• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. Gravity. Amazing. Really great film. I was so tense for most of it, the suspense is handled brilliantly. Also it's beautifully shot, there are some really iconic scenes. And the soundtrack just held the whole thing together effortlessly.

Hunger Games was equally brilliant, if for completely different reasons. Despite being quite long it was well paced. It stayed very close to the book, with only minor irrelevant parts left out. The casting as with the first film was excellent, and all the actors did a terrific job of capturing the characters.

Very good day so far, now to go home and not watch Dr Who.

Oh and on the subject of changing as you get older, I haven't. Last time I was in Wales I saw a girl I'd been in a pantomime with at the age of 14. She recognised me straight away, and said I looked exactly the same (if slightly older).

So. Gravity. Amazing. Really great film. I was so tense for most of it, the suspense is handled brilliantly. Also it's beautifully shot, there are some really iconic scenes. And the soundtrack just held the whole thing together effortlessly.

Hunger Games was equally brilliant, if for completely different reasons. Despite being quite long it was well paced. It stayed very close to the book, with only minor irrelevant parts left out. The casting as with the first film was excellent, and all the actors did a terrific job of capturing the characters.

Very good day so far, now to go home and not watch Dr Who.

Oh and on the subject of changing as you get older, I haven't. Last time I was in Wales I saw a girl I'd been in a pantomime with at the age of 14. She recognised me straight away, and said I looked exactly the same (if slightly older).

I really enjoyed gravity - have not seen the hunger games but really want to!

What do you do in Cardiff Musha? I have moved to the South West recently and its quite nice here but I do miss London!

I really enjoyed gravity - have not seen the hunger games but really want to!

What do you do in Cardiff Musha? I have moved to the South West recently and its quite nice here but I do miss London!

I wouldn't know bobs, haven't been out in Cardiff in about 8 years! runlikehell is the guy to ask.

siddhu33

God damn, Cards Against Humanity is a great game. Just played it for the first time with my girlfriend and her brother and sister-in-law. Then they invited their conservative parents to play...

It was awkward and hilarious.

I've heard it makes for a pretty good drinking game as well...

Jordan

Fair enough, knowing my luck I'll be fast asleep before 22:45.

If tickets were reasonable, I would travel and go to watch the fights. I just don't see how even when they're like the shitter fights that the tickets are still overpriced. When you are far away and you can't see much? Sure the atmosphere will be incredible, but to pay to watch it on tele? Nah, fuck that shit.

If tickets were reasonable, I would travel and go to watch the fights. I just don't see how even when they're like the shitter fights that the tickets are still overpriced. When you are far away and you can't see much? Sure the atmosphere will be incredible, but to pay to watch it on tele? Nah, fuck that shit.

I totally understand where you are coming from but because there's no way in hell I'd go to see it in Manchester I have chose the next best option.

Jordan

I totally understand where you are coming from but because there's no way in hell I'd go to see it in Manchester I have chose the next best option.

You watching it now? Who do you reckon will win Crolla or Foster?

I can't believe how little they weigh, I weigh more than this guy :(

Hope you have fun!

Cheers fella, I'm sure it'll be ace. I saw them a few years ago in Brixton on the Doolittle tour and it was a good gig.

Only problem is with it being a Sunday night. My train's only going to get back to Bristol in the wee hours, so that's going to be a fun Monday morning at work. Getting too old for this...

f0rk

What are peoples opinions on the blue or red 3DS XLs? Game has them for the same price as amazon and the games aren't that much more either so I'm seriously considering picking one up tomorrow. Even though I bought Tearaway today

Jordan

So, random question...

The only rule of dreaming is that the people in it are real people you've seen? Is it possible to mix two people's faces to make another person or is that impossible?

So, random question...

The only rule of dreaming is that the people in it are real people you've seen? Is it possible to mix two people's faces to make another person or is that impossible?

Are you talking about Inception? Or like, real dreams?

Edit: Just realised I don't know the answer either way, so that was a pointless question.

So, random question...

No, there are no rules. You can dream about absolutely anything, including people you've never seen before, or merging two people you have

Hystzen

If you don't really like horror films or get scared easily, no.

Otherwise, definitely.

It's just been added to Sky Movies

How much screen time does Nikolaj coster have or as most people know him as the true hero of GOT Jaime Lannister. It been on radar to watch but I tend to find horror films dull but Mama sounded interesting from what heard.

Plus I am the only one who reads word Mama and start singing the Phil Collins/Genesis song Mama

How much screen time does Nikolaj coster have or as most people know him as the true hero of GOT Jaime Lannister. It been on radar to watch but I tend to find horror films dull but Mama sounded interesting from what heard.

Plus I am the only one who reads word Mama and start singing the Phil Collins/Genesis song Mama

He's in it a fair bit. When I first saw it in the cinema I hadn't watched GoT so I had no idea who he was. When we stuck it on just now I was like, fuck it's Jamie!

As recent horror films go I think it's pretty good.

Jordan

No, there are no rules. You can dream about absolutely anything, including people you've never seen before, or merging two people you have

Bah, there's no hope for my dream to come true then :(

Edit: Fucking ridiculous stoppage, that fight should never have been stopped. Froch praising himself like he deserved it? Bullshit, the guy got ruined.

The UK version of the walmart food coupon-gate:

1476353_602984119739150_364145361_n.jpg

...she opened the till and gave me 32p with a confused look on her face haha. The way waitr0se (and other places?) tills work is if something's reduced AND in a 3 for 2 or BOGOF deal then it takes the pre reduction price off the total, leaving you paying minus money for some items."

Symphonia

Banned
Were you there for that ASDA offer? Basically a code got posted on HotUKDeals or something that entitled anyone who spends over £30 to get £30 off their shopping. This was obviously a mistake but ASDA had to honour it. Cue people buying £30.01 worth of groceries. It was madness.

Lirlond

That doesn't work in Tesco. Anything that's reduced is no longer eligible for multibuys.

Used to be though. Start of the year people were buying reduced meat that was 3 for £11 and getting £5 back. Crazy shit.

Pfft, it's never too early for Christmas avatars.

I beg to differ.

June, for example, would be too early.

September would also be too early.

Forum etiquette is usually that holiday avatars start from the beginning of the month that holiday is in. Therefore 1st December is an acceptable time to start using Christmas avatars.

Mikeside

So I watched Hunger Games last night (Really good, but I wish they played down the whole Twilight "I don't know what boy to choose" aspect. I guess I knew they wouldn't) then got baaaked and had vivid, fucked up dreams about an ex.

Today it going to be a weird day.

How're your weekends going, GAF?

So I watched Hunger Games last night (Really good, but I wish they played down the whole Twilight "I don't know what boy to choose" aspect. I guess I knew they wouldn't) then got baaaked and had vivid, fucked up dreams about an ex.

Today it going to be a weird day.

How're your weekends going, GAF?

My weekend has consisted of sitting around in my boxers getting drunk, playing games and watching sport so it's going pretty well.

f0rk

I can't decide whether I should go out and buy a 3DS ahhhhhh

Does the XL come with a charger? I'm remembering something about some of them not having one cos they thought everyone everybody has a DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom