• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonia

Banned
I need to shave but that would require effort and I honestly can't even muster up the energy to do that. Looks like I'm going into work tomorrow with my lovely hobo beard. Yay!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
there's something quite sinister about using mike's face as your avatar, it's like you've stolen his identity/soul

Don't worry it was mainly to add some humour to a joke i cracked in the EVI UK thread. My new avatar has been made and is ready to be uploaded.

What's everyones most hilarous tag they have seen around NEOGAF.

JB1981
I am full of shit.
Rich, smooth, creamy shit.

I for one chuckled at the tag.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Speakng of avatars, I kinda wanna go back to my sassy Rarity av. I feel it gave my posts an added bite that Taylor (<3) just doesn't have.

Kentpaul

CHEEZMO™;76210147 said:
Speakng of avatars, I kinda wanna go back to my sassy Rarity av. I feel it gave my posts an added bite that Taylor (<3) just doesn't have.

Going back to old avatars alters the time line man, You don't want to bring the butterfly effect into action.

I haven't changed mine since I joined. Apart from altering it slightly for certain movements (cuntgate, J Tourettes).

I've been told it makes me look 'stern' though.

What are your thoughts kids, should I change it?

Kentpaul

I haven't changed mine since I joined. Apart from altering it slightly for certain movements (cuntgate, J Tourettes).

Changing your first avatar is a move you can't take back. Your online identity will never be the same. Dave and his beer & football shirt avatar was a part of the GAF landscape and now its gone forever.

Symphonia

Banned

I don't think I've ever seen a photo of you but yeah, keep it. I now associate that avatar with your name.

NinjaBoiX

CHEEZMO™;76210147 said:
Yeah, that was cool.
Going back to old avatars alters the time line man, You don't want to bring the butterfly effect into action.
:/
Mine is pretty damn perfect.
Troof, love it.

It does! You look great in it, but you look, well, stern.

And you certainly aren't that.

But on the other hand, the colours are really cool. Hmm...

Your old Skype pic was really cute, the slightly cheeky expression appeals to me!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My old avatars were kind of rubbish. I was guilty of having a bad animated avatar that didn't loop well. Quite likes the Cruelcumber from DQIX even if it did mean all my posts were never taken seriously.

cruelav.png

xist

Wow, it's really difficult finding the right moment to actually try and break into this thread because it's so close knit. But having just sent my first message on a dating site to someone i randomly spotted (she'll ignore, i'll be distraught) i figured how can now be any worse a time if i get mauled in Britgaf...i'm already emotionally drained.

And yes, i'm a fragile soul...

Wow, it's really difficult finding the right moment to actually try and break into this thread because it's so close knit. But having just sent my first message on a dating site to someone i randomly spotted (she'll ignore, i'll be distraught) i figured how can now be any worse a time if i get mauled in Britgaf...i'm already emotionally drained.

It's not that hard. you comment on previous posts, or just post something you want to say. Like you just did.

Well done, you're now part of BritGaf!

Now go fill in the form from the OP.

Symphonia

Banned

Just do what I did and dive straight in and join in any random conversation you can. It worked for me and I've been accepted. I think.

NinjaBoiX

Welcome xist! Just post whatever you feel, something funny, something interesting, or just get something off your chest.

We're a pretty friendly bunch! There are some great people in this community, you should stick around.

Anyway, we could use some more ducks in here.

xist

Well done, you're now part of BritGaf!

Now go fill in the form from the OP.

Yay me!

Just pretend that you're already a part of BritGAF. Worked for me.

You big faker...

When's you Birthday: June....you're getting no more from me...
Where do you live: Kent, landmark wise near the Bluewater shopping centre
Where are you from: As above...born and bred.
Occupation/University: Optometrist
Favourite Actor/Actress: None really, though Tim Olyphant seems ok..
Favourite Band/Artist: Too many to call...maybe Refused or Dissection.
Favourite TV Show: Don't really watch TV - those science shows on BBC2 good enough?
Favourite Crisps: Don't eat them....although Bacon Wheat Crunchies would be up there.
Favourite Biscuit: Fig rolls are good, as are Garibaldi's
Favourite Pokémon: That one with eyes and legs and a mouth.
Ant or Dec: Ant. Dec looks like he's ageing preternaturally.
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Tites...the translucent tips are ace.
Beano or Dandy: I know one of the artists by proxy (i don't know him but his girlfriend), so Dandy despite it's death.

Done....

SKINNER!

Banned
Was sportin' an animated "Reggie Fils-Aime bobbing head on a dollar bill" avatar before the big "no gif avatars" came along. Major Kong cowgirl is my permanent avatar but I tend to change to 16-bit tachikoma avatar whenever I feel like a change.

Symphonia

Banned
You're cool.
Everyone says that at first. I'm kind of like Marmite, me, you'll either love me or loathe me, haha. Still, I'm kinda happy with how I'm settling in at GAF - I waited so long for my account to be validated that I was actually pretty nervous about posting in case I got banned or didn't make a good impression. But BritGAF seems like a damn friendly community and you've all been welcoming to me, definitely one of the most welcoming communities I've seen or been a part of.

Ok so I finally remembered which effect I used on my original avatar, and have applied the same to a couple of more recent (less stern) pics.

So, do I go with

a) My current avatar

b)
GF8XEOa.jpg

c)
QvDndmy.jpg

d)
6YtZ4EK.jpg

e)
scqMhLQ.jpg

Cast your votes now!

xist

Still, I'm kinda happy with how I'm settling in at GAF - I waited so long for my account to be validated that I was actually pretty nervous about posting in case I got banned or didn't make a good impression.

Amen to that...my account is getting on for two years old and i'm still a Junior because half the time i'm petrified of posting a message.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I think you should use the photo bucket error image Musha.

This is my first avatar still, I like it.

Exit: I vote d, that white on the face looks cool

NinjaBoiX

I'm going to say the cute smile if I have to pic just one.

It's cheeky and playful, it reflects your personality better!

And you look really hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom