• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

Basically anything involving animé or similar (including ANYTHING with cute, animated characters) has fucked up fanbases that creep me the fuck out with their misplaced sexualisation.

There are normal people who enjoy that stuff too, but the extremely vocal minority ruins it for the rest (especially when the creators start to play up to the sickos)

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The more I stare at that poster the worse it looks. The text at the top looks jaggy as fuck, there's something clipped off at the bottom and a white line on the right side. I'm two minutes from loading up photoshop myself and going to town.

Isn't it already like 3:30 over there though?

SKINNER!

Banned
The more I stare at that poster the worse it looks. The text at the top looks jaggy as fuck, there's something clipped off at the bottom and a white line on the right side. I'm two minutes from loading up photoshop myself and going to town.

Isn't it already like 3:30 over there though?

It is now.

afoni

Banned
Basically anything involving animé or similar (including ANYTHING with cute, animated characters) has fucked up fanbases that creep me the fuck out with their misplaced sexualisation.

There are normal people who enjoy that stuff too, but the extremely vocal minority ruins it for the rest (especially when the creators start to play up to the sickos)

I avoid being vocal about enjoying anime and I've been told to use 'images that show off the girls' in articles before. I tried testing the limits of how far I could go and ended up managing to get this onto an article: http://i.imgur.com/Z7JIJoD.png

It's not fun.

Oh I'm familiar with the depravity of Sonic fans, trust. I blame Sonic for letting furries exist. BUT, I do quite admire how most sonic fans are unapologetically sexual about their interests. It has a twisted kind of honesty about it, and I like that. Also, sonic gave the world 'Gotta go fast'. How can you hate on that?!

I do hope I didn't push the cunty thing too far but fuck it, I stand behind those words. Pokemon is not good.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQzDeEtbvME

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I explore all genres and types of entertainment. I fall in and out of interest with various shows or games and others never catch me in the first place but I usually give most things a chance. I watched and participated in a lot of the MLP stuff on NeoGAF when it was first super popular and I'll be honest I was entertained. I think most of it was how angry people got on the forums about it but I thought the show was pretty catchy and fun as well.

Oh man did people rip the shit out of me for that one. Probably more than any anime I've ever watched either. Never finished the first season and just came to the realization there's a lot of better media out there to waste my time on versus something not really aimed at my demographic. But still, all power to people outside that demo who still watch.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
ScreenShot2013-10-07at154735_zps8e57b92a.png

Thanks guys, how's that for improved layout?

JB, better font consistency now?

Mike I need help with my synopsis

Chinner

Banned
Oh I'm familiar with the depravity of Sonic fans, trust. I blame Sonic for letting furries exist. BUT, I do quite admire how most sonic fans are unapologetically sexual about their interests. It has a twisted kind of honesty about it, and I like that. Also, sonic gave the world 'Gotta go fast'. How can you hate on that?!

I do hope I didn't push the cunty thing too far but fuck it, I stand behind those words. Pokemon is not good.
arnt you a radiohead fan

Not a fan of the font, particularly on the Free Entry bit and the Live Music Til' late bit. The "Free Entry" bit should just be solid colour, without a gradient of white to grey as it looks there. The red border on green text for the Kids' Stuff and Live Music Til' Late sections is kind of ugly and might come out unclear when printed.

Also, about that apostrophe, would it be better without it so it was just "Till Late" or maybe even "Until Late"? Perhaps.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I didn't like K-ON so I doubt I'd like Lucky Star. Don't have time for cutesy slice of life bullshit unless there is a sick/demented twist (higurashi) or it's just a front for action and guitars and aliens (FLCL). In before BGBW defends whatever as not really slice of life.

I say this but I just finished Watamote which I found amusing. It really is a black comedy and I hope no one takes it as anything but that because that girl's life is a fucking train-wreck. People like to make fun of the generic gaffer for being socially stunted, but I doubt there is anyone really as bad as Tomoko.

Right?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Radiohead never inspired anyone to put pecs on a dog. PECS. ON A DOG.
There are freaks in every fanbase though. Have you seen the interview where Thom talks about that girl who told him she shag's to Paranoid Android?
I like some cutesy animes. Haruhi, Moyashimon, Zetsubou Sensei... It has to be a bit self knowing and tongue in cheek for me to dig it though.
I also like Haruhi. Never heard of the others. But I feel like high school days esque stuff and good slice of life is the rare exception because it's been done to death. So I avoid these as a rule unless I know good things have been said about them.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I like some cutesy animes. Haruhi, Moyashimon, Zetsubou Sensei... It has to be a bit self knowing and tongue in cheek for me to dig it though.

There are freaks in every fanbase though. Have you seen the interview where Thom talks about that girl who told him she shag's to Paranoid Android?

Mis-placed sexualisation in music is nowhere near as bad though.

I mean, at least there's a human on the other end of this story, not a cartoon magic horse.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

No, but it reminds me of ninja's story about his friend who fucked bjork with a strapon and that's great. I think of that every time I hear bjork now.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

I mean, at least there's a human on the other end of this story, not a cartoon magic horse.
True. The worst radiohead fans are the snobs and people who post super bad album rankings. Not gonna name names but you all know who you are.

Mikeside

This is the best thing I've ever read on the internet.
I want it as a backwards tattoo on my face so I can read it every morning in the mirror.

There are freaks in every fanbase though. Have you seen the interview where Thom talks about that girl who told him she shag's to Paranoid Android?I also like Haruhi. Never heard of the others. But I feel like high school days esque stuff and good slice of life is the rare exception because it's been done to death. So I avoid these as a rule unless I know good things have been said about them.

I've done the dirty to Paranoid Android. What's wrong with that?
I guess it's pretty fucking weird to tell Thom Yorke that. It'd be like me telling Jedeye that I got a blowjob to Monkey Doo once. (well, now I'm just as bad - to be fair the soundtrack wasn't planned)

ScreenShot2013-10-07at154735_zps8e57b92a.png

Thanks guys, how's that for improved layout?

JB, better font consistency now?

Mike I need help with my synopsis

Layout is much better now. Just put the little blurb I said to put & maybe a bit of a description of what's going on there on the evening.

Sorry about that.

Oh, you know I don't mean you. I mean the people who seriously make an effort to let the whole internet know that "I LEGITIMATELY IDENTIFY WITH THESE DRAWINGS ON A SEXUAL LEVEL"

True. The worst radiohead fans are the snobs and people who post super bad album rankings. Not gonna name names but you all know who you are.

OK Computer / In Rainbows (joint 1st place)
The Bends
The King of Limbs
Kid A
Amnesiac
Hail to the Thief
Creep
(the rest of) Pablo Honey

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I've done the dirty to Paranoid Android. What's wrong with that? I guess it's pretty fucking weird to tell Thom Yorke that. It'd be like me telling Jedeye that I got a blowjob to Monkey Doo once. (well, now I'm just as bad - to be fair the soundtrack wasn't planned)

The Bends
The King of Limbs
Kid A
Amnesiac
Hail to the Thief
Creep
Just a super bizarre song to get down to. The only thing weirder would be listening to Weird Al while getting a blowjob.

Also your first place is a cop out. Also surprised you put King of Limbs so high. But otherwise that's a pretty solid list, if a little harsh on Hail to the Thief.

NinjaBoiX

Classy chick who loves to bone to fine tunage.

"Mezzanine" by Masif Atak is the ultimate smanging record. Well, it's just the ultimate record, let's be honest.

"Dirge" by Death in Vegas is a fucking great track to bone to as well:

Death in Vegas - Dirge

So brooding, so intense, sexy breathy vocals and the slowly rising crescendo to barely controlled lunacy at the end is a perfect fit.

My mate lost his virginity to "All Around the World" by Oasis. I cried a little inside when he told me. I don't hate Oasis or anything, but a big sing along ballad with a brass section while you are trying to get fresh? Awkward!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I've done the dirty to Paranoid Android. What's wrong with that?
I guess it's pretty fucking weird to tell Thom Yorke that. It'd be like me telling Jedeye that I got a blowjob to Monkey Doo once. (well, now I'm just as bad - to be fair the soundtrack wasn't planned)

This makes me feel both special and violated.

The Bends
The King of Limbs
Kid A
Amnesiac
Hail to the Thief
Creep

This is mostly fair, but I'd put Pablo Honey over Ambesiac in your list because of the childhood connection I have with it. PH was our jam back at school. Blowout! Lurgee! Anyone Can Play Guitar!

Fuck creep and fuck creep fans.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
My mate lost his virginity to "All Around the World" by Oasis. I cried a little inside when he told me. I don't hate Oasis or anything, but a big sing along ballad with a brass section while you are trying to get fresh? Awkward!

I love that track. More songs should use orchestras.

jimbor

Banned
We're ranking Radiohead albums?

Bends-------------------------------------------------------------------------------->Ok Computer----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->Pablo Honey.

Everything else is wanky shite.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Kid A shite with the beeps and boops, why won't johnny just pick up his guitar again, amirite
Classy chick who loves to bone to fine tunage.

It's a good tune for sure but humping to the unborn chicken voices in Thom's head is just not on the level. Losing your virginity to "All around the world" is hilarious though.

NinjaBoiX

OK Computer
In Rainbows
The Bends

Next? Beastie Boys!

Check Your Head
Illcommunication
Paul's Boutique

Trifecta of awesome right there.

Edit: yeah JB, radiohead seem to be missing Greenwood freak outs of late.

jimbor

Banned
Kid A shite with the beeps and boops, why won't johnny just pick up his guitar again, amiriteIt's a good tune for sure but humping to the unborn chicken voices in Thom's head is just not on the level. Losing your virginity to "All around the world" is hilarious though.

Fuck You Yankee Blue Jean

SmokyDave

Hail to the Thief.
OK Computer.
The Bends.
Kid A.
The King of Limbs.
In Rainbows.
Amnesiac.
Pablo Honey.

Although to be fair, I only really loved the top 3. The rest range from 'eh, I guess' to 'ugh, please make another OK Computer :('.

NinjaBoiX

Looks good Tash. The bow on the bottle is a bit Christmasy if I'm to pick fault.

Jim, In Rainbows is a glorious record. I adore it.

You smell bad.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Poster looks top notch, T.

Hail to the Thief
OK Computer
The Bends
In Rainbows
Kid A = Amnesiac
King of Limbs

Anyone can play guitar / Vegetable / Ripcord

...all the other tracks on Pablo Honey

Creep
---

I admit readily that Hail to the Thief's spot is influenced heavily by nostalgia, but it is what it is. It was my first Radiohead album. Lots of inextricable feelings attached to each track.
I think you'll find I filed it under 'The rest is wanky shite'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHS3ci9H_Uc

jimbor

Banned
Poster looks top notch, T.

Hail to the Thief
OK Computer
The Bends
In Rainbows
Kid A = Amnesiac
King of Limbs

Anyone can play guitar / Vegetable / Ripcord

...all the other tracks on Pablo Honey

Creep
---

I admit readily that Hail to the Thief's spot is influenced heavily by nostalgia, but it is what it is. It was my first Radiohead album. Lots of inextricable feelings attached to each track.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHS3ci9H_Uc

Hilarious. Your humour is up there with your musical taste.

There are an awful lot of Radiohead fans in BritGaf.

I think I listened to an album of theirs once.

I really like that Creep song though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom