• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
BritGAF, be proud!

BZhTyNxCEAEkxn4.jpg:large

Rich!

Just bought a Dual Analog PS1 controller (not the dual shock, the one before with long handles and PS4-esque sticks) from Cash Generator for 99p.

Excellent, other than it was literally the single filthiest thing I've ever seen in my life. Caked in brown flaky shitty crap. Fucking hell.

Took an hour of scrubbing. Put it back together and now it looks fucking mint. Hooray.

Oh the joys of trying to entertain myself when unemployed. Sigh.

BritGAF, be proud!

BZhTyNxCEAEkxn4.jpg:large

Can someone translate this into dummy speak?

Just bought a Dual Analog PS1 controller (not the dual shock, the one before with long handles and PS4-esque sticks) from Cash Generator for 99p.

Excellent, other than it was literally the single filthiest thing I've ever seen in my life. Caked in brown flaky shitty crap. Fucking hell.

Took an hour of scrubbing. Put it back together and now it looks fucking mint. Hooray.

Oh the joys of trying to entertain myself when unemployed. Sigh.

How's the job hunt going?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Churchill was ordered by his doctor to drink 250ml of spirits with every meal. And half a pack of fags too I should imagine. Oh medicine, you so crazy :)

edit: Rich just spent the morning cleaning a PS1 controller, I'm going to guess 'slowly'

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
While Churchill was recovering from an accident he should be drinking a minimum of 0.25 litres of alcoholic spirits.

EDIT: Beaten.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Thanks guys.

For someone who did English A'Level I sure am stupid sometimes.

Yeah but that was like 14 years ago, I'm sure you've forgot it all by now :p Pretty much everyone over 25 has forgotten what they learned at school I think, and now we just have to rely and guile and cunning to get by.

theaface

and now we just have to rely on guile and cunning to get by.

Or bluffing, as it's otherwise known. The fascinating thing about being an adult is that it's actually never like you perceived adults as a child. You suddenly realise that no one ever really grew up, they just go through the motions of acting adult and somehow muddle through. Weirdly comforting, I find.

SKINNER!

Banned
Or bluffing, as it's otherwise known. The fascinating thing about being an adult is that it's actually never like you perceived adults as a child. You suddenly realise that no one ever really grew up, they just go through the motions of acting adult and somehow muddle through. Weirdly comforting, I find.

Furthermore, as an adult you discover that the majority of other adults have no fucking idea what they're doing half the time.

I know exactly what you mean dude. It gives me hope for the future.

I really don't feel my age, but then how is someone my age supposed to feel? When I was a kid I thought people in their 30's were responsible, boring adults. Couldn't be further from the truth.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's why I always ask a 25 year old looks like because currently our drinking laws are all based on a non quantifiable measurement. It's all an opinion and that's no good.

Not gonna lie, I had to look up "convalescence".
I always look up words to double check I'm using them correctly. Amazing how many words you use because you assume you are using them correctly but actually they mean something completely different.

Fun word I learnt the other day: boondoggle.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It's why I always ask a 25 year old looks like because currently our drinking laws are all based on a non quantifiable measurement. It's all an opinion and that's no good.

I always look up words to double check I'm using them correctly. Amazing how many words you use because you assume you are using them correctly but actually they mean something completely different.

Fun word I learnt the other day: boondoggle.

I often feel that my job is a boondoggle.

Mikeside

I'm glad it's just over 2 weeks until the next meetup - feeling pathetically down right about now. No idea why, either. Gonna try to get this weekend off so I can spend some much needed time with friends, that'll cheer me up.

SKINNER!

Banned
I'm glad it's just over 2 weeks until the next meetup - feeling pathetically down right about now. No idea why, either. Gonna try to get this weekend off so I can spend some much needed time with friends, that'll cheer me up.

You know my number...you know I'm always available...particularly between 11pm and 2am when I'm tucked into bed...and you still don't call? See, this is why the terrorists hate us.

In other words, I got my very first baseball practise session tonight! Wish my luck!

:(

You know my number...you know I'm always available...particularly between 11pm and 2am when I'm tucked into bed...and you still don't call? See, this is why the terrorists hate us.

In other words, I got my very first baseball practise session tonight! Wish my luck!

Awesome! Hope it goes well.

Toooooooone. This sums up my teenage years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCC1puOWa3k

NinjaBoiX

Aww Jed. It was obviously a joke post. Well, obvious when you know Jed I suppose!

Bah. :(

Yeah, I could use a break too, fucking assessments driving me nuts. Major imposter syndrome over here.

At least my Christmas is packed.
Crimbo meet will be kewl guys. Really looking forward to it!
I got my very first baseball practise session tonight! Wish my luck!
I'm led to believe that this is poor pitching technique dude:
PZFzW.gif

Throw more better and tings.

Good luck fella!

NinjaBoiX

Jed's ban post came across as level-headed, well-reasoned and not in the least bit inflammatory.

I don't get it.

And he's now banned right up until Crimbo. This sucks massive balls man.

Edit: no dapper, he is now a filthy lurker.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
And technically isn't Bish's post off topic. I mean it didn't add to the conversation.

Actually just saw Bish's new response and Jed's post doesn't fit in with that. Bish says he's annoyed by posts with a ""well this isn't really racism" angle" but Jed straight up says it was racist.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Aww Jed. It was obviously a joke post. Well, obvious when you know Jed I suppose!
I didn't think it was a joke post. I think he was serious when he said people shouldn't think badly of racists. But Jed has a lot of opinions I disagree with, shame he got banned for one of his more inflammatory ones right in the period leading up to Xmas.

Mikeside

I didn't think it was a joke post. I think he was serious when he said people shouldn't think badly of racists. But Jed has a lot of opinions I disagree with, shame he got banned for one of his more inflammatory ones right in the period leading up to Xmas.

That's not what he was saying though, just that there's a bit of a gap between being a racist (a vile quality in a human being) and actually being a vile human being in entirity.

I agree with him.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That's not what he was saying though, just that there's a bit of a gap between being a racist (a vile quality in a human being) and actually being a vile human being in entirety.

I agree with him.
I don't think it served a purpose in that thread except in defense of someone who was vile and racist, which is how it was interpreted by most. Just a bad position to take even if your proposition is logically sound. "Hey guys the KKK could have been really good people when they weren't lynching!"

I'd say lesson learned but we all know Jed doesn't change his mind. Maybe just pick your battles better next time, brah.

Please point out exactly where he said this. I have read the offending post and I see no such defence.

NinjaBoiX

JB, you've misinterpreted the post IMO.

I have plenty of friends who come out with racist comments. I usually pull them up on it, and often think slightly less of them, but I don't think they're vile humans.

Just poorly informed/ignorant humans.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
If I've misinterpreted the post then I guess it wasn't communicated well, since most of the people in the thread (admins included) misinterpreted it in the same way apparently.

Overall it just doesn't seem to have been something worth catching a ban for, regardless of Jed's intent IMO.

And that won't be necessary Kagari. Jed has a lot of opinions I disagree with, but I agree that it sucks he got banned for one of his more inflammatory ones right in the period leading up to Xmas. He's never been shy about voicing them and I respect him for that. He just picked the wrong time to air his 2 cents with a post that seemed to urge people to not vilify racists so much amidst other people who were defending and trivializing the whole thing.

Would be hilarious if Jedeye had jackben as his secret santa.

Also I was thinking it would have been funny if Jed hadn't gotten around to changing his avatar back and was stuck as Greenscar for a month.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Nah, we disagree about things all the time.

If anything, if he hasn't shipped it yet he still has time to include a note saying "fuck off you dirty yankee doodle cunt". Actually I wouldn't be surprised if that was the main gift before he even got banned.

Rich!

Poor.

I'm actually considering just enrolling back into university in a degree or apprenticeship to go along with my current one.

I've even considered training as an HGV driver. Problem is, if I go back into a job that isn't full time or high salary, I will end up being paid less than I'm getting on JSA, leaving me unable to pay the rent and support my daughter.

It's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom