• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Tash:

U0TSfEK.jpg

Would welcome with open arms in SF. Just head over with Shorty to Boston in April instead though.
I'm totally up for a holiday to the States chief, but April is just pipe dreams. Shame, me you and Shorty would have a right laugh together!

Next time breh, I really want to visit your fine land.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
fankyooo, you know i luv u guise xoxo

I decided to open the SS pressie on my birthday I'm glad I waited, I really did wonder what was in this little package

11461551015_78e1e7d8bb_b.jpg

Okay secret santa, u win

i fucking love it :)

Jordan

That's an awesome present!
Happy Birthday Tash!!

Acrid, any chance getting a link to your blog in a PM?

I'm hitting up Watford today to finish the Christmas shopping, get myself some new shoes and a new shirt for tonight - wish me luck.

Wow, Hayley looks rough as in that pic.

Awesome gift Tash, your SS knows you well! I really want to open mine now, but I'm going to wait till Monday because I'm good like that. Besides, I told Andy he could open his main present from me on Monday as it's too big to take to his Mum's, so we'll both have something to open.

Harlequin centre Jordan? I love that place. First time I ever went in a Disney store as a kid.

Jordan

Awesome gift Tash, your SS knows you well! I really want to open mine now, but I'm going to wait till Monday because I'm good like that. Besides, I told Andy he could open his main present from me on Monday as it's too big to take to his Mum's, so we'll both have something to open.

Harlequin centre Jordan? I love that place. First time I ever went in a Disney store as a kid.

Indeed, it's like a thirty minute drive from my house - the only problem I have with the place is it's filled with so many rude and ignorant cunts that it puts me off the place. I chose to go there mainly for the Apple Shop (Work have gotten me an iPhone 5C, but I have to provide the case) and because I know there are a few random shops that aren't anything like what I have closer to home.

Hoping to finish my Christmas shopping today, if not - I might cry.

Danj

C'mon Royal Mail, deliver my important letter today!

gonna be going home straight after the fancy staff lunch thing today to check the post, if the thing I'm waiting for is there I shall be off to London later on this afternoon.

NinjaBoiX

Acrid, any chance getting a link to your blog in a PM?
Here you go buddy:

http://allipostismusic.tumblr.com

There is some wicked stuff on there. Did you check out his post yesterday? There was this tune by Phantasm that I think you'll really like.

Also, while I'm here:

Simian Mobile Disco - Hustler

Daft Punk - Revolution 909

Justice - Genesis
Yeah I know, it looks like someone just woke her up. But the only other search results were just a pic with "Happy Birthday" superimposed, looked kind of lame.

SKINNER!

Banned
fankyooo, you know i luv u guise xoxo

I decided to open the SS pressie on my birthday I'm glad I waited, I really did wonder what was in this little package

Okay secret santa, u win

i fucking love it :)

Happy Birthday Tash and you're very welcome :)

Struggled for a bit trying to think up a decent gift as I wandered around the shops. Did initially text Mike for advice but then replied back telling him to hold on after I got an idea spark. Would've included a tiny bottle in that package too but I was concerned that it would break in transit so next time we meet I owe you one.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Back online at home now. And pretty bloody fast too being as the telephone exchange is within spitting distance (well, that'll be Cyanide's spitting distance not mine, old age and all that). Thank goodness. Now only have several zillion change-of-address things to do, plus washing, ironing, cabling, paying invoices that have got lost over the three different addresses this year, hoovering ...

And that's just today.

Mrs phisheep calls it a "day off" from the shop.

Roll on Christmas! and happy birthday Tash.

Symphonia

Banned
Back online at home now. And pretty bloody fast too being as the telephone exchange is within spitting distance (well, that'll be Cyanide's spitting distance not mine, old age and all that). Thank goodness. Now only have several zillion change-of-address things to do, plus washing, ironing, cabling, paying invoices that have got lost over the three different addresses this year, hoovering ...

And that's just today.

I don't get it.

:(

And that's just today.

You sir, are a funny guy.

Glad you got your internet sorted, fingers crossed you'll be staying put for a while now eh! Enjoy your day off! :p

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I don't get it.

:(

It's close but not close enough. I can't spit that far but you sir have a reputation (not necessarily for spitting but for general excess or something unless I am confusing you with someone else). Loses a bit in the explanation - take it as banter and bite back.

NinjaBoiX

Glad you're back connected Phi, being lost in information limbo can be an unsettling experience!

Cyanide, I assume the gag refers to you spitting your dummy on the regular.

Just courier your ironing over - I'm getting into the swing of it now.
We have an ironing service round our way called "Pressed for Time". Genius.

Just courier your ironing over - I'm getting into the swing of it now.

Thanks for the generous offer but I don't actually iron any of my clothes, haven't done for years. I'll make the odd exception if I'm going out somewhere nice, and what I want to wear is exceptionally creased. But generally I hang stuff up straight from the machine and try and stick to buying clothes that don't require ironing. Plus the creased look is in now, right? Right?

Son Of D

I really shouldn't go into Gaming Side (or on GAF at all) just after waking up. I'm always in a cranky mood in the mornings. I had a mini rant at SuperSah over something stupid there :(

On a lighter note, happy birthday Tasher, have a good 'un.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Hi, nice to meet you, I'm new here. Could I courier our ironing to you as well?

Only if it is today. this is a one-day offer only. Nice to meet you Sploat.

Glad you're back connected Phi, being lost in information limbo can be an unsettling experience!

Yeah, I need to get myself an atlas just in case.

Cyanide, I assume the gag refers to you spitting your dummy on the regular.

That might be it. I know there was some reason Cyanide sprang to mind.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Welcome back phisheep.

Hi Spacker, good to see you.

Just worked out why I have so many extension leads - last place but one only half the wall sockets worked. Now I have 15 extension leads and nothing that needs plugging into them. Probably wholly responsible for B&Q's profits last year.

Hi Spacker, good to see you.

Just worked out why I have so many extension leads - last place but one only half the wall sockets worked. Now I have 15 extension leads and nothing that needs plugging into them. Probably wholly responsible for B&Q's profits last year.

Fifteen plug extensions?! At least you have a good excuse.

You're not growing weed are you?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Thanks for the generous offer but I don't actually iron any of my clothes, haven't done for years. I'll make the odd exception if I'm going out somewhere nice, and what I want to wear is exceptionally creased. But generally I hang stuff up straight from the machine and try and stick to buying clothes that don't require ironing. Plus the creased look is in now, right? Right?

This is wise. I do all the ironing because of Emma's arthritis. I hate it more than Louis Walsh.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Fifteen plug extensions?! At least you have a good excuse.

You're not growing weed are you?

No.

I'm pretty incompetent at growing things, or alternatively very skilled at killing them. Mrs p on the other hand used to be a professional gardener, so I might have to check the back room ...

That's a no too.

Danj

C'mon Royal Mail, deliver my important letter today!

gonna be going home straight after the fancy staff lunch thing today to check the post, if the thing I'm waiting for is there I shall be off to London later on this afternoon.

Well shit. Just found out this thing wasn't even sent out until today. So my Christmas is now going to be just a regular christmas instead of a super awesome christmas :(

No.

I'm pretty incompetent at growing things, or alternatively very skilled at killing them. Mrs p on the other hand used to be a professional gardener, so I might have to check the back room ...

That's a no too.

To be honest if Mrs P was I'm sure you'd see the meter spinning like a mofo.

NinjaBoiX

Bah, they don't have the trainers I want in my size, Crimbo ruined. If anyone sees some size 7 Adidas Freemont Originals in light grey with dark blue detailing, please buy me them. You may or may not be reimbursed.

Tanks.
Plus the creased look is in now, right? Right?
If you're a student or a hippie maybe.
My last working day of the year and it's going so slow.
One more stop then I'm home free. Just in Tesco now loading up on beer and stuff. Sssh, mums the word!

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Are you sure that you checked the backroom?

My parents once had a £900 electricity bill before I moved out, the electric company even rang to check that there wasn't a mistake.

Ah, what you do in those circumstances is what an old college friend of mine did ...

He kept his room heater on full blast 24 hours a day all through the year and, when faced with an enormous bill at the end he said "that's ridiculous, do you realise that in order to run up that sort of bill I'd have had to have my room heater on full blast 24 hours a day all through the year?".

The bill was waived. He got away with it.

20 years later he was done for large-scale corporate fraud. It's a cautionary tale.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Thankyou all for birthday wishes

For my birthday may one of you help me with a stupid computer problem which is doing my nut in

W7 Recently auto-downloaded an update (don't know what it is) and each time I shut it down it installs it, on restarting the machine it fails to launch windows so I run startup repair and it goes back in time to just before it installs the patch, meaning every time I start up and shutdown the machine I have to go through this dumb fucking process

halp

Ah, what you do in those circumstances is what an old college friend of mine did ...

He kept his room heater on full blast 24 hours a day all through the year and, when faced with an enormous bill at the end he said "that's ridiculous, do you realise that in order to run up that sort of bill I'd have had to have my room heater on full blast 24 hours a day all through the year?".

The bill was waived. He got away with it.

20 years later he was done for large-scale corporate fraud. It's a cautionary tale.

Why did he have it on 24/7? Getting done for fraud was ironic.

My parents paid up, it came up in conversation the other day and my missus couldn't believe it. I did have a fridge and an epic (at the time) computer running 24/7 alongside other electrical devices.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Why did he have it on 24/7?

I never did find out, but I suspect he did it on purpose over the winter (which was a bloody freezing one) then discovered there was no way he could pay the bill and decided at that stage to bluff it out so kept it on all spring and summer to make the point.

In hindsight it was a bit of a character note, I wasn't all that surprised to see him splashed on the front pages years later.

I never did find out, but I suspect he did it on purpose over the winter (which was a bloody freezing one) then discovered there was no way he could pay the bill and decided at that stage to bluff it out so kept it on all spring and summer to make the point.

In hindsight it was a bit of a character note, I wasn't all that surprised to see him splashed on the front pages years later.

Thinking about it, that's actually quite clever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom