• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit

Knows the Score
I'm thinking about going to see Frozen in the New Year (if anywhere is still showing it). Anyone here seen it at all, and if so is it worth seeing?

According to my 2 year old daughter too many songs, and not as good as Tangled.

--

Oh, don't miss the short in front of it, "Get a Horse". It's great.

Rich!

Ta. The Smaug bits were great. Why three films? What is point of first film?

It was originally going to be 2 films, but execs forced Jackson to make three. Decision was made very late into pre-production. In fact, I think they had already filmed a shitload.

Son Of D

I wanted to watch Desolation of Smaug, but the first film disappointed me. Just felt like it was on for too long. I heard that DoS is better, but I might just wait to see it.

That's the Disney one, isn't it? I don't like Disney films so much on account of having no soul.

This is actually a rare occurrence for me. I know very few people who don't like Disney films.
This is where I get a lot of responses from others who don't like Disney.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
This community has grown a bit since I first joined

i like that

where the heck have you been slavadora, I was watching Chuck the other day and thought that you hadn't shown your yvonne in a while

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I wanted to watch Desolation of Smaug, but the first film disappointed me. Just felt like it was on for too long. I heard that DoS is better, but I might just wait to see it.

This is actually a rare occurrence for me. I know very few people who don't like Disney films.
This is where I get a lot of responses from others who don't like Disney.

I had a weird childhood where all we ever watched was the news. It messed me up.

Just got Super Mario Bros 3 on the VC. Emulator seems to be pretty lacking- the sound drops out of sync, theres some weird border on the left side, and the upcoming parts seem to flicker into existence then into colour as I move through each level.

Charlie Brooker's 2013 Wipe

Loved the Blurred Lines and Ohio hurricane segments.

Salvadora

This community has grown a bit since I first joined

i like that

where the heck have you been slavadora, I was watching Chuck the other day and thought that you hadn't shown your yvonne in a while
Usually I just stick to the Football thread these days.

The community is so different than before.

Vashetti

Banned
Just got Super Mario Bros 3 on the VC. Emulator seems to be pretty lacking- the sound drops out of sync, theres some weird border on the left side, and the upcoming parts seem to flicker into existence then into colour as I move through each level.

And people believe Nintendo trickle them out slowly because they're getting them to run 100% smoothly...

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Usually I just stick to the Football thread these days.

The community is so different than before.

I, without trying to blow my own trumpet, have made it much more worse and stuff, SUairyu would have a fucking field day with the cliquey nonsense

Also say hi to quiche, I miss his soft voice

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Super late to the party, but Suairyu is gone for good?!?!

He was one of my favourite posters :(
Yeah he bailed to focus more on life or something dumb to that effect. Wilbur and Wooden banned for being too wild. Green scar dropped out for six months for school, Chinner never posts anymore. Seems like abandoning your mates is what is hot online these days.

Son Of D

CHEEZMO™;95196388 said:
You guys have still got me.

<3

You all have me as well. I'll be as much like me as possible. So expect a moment where I go all emo and endlessly talk about the shit I go through before coming back the next day and apologising for ruining the mood. Then I over think about responses to my messages before moving on. Also a possibility of me spending ages to get a picture of myself to share with you and then being nervous about my appearance.

But most of the time I'm just the quiet, incredibly shy guy that rambles sometimes and is loving life at the moment.

Yeah old skool BritGaf is few and far between. Smoky and phi still pop their heads in occasionally. It's mostly new kids running the joint these days though.

Which ain't necessarily a bad thing, just different. You gotta either embrace change or run from it.

And people believe Nintendo trickle them out slowly because they're getting them to run 100% smoothly...

Dismissed by the Nintendo hardcore. Its absolutely intentional. Honest. It's all...part of the plan?

You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan."

At least when I buy a Vita I know that my PS1 classics will run like a dream.

^ Happy Berfday dude!

Fire Emblem has eaten up my vacation time. Fuck this game is awesome.

Cheers! Have a good Christmas (you headed back home right??)

My next 3DS game is between FE, Luigi's Mansion 2, and ALBW. So hard to decide....whycantiholdallthesegames.jpg

SteveWD40

Not sure if I am old school but I guess I must be since I was there when the first BritGaf thread started...

Im still lurking about, check the thread daily but am too lazy to post much.

NinjaBoiX

Last day of lounging around today, I got shit to do tomorrow. Everyone is at work so I'm gonna sit in my pants, drink beer and watch some flicks. I got Star Trek Into Darkness and Killing Them Softly on BD over Christmas, and maybe I'll make a start on Saints Row 4.

My pal also left his PS4 downstairs, but it's hard to get too excited at the prospect of playing Resogun yet again, as good as it is.

Then back at work on Thursday, yay!
Charlie Brooker's 2013 Wipe
I watched it last night, typically hilarious. I lost my shit when he described that Alex from The Apprentice as a "Jimmy Carr sex doll":

0SSKZF8.jpg

I could never quite put my finger on it.
I'd like to think the same.
I love times like this - we had an influx of new people in the past few weeks and they're just getting settled in a bit now.
You're the goddamn paterfamilias.

NinjaBoiX

Nope. Much as I love Mike he ain't no Gaf Daddy. I think that role is firmly in the hands of Smoky.
Smokey isn't around enough, he's never there when we need him, he'd be like one of those weekend dads. He's more like the cool uncle that you want to hang out with, offering up pearls of wisdom and wry musings on life.
I'm feeling really bi-polar, this also means I'm feeling pretty fucking miserable
D28oEaw.jpg

Son Of D

Just got on the train to London. 3+ hour journey. Thankfully I have plenty of things to do on the train. Might post updates on here as well if anything noteworthy happens.

Cheers! Have a good Christmas (you headed back home right??)

My next 3DS game is between FE, Luigi's Mansion 2, and ALBW. So hard to decide....whycantiholdallthesegames.jpg
Was in Nottingham for Christmas. Already went back home earlier in the month. I miss the weather!

And if you want a time sink, FE is the way to go.

SKINNER!

Banned
'sup BritGaf? Feels like a millennium since I last posted here. Hope everyone's having a good time this holiday. Wishing everyone an early happy new year because I know I'll forget to do so tomorrow eve.

Son Of D

I've lost count as to how many flooded fields I've seen on this journey. Kind of surreal. Also the toilets on my carriage were either out of order or had a sink that didn't work. Had to go to another carriage and use that.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
runlikehell you are the best secret santa ever.

I've got your gift displayed proudly on my desk at work. It was pretty funny when the package came since it was in a big red postpak box with "ROYAL MAIL" on the front. Everyone at work was curious what it was and I was very secretive about it as if I had some kind of special deal I was working on for one of our international contracts. I'll get pictures uploaded when I get home. Thanks mate, you're great, the wait was totally worth it. So relieved I didn't get Cyanide Strike.

Son Of D

Anyone travelles by MegaBus?

How are they? I have a journey next week with them.
My brother used them once from London to Exeter. He didn't recommend it.

Just getting to Reading now. And I just got a call from my friend telling that he's unable to meet me at Paddington. Thankfully I know how to get to Watford else I'd be fucked since I don't know London that well.

runlikehell you are the best secret santa ever.

I've got your gift displayed proudly on my desk at work. It was pretty funny when the package came since it was in a big red postpak box with "ROYAL MAIL" on the front. Everyone at work was curious what it was and I was very secretive about it as if I had some kind of special deal I was working on for one of our international contracts. I'll get pictures uploaded when I get home. Thanks mate, you're great, the wait was totally worth it. So relieved I didn't get Cyanide Strike.

No problem mane!

Sorry it took so long to send out - I had to wait for it to arrive to me. Glad you like it, after checking your post history I still had no idea what to get so I hedged my bets on that.

SuperSah

Banned
I spent 4 hours on one to Telford once.

good luck

My brother used them once from London to Exeter. He didn't recommend it.

I'm Megafucked.

Going from London back to my hometown Sheffield to see friends etc.

Depart 15:00 Friday 10th Jan and supposed to get there for 18:30. Judging by reviews, I should be able to walk to Mexico before my trip gets there.

Gonna head to Victoria Coach Station early to ensure window seat. Fuck the aisle.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
No problem mane!

Sorry it took so long to send out - I had to wait for it to arrive to me. Glad you like it, after checking your post history I still had no idea what to get so I hedged my bets on that.
It's perfect man. I got the collectors edition for the last game so it will display nicely alongside that and my figure prints. I'm a big fan of Blizzard despite recent let-downs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom