• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning everyone, it's Friday!

Yesterday I was working at home for the first time ever, it went quite well apart from the odd power cut.

It seems I've missed a conversation about cock and ball trimming, I use an old beard trimmer without the guard. Anybody that knew me in real life would be crossing their legs after reading that.

SKINNER!

Banned
Gonna be in a dark theatre alongside virgin otakus watching Evangelion 3.0 followed by Perfect Blue tonight. Hoping to see at least one Ayanami pillow in the wild.

Going to see Neil Gaiman talk and read from his new book next Tuesday! Mate bought a spare ticket without actually having anyone to go with, offered it up in return for a few pints. Win for me!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Gonna be in a dark theatre alongside virgin otakus watching Evangelion 3.0 followed by Perfect Blue tonight. Hoping to see at least one Ayanami pillow in the wild.

Oooh cool, give a full report on Eva, I need to know if it's worth tracking down. Looooved 2.0.

Going to see Neil Gaiman talk and read from his new book next Tuesday! Mate bought a spare ticket without actually having anyone to go with, offered it up in return for a few pints. Win for me!

omg, suck his dick for me pls

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I'm not jealous. Nope. Not in the slightest. Not jealous at all. Not in any way, shape or form. Nuh uh. No sir.

SKINNER!

Banned
Oooh cool, give a full report on Eva, I need to know if it's worth tracking down. Looooved 2.0.

1.0 was average at best but holy shit 2.0 is when things really kick off. Really prefered 2 over 1. Plus. they did a really REALLY good job with the blu ray. Shit is so bright, colourful and crisp. I still don't understand the mass appeal (or it is even marketable) behind the show/films though or why Rei is plastered over all the merch and posters (Even pachinko machines...wut?!).

Should go see Hunter x Hunter instead of bad remakes of a bad series.

*Wikis Hunter x Hunter*

og6gyZ5.gif

Might check that out actually. Sounds intriguing.

Symphonia

Banned
I know I've been in a good mood lately but today is a slightly down day. I think its time to crawl under a duvet on the sofa and watch crap on Netflix all day.

Also, question; if you found someone you liked had two Facebook profiles and they only told you about the one, and you see something on the second that just doesn't sit right with you, and that 'something' disappears when you mention it to said person, its a cause for concern.

Right?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I know I've been in a good mood lately but today is a slightly down day. I think its time to crawl under a duvet on the sofa and watch crap on Netflix all day.

Also, question; if you found someone you liked had two Facebook profiles and they only told you about the one, and you see something on the second that just doesn't sit right with you, and that 'something' disappears when you mention it to said person, its a cause for concern.

Right?

Yeah I'd say that's a bit suss. What was the detail? Hobbies: hating non-whites? Member of EDL? :D

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
But its like everyone I fucking know is a goddamn liar. I can't take any more of this shit, man.

Yeah it does suck. For me, I have to do the equation as to effort expended / friendship value to see if it's worth it. I'll happily cut cunts right out of my life. But sometimes a cunty liar of a friend can be good company, so they're worth it. Especially if you can call them subtly on their shit to make them wiggle.

Symphonia

Banned
Yeah it does suck. For me, I have to do the equation as to effort expended / friendship value to see if it's worth it. I'll happily cut cunts right out of my life. But sometimes a cunty liar of a friend can be good company, so they're worth it. Especially if you can call them subtly on their shit to make them wiggle.
Funnily enough, she's turned this on me and says shes 'tired of this bullshit' - utter lying cunt, basically.

Funnily enough, she's turned this on me and says shes 'tired of this bullshit' - utter lying cunt, basically.

If you feel that viciously towards her I would definitely say she ain't no friend and you should cut people like that out of your life, as they only seem to give you grief and no joy.

NinjaBoiX

Cyanide, she sounds like a wrong 'un mate. Two FB profiles should've rang alarm bells from the off. Drop that crazy lady, run far away and don't look back!

In other news, I just spent an hour and a half fitting new gear to light fittings before realising it was all knackered gear that I had replaced previously. I looked in the wrong box.

What a dickhead. :/

Not much going on this weekend. Probably have a bounce into Newcastle to get this jacket I got my eye on, play some GTA, see the olds, a few beers with the lads and gym time with the three lads who go late on during the week. Going alone is fine, but Pablo is a beast, so he'll push me past "mild discomfort" where I usually give up! And it'll just generally be more enjoyable having a bit of crack and whatever.

No pain, no gain!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I am reborn.
Also: weekend is so close I can almost smell it's taint.

reborn as in born again christian? Are you gonna proselytize for us?

Also was just thinking as walking back from lunch, are you still up for that podcast idea you were kicking around? I would totes be up for that, you need to make it happen!

PS: GTA tonight maybe?

edit: lmao, MGR is free on PSN this month. This is good, it means I can give your copy back and carry on playing the hard mode. yessss

Mikeside

reborn as in born again christian? Are you gonna proselytize for us?

Also was just thinking as walking back from lunch, are you still up for that podcast idea you were kicking around? I would totes be up for that, you need to make it happen!

PS: GTA tonight maybe?

edit: lmao, MGR is free on PSN this month. This is good, it means I can give your copy back and carry on playing the hard mode. yessss

Reborn with a new(ish) username.
To be honest, I was gonna let you keep the physical copy. Enjoy it, sunshine.

I'm REALLY fuckin' up for trying a podcast. I was thinking about it just the other day. You need better quality audio to record with, though.

Which of our many podcast ideas did you wanna try? I love the "gaming on a budget" one quite a bit, but the others were great too

Whoooooooooah. Radical dude.

innit excellent? Now I don't have to awkwardly introduce myself at meets as "oh hi I'm I am Mikeside". It makes me sound like I have a genuine speech problem

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Reborn with a new(ish) username.
To be honest, I was gonna let you keep the physical copy. Enjoy it, sunshine.

I'm REALLY fuckin' up for trying a podcast. I was thinking about it just the other day. You need better quality audio to record with, though.

Which of our many podcast ideas did you wanna try? I love the "gaming on a budget" one quite a bit, but the others were great too

innit excellent? Now I don't have to awkwardly introduce myself at meets as "oh hi I'm I am Mikeside". It makes me sound like I have a genuine speech problem

Ah yes, just noticed your new moniker. Let down that you haven't found God brah. I was hoping you could tell me where he's hiding.

So yeah, podcast! Def need to find some good mics, although tbh I listen to stuff with a very wide spectrum of sound quality and it rarely bothers me. You could probably record that shit on a phone and it'd be fine! But some nice mics would rock.

I've always thought that as a UK-based non-pro podcast that you can't compete on news and the latest reviews, so it comes down to (for a gaming show) whatchabeenplaying which is fairly evergreen, news 'analysis' but only if the hosts have suitably strong opinions about the news because otherwise it's just reading GAF.

And something like a retro or gameclub feature. Personally, I adore those kinds of podcasts and would love the idea to really dig deep and have some proper arguments about classic games. We could play Pokemon for instance, that would be hilarious. I like the idea of 'having' to play an old game, and sharing thoughts with others who've done the same. It's so rare that you get to have a good talk about a game that isn't brand new, whereas the real legs of game criticism are later down the road when there is some context to pull from.

i think that if you're talking old games, then personal references and history is always quite interesting - a podcast is as much about the hosts as it is the games, and so talking about your ten year old impressions of Mario World as as interesting as talking about the game itself IMO.

Also, off topic but I've had an idea involving interviewing people about losing their virginity for the longest time. I think that would be a fascinating podcast (or even series), but obviously is a bit weird for what you were thinking.

Maybe even broaden it out from games specifically to make it about alt. culture instead so then you can talk about music and films and all that good stuff.

Bagsy being 'the cunt' on the show. If you thought my Pokerant was bad, just you people wait until you hear me really get into the flow :p

So yeah, was thinking about all this on my ten min walk earlier :)

Reknoc

it's really cool of R* to do that. Apparently they're giving you half at a time though, so it shouldn't trivialize money too much, plus when bank heists are in that sort of money should be a loose change anyway.

unrelated:

Just walked back in from my lunch break and I'm immediately called into the bosses office, naturally alarm bells ring because that can never be good. Sit down and he tells me how good I'm doing and gave me a raise.

feels good man

Mikeside

Ah yes, just noticed your new moniker. Let down that you haven't found God brah. I was hoping you could tell me where he's hiding.

So yeah, podcast! Def need to find some good mics, although tbh I listen to stuff with a very wide spectrum of sound quality and it rarely bothers me. You could probably record that shit on a phone and it'd be fine! But some nice mics would rock.

I've always thought that as a UK-based non-pro podcast that you can't compete on news and the latest reviews, so it comes down to (for a gaming show) whatchabeenplaying which is fairly evergreen, news 'analysis' but only if the hosts have suitably strong opinions about the news because otherwise it's just reading GAF.

And something like a retro or gameclub feature. Personally, I adore those kinds of podcasts and would love the idea to really dig deep and have some proper arguments about classic games. We could play Pokemon for instance, that would be hilarious. I like the idea of 'having' to play an old game, and sharing thoughts with others who've done the same. It's so rare that you get to have a good talk about a game that isn't brand new, whereas the real legs of game criticism are later down the road when there is some context to pull from.

i think that if you're talking old games, then personal references and history is always quite interesting - a podcast is as much about the hosts as it is the games, and so talking about your ten year old impressions of Mario World as as interesting as talking about the game itself IMO.

Also, off topic but I've had an idea involving interviewing people about losing their virginity for the longest time. I think that would be a fascinating podcast (or even series), but obviously is a bit weird for what you were thinking.

Maybe even broaden it out from games specifically to make it about alt. culture instead so then you can talk about music and films and all that good stuff.

Bagsy being 'the cunt' on the show. If you thought my Pokerant was bad, just you people wait until you hear me really get into the flow :p

So yeah, was thinking about all this on my ten min walk earlier :)

Let's do it - We should probably look for a 3rd person to make it nice and balanced.
The question is, do we get 3 people together in a room and record, or do we do it over a Skype session or something?

Still love the "dig through the backlog of games and find something random" pitch so long as we can wax lyrical about new stuff if we're playing it.

Some non-gaming stuff would be fun to put in too - recent media, news etc and random things like virginity-loss - why the fuck not?

Let's get a Facebook group taskforce started where we can talk about all this crap?

Reknoc

Does it get put in our online banks?

yea

also

In order to keep the current worldwide in-game economy balanced, we will be providing this GTA$ to players via two deposits of $250,000. We will announce specific dates as soon as possible, but are currently hoping to be able to make the first deposit by the end of next week (after we’ve confirmed that issues causing game progress loss have been fixed)

Mikeside

unrelated:

Just walked back in from my lunch break and I'm immediately called into the bosses office, naturally alarm bells ring because that can never be good. Sit down and he tells me how good I'm doing and gave me a raise.

feels good man

Congratulations man!
We're all pretty happy with your performance in BritGAF too, but unfortunately we don't have the budget to pay you yet (Having an internet celebrity like Chinner is costing us a fuck-ton. His fees are incredible.)

Mikeside

I want nothing more in this life than to be in a band exactly like Broken Social Scene, except still touring & recording.

MKSD, Y U NO PLAY INSTRUMENT?

Chinner

Banned
poor cyanide. doesn't store grant you like 1-2k? that must have been really dull for you, considering gta online is already pretty dull.

Reknoc

speaking of gta online, has anyone seen a freeway in the wild? really want my personal vehicle to be a freeway, but I can't find one :( not buyable as far as I can see, and I went to where the lost are but nothing there either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom