• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Noticed it's been a few months since I last plugged Love Exposure on GAF.

Modern masterpiece etc. Watch it.

Don't spoil youself or anything either, just get yourself in the mood and set aside 4 hours with no interruptions.

SmokyDave

Holy shit.

I just read back through your posts and it totally makes sense, don't know why I didn't see it before!

Please please please please please stay and hang out in here, I'm not a very girly girl either but sometimes it just turns into an absolute sausage fest! We've had the odd girl pop in but they always leave in the end. At this point I'd even have Sadetar back.

We really need more girls in here to balance things out. Please stay. Please.

Was that a little too desperate?

Gimme 13 years and I'll sign the lil 'un up.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Finland I believe. You guys had to scare her off the only Scandinavian user before I even got a chance to speak to her.

eCDnj.gif

'sup

asl?

OLD (WELL, 32 YEARS OLD)

MARRIED (WELL, CIVIL PARTNERED)

LESBIAN (WELL, MOSTLY.)

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So how are we planning to tack down the filthy hobbit thieves on secret Santa who signed up to get a gift but didn't send anything in return?

Symphonia

Banned
So how are we planning to tack down the filthy hobbit thieves on secret Santa who signed up to get a gift but didn't send anything in return?
If/when my gift is delivered, I'll be more than happy to return it. I don't feel comfortable getting a gift but not being able to send one - at least until after Christmas.

SKINNER!

Banned

Oh yeah, forgot about that. In that case, you guys had to scare off the WRONG Scandinavian before I got the chance to talk :/

I kid brah

OLD (WELL, 32 YEARS OLD)

MARRIED (WELL, CIVIL PARTNERED)

LESBIAN (WELL, MOSTLY.)

aww shucks...back to the drawing board. Come back Sadetar!! All is forgiven!!

Be sure to stay and poke fun at our problems that we post from time to time sploatee :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Knowing BritGAF some have just been lazy sending it out on time so I say we give till maybe 15th January before sending the mob. Post can be slow after all during this time but all postal problems should be clear by then.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Holy shit.

I just read back through your posts and it totally makes sense, don't know why I didn't see it before!

Please please please please please stay and hang out in here, I'm not a very girly girl either but sometimes it just turns into an absolute sausage fest! We've had the odd girl pop in but they always leave in the end. At this point I'd even have Sadetar back.

We really need more girls in here to balance things out. Please stay. Please.

Was that a little too desperate?

Hello! I see what you mean about a sausage fest. Jesus, guys. (If I could put in a smiley face there, I would. I don't know how. )

I won't be going anywhere! Apart from self-imposed exile every so often when I get a bit neurotic and freak out. (Again, smiley face. )

If/when my gift is delivered, I'll be more than happy to return it. I don't feel comfortable getting a gift but not being able to send one - at least until after Christmas.

So you haven't sent your Secret Santa gift yet? Why would you sign up to do a SS if you're not able to send a gift?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
BGBW as Gandalf, the voice of reason. Pitchfork and torches stowed away...for now.

That sucks Cyanide but isn't completely unexpected. If you're my SS the best gift you could give will be to just work on improving yourself and being less of a wambulance.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Am I the only one who feels there's often an undercurrent of barely-repressed anger that pervades much of BritGAF? I bet the meets are passive-aggressive as fuck lol.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It's true. I myself am barely repressing my capitalistic fever that urges me to strangle non-conformists.

Because, believe it or not, at the time of signing up I thought I was going to be able to send one. I don't need yet another lecture on what a fuck up I am, OK?

Didn't lecture, asked a question. Stop being immediately defensive.

Were you going to mention that you wouldn't be getting a gift for your SS before Xmas? People understand if things are tight but the decent thing would be to let them know so they aren't sat there waiting for something to show up that never will.

PM me your SS and their address and I'll sort it out. Don't want anyone going without.

If anyone else involved in the SS has no intention of posting a gift before Xmas please also pm me with your SS's details.

Son Of D

I'm usually a mellow, chill person. Only times I really get paranoid are rather when I'm in a large crowd and people are right up to me or walking by a set of stairs in a specific car park. But I don't have reason to go near that car park these days. Both are actually linked to the same thing as well.

Late to this topic I know but I don't care. :p

NinjaBoiX

Because, believe it or not, at the time of signing up I thought I was going to be able to send one. I don't need yet another lecture on what a fuck up I am, OK?
Ten squid? You couldn't muster up ten squid?

That really is a dire financial situation dude, holy shit.
CHEEZMO™;93883095 said:
Am I the only one who feels there's often an undercurrent of barely-repressed anger that pervades much of BritGAF? I bet the meets are passive-agressive as fuck lol.
A lot of it is well meaning banter, but yeah, there is some genuine bad blood between a few people on here IMO!

Symphonia

Banned
Didn't lecture, asked a question. Stop being immediately defensive.
But it was heading in that direction, it always does. Not necessarily with you, but with everyone in general. It does my head in. I know I'm fucking my life up big time, bit by bit, I don't need to be reminded of it on a daily basis.

jimbor

Banned
But it was heading in that direction, it always does. Not necessarily with you, but with everyone in general. It does my head in. I know I'm fucking my life up big time, bit by bit, I don't need to be reminded of it on a daily basis.

Are you a Seinfeld fan? Even if not, watch The Opposite episode, I genuinely think it might help.

NinjaBoiX

Dude, stop being such a willing victim all the time man!

You agreed to something, which you can no longer provide, yet didn't think to inform the relevant parties. That's poor form fella, regardless of the context.

But it's alright, Britmum will pull you out of the shit.

Bless ya Mush!

A lot of it is well meaning banter, but yeah, there is some genuine bad blood between a few people on here IMO!

To be honest, I only harbour broiling, seething hatred for a couple of people here, no biggy.

The one person who seems most scathing and abusive towards Cyanide Strike is Cyandide Strike

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

Oh no you don't sir, you will send a gift, you can afford ten pounds and you know it, sell something if you have to, If I, a person who is on (with my now reduced hours) £80 a week, can afford it whilst also saving to go to that London meet and another shindig this week you sure as shit can put aside ten pounds you might spend on booze or videogames, don't play the victim, returning your present does jack shit for the person who ain't getting a gift, god damn mang, I know you might be suffering at the minute but LIFE GOES ON, it isn't like when you're in school and can get your ma' to ring up to call in sick and then nothing matters, you're a grown ass man who made commitments, you'll stick to them because that's what people do!

I'm not trying to cop here, you're a nice fella, just change the record man! A guy I work with introduces himself before he even know their name with his sopstory about being kicked out when young and had to grow up real fast and had battles with drugs and other demons, simple fact is, these things don't make people like you, it might make them feel a bit sorry for you, then they just won't talk to you again because it's just fucking depressing, we're an accepting bunch in here and we may bite when we get bored with this shit but we've cut you a lot of slack on your rantings and now it's your turn.

Deep down that sympathy you might desire gets you jack shit in life, take responsibilities for your actions and learn from it, this is constructive criticism and if you take it on board you might just do well in life and keep a cool bunch of friends in here happy

NinjaBoiX

Word to the bird Tash.

Enough fishing for sympathy Cyanide, grab a hold of your nutsack and go buy a gift. It's £10 man, I simply don't believe you're that skint.

Also, this "woe is me" act got old about a week after it started. Nobody likes a crybaby.
I hate that guy, he is absolutely awful. He tries to be chummy and 'one of the lads' but he is just an unlikeable tosser.
Huh? He seems like a really nice dude, and I've seen nothing to suggest it's all an act.

I really like his show, and his food looks incredible. That Turkey roll? Lord have mercy...

8bit

Knows the Score
Word to the bird Tash.

Enough fishing for sympathy Cyanide, grab a hold of your nutsack and go buy a gift. It's £10 man, I simply don't believe you're that skint.

Also, this "woe is me" act got old about a week after it started. Nobody likes a crybaby.

Huh? He seems like a really nice dude, and I've seen nothing to suggest it's all an act.

I really like his show, and his food looks incredible. That Turkey roll? Lord have mercy...

His food is great, we stayed at the Hand & Flowers a couple of years ago en route to the Fat Duck.

Word to the bird Tash.

Now he's out of the cockney veg market again its like he's a different person. I'm torn. Awesome food though.

Mikeside

Cyanide you know I've pretty much had your back since day dot but it's REALLY not cool that you're not sending anything and that it took somebody complaining for you to even tell us. Could've ruined somebody's SS dude.

Even less cool that you're using people being annoyed about it to get defensive. Accept you fucked up, apologise and move on. No sympathy on this one

Rubbish King

Cyanide you know I've pretty much had your back since day dot but it's REALLY not cool that you're not sending anything and that it took somebody complaining for you to even tell us. Could've ruined somebody's SS dude.

Even less cool that you're using people being annoyed about it to get defensive. Accept you fucked up, apologise and move on. No sympathy on this one

Now now mike, he's had his lashings, I called him earlier and a very nice person is helping him out with his situation so let's move forward from this and talk about what I want to do to the barmaid who I work with

Now now mike, he's had his lashings, I called him earlier and a very nice person is helping him out with his situation so let's move forward from this and talk about what I want to do to the barmaid who I work with

When you say helping him out with his situation, do you mean in general or specifically the SS, and do I still need to get a present?

Or wait, is the nice person you're talking about me?

I'm so confused.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Don't answer that Tash, there are more pressing questions that demand answering.

What do you want to do with the barmaid who you work with?

They've already fucked it up by changing the protagonist to Wolverine though

Yes!

It's not that, it's just supposed to be Kitty Pryde. We had a real good chance to get a strong female led comic book film, and they just change it. Grrrrrrr.

YES! 100% correct. <3 Kitty Pryde, pretty easily my favourite of the X-Men.

But yeah Man of Steel was good. I think I'm finally learning to stop going "BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!" When I watch comic book films. This is a big step for me.

I thought it was pretty good until Clark puts on the suit. Then it's just a loud, noisy mess. I can't forgive
Superman killing Zod
either, especially because it'll be papered over in World's Finest and the repercussions of such a thing were handled so well in a goddamn video game (Injustice, BTW).

So what is everybody's family choice of Christmas movie to watch?

My family doesn't really watch movies. We're all going to my sisters' this year, so we might watch a bit of something the kids get from Santa, probably Wreck-It Ralph or something like that. The closest thing for me will be the annual showing of the Father Ted Christmas Special on Christmas Eve, then the Doctor Who special on the day itself.

Rubbish King

Don't answer that Tash, there are more pressing questions that demand answering.

What do you want to do with the barmaid who you work with?

I want to play her tits like bongos, throw her up in the air making her do a backflip and then have her land on my erect penis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom