• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
So....my lovely is a primary school teacher and was doing the nativity this week. She works at a school which is mostly afro-Caribbean and one of the kids asked her to paint his face white so he could be Santa. She said "have you ever met the really real Santa?". He said "No." - so she said "well how do you know he's not the same colour skin as you?"

And then I saw this and it made me sad:

http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...us-black-white-christmas-race-debate-fox-news

"and Jesus was a white man too!" of course he was, love. Of course he was.

NinjaBoiX

I wanted to apologize :(
Well you'll get your chance, he's back today, hence the gif of his sexy moves. Posting again for new page, I don't often get an excuse to post one of my favourite gifs:

FUAEDnQ.jpg

It was pretty funny dude, "tread lightly", who the fuck are you, Heisenberg? I've said it before, but you need to chill Winston. You do incite drama, last night was a perfect example, you blew up over pretty much nothing.

Just sayin' man, lighten up!

sploat your missus sounds lovely. 'Murica, nuff said. This is why Mormans are my second favourite religion after Scientology, cos they think Jesus was American.

Off to Leyton for a bit of shopping, gonna pop in tk maxx to find Andy some trainers, probably end up buying stuff I don't need. Tis the season!

f0rk

This Nigella Lawson thing is pretty funny, whenever she gets the flour out on her show you just know the same joke is being made across the country

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
This Nigella Lawson thing is pretty funny, whenever she gets the flour out on her show you just know the same joke is being made across the country

It actually ruined nigella for me when we watched a show the other day. Everything is given dramatic irony, she's ruined.

SteveWD40

Pretty fucked up that the victim has been smeared by the press, who clearly are all pally with that Cunt of a husband she had.

Who gives a shit if she did dickhead dust, he beats women.

f0rk

Pretty fucked up that the victim has been smeared by the press, who clearly are all pally with that Cunt of a husband she had.

Who gives a shit if she did dickhead dust, he beats women.
Well in this particular case she's not the victim now as the assistants have been found not guilty. You're right about the husband though

Danj

So more news on the prize front: I contacted the prize people and asked them to send to my parents' house, which they did, but said it wouldn't arrive till Monday.

However, it seems like Royal Mail pulled out all the stops as I got it today :O

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
sploat your missus sounds lovely. 'Murica, nuff said. This is why Mormans are my second favourite religion after Scientology, cos they think Jesus was American.

Off to Leyton for a bit of shopping, gonna pop in tk maxx to find Andy some trainers, probably end up buying stuff I don't need. Tis the season!

Enjoy !

Hopefully at some point you'll get to meet her- I'm a bit weird on my own, she gives me context :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I got something in the post today. A slip telling me to collect my parcel from the local sorting office and to pay a £15 handling/customs charge. :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Weird. I got one of these yesterday. PlayAsia.
Yeah this is from the Far East too (AmiAmi) but I tend to have a 50/50 chance of being caught and since I was lucky last time I suspected I'd get caught this time. Just a shame it was one of the more expensive orders.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Urgh, kind of a shit day. Weather is horrendous and the Co-Op bank wouldn't let me take money out of my ISA, so my new year looks to be well and truly fucked on a big scale. Plus a 3-hour journey home for what should normally take me 25 minutes. And my laptop's touchscreen is broken.

It's funny how simple things tend to cheer me up, like talking to the neighbours. Or listening to Little Shop of Horrors' OST. Or a mug of hot Ribena and Secret of NIMH for the umpteenth time.

Can I get in on this Whatsapp malarky too pretty please please?

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, Jordan will sort you out.

Also, you really need to check out BANKS Jordan. I mentioned it a few days back, not sure if you saw it. Mike recommended her to me earlier in the week, I've been buzzing off it ever since.

It really fits in with what you were looking for before, chilled electro music with deep heavy basslines. I love it, it's all so moody and her vocals are just the ticket too.

BANKS - Before I Ever Met You

BANKS - Warm Water

BANKS - This Is What It Feels Like

Might as well repost the one that Mike posted too because it's awesome. Even if you're not feeling the rest, at least give this one a whirl:

BANKS - Bedroom Wall

1RigmbG.jpg

Urgh, kind of a shit day. Weather is horrendous and the Co-Op bank wouldn't let me take money out of my ISA, so my new year looks to be well and truly fucked on a big scale. Plus a 3-hour journey home for what should normally take me 25 minutes. And my laptop's touchscreen is broken.

It's funny how simple things tend to cheer me up, like talking to the neighbours. Or listening to Little Shop of Horrors' OST. Or a mug of hot Ribena and Secret of NIMH for the umpteenth time.

Can I get in on this Whatsapp malarky too pretty please please?

Secret of NIMH is epic, one of my fave films as a kid.

Pm your mobile numbers to Jordan for entry to BritGaf whatsapp

Symphonia

Banned
My SS arrived. I caved and opened it (kudos on the amazing wrapping, haha) and its clear whoever got me knows me well. I love my present.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Opening a Christmas present before Christmas. WTF?

I've always had to wait till the evening of Christmas Day to open the presents with the family. Makes sense, if I got a game as a kid all I'd want to do is play it so I'd be anti social during the dinner. Make me wait till afterwards and the parents don't mind what I do since they just want to rest.

Son Of D

If I was doing the SS, I'd still wait until Christmas Day. Just feels odd to open a present beforehand. After the 25th is understandable if there's a good reasoning. Also, I may join in with the WhatsApp shenanigans. Never used it before though.

NinjaBoiX

I do feel kind of shitty about opening my SS early to be honest, it would've been a lot more fun to do it all together on Monday. I was weak-willed and felt vindicated by those two other impatient miscreants. Getting them banned was a bit harsh though Mike, it's only a bit of fun buddy.

It'll still be a laugh finding out what people got and guessing who got who.

Jordan

Yeah, Jordan will sort you out.

Also, you really need to check out BANKS Jordan. I mentioned it a few days back, not sure if you saw it. Mike recommended her to me earlier in the week, I've been buzzing off it ever since.

It really fits in with what you were looking for before, chilled electro music with deep heavy basslines. I love it, it's all so moody and her vocals are just the ticket too.

BANKS - Before I Ever Met You

BANKS - Warm Water

BANKS - This Is What It Feels Like

Might as well repost the one that Mike posted too because it's awesome. Even if you're not feeling the rest, at least give this one a whirl:

BANKS - Bedroom Wall

Listened to two of them, liking it so far.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Can't say I've been around long enough to partake in secret Santa but Burnley beat Blackpool 2-1 today making us top of the championship again. That's worth something. Ran a mile in the pissing down rain for my bus. Currently sat on it posting from my Sony phone like a drowned rat....
Don't worry, I think next year's SS will be even better now that we've had one.

One suggestion I might make is that we can say who we are on the present. I was tempted to make a custom Christmas card but refrained from doing so incase my recipient thought "who here knows how to use Photoshop reasonably well?" I mean you're identity will still be a secret until they get the gift.

The other obvious suggestion being no one opens there presents early. :mad:

Danj

OK so my mum has suggested I could have an expedition to the Manchester Selfridges store on Monday as it's the least far away. Does anyone know anything about it? Apparently there are 2 stores but looking at the floor guide the Exchange Square one has no Technology section, anyone know if that's accurate? Also how big is the technology section in the Trafford Centre one, the floor guide indicates it's just a small ring around the escalator?

afoni

Banned
Don't worry, I think next year's SS will be even better now that we've had one.

One suggestion I might make is that we can say who we are on the present. I was tempted to make a custom Christmas card but refrained from doing so incase my recipient thought "who here knows how to use Photoshop reasonably well?" I mean you're identity will still be a secret until they get the gift.

The other obvious suggestion being no one opens there presents early. :mad:

all the grammar is killing me in this

Yeah, because I'm totally the only one to open mine before the 23rd.

THAT'S NO EXCUSE. I've already had my present spoiled for me somewhat, but I didn't open mine.

You guys are weak.

i hope there are some shit gifts apart from mine i couldn't afford what i wanted to get ;-;

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
OK so my mum has suggested I could have an expedition to the Manchester Selfridges store on Monday as it's the least far away. Does anyone know anything about it? Apparently there are 2 stores but looking at the floor guide the Exchange Square one has no Technology section, anyone know if that's accurate? Also how big is the technology section in the Trafford Centre one, the floor guide indicates it's just a small ring around the escalator?

I know them both (used to work on make up counters there) . Exchange Square is more for clothes and make up, not much of a dept store. Trafford Centre probably your best bet? I haven't been there for a while though, so you could always give them a call. I don't know how well you know Manchester but there are direct buses to the TC from Piccadilly Gardens.

Danj

I know them both (used to work on make up counters there) . Exchange Square is more for clothes and make up, not much of a dept store. Trafford Centre probably your best bet? I haven't been there for a while though, so you could always give them a call. I don't know how well you know Manchester but there are direct buses to the TC from Piccadilly Gardens.

OK, that makes sense. And yeah, while I don't think I've ever been to Manchester I figured out there's the X50 express bus from Piccadilly Gardens to the Trafford Centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom