• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich!

I use the Hola Android app to watch US Netflix on my phone. US Netflix in bed prevents me from getting any sleep.

Oh and just to let you know ladies and gents, mediahint add-on also enables other US-only video websites like Hulu and the south park studios website. Uncensored new south park episodes ftw.

Yep! It'll be perfect for when 24 comes back in May!

jimbor

Banned
I use the Hola Android app to watch US Netflix on my phone. US Netflix in bed prevents me from getting any sleep.

Oh and just to let you know ladies and gents, mediahint add-on also enables other US-only video websites like Hulu and the south park studios website. Uncensored new south park episodes ftw.

I love you.

NinjaBoiX

Anyone using UK netflix needs to do themselves a favour and install mediahint (it's a free firefox extension that enables the USA netflix).

Do it and you'll be stunned. Our selection here is shit.

I've tried doing this but it didn't work :(
Musha, just do it on your PS3. All you need is a US DNS. Here's the steps:

Settings > Network > Internet > Custom > (obvious steps) > Automatic IP addess > Don't set DCHP > manual DNS (the important bit)

Then just input these:

2aSRn69.jpg

Then:

Auto MTU > no to proxy server > enable UPnP > save

Boom, US Netflix. Then if you want to switch back to UK Netflix, just find your network automatically instead of manually, it'll revert the DNS settings back to UK for you.

Plus, the PS3 will save all your manual info so you don't need to keep putting in all the numbers and stuff when you want to switch back and forth.

Symphonia

Banned
Cyanide you know I've pretty much had your back since day dot but it's REALLY not cool that you're not sending anything and that it took somebody complaining for you to even tell us. Could've ruined somebody's SS dude.

Even less cool that you're using people being annoyed about it to get defensive. Accept you fucked up, apologise and move on. No sympathy on this one
I never once denied I fucked up so I have no where that came from but okay, whatever.

Son Of D

Settings > Network > Internet > Custom > (obvious steps) > Automatic IP addess > Don't set DCHP > manual DNS (the important bit)

Then just input these:

2aSRn69.jpg

Then:

Boom, US Netflix. Then if you want to switch back to UK Netflix, just find your network automatically instead of manually, it'll revert the DNS settings back to UK for you.

I presume you can use the same settings for other consoles right?

Then just input these:

2aSRn69.jpg

Then:

Plus, the PS3 will save all your manual info so you don't need to keep putting in all the numbers and stuff when you want to switch back and forth.

Tried this, didn't work.

Tried getting US Netflix on ps3, iPhone, iPad, pc. Nothing worked.

SuperSah

Banned
Help me GAF.

I always end the day with arouns 40-50% battery on my Note 3 which is good enough for a day 2 run, but my OCD always ends up in me charging it when it doesn't exactly need it. What does one do to cure such OCD?

jimbor

Banned
Help me GAF.

I always end the day with arouns 40-50% battery on my Note 3 which is good enough for a day 2 run, but my OCD always ends up in me charging it when it doesn't exactly need it. What does one do to cure such OCD?

Have you got a new phone?

Symphonia

Banned
Still didn't apologise or move on though.
That's funny because looking back through the last page or so, I wasn't the on who had the last comment. Infact it went on for several posts about how you all see me so don't tell me I wasn't the one not moving on when it was you lot dragging it on.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
So on the way home from Harvester, me, my friend and one of his other friends came up with a bunch of alternate names for Benedict Cumberbatch:

Boondocks Cretaceousbeans
Bramstokers Castlevania
Blizzardforge Crabco-pilot
Blunderbuss Cucumberchimp

...it probably only makes sense to me and my friends but SHUT UP ALRIGHT?

Rocky Horror sundae is a great way to end the evening.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ok. Fnuz this shiznit. I'm done. Thank you all BritGAF for helping me through a very difficult day. Great big tired caffeinated and hungry hugs and joy to you all.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Anyone using UK netflix needs to do themselves a favour and install mediahint (it's a free firefox extension that enables the USA netflix).

Do it and you'll be stunned. Our selection here is shit.

No you don't you want HOLA, gives you a list of countries, I'm on brazil atm but canada is fucking spoilt for choice

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Lol at Screaming meats granny gag, and daps, they saw you coming mate. Wrap a strap to your bongos and go do some freestyle carol singing yourself, seems pretty lucrative around your way.

Sploatee seems like loads of fun.

Edit:

Haha, see?

2nJ3GR0.jpg

is that john mayer?!

jimbor

Banned

Then just input these:

2aSRn69.jpg

Then:

This worked perfectly for me, cheers mane.

8bit

Knows the Score
Oh yeah, I set up overplay-net which supposedly allows switching netflix locales but I haven't looked at netflix us quite yet (mostly happy to get 4OD & iplayer working on the PS3).

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So on the way home from Harvester, me, my friend and one of his other friends came up with a bunch of alternate names for Benedict Cumberbatch:

Boondocks Cretaceousbeans
Bramstokers Castlevania
Blizzardforge Crabco-pilot
Blunderbuss Cucumberchimp

...it probably only makes sense to me and my friends but SHUT UP ALRIGHT?
This and Jimbor trolling Super Sah made my night.
Assholes. :p
We all love you, really. Except the bunny, he's got it out for you ever since you tipped Big Pete off about that Polish scam.

And for battery tips, try a lower brightness setting or just get over the OCD and let 40% rein. It's only an approximation after all. I know at least on my iPhone 5 it's able to stay at 1% for a crazy long amount or time.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Sploatee, what is a hungry hug? Do you just slurp someone up whole when you embrace, like in a Monty Python animation?

Help me GAF.

Have you got a new phone?

Yup, a Galaxy Note 3.

I'm surprised you hadn't mentioned it before as that's an awesome phone!!!

Oh no, I have mentioned it a fair bit actually, but maybe you wasn't about at the time. :)

It's a brilliant device for sure!

Hahaha!

I just choked on my cornflakes.

I stated I was sorry that I wouldn't be able to do the SS and that I will be returning the gift - though my SS has messaged me on the website telling me not to. Good to see you're still dragging it on though.

If/when my gift is delivered, I'll be more than happy to return it. I don't feel comfortable getting a gift but not being able to send one - at least until after Christmas.

Where exactly do you say sorry?

NinjaBoiX

Mikeside, I didn't check out your latest submission in our collaborative and exploratory musical odyssey yet, but I did see more Daughter. Nice.

How much do you hate hippety-hop-hop? There is some really nice stuff I want to put you on to, but it's pointless if you can't stand that noise!
is that john mayer?!
Never let it be said that I don't know my audience buddy.

tumblr_lfpk3bK8Pf1qc650d.gif

So you're seeing her in a few weeks eh? That's a turn up for the books!
This worked perfectly for me, cheers mane.
Sweet. Yeah, I've been using UK Netflix for months, there is some great stuff just been added to the US one, I haven't checked it in ages. I'm going to gorge myself on boxsets over Crimbo.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have to remember to cancel the Love Film at the end of this month.

I guess it was useful for watching some Batman related cartoons and er... that's it really.

SKINNER!

Banned
How much do you hate hippety-hop-hop? There is some really nice stuff I want to put you on to, but it's pointless if you can't stand that noise!

He enjoyed Deltron 3030. I have yet to recommend anything else as I felt I might've set the bar up far too high. Was going to slowly ease him into the golden era between the mid 80s and early 90s but never got round to it. Perhaps some Eric B & Rakim, Pete Rock, Beastie Boys, (Pre-Death Row Records) Tupac Shakur, Nas, PE etc. Maybe add some mid 2000 chi-town rap (early Kanye, Mos Def, early Lupe). Mostly steered away from traditional 'gangsta' rap though although I'd find it so hilarious if Mike ended up enjoying some Geto Boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom