• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonia

Banned
Barclays is, from what I hear, just as bad as Natwest. As is HSBC. I used to be with Halifax and they were decent but I had to leave them for a number of reasons. I only went with Natwest because they were the only ones who would accept me.

Jordan

So, watching YouTube videos trying to get myself into dubstep - I came across a video which featured a photograph of Melanie Iglesias (yay for reverse image search) and I came across this gif. Not using IMG tags just in case it's slightly not safe for work, but guys/gals - enjoy :)

http://i.imgur.com/pS5fb4o.gif

I've just had my contract in work extended (and to be made permanent next month!) which is a massive relief for me, and means I won't be short of a penny or two until I nail down a graduate job!

So has everyone got their Christmas shopping completed? I just need some Thorntons toffee/fudge mix for my dad, and sweets/filler presents for a couple of other people and I'm romeo done!
I also badly need some clothes but apparently no place sells non skinny chinos....

So, watching YouTube videos trying to get myself into dubstep - I came across a video which featured a photograph of Melanie Iglesias (yay for reverse image search) and I came across this gif. Not using IMG tags just in case it's slightly not safe for work, but guys/gals - enjoy :)

I love those videos, case in point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDkFLXzwOKA
Stunning.

Nice. Andy says her boobs aren't big enough though.

Why are you trying to get yourself into dubstep?

NinjaBoiX

Guys, I'm now watching Shawshank thanks to this thread. I'm so happy.

Wow and to think I had all of PUTS' albums. This holiday I've been bleeding money out of every orifice.

A few more to consider, again I know it's late but this thread moves faster than Crank,
Doomtree - Dots & Dashes
Captain Murphy - Between Villains (many good artists in this one)
Awesome Acrid, I'll check these out later. Me and Mike have been exchanging recommendations over the last few days, I'm buzzing off so much new music at the minute!

And yeah, you should really check out "Or Stay Tuned", it was labeled as an EP due to some bullshit contract debacle, it was their last release on Om Records. But it's a full album, 11 tracks.
Come to barclays

join us in paradise
Have you logged in today yet Tash? 500 squid could be all yours.

Jordan

Stunning.

Yeah, I don't quite get the need for hot women dancing around/acting silly to music... But I am not one to complain.

Nice. Andy says her boobs aren't big enough though.

Why are you trying to get yourself into dubstep?

They're not that small - http://i.imgur.com/Nzhi6ye.jpg

I'm trying to get into dubstep because I feel like I'm missing something out. I like it when it's all chilled out but when the drop and prints jamming, that's when I feel like it's just a bit meh.

Stunning.

Andy takes it back.

But is disappointed she didn't get them out.

Edit:

I'm trying to get into dubstep because I feel like I'm missing something out. I like it when it's all chilled out but when the drop and prints jamming, that's when I feel like it's just a bit meh.

Well you can't force yourself to like something, you either dig it or you don't.

But tastes can change, it took me a while to get into dubstep, but it was just a case of listening to the right dubstep. Skrillex, Modestep, Excision, Noisia are all good.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Barclays is, from what I hear, just as bad as Natwest. As is HSBC. I used to be with Halifax and they were decent but I had to leave them for a number of reasons. I only went with Natwest because they were the only ones who would accept me.
Barclays online banking is phenomenal, you heard wrong
Guys, I'm now watching Shawshank thanks to this thread. I'm so happy.

Awesome Acrid, I'll check these out later. Me and Mike have been exchanging recommendations over the last few days, I'm buzzing off so much new music at the minute!

And yeah, you should really check out "Or Stay Tuned", it was labeled as an EP due to some bullshit contract debacle, it was their last release on Om Records. But it's a full album, 11 tracks.

Have you logged in today yet Tash? 500 squid could be all yours.

No luck yet bro

But it is my birthday tomorrow

NinjaBoiX

Really nice tunes Acrid, Dots and Dashes particularly.

Also, Melanie Iglesias is ridiculously hot.
I like it when it's all chilled out but when the drop and prints jamming, that's when I feel like it's just a bit meh.
Mistabishi - Printer Jam
(It just reminded me of this mental tune. The video is nuts too.)

But seriously, if you want chilled dubstep, you can't go far wrong with Burial:

Burial - Ghost Hardware
Bangarang Bro!
Love it. It stirs my beans.

Mikeside

Christmas shopping tomorrow just got a bit easier.

Getting my mum theatre tickets online - just gotta grab Despicable Me 2 and Monsters University blu-rays for her from the shops

Already got the grandparents something cool, so that's out of the way.

Gotta find things for a couple of gaffers, get a bearded Santa hat (the same as the one I wore to the meet) from Primark for my buddy Kev & I'm going to fill it with sweets and stuff, then I just need wrapping and tissue paper & I'm done.

You can do this, Mike.
You can do this.

AcridMeat

Banned
Really nice tunes Acrid, Dots and Dashes particularly.

Also, Melanie Iglesias is ridiculously hot.

Mistabishi - Printer Jam
(It just reminded me of this mental tune. The video is nuts too.)

But seriously, if you want chilled dubstep, you can't go far wrong with Burial:

Burial - Ghost Hardware

Love it. It stirs my beans.
If you enjoyed that Doomtree song, you'll fall in love with Dessa with this. Sadie Hawkins

Also my man! Burial is excellent, have you heard the new EP yet? Are you following my music blog yet? You big bumpty.

Speaking of big bumpties I want to meet your brother.

In terms of bassy stuff I like this sort of stuff recently. 1:10 on is just damn good.

That and things like 123mrk

I remember that printer jam video. I always preferred this one. A Radiohead cover by old electronics. :)

Symphonia

Banned
Just got off the phone to my ex and it was horrible. I hate hearing her cry and I just feel so useless right now. Like, I know there's not a lot I can do right now apart from being there for her but, urgh, I just want her to be alright :(

Mikeside

I know!! You had your chance and you fucked up by siding with George Bush. Let Nawaz Sharif do his thang...again.

Oh and for the record, all banks are dirty (sorry to folk who work in banks). Just gotta find the one that doesn't screw you the hardest.

When the time is right and appropriate for Skrillex the night just gets better.

See, remember when we talked about going to clubs where you hate the music because you stand out a bit better from everyone else there?
Yeah, I decided fuck that. Never pulling is a small price to pay for enjoying the music when I'm out.

I might have fucked up priorities, though.

When are you coming down south??

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Bugger. Little Old Man's link makes me want to go clubbing now. I haven't been at all this year. Doesn't help that Southampton is a mound of arse for that sort of scene.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Just got off the phone to my ex and it was horrible. I hate hearing her cry and I just feel so useless right now. Like, I know there's not a lot I can do right now apart from being there for her but, urgh, I just want her to be alright :(
You are doing the right thing, she will feel better with time. Just be there if she needs it and send her encouragement when you can. A little kindness goes a long way, as they say. Sex helps too.

Symphonia

Banned
You are doing the right thing, she will feel better with time. Just be there if she needs it and send her encouragement when you can. A little kindness goes a long way, as they say. Sex helps too.
She's not crying because we just broke up, she's crying because her nan just died.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
She's not crying because we just broke up, she's crying because her nan just died.
Yeah I realized that. If you just broke up, contacting her would be awful advice. But you have child together so being nice and helping her through her nan's death is the right thing to do.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Sex does help take your mind of things in the grieving process. But I wasn't meaning to make light of the situation.

Symphonia

Banned
Sex does help take your mind of things in the grieving process. But I wasn't meaning to make light of the situation.
I know you weren't, mate, and like I said I wasn't having a go but I honestly think sex will be the last thing on her mind right now. I just feel so bad for her, losing her nan before Christmas. And, of course, she was Anna-Lily's nana so we have to break the news to her too, which is going to suck.

Also one of the gays here, although I'm open to anything on the right night.

Feeling excited for Christmas BritGAF; go home, see my parents, realise that home isn't as good as uni, drive back to South Wales. Too easy.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Praise the Sun!

I remember that printer jam video. I always preferred this one. A Radiohead cover by old electronics. :)

That is one of my favourite remixes. It's so innovative. Eerily beautiful, too.

SKINNER!

Banned
See, remember when we talked about going to clubs where you hate the music because you stand out a bit better from everyone else there?
Yeah, I decided fuck that. Never pulling is a small price to pay for enjoying the music when I'm out.
I might have fucked up priorities, though.
When are you coming down south??

Depends on what you want from a nightout. If you're after a safe night with a group of friends who all share the same interest in music (saaaay 80s pop) and all you're after is a fun time around your friends then it's pointless to go rock/metal club or a hiphop one especially if nobody knows or likes the songs.

If you wanna switch it up a little and are going out with 2 other guys then try something different. I'm not a huge fan of house and techno but decided to go with a friend to a club that played that stuff. SO bizarrely different experience from other clubs. Didn't recognise a single tune but the strobe lights and pitch blackness coupled with smoke made the place so trippy and I wasn't even on anything!

Thinking about heading down south after I get back from PAX East around April/May and again when Eurogamer is in town.Since the Detroit Lions are playing in Wembley next year I will be in London for that too. Think it's around October. Not going to force you guys to sit through American Football but if anyone wants to hang out in the morning or during that weekend (game's on Sunday) then I'd be up for that. Aaaaaages away still.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hearing cheesy pop on a night out makes me want to throttle somebody. It has to be the right music or I get really grumpy. It's even worse when everyone is enjoying themselves. At least before the smoking ban I could sit and chug away when everyone was like "Yay! Steps!". Having said that, I've had some amazing nights in 'proper' clubby type clubs, although I don't remember anything except that I enjoyed myself. :)

Jesus, that was pretty grumpy, even without the cheesy pop :/

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Thinking about heading down south after I get back from PAX East around April/May and again when Eurogamer is in town.Since the Detroit Lions are playing in Wembley next year I will be in London for that too. Think it's around October. Not going to force you guys to sit through American Football but if anyone wants to hang out in the morning or during that weekend (game's on Sunday) then I'd be up for that. Aaaaaages away still.

One of these days I am going to go to one of these events. Jealous!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Tell me sploatee what is your gut reaction when Queen comes on the stereo?

I dunno really. Probably the wrong night to ask me as I'm a bit crotchety. I kind of just want to comb Freddie Mercury's moustache though, it'd be so much fun. I dunno. I'm the 'Wayne's World' generation. What's your reaction?

Symphonia

Banned
Had I been drunk enough at the meet, I would've busted out my best moves out and knock you all dead. I mean, how can anyone not be impressed by a dance like this? I only didn't do because I didn't want to show you guys up.

NinjaBoiX

Just finished Shawshank for like the 100th time, man, I love that shit.

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'. That's goddamn right."
If you enjoyed that Doomtree song, you'll fall in love with Dessa with this. Sadie Hawkins

Also my man! Burial is excellent, have you heard the new EP yet? Are you following my music blog yet? You big bumpty.

Speaking of big bumpties I want to meet your brother.

In terms of bassy stuff I like this sort of stuff recently. 1:10 on is just damn good.

That and things like 123mrk

I've not checked out the new Burial EP yet, 8bit mentioned it a few weeks back, never got round to it. But I checked out the tunage:

I loved the Sadie Hawkins one, she's got some skills. Her band were tight as fuck too. Phantasm was great, I'll have to check out some more. Those basslines are rather infectious! 123mark was a bit glitchy for me, couldn't really find a groove with it.

But that Radiohead cover is well impressive! It's mad how far people will go in the name of art, that must have taken ages to get right.

I often check out your tracks but I've never thought to subscribe to your blog. Next time it pops up on my FB feed, I'll sub. As for hanging out with me and my bro, I'll be down there next year (Manchester), so if you're ever in the city, chances are we'll both be around.

Or you know, we both take a holiday to San Francisco, whichever happens first!

Edit: Oh, and a tune in return:

David Holmes - Rip Rip
Funk on toast.

Ok so I just watched Cloud Atlas.

Loved it. So many feels.

My only gripe was that it was pretty long, but none of it felt unecessary and I can't see how they could've made it shorter.

It really is a beautiful film. Great message too. Coaxed a tear from my eye at the end there.

Anyone played Hard Reset? It's fucking awesome- classic guns blazing sci-fi shooter with some very nice art design and visuals to boot!

Loved it. So many feels.

My only gripe was that it was pretty long, but none of it felt unecessary and I can't see how they could've made it shorter.

It really is a beautiful film. Great message too. Coaxed a tear from my eye at the end there.

I can't remember whether I asked for the book or blu ray of that for Christmas. Looking forward to either though!

SKINNER!

Banned
Link to Cloud Atlas soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDX97YTGOp8

"There is a natural order to this world and those who try to upend it do not far well. This movement will never survive. If you join them, you and your entire family will be shunned. At best you exist as pariah, to be spat on and beaten, At worst, lynched or crucified...and for what? For what? No matter what you do, it will never amount to anything more than a single drop in a limitless ocean."

"...what is an ocean but a multitude of drops?"

That scene alone got me so emotionally moved in the cinema.

One of these days I am going to go to one of these events. Jealous!

You should stop by at the Eurogamer with us next year. It'll be different for me too as I usually go to these expos on my own and then meet folk there. I'm guessing eurogamer expo will be just like another UKGAF meetup but with more vidya gamez!

Son Of D

You should stop by at the Eurogamer with us next year. It'll be different for me too as I usually go to these expos on my own and then meet folk there. I'm guessing eurogamer expo will be just like another UKGAF meetup but with more vidya gamez!

Good enough for me. See y'all there. :p

I started watching Dexter today. Man how did I miss this at first? I heard that it gets horrible later on, but so far it's been a good series.

afoni

Banned
next eurogamer i'm actually going to watch the thread and MEET people when they tell me to find them rather than just bumping into someone and spending a large amount of the expo with them

well actually it depends

i'll probably just do exactly the same thing

Rich!

Was it just me, or did anyone else think of this theme when they first got to Hyrule Field in OOT back in 1998?

Seriously. I did. Hyrule Field's music is the fucking Bananaman theme.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Arrgh, Eurogamer meetups! I'd be up for that. I was at it this year, but the only person I got to meet (besides my close friends who I went with) was my journalist friend... And, well, she didn't have the best time there.

Let me know next year and I'm up for meeting others. Especially if it's you lovely guys and girls (well, girl) again.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

Loved it. So many feels.

Give the book a read. It is even better! Plus the message is a little different. The soundtrack is out of this world, though the Cloud Atlas sextet is ironically quite boring.

EDIT: AND BEN WHISHAW! How could I not mention Ben Whishaw.

AcridMeat

Banned
That is one of my favourite remixes. It's so innovative. Eerily beautiful, too.
One of mine too. The guy says he purposefully wanted them to not sound right, but I think the vocals of those hard drives are actually better than Thom Yorke's.
I've not checked out the new Burial EP yet, 8bit mentioned it a few weeks back, never got round to it. But I checked out the tunage:

I loved the Sadie Hawkins one, she's got some skills. Her band were tight as fuck too. Phantasm was great, I'll have to check out some more. Those basslines are rather infectious! 123mark was a bit glitchy for me, couldn't really find a groove with it.

But that Radiohead cover is well impressive! It's mad how far people will go in the name of art, that must have taken ages to get right.

I often check out your tracks but I've never thought to subscribe to your blog. Next time it pops up on my FB feed, I'll sub. As for hanging out with me and my bro, I'll be down there next year (Manchester), so if you're ever in the city, chances are we'll both be around.

Or you know, we both take a holiday to San Francisco, whichever happens first!

Edit: Oh, and a tune in return:

David Holmes - Rip Rip
Funk on toast.
That funkadelic shit! Love it.

Would welcome with open arms in SF. Just head over with Shorty to Boston in April instead though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom