• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually found out that women, despite being stereotyped as rubbish drivers, are actually pretty damn good - in-game, at least. I suggest you show your fella how its really done.

Well give him a driving game and he is king, I will admit that. But games which aren't straight forward racing I tend to do better at. I was always better at Burnout.

In real life I have found the stereotype to be true, most women are rubbish drivers. Except me, I'm an awesome driver.

Suairyu

Banned
Not quite sure how it's physiologically possible, but this baby on the coach sounds like a wailing territorial cat. And the mother wont shut it up.

Elective surgery can only do so much for your happiness :(

NinjaBoiX

Well this morning was a complete fucking write off. Joiners not changing locks they were meant to, running around returning useless keys that may as well go in the bin, speaking to dumbass, ignorant office staff about stuff they struggle to comprehend and I must've driven about 60 miles without actually going anywhere in particular! And that's not even mentioning dealing with my incompetent, bumbling manager who I actually have to manage more than the other way around!

Is it time to go home yet? So done...

7f5zB.gif

(just to liven up this whiny post for you guys)

;)

Mikeside

Long time no see, fellas!

I've been so busy at work - constant installs in Sheffield which are now pretty much done
... so that's 100 PCs done, 100 to go on this project followed by 250 more one already signed off projects and 2500 on a project due for sign off in November.

I think this is pretty much my life now. Hard work, but really rewarding and fun to be around new people all the time. Also I got a raise to 18k with my review still upcoming (where I'll be asking for 22k)

Love the gaming setups you guys posted BTW - mine is recently my ps3 plugged into whatever TV my hotel room at the time has.

Donkey's place is slick as fuck. God damn.
Danke! I blame Ikea.

Long time no see, fellas!

I've been so busy at work - constant installs in Sheffield which are now pretty much done
... so that's 100 PCs done, 100 to go on this project followed by 250 more one already signed off projects and 2500 on a project due for sign off in November.

I think this is pretty much my life now. Hard work, but really rewarding and fun to be around new people all the time. Also I got a raise to 18k with my review still upcoming (where I'll be asking for 22k)

Love the gaming setups you guys posted BTW - mine is recently my ps3 plugged into whatever TV my hotel room at the time has.

So how many times have you been to the Rhino while you were here? :p Good hanging out earlier though, homeslice!

Birthday: 23/10/1993
Where do you live: Sturminster Newton (Dorset)
Where are you from: Leamington Spa
University: Lincoln
Favourite Actor/Actress: Sean Bean, I mean, who doesn't love Sharpe?
Favourite Band/Artist: Daft Punk
Favourite TV show: The Office
Favourite Crisps: Kettle
Favourite Biscuit: Can't beat a Liebniz in my mind
Favourite Pokemon: I always preferred Yu-Gi-Oh personally
Ant or Dec: Is neither an option?
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Always stalagmites

Let the judging begin.

Mikeside

So how many times have you been to the Rhino while you were here? :p Good hanging out earlier though, homeslice!

We went twice over the first 2 weeks. My manager went again this week but I managed to hide away with GTA in my room this time.

Bad memories, man.

Cheers for popping out both times, though - I know Simon can be a bit of a nightmare so I apologise if he was too bad when we all hung out! I'll let you know if I'm back in the area anytime soon! (Also good luck tomorrow!)

Mikeside

Birthday: 23/10/1993
Where do you live: Sturminster Newton (Dorset)
Where are you from: Leamington Spa
University: Lincoln
Favourite Actor/Actress: Sean Bean, I mean, who doesn't love Sharpe?
Favourite Band/Artist: Daft Punk
Favourite TV show: The Office
Favourite Crisps: Kettle
Favourite Biscuit: Can't beat a Liebniz in my mind
Favourite Pokemon: I always preferred Yu-Gi-Oh personally
Ant or Dec: Is neither an option?
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Always stalagmites

Let the judging begin.

Sean Bean - you've got the nerd vote (so that's everyone, right?)
Daft Punk - you've got donkey show's vote
The Office - you've got Tash and my votes
Hating Ant and Dec - you've got everyone's votes on this one

Yeah, you'll fit in just fine here.

We went twice over the first 2 weeks. My manager went again this week but I managed to hide away with GTA in my room this time.

Bad memories, man.

Cheers for popping out both times, though - I know Simon can be a bit of a nightmare so I apologise if he was too bad when we all hung out! I'll let you know if I'm back in the area anytime soon! (Also good luck tomorrow!)

Haha no no, that dude is hilarious. Tons of lols were had! Yeah, definitely hit me up next time you're around and thanks!

Sean Bean - you've got the nerd vote (so that's everyone, right?)

Sheffield-GAF is good with it.

Chinner

Banned
almost finished tlou, it's worthy of the hype indeed. need time to let it sink but it could probably go into my top 10.

also want to post of my tv setup but will have to wait till I get internet

mrklaw

MrArseFace
my office/gaming PC area. Half my spare room, the rest being a dumping ground for the kids' junk
RuZmZVF.jpg

another view showing my 'room divider'
DiFIMkY.jpg

and my lounge (area with the Vita used to have my phat PS3, but the replacement superslim is too ugly. PS4 will have pride of place there)
relKc3v.jpg

TV is a 46" Bravia - can't go bigger due to the cupboards :/
Slot in the ceiling is my projector screen (projector is just above the sofa, out of shot).
It also never looks that neat - I just threw the junk off the sofa and coffee table onto the dining table at the back of the room :)

NinjaBoiX

almost finished tlou, it's worthy of the hype indeed. need time to let it sink but it could probably go into my top 10.

also want to post of my tv setup but will have to wait till I get internet
It's rather marvellous isn't it? Those cut scenes were so damn good. And the sound design is out of this world. Fantastic game.

mrklaw, your place is gorgeous. Donkey's isn't too shabby either!

Edit:NandyRewman, welcome. Deets added to OP.

afoni

Banned
Fucking hell dude, how much free time do you have on your hands! I think I've played for about two or three hours, max.

Second year student in a new house with no internet and terrible phone signal. I went out yesterday to meet a friend (who is staying over tonight) so I'm not in complete shut-in mode.

I do this shit all the time with games, but I can justify it this time, yay.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
wife wants to go to Greenwich at the weekend - any recommendations around there? Meridian line thing, Cutty Sark. Is the olympic park close enough to include.

Entry form complete!

When's you Birthday: June 26th
Where do you live: Glasgow
Where are you from: Glasgow
Occupation/University: Network Technician
Favourite Actor/Actress: Michael Fassbender
Favourite Band/Artist: The National
Favourite TV Show: All time? The Wire. Current - Breaking Bad
Favourite Crisps: Old school Space Raiders
Favourite Biscuit: Rocky
Favourite Pokémon: None
Ant or Dec: Ant
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Whichever one was in The Descent

wife wants to go to Greenwich at the weekend - any recommendations around there? Meridian line thing, Cutty Sark. Is the olympic park close enough to include.

The whole of Greenwich is lovely. The meridian line is at the Observatory in the park, worth taking a look inside there too. The naval college is pretty cool, it's used in a lot of films, including Pirates of the Caribbean and the new Thor film. The town itself is nice with lots of interesting shops and nice places to eat.

If you hop on the DLR you can then go to Stratford, the Olympic site is a short walk from there, not sure if there's anything to go look at right now though. Alternatively you can pop in to the Westfield shopping centre for some retail therapy.

Mikeside

Entry form complete!

When's you Birthday: June 26th
Where do you live: Glasgow
Where are you from: Glasgow
Occupation/University: Network Technician
Favourite Actor/Actress: Michael Fassbender
Favourite Band/Artist: The National
Favourite TV Show: All time? The Wire. Current - Breaking Bad
Favourite Crisps: Old school Space Raiders
Favourite Biscuit: Rocky
Favourite Pokémon: None
Ant or Dec: Ant
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Whichever one was in The Descent

Good man, you'll be great company for Shorty, Lirlond and Kent

Lirlond

fuck my Phone got the samsung death syndrome. Got to send it away to warranty, could be two weeks before I get it back. My sims a micro so I can't even pop it in an old phone!

IFSDNGI.jpg

The entire 'Nintendo' section in my local tesco, for all Wii, Wii U, DS, and 3DS games. This is also the only place in the area to get new games, seeing as Game, HMV, and Xtravision have all closed down in the past year or so.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I like how it's all relegated to a subsection of the 360 shelf. Animal Crossing still listed as "NEW" while somehow Rayman Legends is old news already (lol Wii U)?

Symphonia

Banned
I hate to see Nintendo relegated to such low levels of respect. There was a time when Sony and Microsoft feared the name of Nintendo, now they just laugh when they hear it. It annoys me because I still have love and admiration for them as a developer.

Suairyu

Banned
The 80s club and catwalk fashion exhibit at the V&A is well worth it, guys. £5/2 hours well spent. Takes me back to my very first TV show, some of the names mentioned.

Suairyu

Banned
There was a time when Sony and Microsoft feared the name of Nintendo, now they just laugh when they hear it
I really don't think there was. SONY exploded the marketplace all by themselves, bringing videogames out of the bedrooms of children and teens, and out into the living rooms of trendy 20-something's.

By the time Microsoft entered the scene, Nintendo were already quite a ways into their slight into irrelevancy with the core market. The N64 was never super popular and the best thing the GameCube had from a marketing perspective was its initial low price.

Nintendo were last truly on top with the core with the SNES. The Wii was, like with the PlayStation before it, the creation of a brand new demographic (one that transferred to Facebook and iPads)

Sorry for the large and (slightly) blurry pic! Looked pretty small on mobile NeoGaf.

Game have a similar deal to the good PS3 bundle they had recently (500GB PS3 + GTA V, Last of Us, and Breaking Bad Season 1 DVD for £200) with the 500GB PS3, GTA V, The Last of Us, and Splinter Cell Blacklist for £219. Though it seems to have sold out online already.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Sorry for the large and (slightly) blurry pic! Looked pretty small on mobile NeoGaf.

Game have a similar deal to the good PS3 bundle they had recently (500GB PS3 + GTA V, Last of Us, and Breaking Bad Season 1 DVD for £200) with the 500GB PS3, GTA V, The Last of Us, and Splinter Cell Blacklist for £219. Though it seems to have sold out online already.

Any self respecting internet user will be using a good sized screen that can handle a picture your size with having to scroll around.

Anyone else accepted they won't play another game again apart from GTA V, I'm not even kidding, I can almost feel the waves hitting my face when i stand in the LS beach.

Mikeside

So I suppose the DS destroying the PSP in terms of sales (and quality of games) counts for nothing?

To be fair the lacklustre performance of the PSP wasn't so much to do with how popular the (admittedly extremely popular) DS was, rather than the fact it was completely hackable (and to be honest, was much more user-friendly hacked with all those digital games at your fingertips) and didn't have the same iconic games that loads of people really clicked with as the DS did (having said that I fucking loved my PSP and the many games I owned for it)

PSP was kind-of it's own worst enemy.

PSP games also suffered from the whole "dude you just made a fucking console game" problem. Not all games had this problem - Monster Hunter being the first game since Pokemon to understand how killer a socially driven portable experience can be, that's the big example - but generally the console was, well, a PlayStation you could carry around.

Game Boy and DS lines have succeeded because they are most definitely not SNES/N64/GameCubes you can carry around. Despite the ports.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
The psp was only good for homebrew, i fucking loved that scene back in the day! Modding the psp was like defusing a bomb, I bricked my first one :(

8bit

Knows the Score
Pata-pata-pata-pon!

(My PSP still gets used for Gradius/Parodius, usually in teleconferences with people who like saying webinar.)

Vashetti

Banned
IFSDNGI.jpg

The entire 'Nintendo' section in my local tesco, for all Wii, Wii U, DS, and 3DS games. This is also the only place in the area to get new games, seeing as Game, HMV, and Xtravision have all closed down in the past year or so.

Holy shit my Tesco has done exactly the same.

It's definitely new-threadworthy I think. Tesco are a huge retailer in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom