• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Aww yiss lost 2lbs!
w1EBA.gif

:D

Feels good man. I've been doing pretty well too, haven't eaten garbage in like a month.

I put my work trousers on this morning, and it felt like I needed a new pair a size smaller. I could've stuffed a small melon down the front of the waistband.

Reknoc

muuuurh packaging waiting for me at home but I don't know if it's Dragons Crown or Tales of Xillia ._. hopefully the information I've been given is outdated and there are now 2 packages waiting for me.

It isn't all bad. I didn't get a PS1 until I reached the grand old age of 8 or 9. I remember a few people having SNESs, Sega Genesis etc.

It's bad. You probably didn't even get to play Sonic when it was good :(

I feel nothing. Same about having never played all the original Mario games. If I get the chance to sure, but older games generally only hold my attention or desire if there's some sort of link to them (nostalgia, couldn't afford to buy it with pocket money, played the sequel etc).

I got Sonic Rush for the DS. Can't say anything too highly of it so far though, so perhaps I will hunt them down on Steam some day. Legends looks interesting though.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
muuuurh packaging waiting for me at home but I don't know if it's Dragons Crown or Tales of Xillia ._. hopefully the information I've been given is outdated and there are now 2 packages waiting for me.

I was a snes gamer, I was mainly into mario i never had the Super mario all starts game out my snes :p, its still in my snes right now collecting dust, like everyone i had that weird friend who owned a sega.

I feel nothing. Same about having never played all the original Mario games. If I get the chance to sure, but older games generally only hold my attention or desire if there's some sort of link to them (nostalgia, couldn't afford to buy it with pocket money, played the sequel etc).

I got Sonic Rush for the DS. Can't say anything too highly of it so far though, so perhaps I will hunt them down on Steam some day. Legends looks interesting though.

Sonic Rush isn't really anything like the originals. It's 2D, and stars Sonic, that's about it.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
yeah lifting is awesome, glad your getting yo shit to the gym. you should learn the love the squat. i usually leave it last on a workout though because it ruins you. in a good way - as long as your form is good.

me you and kent can become the buff squad of britgaf

Good idea

Reknoc

I was a snes gamer, I was mainly into mario i never had the Super mario all starts game out my snes :p, its still in my snes right now collecting dust, like everyone i had that weird friend who owned a sega.

same for me, though with less mario allstars playing.

Sonic Rush is p.bad. In fact Sonic was only good during the Megadrive era, then it went to shit and stayed that way up until Colours, and now its decent.

edit: sonic advance was decent

Sonic Rush isn't really anything like the originals. It's 2D, and stars Sonic, that's about it.

same for me, though with less mario allstars playing.

Sonic Rush is p.bad. In fact Sonic was only good during the Megadrive era, then it went to shit and stayed that way up until Colours, and now its decent.

edit: sonic advance was decent

Glad I only payed £3.50 for it then, and it wasn't just me. So far it's blue ball flying around and bumping into things, and the way it plays makes me feel as though I'm not in control of the little bastard. Or does that mean I just don't get 2D Sonic?

Glad I only payed £3.50 for it then, and it wasn't just me. So far it's blue ball flying around and bumping into things, and the way it plays makes me feel as though I'm not in control of the little bastard. Or does that mean I just don't get 2D Sonic?

Sonic Rush is pretty much "Hold down boost: The Video Game" so no, that's not really indicative of much. The Mega Drive games generally have a better mix of proper platforming and speedy bits, with the controls being a lot sharper.

Kentpaul

Sonic Rush is pretty much "Hold down boost: The Video Game" so no, that's not really indicative of much. The Mega Drive games generally have a better mix of proper platforming and speedy bits, with the controls being a lot sharper.

It's always tense in sonic when your in the underwater levels having to find the air bubles, Stuff of nightmares : Da game yo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yw5jkAHgME

Kentpaul

Fuuuuck. Pinched a flap of my skin under the squat bar. A 100kg pinch is really painful you guys.

I'm always careful when i work out. Mistakes at the gym or at home with gym equipment doesn't end well.

NinjaBoiX

I always careful when i work out. Mistakes at the gym or at home with gym equipment doesn't end well.
You sound uncharacteristically sensible and po-faced here Kent. Particularly the bolded, it sounds like an exert from a gym safety pamphlet.

Kentpaul

What's with the old counterstrike costing more than the new one on steam ? Just for that i hope HL3 flops badly. I'm so pissed off at that, I was all happy going to buy Counter strike source then i seen the price. Its just unacceptable.

You sound uncharacteristically sensible and po-faced here Kent. Particularly the bolded, it sounds like an exert from a gym safety pamphlet.

I just keep on the safe side when it comes to things like manual handling ect, I don't want to end up with back injuries and have to take opiate medications for the rest of my life.

Brit gaf who wants to play some WARFRAME LATEr ?

SteveWD40

What's with the old counterstrike costing more than the new one on steam ? Just for that i hope HL3 flops badly. I'm so pissed off at that, I was all happy going to buy Counter strike source then i seen the price. Its just unacceptable.

o944IJi.gif

HL3 could be a rhythm game made in RPG Maker with IAP and released only on Japanese import Turbo Grafx and it would still sell gajillions.

f0rk

GO is better than Source, and calling Source "old counterstrike" is pretty funny

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
sorting out my Doom and Quake installations, we WILL play this eventually. Turns out I have most of the data on my PC still, but the exe's were destroyed in the great virus attack of 2012. Fingers crossed it still works.

Kentpaul

sorting out my Doom and Quake installations, we WILL play this eventually. Turns out I have most of the data on my PC still, but the exe's were destroyed in the great virus attack of 2012. Fingers crossed it still works.

Are they on steam ? I don't give games that ain't on steam my time of the day.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Are they on steam ? I don't give games that ain't on steam my time of the day.

They are. Pretty dear though, £6 for quake and £4 for doom it seems. Fuck if I'm paying that, I've bought these games at least 3 times each.

Quake works even though I have to take off all the realtime lighting in Darkplaces (the engine mod I use)

NinjaBoiX

Just got in from work, set to iron clothes and shit and pack for the weekend. Grabbed a beer from the fridge, switch in the TV, an hour of Paramore vids/ogling Hayley just started on MTV, aww yiss!

My extended weekend is off to a promising start.

(I didn't get away early, my phone didn't stop this afternoon. :/)
24 hours and counting...

There's not enough squeee in the world
Also, this.

37EQLfb.gif

Sorry guys, that's two today. I think I've hit my quota.

Kentpaul

They are. Pretty dear though, £6 for quake and £4 for doom it seems. Fuck if I'm paying that, I've bought these games at least 3 times each.

Quake works even though I have to take off all the realtime lighting in Darkplaces (the engine mod I use)

Just search quake on the store and damn it looks old, I was hoping for something that was UTGOTY type graphics. I'm down though if more people jump in.

Searched for you on the steam friends list and got this

jedeye sniv
This user has not yet set up their Steam Community profile.
If you know them encourage him/her to set up their profile and join in on the gaming!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Just search quake on the store and damn it looks old, I was hoping for something that was UTGOTY type graphics. I'm down though if more people jump in.

Searched for you on the steam friends list and got this

Yeah it's proper old. Quake 1 is the first FPS game to be made with polygons dontcha know.

I haven't got steam set up properly at all since my PC can barely even run these games, and I didn't buy them through steam so I don't know if there's some kind of internal server list there. I use engine source ports to play the game, currently playing through Darkplaces, and it seems there are loads and loads of empty servers that a group could jump into.

If you want to nerd out, check out the Quake Source Port communities out there, it's a crazy internet hole to fall down, people have done some impressive stuff with the game.

SKINNER!

Banned
You remind me of me when I first tried Wolfenstein and thought it looked awful compared to Quake, Duke 3D, Hexen and even Doom.

Jordan

So, today got worse and worse.

I ended up doing overtime because of stupid pre-installed network cables where the ends were snapped off and me not realising until after I was supposed to finish. Because I was late, I thought - Oh, I'll be a nice son and pick my mum up from work (she works thirty seconds down the road from me) - went and waited for her and then she asks me to take her to the shops... get out my car, holding my phone walk past the mirror catch my arm and drop my fucking phone. Chipped all around the edges, case is destroyed - luckily no smash but still enough to fuck me off. I could get it replaced from my insurance but it means no phone for a few days and currently running the beta version on the phone so quite enjoying seeing that. Will replace when it's properly released. Get in, cat has shat over the floor, go to tidy it up and stick my hand right in it so I said fuck this shit and locked myself in my room.

Now to load up a violent game and kill cunts.

So Notts lass told me she got inquisitioned by her family about me yesterday and now her parents want to meet and have invited me to a family BBQ in two weeks. :O

NinjaBoiX

So, today got worse and worse.

I ended up doing overtime because of stupid pre-installed network cables where the ends were snapped off and me not realising until after I was supposed to finish. Because I was late, I thought - Oh, I'll be a nice son and pick my mum up from work (she works thirty seconds down the road from me) - went and waited for her and then she asks me to take her to the shops... get out my car, holding my phone walk past the mirror catch my arm and drop my fucking phone. Chipped all around the edges, case is destroyed - luckily no smash but still enough to fuck me off. I could get it replaced from my insurance but it means no phone for a few days and currently running the beta version on the phone so quite enjoying seeing that. Will replace when it's properly released. Get in, cat has shat over the floor, go to tidy it up and stick my hand right in it so I said fuck this shit and locked myself in my room.

Now to load up a violent game and kill cunts.
Sorry Jordan, but lol.

Did you trip or are you just really badly co-ordinated?

Or do you just enjoy the feel of cat shit?

(I'm not ragging on you today mate, you've just amused me with your posts today! Knock one out dude, you'll feel better.)

Edit: Go Donkey! You're in with the in-laws dude, this is good news! Or bad, depending on your POV.

Jordan

Sorry Jordan, but lol.

Did you trip or are you just really badly co-ordinated?

Or do you just enjoy the feel of cat shit?

(I'm not ragging on you today mate, you've just amused me with your posts today! Knock one out dude, you'll feel better.)

Light is out in the hallway, and folded tissue failure... there's gaps between the fold

Edit: Go Donkey! You're in with the in-laws dude, this is good news! Or bad, depending on your POV.

Oooooh dis getting serious!

Haha, it may or may not be serious, but I definitely don't mind meeting parents. Maybe I can finally stay over at their house on the weekends, lol. Even after she told them my life story, she said they liked me so far... phew. Her brother was already asking if I could get him game discounts. xD

jufonuk

not tag worthy
When's you Birthday: 15-11-77
Where do you live: s e London
Where are you from: born in Maidstone in Kent lived in London all my life
Occupation/University: Greenwich uni and Canterbury uni , work in Television News (technical/admin side)
Favourite Actor/Actress: Too many
Favourite Band/Artist: The prodigy
Favourite TV Show: Too many
Favourite Crisps: Worcester sauce
Favourite Biscuit: Maryland hazelnut choc
Favourite Pokémon: n/a
Ant or Dec: err neither
Stalactites or Stalagmites: ???
Beano or Dandy: 2000AD or Viz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom