• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Because SuperSah always posts about his new phone,
Haha!
Oh, is that what it is?

Maybe I misunderstood it :S

edit: Ah! I must have told it wrong.
Yeah, I've heard that joke a few times and it's always the snail annoyed with the dude. We already know that the dude is angry, that's why he threw him over the fence, so the revelation that he is annoyed doesn't really work as a punchline. Plus, the reveal that the snail can talk is inherently quite amusing.

Jokes, serious business!

One of my favourite "lame" gags:

Why did little Mary fall off the swing?

She has no arms.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Haha!

Yeah, I've heard that joke a few times and it's always the snail annoyed with the dude. We already know that the dude is angry, that's why he threw him over the fence, so the revelation that he is annoyed doesn't really work as a punchline. Plus, the reveal that the snail can talk is inherently quite amusing.

Jokes, serious business!

One of my favourite "lame" gags:

Why did little Mary fall off the swing?

She has no arms.

Hah!

Thanks! I wondered why I was getting funny looks. Yes, your way makes much more sense. I thought it was some kind of fable-type joke i.e. a snail just does what it does, but man gets annoyed at nature, etc.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Here's another one I heard the other day:

Vet: "I'm going to have to put your dog down."

Owner: "Why? :("

Vet: "
Because he's heavy.
"

SKINNER!

Banned
Did you miss my post? I loved the finale, especially the use of this song:

only Country song I like

Edit: but yeah, it was pretty gross when it panned over the pots and there were slugs everywhere :S

Just watched the final Fresh Meat (4OD is a week ahead) of this series, ends pretty well and with this fantastic song I hadn't heard in years at the end:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8kFGGOIl4c

I have now!

A flawed finale for me but overall I think I enjoyed S3 more than S2.

SteveWD40

I have now!

A flawed finale for me but overall I think I enjoyed S3 more than S2.

Not sure really, it got really silly at points but redeemed itself at the end in my eyes:

Howard finally being happy, the break up, which was handled pretty well.

Seems set for another 2 -3 series as well, since this one didn't end at any specific point, they haven't finished Year 2 as far as I can tell.

SKINNER!

Banned
yeah, although predictable it's good to see Howard being happy and getting with that new girl. Josie and Kingsley's open relationship thing was so lazily tacked on in that finale. Should've occurred earlier in the season and then panned out as the season progressed. Thought Vod's whole 'use homophobia to get out of an election' solution was out of character for her. Also could've gone further with the whole 'Vod is God!' campaign trail instead of just repeating cheap chips over and over. Didn't she mention something about renovating the library in the previous episode? Interestingly, JD being creepily/depressing desperate when he was giving that home buyer a tour was refreshing.

Not entirely sure where they are going with S4 and 5 but unless they completely go off the tracks then I'll stick around for it.

Son Of D

Was jimbor's ban a requested one or did he do something wrong? Anyway, happy birthday for when you see this.

I got nothing planned for today, so I'm thinking of trying to catch up on some TV I've missed. Been meaning to watch Dexter for a while.

NinjaBoiX

I thought dapper's post was funny, I would've assumed it was pretty obvious it was a joke.

Saying that, I've been banned for less, just gotta take it on the chin innit.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
With any luck should have home internet up and running tomorrow. This last few weeks have been interesting, as I've had to rely on dictionaries/encyclopaedias/thesauruses and various other goodies from the bookshelf instead.

Turns out I haven't got an atlas. Sure I must have had one somewhere once upon a time.

Hope that BT engineer does his stuff right.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh and today I moved my desk at work. So now my back is just facing a wall so no one can crept behind me thus my screen is rather well hidden.

Oh dear…

Son Of D

Oh and today I moved my desk at work. So now my back is just facing a wall so no one can crept behind me thus my screen is rather well hidden.

Oh dear…

I remember doing that during the final production project when I was in college. Sat in the corner, back facing a wall, entirely focused on the editing of my film. Even got to the point where I glared at anyone coming near me.

SteveWD40

With any luck should have home internet up and running tomorrow. This last few weeks have been interesting, as I've had to rely on dictionaries/encyclopaedias/thesauruses and various other goodies from the bookshelf instead.

Turns out I haven't got an atlas. Sure I must have had one somewhere once upon a time.

Hope that BT engineer does his stuff right.

Shit, I remember my atlas pre internet, I loved that massive tome of world shit.

Remember Encarta encyclopaedia CD's on mid 90's PC's? I was amazed they had some small movie clips on them!

SKINNER!

Banned
Remember Encarta encyclopaedia CD's on mid 90's PC's? I was amazed they had some small movie clips on them!

Remember this?

4CzMrsb.jpg

Spent far too much time on Encarta Encyclopedia 96 as a kid playing the games and watching those 1 minute video clips on my PC instead of going outside.

Also, just discovered now that the word "Encyclopedia" has 2 spellings. Who knew!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
For history one year we had to show we had done research for a topic. I discovered the teacher was a fan of Encyclopaedia Britannica which I had on CD. So I printed the article from that to take to class while I'd read up about it on one of my other encyclopaedia which explained things in a much easier to understand form.

I like some country. Jim White is pretty good, and anything Jeff Tweedy is involved with:

Jim White - Handcuffed To A Fence In Mississippi

Wilco - Theologians

Uncle Tupelo - Black Eye

Black Eye in particular is lush, 2:20 of pure feels.

Meh, I'd barely class any of those as Country. That Black Eye is a nice song though.

This is what I'm talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99QDBLX9JQI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve8sNTqrzCw

and for something a little different

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEYzcEM2zSU

Also so many hit songs were originally country songs. And better in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16yarf4ZCwA

Jordan

So, had the work Christmas do last night. It was an open bar and I had a very empty stomach with only a small plate of curry. The main mistakes there were, I had an emptyish stomach, I had some curry, and the drinks were free meaning no self control.

I got very drunk, I had two gay men dancing with me all night, I had a gay French guy constantly touching and kiss my face/neck/hand and I danced with quite possibly the most wife-material female ever... It was an eventful night, and I am a very delicate little flower.

Mikeside

So, had the work Christmas do last night. It was an open bar and I had a very empty stomach with only a small plate of curry. The main mistakes there were, I had an emptyish stomach, I had some curry, and the drinks were free meaning no self control.

I got very drunk, I had two gay men dancing with me all night, I had a gay French guy constantly touching and kiss my face/neck/hand and I danced with quite possibly the most wife-material female ever... It was an eventful night, and I am a very delicate little flower.

Wow, this could literally only happen to you.

Jordan

Wow, this could literally only happen to you.

The French guy always touches my neck, hugs me and wants to do the ghetto hand shake/shoulder bump type thing at work. It's occasionally a little awkward... I didn't even know he was gay until last night!

Sounds like a good night Jordan!

SS update: ALL gifts should have now been sent out. If for any reason any of you who said you were posting gifts yesterday/today have not been able to send your gift please let me know. Otherwise everyone should be receiving something soon!

Jordan

It was a really good night, I wish the wife-material female wasn't married. I get so share a car with her on Friday night, for about twenty/thirty minutes... She's only recently married so I could potentially sway her to come to me, but that's a little cuntish.

Not entirely sure whether I'm going to drink on Friday, it's free wine/beer/soft drinks, I only drink spirits which sucks. Need to learn to like/tolerate beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom