• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
Bit late to the hip hop recs

Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star and Mecca and the Soul Brother are a must.

I'll always toot People Under The Stairs' horn as well, but they're mostly fun/party hip hop. They have some seriously deep cuts though. Out on the porch...

Aww yes! That was great! Need to get into more Power under the Stairs.

OH and to my SS, you really REALLY shouldn't have haha. I didn't even see it coming! Wanna open it so badly now X(

3tHW0IA.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That looks awesome shorty. 1st a tag and now this. Leave some Christmas miracles for the rest of us why don't ya!

SKINNER!

Banned
That looks awesome shorty. 1st a tag and now this. Leave some Christmas miracles for the rest of us why don't ya!

Aww my bad! I didn't mean to rub it in man. I really hope my SS got his/her xmas gift anyway considering how much effort they've put.

Also shorty, your tag is amazingly good. Did you win it or what?

As Jackben said, I think it's my SS as the tag appeared on the same day as the gift deadline back on the 6th.

Son Of D

I'm actually looking forward to taking part in next years Secret Santa. I really like giving gifts so giving a gift to someone I may not know so well will be a nice challenge for me.

On the subject of gifts, how is everyone here doing in regards to their Christmas shopping? I'm surprised at myself this year for how on-the-ball I've been. I've had everything done by the end of November (with the exception of cards, of which the last one to give will be given later this week). Usually there's at least 1 or 2 presents that I haven't got by now.

Got all the Christmas shopping done in one go last Monday, with the exception of GAF Secret Santa (will do BritGAF one for definite next year, just didn't want someone to get murdered with shipping to Ireland) which was ordered today and should (hopefully) arrive on Friday.

Quite pleased with it this year. Came to around €350 altogether but I'm not fussed if I think the person will genuinely like their gift. Happy with most of the choices, my male relatives are tough to buy for apart from my Dad, who usually just wants a nice pen or a sports book and some vouchers for the bookies.

Couldn't stretch to an Xbox One game for the nephews though (Santa is bringing them the console, along with LEGO Marvel Super Heroes and FIFA 14). I just can't justify €70 for any game. I've been saving less than that for the Steam sale and expect to get 10 games for my money there.

I'm actually looking forward to taking part in next years Secret Santa. I really like giving gifts so giving a gift to someone I may not know so well will be a nice challenge for me.

On the subject of gifts, how is everyone here doing in regards to their Christmas shopping? I'm surprised at myself this year for how on-the-ball I've been. I've had everything done by the end of November (with the exception of cards, of which the last one to give will be given later this week). Usually there's at least 1 or 2 presents that I haven't got by now.

I did most of mine in November, picked up the last couple on Saturday. Just need to get some photos printed and put in frames.

I think I spent about £450, but £350 of that was on Andy.

Symphonia

Banned
As a rule of thumb, I avoid shopping centres at Christmas as you just know they're going to be rammed. I made the mistake of going to Merry Hill last year on Christmas Ever.

Never again.

Mikeside

This year is the latest I've ever left xmas. I'm getting most of it this weekend. Everything should be fairly easy to find and buy though.

Son Of D

As a rule of thumb, I avoid shopping centres at Christmas as you just know they're going to be rammed. I made the mistake of going to Merry Hill last year on Christmas Ever.

Never again.

I hate doing that. I try my best to avoid Exeter City Centre during this time of year since it gets incredibly crowded. And I also purposefully delay getting the train home until there's a train that goes straight from St. Davids to Dawlish, because fuck getting on the regular trains that stop at the other stops in between.

Rich!

Slowly recovering - almost drowned earlier tonight.

Long story short, I decided to get out of the house during an argument and walked down to the local heath (in the dark). Ended up falling into a lake after slipping off an enbankment.

I'm still freezing.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Slowly recovering - almost drowned earlier tonight.

Long story short, I decided to get out of the house during an argument and walked down to the local heath (in the dark). Ended up falling into a lake after slipping off an enbankment.

I'm still freezing.
Do you not know how to swim or were you drunk?

Rich!

I'm alright! I was just shaken. My parents were round here because my girlfriend called on them to come find me - I was out in horrendous weather and I didn't have anything on me.

I got utterly lost. I ended up taking the wrong turn, fell down a steep enbankment and fell into a pretty deep lake. I struggled to get out because my legs were sinking into the muddy floor. I just went into a state of shock and panic.

Got home to find my parents were there (girlfriend wasn't, she walked out on me earlier taking my daughter with her due to an argument we had). My parents had to kinda sort me out as I was utterly delerious. They then went and got me chips, and made sure I had a bath.

I have a fucked up, weird life.

Rich!

I just can't believe my girlfriend walked out. I was admittedly very, very angry with her today - I've had to sell my car to pay off our bills and rent, and as such we only have one - hers. She's refused to let me use it to drive to my new work, as she wants freedom to go places during the day. My argument is that she's not only using double the amount of petrol to give me lifts to work and back, but she can easily get a bus to get places, and it's unfair on our daughter to keep dragging her out. I am the one earning, me getting to my work on time is the priority, not her being able to go shopping with mates during the day.

Today, she lost her keys, and I ended up late for work at my new job. Absolutely furious. Basically turned into a full argument when I got home, and I told her some truths she didn't want to hear (I have to clean up after her, pick up her rubbish, flush the toilet after her, I repeatedly BEG her to be more responsible with our house and she fails), and she ended up refusing to listen and walked out with my daughter.

fucksake.

To make it worse, this really hot girl at work is getting veeeeery friendly with me. I'm not in love with my girlfriend anymore (just staying together for the baby really...). It's fucked up. arhgghhghghghg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yeah at least you're not dead. Plus you got free chips and maybe one step closer to getting rid of your annoying girlfriend. Sounds like you ended the night in the positive.

In the future don't ever sell your assets unless you absolutely have to. Should have sold her car since you're the breadwinner. Don't ever give up your power like that again.

NinjaBoiX

Jesus Rich, sounds like a rough night. And all the agro with the missus too? What a nightmare.

Keep on keepin' on buddy.
I have to clean up after her, pick up her rubbish, flush the toilet after her, I repeatedly BEG her to be more responsible with our house and she fails.
Dealbreaker right there.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Jeez, richisawesome. What a crummy way to start Christmas. You too CyanideStrike. Here's hoping things get better soon and good cheer comes around again! I'd share my remaining Christmas crackers with you if you were near. This big box of Maltesers, too.

On a somewhat related note, Christmas cracker jokes really are the worst. Tonight's best example (at our quote-unquote work do, which is funny since there's only three of us):

"What did the snowman say to the other snowman?"

"
Can you smell carrots?
"

I swear those joke writers must really have hit rock bottom at that point, or are permanently locked in rooms with the Dad's Army/Last of the Summer Wine archives on repeat.

Lirlond

Almost died walking home. Howling gales outside. Proper bad. Large sign above a disability vehicle shop; it gets blown off, lands 5 feet in front of me. I had stopped to check my phone, if I hadn't I would've been under that sign. Fucking terrifying.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The elements are attempting to kill us off one by one.

Rich by water.

Lirlond by wind.

Mike will have his eyebrows singed off in a crazy electrical fire this afternoon.

Musha will fall into a trap of quicksand.

NinjaBoiX

Happy Birthday jimbor.

And:

DyspcA9.jpg

Can't you crazy kids behave?!?

Also, I watched Paranormal Activity 3 last night, I actually thought it was fairly decent and genuinely pretty spooky. The ending was a bit lame, but eh.

Happy birthday jimbor, see you in a couple of weeks when the ban is up.

I just can't believe my girlfriend walked out. I was admittedly very, very angry with her today - I've had to sell my car to pay off our bills and rent, and as such we only have one - hers. She's refused to let me use it to drive to my new work, as she wants freedom to go places during the day. My argument is that she's not only using double the amount of petrol to give me lifts to work and back, but she can easily get a bus to get places, and it's unfair on our daughter to keep dragging her out. I am the one earning, me getting to my work on time is the priority, not her being able to go shopping with mates during the day.

Today, she lost her keys, and I ended up late for work at my new job. Absolutely furious. Basically turned into a full argument when I got home, and I told her some truths she didn't want to hear (I have to clean up after her, pick up her rubbish, flush the toilet after her, I repeatedly BEG her to be more responsible with our house and she fails), and she ended up refusing to listen and walked out with my daughter.

fucksake.

To make it worse, this really hot girl at work is getting veeeeery friendly with me. I'm not in love with my girlfriend anymore (just staying together for the baby really...). It's fucked up. arhgghhghghghg

Leave. Leave now. It will be worse for the kid if you stay.

The elements are attempting to kill us off one by one.

Rich by water.

Lirlond by wind.

Mike will have his eyebrows singed off in a crazy electrical fire this afternoon.

Musha will fall into a trap of quicksand.

That's cool, I'll have Cary Elwes jump in and save me.

SteveWD40

Also, I watched Paranormal Activity 3 last night, I actually thought it was fairly decent and genuinely pretty spooky. The ending was a bit lame, but eh.

They get far too much shit, it's a decent premise usually well executed. I defy anyone to watch them alone in the dark and not get at least creeped out. Maybe it's because I have always had that "will catch a glimpse of a ghost in the mirror" fear.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Jeez, richisawesome. What a crummy way to start Christmas. You too CyanideStrike. Here's hoping things get better soon and good cheer comes around again! I'd share my remaining Christmas crackers with you if you were near. This big box of Maltesers, too.

On a somewhat related note, Christmas cracker jokes really are the worst. Tonight's best example (at our quote-unquote work do, which is funny since there's only three of us):

"What did the snowman say to the other snowman?"

"
Can you smell carrots?
"

I swear those joke writers must really have hit rock bottom at that point, or are permanently locked in rooms with the Dad's Army/Last of the Summer Wine archives on repeat.

Don't be lumping Dad's Army in with that Summer Wine shit.

Also, Happy Birthday, Jim!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Here's a joke (it's one of the 3 I know) that someone told me a couple of weeks ago in horrific circumstances. Hopefully will cheer people up even if you are just "eh!?"

So...

A man is leaving for work one morning and he has some bushes by his front door. It has been raining and there is a snail on one of the bushes, munching away.

He thinks nothing of it and goes to work. The next morning, when he goes out again the snail is still there. The same thing happens the next day.

On the third day, he gets frustrated with the snail and plucks it off the bush and throws it over the neighbour's fence.

Everything is fine for two weeks.

Then..

He sees the snail on the bush again. Exasperated, he shouts at it "what's your problem?!"

Danj

Here's a joke (it's one of the 3 I know) that someone told me a couple of weeks ago in horrific circumstances. Hopefully will cheer people up even if you are just "eh!?"

So...

A man is leaving for work one morning and he has some bushes by his front door. It has been raining and there is a snail on one of the bushes, munching away.

He thinks nothing of it and goes to work. The next morning, when he goes out again the snail is still there. The same thing happens the next day.

On the third day, he gets frustrated with the snail and plucks it off the bush and throws it over the neighbour's fence.

Then..

He sees the snail on the bush again. Exasperated, he shouts at it "what's your problem?!"

I don't get it. Why is that funny?

SteveWD40

So...

Then..

Heard it :)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Because the man is the one with the problem and the snail is just doing its thing.

I guess you're in the 'eh?' group.

NinjaBoiX

That's cool, I'll have Cary Elwes jump in and save me.
Inconceivable.
They get far too much shit, it's a decent premise usually well executed. I defy anyone to watch them alone in the dark and not get at least creeped out. Maybe it's because I have always had that "will catch a glimpse of a ghost in the mirror" fear.
I like that the sets are dressed in such a way that there is always plenty to grab your eye. When it cuts to the static camera footage at night, I find my eyes scanning the screen looking for anomalies, it keeps me on edge.

But yeah, I thought the third one was a fairly interesting yarn and had some creepy as hell scenes. Just simple stuff like
Kristi talking to Toby just off camera at 2 in the morning, or her standing at the door to her parents room for hours on end.

And I just knew that the panning camera downstairs was going to capture some good stuff.
Toby under the sheet was pretty spooky, then all the kitchenware dropping from the ceiling.
Pretty cool.

The most fucked up bit for me was when
they go to live with his mother in law. When he gets up in the middle of the night to an empty house, then goes across to the guesthouse, flicks on the light, and there is like five old people just standing there in the dark. The way the woman turns to him all nonchalant and just slowly pursues him.
Fuck. That. Shit.

Pretty good horror movie with a lame ending.

3.5/5
I don't get it. Why is that funny?
The snail is annoyed that the dude throw him over the fence, but he moves so slowly, it took him two weeks two get back to his front door to complain.

Edit: wait, the man is annoyed with the snail? Yeah, I'm not sure I get it either then!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
The snail is annoyed that the dude throw him over the fence, but he moves so slowly, it took him two weeks two get back to his front door to complain.

Edit: wait, the man is annoyed with the snail? Yeah, I'm not sure I get it either then!

Oh, is that what it is?

Maybe I misunderstood it :S

edit: Ah! I must have told it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom