• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conference call at 4. For like, the third time, I think the project may be almost over. Which is good. Because then invoice and then money. So close. Struggling to think of any more things that need to be done, which is good.

Oh Ninj, not sure if you've seen this yet...

null_zpse07f59de.png

NinjaBoiX

Oh Ninj, not sure if you've seen this yet...

null_zpse07f59de.png
Huh, I thought Anklebiters was the next single. Oh well, both great tracks. I love Ain't It Fun, it's a top drawer pop song.

I hope the video is better than Still Into You though, that shit was weak! Especially after the pretty cool vid for Now.
They released a pop album Tash.

dealwithit.gif

I love it man! It's just not a pop punk album. I'm OK with this. Embrace the twee cheese dude.

I'm booming All We Know Is Falling in the van right now, so fucking good. That opening track (All We Know) is magnificent.

SKINNER!

Banned
So now that Evilore is going to attend a Britgaf meetup, what other video game/GAF celebs can we meet? That dude who does the abridged ps3/Xbox/Nintendo conferences? Oh, hang on..Gary Whitta. Wonder if he still comes home every now and then.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
So whilst I've quit smoking and started the gym I've....deicided to hold back on "tashbrooke time".....it's been a day and fucking hell it's almost as bad as not smoking....especially when you're at home alone...with you and the internet...6 hours till work and still like 2 till I go to the gym....

By tash time i mean having a wank

Know Is Falling in the van right now, so fucking good. That opening track (All We Know) is magnificent.
I like that song but the drumming is pretty week on it
Bah!

I still want Mike to skype me from the pub tomorrow. Make sure your phone is charged man!
pretty sexy idea thar jed

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, AWKIF just generally has a slightly weak feel to it, almost half arsed. Not in the songwriting sense, but more in terms of the actual performances.

The version of "Pressure" on The Final Riot! is in a whole other league compared to the album version; harder, faster and Hayley's vocal has so much more bite.

"Tell me where our time went,
And if it was time well spent,"

On TFR, she really forces the "T" sound, giving it a wonderful snarl. On the album version, it sounds like she recorded it when she just woke up.

COME ON HAYLEY, I WANT YOU TO BELT IT OUT!

But yeah, it took Zac Farro a little while to really find his feet. By the time Riot! came around, he was on top form.

Then Ilan Rubin came and showed him up as an amateur on "Paramore". Goddamn, the drums on Part II are so epic, those 2 minutes of rolling fills and barely controlled lunacy at the end is so good! Gives me goosebumps every time.

SteveWD40

So whilst I've quit smoking and started the gym I've....deicided to hold back on "tashbrooke time".....it's been a day and fucking hell it's almost as bad as not smoking....especially when you're at home alone...with you and the internet...6 hours till work and still like 2 till I go to the gym....

You should do it once a day, good for the prostate.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Not smoke tobacco is easy, The feeling a fag gives you is more mild than a cup of coffee. I wouldn't smoke tobacco today but i'm getting a free gram of blue cheese so i'l need tobacco in my joints.

pretty sexy idea thar jed

your missing out on two great things

I did both at the same time once, it was surreal

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
dolphin-rape-cave.jpg

Holy Shit.

Why do you torture yourself so?
I don't know man..I just don't know....

The gym because fitness and stuff
Smoking because......fitness and stuff
Wanking because...focus and stuff, i reckon I probably wank too much and i do lose focus the more I do...so I decided I should keep it zipped at least for 3/4 days....
Yeah, AWKIF just generally has a slightly weak feel to it, almost half arsed. Not in the songwriting sense, but more in terms of the actual performances.

The version of "Pressure" on The Final Riot! is in a whole other league compared to the album version; harder, faster and Hayley's vocal has so much more bite.

"Tell me where our time went,
And if it was time well spent,"

On TFR, she really forces the "T" sound, giving it a wonderful snarl. On the album version, it sounds like she recorded it when she just woke up.

COME ON HAYLEY, I WANT YOU TO BELT IT OUT!

But yeah, it took Zac Farro a little while to really find his feet. By the time Riot! came around, he was on top form.

Then Ilan Rubin came and showed him up as an amateur on "Paramore". Goddamn, the drums on Part II are so epic, those 2 minutes of rolling fills and barely controlled lunacy at the end is so good! Gives me goosebumps every time.
Ahh the hayley snarl
swooning.gif

Well I think I'm in the mood for some Deftones today

You should do it once a day, good for the prostate.
But I need my brain!
Not smoke tobacco is easy, The feeling a fag gives you is more mild than a cup of coffee. I wouldn't smoke tobacco today but i'm getting a free gram of blue cheese so i'l need tobacco in my joints.
Not smoking cigarettes is hard when you're constantly stressed

your missing out on two great things

I did both at the same time once, it was surreal

A wank and a cigarette would suck, a spliff and a wank yes, but a ciggy? Nah... smoke after sexual relief.

NSFW I guess.
Why do these images find me right now

Kentpaul

dolphin-rape-cave.jpg

Holy Shit.

I don't know man..I just don't know....

The gym because fitness and stuff
Smoking because......fitness and stuff
Wanking because...focus and stuff, i reckon I probably wank too much and i do lose focus the more I do...so I decided I should keep it zipped at least for 3/4 days....

Ahh the hayley snarl
swooning.gif

Well I think I'm in the mood for some Deftones today

But I need my brain!

Not smoking cigarettes is hard when you're constantly stressed

A wank and a cigarette would suck, a spliff and a wank yes, but a ciggy? Nah... smoke after sexual relief.

I smoke zest when I'm stressed because cigarettes put me into a downer. Though at community service i have started smoking fags/rollies in social situations because there's a lot of doing nothing between hard graft so you gotta keep busy right ? Nothing like a few gentlemen of crime having a conversation while everyone puffs their tobacco.

We could put madmen out of business.

So Britgaf, I shall soon cease to live with me mam and will be loving into my own gaf innit.

There are some things I simply will not have space for, including my Gamecube and original Xbox both of which I have a fairly good collection for. I was wondering whether anyone would want either the console and/or games? I'd like them to go to a good home, and I would give them to my brother but he doesn't really play games anymore.

I might edit this post later with the actual list of what i own but off the top of my head;

On Gamecube I have:

Eternal Darkness
SSB Melee
Timesplitters 2
Timesplitters FP
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Turok Evolution
Freedom Fighters
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Soul Callibur 2
Burnout 1

then some others I don't remember

+ 2 controllers

On XBOX I have:

Fable: The Lost Chapters
KOTOR 2
Black
Yager
Porject Gotham Racing

And I can't remember the rest.

The XBOX has 2 controllers and a DVD remote plus the plug in

Reknoc

Well I enjoyed TS2, how was Future Perfect?

didn't get to play MP mode, but I found the single player to be a lot more fun. Game plays differently as well, closer to the FPS of that era instead of a Goldeneye 2.0. Funny cutscenes.

Well I enjoyed TS2, how was Future Perfect?

it has a great story mode

and it has basically everything TS2 had in terms of arcade and challenge modes plus the editor.

Sorry for the wall of text by the way, just when we were having a great discussion on dolphin rape

Also, it's not against the rules to try and flog/give away my shit here is it?

Kentpaul

Is the xbox at least modded ? I could do with an emulator machine in my sitting room. Then again I'm not a hoarder so i don't want a big stack of consoles in my main room.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Also, it's not against the rules to try and flog/give away my shit here is it?
There's a thread dedicated for people giving away and selling things on GAF so it isn't against the rules. During the first meetup ex member J Tourettes gave away his SNES to Musha.

Well I may be interest in Future Perfect then.

Kentpaul

There's a thread dedicated for people giving away and selling things on GAF so it isn't against the rules. During the first meetup ex member J Tourettes gave away his SNES to Musha.

The romancer, Fuck i feels like years since that dude got banned.

Chinner

Banned

he must have been gutted when he found out she had a bf.

Kentpaul

I'l keep my eye out for some nice rare retro games when i do work for charity shop's and sell to you guys at a great discount. I can imagine we will be picking up a lot of retro gaming shit.

I have no problems giving those 2 away

Something that might affect people's interest. I'm not a lover of boxes, I keep all my disks in cd wallets and I can't guarantee I even still own the original cases for those 2. What I can do is use a generic CD case. I take care of my disks though so they aren't covered in tons of scratches.

BGBW I may just chuck in a couple of bonus things like Eternal Darkness which is easily one of the top 3 games ever made for the Gamecube. Unless someone else wants that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well someone else should experience ED since I already have it and beaten it thrice. ;)

Oh and as for boxes I'm usually a bit of a stickler for them. Even have most of my SNES and GameBoy boxes in storage and for disc based games the DVD cases are easiest way for me to store them. But I can't really complain.

he must have been gutted when he found out she had a bf.
I should note he asked if anyone wanted his SNES and she took up the offer. It wasn't like he just brought it with him for some weird hope.

Kentpaul

I have no problems giving those 2 away

Something that might affect people's interest. I'm not a lover of boxes, I keep all my disks in cd wallets and I can't guarantee I even still own the original cases for those 2. What I can do is use a generic CD case. I take care of my disks though so they aren't covered in tons of scratches.

BGBW I may just chuck in a couple of bonus things like Eternal Darkness which is easily one of the top 3 games ever made for the Gamecube. Unless someone else wants that.

Game cases are not for gamers but collectors who have no interest in playing games, only collecting them.

SKINNER!

Banned
I'l keep my eye out for some nice rare retro games when i do work for charity shop's and sell to you guys at a great discount. I can imagine we will be picking up a lot of retro gaming shit.

Once saw a boxed NES console in a local/small second hand junk shop that I frequently walked past to/from high school. Didn't care much for it as I was only into the N64/current gen shit at the time. Well gutted that I didn't pick it up. Probably was ridiculously cheap too. Back in the days when eBay wasn't as huge as it is now.

Kentpaul

Once saw a boxed NES console in a local/small second hand junk shop that I frequently walked past to/from high school. Didn't care much for it as I was only into the N64/current gen shit at the time. Well gutted that I didn't pick it up. Probably was ridiculously cheap too. Back in the days when eBay wasn't as huge as it is now.

Damn man, I have never even seen a snes or nes box lol. Charity shops are a goldmine for this sort of stuff. They chucked out a PS2 when i was last in, i remember seeing one in the back of the van heading to the skip.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I got a SNES Super Scope from a charity store in a box (albeit quite battered) and MGS for a couple quid.

I once bought a NES as a kid at my primary school auction for £2 (it's all I had on me). My mum took it back to the seller and told him off for selling a redundant console with no games.

Kentpaul

I got a SNES Super Scope from a charity store in a box (albeit quite battered) and MGS for a couple quid.

I once bought a NES as a kid at my primary school auction for £2 (it's all I had on me). My mum took it back to the seller and told him off for selling a redundant console with no games.

It's because the only people that see value in retro consoles is gamers. You wouldn't expect to pay more for an old CD player or VHS system would you ? I could really do with setting a PS1 or Snes up in my sitting room. It will be hidden away from sight so guests don't think I'm a disgusting hoarder.

SKINNER!

Banned
Damn man, I have never even seen a snes or nes box lol. Charity shops are a goldmine for this sort of stuff. They chucked out a PS2 when i was last in, i remember seeing one in the back of the van heading to the skip.

Nice! Maybe it's me and where I am but I had zero luck with video games when it comes to charity shops ever since I saw that NES.

Playground transactions were amazing! Managed to get Killer Instinct and The Jungle Book on Gameboy for pennies/free.

It's because the only people that see value in retro consoles is gamers. You wouldn't expect to pay more for an old CD player or VHS system would you ? I could really do with setting a PS1 or Snes up in my sitting room. It will be hidden away from sight so guests don't think I'm a disgusting hoarder.

I blame ebay for bumping up the price. Really want a multi-mega but won't spend £200 on a second hand 10+ year old console :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom