• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Does it count as a Movember beard if I didn't stop shaving until like two weeks ago? Because fuck it I feel like I'm making good progress here.
I cheated and didn't shave for about two weeks before November. I knew it was the only way I would look like I had made any sort of progress by the end of the month and it's finally beginning to pay off. I transcended past the itchy stage last week.

Fuck no. Wait until the 7th. :lol

I cheated and didn't shave for about two weeks before November. I knew it was the only way I would look like I had made any sort of progress by the end of the month and it's finally beginning to pay off. I transcended past the itchy stage last week.

Yeah, that's cheating for sure. The only rule I know for sure is that you've gotta shave on the 31st. :p

NinjaBoiX

I can't go without shaving for more than a few days. My facial hair grows all curly and shit, it gets so itchy.

I'm now a dry shave convert, I always hated wet shaving.

2mm all over the mush, then 1mm to tidy up the sides and stuff. Quick, easy and no rash. Poific.

are we still documenting our reactions to the SS pressies?

If so, Jedeye, or anyone else who dun goofs between now and then, might need to do something convoluted

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I wonder how many people have actually shipped their stuff. I don't even remember the deadline but I sent my shit the other day with a guaranteed shipped date before the end of November.

jimbor

Banned
I can't go without shaving for more than a few days. My facial hair grows all curly and shit, it gets so itchy.

I'm now a dry shave convert, I always hated wet shaving.

2mm all over the mush, then 1mm to tidy up the sides and stuff. Quick, easy and no rash. Poific.

Yuck, proper pubeface.

NinjaBoiX

Yuck, proper pubeface.
My follicles have not been kind my friend.

Shit hair.
Then no hair.
Shit beard.

At least I'm a handsome bastard.
Jackben dirty cheater confirmed

I have a sneaky suspicion some people got their jimmies rustled on the last page.

I have a sneaky suspicion someone is easy to wind up

What you're looking at is what we call a mirror, Musha.
v5A9WDu.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This makes way more sense now. As someone whose earliest experiences on the Internet involved impersonating Wario for shits and giggles, I can appreciate this a lot.
I used to impersonate him as well, which is probably why I find this a terrible site because the characterisation is all wrong.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Dear Jim,

Can you please paint me Chris Hanson, anchor of Dateline NBC’s “To Catch a Predator”, bursting out from behind a curtain in one of those big open plan American kitchens to surprise a clearly humiliated Predator - the trophy hunting action/horror kind. The beast, sat at the breakfast bar, is wearing a Wham t-shirt as part of a misguided attempt to appear hip with the kids and is holding a helium balloon in one hand. With the other hand he is trying unsuccessfully to cover his face from the cameras as a SWAT team approaches from behind, headed up by a clearly confused Danny Glover who has come dressed only in the loveheart boxer shorts he wore in the opening scenes of Lethal Weapon 4. Gun gripped in both hands, Glover can be seen to utter his world-weary catchphrase: “I’m too old for this sh1t”.
1472085_265062946980650_1116032825_n.jpg

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
^lol

fucking wow at Jed being banned, I can't believe he got banned for that comment in the Holland thread is that shit even against the TOS?

dogejimmies.gif

SuperSah

Banned
Two weeks ago, my dad spontaneously gave my brother a brand new iPhone, bearing in mind, he's 15 with no social life, so the phone has done nothing but sat in a draw for two weeks.

I'm a student, who needs a phone, clearly and wasn't given one. All my dad said was "I'll get you one soon!" and blah blah. So I call him last night and it's the same "I'll get it soon" crap. He asked what phone I wanted, I said an S4, which he said OK to.

But I'm getting mixed messages as if he actually intends to get me a phone I so desperately need.

I am impatient.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Two weeks ago, my dad spontaneously gave my brother a brand new iPhone, bearing in mind, he's 15 with no social life, so the phone has done nothing but sat in a draw for two weeks.

I'm a student, who needs a phone, clearly and wasn't given one. All my dad said was "I'll get you one soon!" and blah blah. So I call him last night and it's the same "I'll get it soon" crap. He asked what phone I wanted, I said an S4, which he said OK to.

But I'm getting mixed messages as if he actually intends to get me a phone I so desperately need.

I am impatient.

Don't you live at home with your folks and are still doing A-levels?

SuperSah

Banned
Don't you live at home with your folks and are still doing A-levels?

I do. I'm usually out at college late and parents tend to worry sick and always complain that I have no means of communication, also arranging any time with friends is nigh impossible once I get on the bus home.

EDIT: I'm also going away to York for a college trip and have to make my own way, without a phone, it's not very wise to go like that.

Symphonia

Banned
I've got two weeks to get a replacement phone sorted out which isn't going to happen as I need a printer and I don't have a printer. Maybe if I pop up town on and use the library or something so I can get the form filled in.

Also, Jed's banned!?

tumblr_lzav1mPkT71rnhuhmo1_500.gif

f0rk

Don't know what my christmas present to myself should be. A 3DSXL with 3D Land, Pokemon and Zelda or a MtG deck. The Magic cards are more expensive lol

Symphonia

Banned
Don't know what my christmas present to myself should be. A 3DSXL with 3D Land, Pokemon and Zelda or a MtG deck. The Magic cards are more expensive lol
I'd personally go for the 3DS.

Stress is getting to me again, guys. I don't want to be all moody again. I'm looking forward to the meet but if I don't have a phone then I don't particularly want to go as I know I'll wound up getting lost and without someone to contact.

f0rk

Modern deck is it?

Yeah, those fetches man. I want to go for UWR so I don't even have to worry about Tarmogoyf / Liliana / Dark Confidant and it's still going to be at least £300.

But Zelda and 3D World are getting mad reviews so I want to see what the fuss is about. On the other hand I have a Vita I barely play so don't know if another handheld is a great idea. Why can't Nintendo hardware be as good as Sony's :(

theaface

3DS seems to be the only way to go.

I just finished Shadow of the Colossus for the first time. Deeply flawed in many respects, but at the same time I can totally understand why it gets the praise it does. A real flawed gem, for sure.

SuperSah

Banned
I'd personally go for the 3DS.

Stress is getting to me again, guys. I don't want to be all moody again. I'm looking forward to the meet but if I don't have a phone then I don't particularly want to go as I know I'll wound up getting lost and without someone to contact.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.

Just waiting to see if I really will get a phone. I can't go anywhere man. I have no way to contact people I know if I get lost or in a spot of trouble.

8bit

Knows the Score
Yeah, those fetches man. I want to go for UWR so I don't even have to worry about Tarmogoyf / Liliana / Dark Confidant and it's still going to be at least £300.

But Zelda and 3D World are getting mad reviews so I want to see what the fuss is about. On the other hand I have a Vita I barely play so don't know if another handheld is a great idea. Why can't Nintendo hardware be as good as Sony's :(

3D World is on the Wii U. 3D Land is pretty fucking great though, my favourite game of 2012 IIRC. Or maybe that was FTL.

SuperSah

Banned
Oh fuck this.

I was supposed to go to see Catching Fire on Saturday with 8 friends.

Two drop out because they don't want to go.
Two drop out because they have to go on a trip.
Two have the flu.
One is not allowed because her sister said so (lolwot?)
Last one was a "maybe".

So frustrated.

Symphonia

Banned

Just waiting to see if I really will get a phone. I can't go anywhere man. I have no way to contact people I know if I get lost or in a spot of trouble.
Well, I've got two weeks to send the insurance form off and get the phone delivered by O2. I highly doubt that will happen, though.

Wizards should really say 'fuck the resellers' and do a Modern Masters release on alternative years with core sets. But they won't.

I'm going to go with 3DS myself. My black one is pretty sexy as far as Nintendo hardware goes. Vita next year for me.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister

This is where I really don't understand you kids.

I was out and about and phoneless (partly because they hadn't been invented yet) from the age of 5 when I walked to school on my own. Only equipment I had, from about age 12, was a watch so I knew when I was meant to be home - otherwise freedom.. And you chaps can't go to London without an iPhone?

Heck, you can get a street map of London for pennies these days, and if you really need a phone then you can pick up a PAYG for about £15.

I can't see a problem here.

(old guy goes Harrumph, kids these days, etc etc blah blah)

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I just don't like the idea of walking round London without a clue where to go.

Sue me.

I won't do that. But I'm kind of tempted to post you a pocket-sized A-Z streetmap!

It's not that hard (though to be fair London is a whole load harder than, say Paris or Hamburg to navigate around).

SuperSah

Banned
This is where I really don't understand you kids.

I was out and about and phoneless (partly because they hadn't been invented yet) from the age of 5 when I walked to school on my own. Only equipment I had, from about age 12, was a watch so I knew when I was meant to be home - otherwise freedom.. And you chaps can't go to London without an iPhone?

Heck, you can get a street map of London for pennies these days, and if you really need a phone then you can pick up a PAYG for about £15.

I can't see a problem here.

(old guy goes Harrumph, kids these days, etc etc blah blah)

No, it's not that. It's the fact that my parents are constantly banning me from going out because I lack any communication. I'm also not from London, I've been here for like 5 months, I know almost nothing. If I was to go somewhere, it'd be utterly blind, which gives them even more reason to forbid me to go out, unless it's on a rare occasion where I have to sponge off my friend's phones.

It's pretty impacting on my social life if I'm not allowed to go anywhere. I've tried to get a job to pay for one, but can only do part-time at my dad's like once a month which is useless. I don't even get £10 a month allowance to by myself a cheap PAYG phone, otherwise I would. :v

My main point is that I was promised a phone and I'm just waiting for it. :p

If you understood my dad's mentality, you might understand some more.

8bit

Knows the Score
I won't do that. But I'm kind of tempted to post you a pocket-sized A-Z streetmap!

It's not that hard (though to be fair London is a whole load harder than, say Paris or Hamburg to navigate around).

I've always thought London to be quite straightforward, last time I was there I was wandering unknown backstreets with a Brazilian friend with no real purpose other than finding another pub.

First time I was in London was with the Cub Scouts, I was probably about 8 or 9. We were in the minivan and the leaders were driving around Soho with 15 or so young boys in Cub Scout uniforms. I'm sure we would have been responsible for many furtive erections from dirty glances that night.

jimbor

Banned
Um, why would you guys fretting about London not research where you've got to go first? You know the meet is at Big Red, head to fucking Big Red.

Go to Holloway Road tube station. Do a left and keep walking until you come to big red. Less than ten minute walk from the station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom