• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbor

Banned
I've been in a bit of a weird mood today, a mixture of calm and content with a sense of dread as I return to work on Monday. I really cannot be bothered with work after having such a nice Christmas break, although my liver may disagree with that. I think I'll just kick back tonight and take it easy while listening to some blasts from the 'past'...

System Of A Down - Chop Suey
Billy Talent - Fallen Leaves
Funeral For A Friend - History
Funeral For A Friend - End Of Nothing
Ultrabeat - Pretty Green Eyes

Scooter - Logical Song

And, of course, no night would be complete without at least one listen to...

Paramore - Paramore

That should keep me going for a while.

Expected more LostProphets.

NinjaBoiX

Cyanide, SOAD are pretty good.

Edit: megalolz jimbor.

Edit 2: Afoni, your tune is really good too, great vibe to it. The vocals didn't float my boat though...
In the spirit of leaving music lying about, I present a jaunty little number by Ruins called 'Praha in Spring'.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6InBPC3MRwk
Mental. I enjoyed the music, not so sure about the vocals! Melt Banana are off the map too, all kinds of crazy. One of the lads used to batter my head with "Cactuses Come In Flocks", he loved it. I never got it.

I loved Boris though, I'll have to check out some more.

Fuck it, a few moat choons:

Faraquet - The Missing Piece

Kojak - Habité Par 2 Mondes"

Cinemechanica - Hero/Protagonist

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Mental. I enjoyed the music, not so sure about the vocals! Melt Banana are off the map too, all kinds of crazy. One of the lads used to batter my head with "Cactuses Come In Flocks", he loved it. I never got it.

They're both great live, if you ever get the chance. Lots of fun.

As for mental...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U6f9BV-8yAw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DU6f9BV-8yAw

Bear with the weird intro, the pay off is wicked; the very definition of happy.

That is well tasty. Is the title a Snow Crash reference?

NinjaBoiX

Fun fact, the first time I'd ever listened to a SOAD track in full was when we were in Last Resort. Yep, pretty fucking bad, I know.
Why? It's awesome getting into a band really late, you've got a whole discography to dive into!
They're both great live, if you ever get the chance. Lots of fun.

As for mental...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U6f9BV-8yAw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DU6f9BV-8yAw

Bear with the weird intro, the pay off is wicked; the very definition of happy.
Wowzers, that was certainly something! I never quite know what to expect when you post music, your taste is so unconventional. I love that though, diversity and shit.
That is well tasty. Is the title a Snow Crash reference?
I had a feeling that one would tickle your tache. I have no idea about the name, the tune is from an EP called "Rivals", Pats downloaded it the other day. Tis well good. Only three tracks though.

I'm going to "retweet" one that Mike posted a while back. I think you missed it, and I think it's right up your street:

Physics House Band - Teratology
Holy fuck these guys can play.
Lush mate. Love 'owt like that me.

A nice chilled bit of music from "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?":

Chris Thomas King - Hard Time Killing Floor Blues
I love the scene where he's playing it round the campfire. So calming.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Wowzers, that was certainly something! I never quite know what to expect when you post music, your taste is so unconventional. I love that though, diversity and shit.

Haha! I take that as both a compliment and a challenge for the future. Still, we have a fair bit in common judging by your posts. I mean, we'll always have PJ, right? :)

I'm going to "retweet" one that Mike posted a while back. I think you missed it, and I think it's right up your street:

Physics House Band - Teratology
Holy fuck these guys can play.

That guitar line is lovely, reminds me of Billy Mahonie a little bit. I'll have to check these boys out.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
pretty sure that's racist. watermelons too.
colonelsan_deleteyourself.jpg

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!
Not really.

The things I'd do to get some KFC right now.

What does everyone think of this tune? Been listening to it for days now. Love this new synergy between metal and electronic. Like Korn's new stuff kind of. Narcissistic Cannibal and Never never.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ceBLLRRybU

Also, why isn't my birthday in the OP?? :'(

It's not bad but I'm not sure about the vocals. One thing Korn always get spot on is the vocals, JD can do no wrong. But I quite like the music. I too am loving the crossover of metal and dubstep, I think they're two genres which complement each other well.

Also happy birthday!

Mikeside

On the train home from the big weekend. Was an excellent one & the dry spell is well and truly broken.

What's everyone up to this week?

Still got another week off, so I'm going to watch a few more episodes of Game of Thrones, hopefully get two more books and a few movies into the 50/50 challenge. Might go to see American Hustle.

Also playing some games with friends online. We're playing mostly co-op stuff, anyone got recommendations for Steam games with good co-op play? So far we've tried:

Path of Exile - loved it, played through the whole thing twice
FORCED - didn't really like it, very finnicky controls
Terraria - really good once we figured out what we were doing

We also have Guild Wars 2 but one of our party is too sick to play ATM.

Mikeside

Still got another week off, so I'm going to watch a few more episodes of Game of Thrones, hopefully get two more books and a few movies into the 50/50 challenge. Might go to see American Hustle.

Also playing some games with friends online. We're playing mostly co-op stuff, anyone got recommendations for Steam games with good co-op play? So far we've tried:

Path of Exile - loved it, played through the whole thing twice
FORCED - didn't really like it, very finnicky controls
Terraria - really good once we figured out what we were doing

We also have Guild Wars 2 but one of our party is too sick to play ATM.

It's not exactly a deep, amazing experience but Fowl Play is a lot of fun, as is Renegade Ops

Finally managed to get a chance to watch 2013 Wipe, Doug Stanhope is my new hero.

He's ace. Some of his stand up shows are on Netflix, and they're deffo worth a watch.

He does gigs in Leicester Square fairly regularly. He's brilliant.

Speaking of Leicester Square, I'm going to see Stewart Lee there in a few of weeks time. I've had my ticket for months (as I like being super-prepared), but my brother just texted that he bought a ticket today for a different night (week on Friday) for TEN QUID. There's no excuse for that not being sold out, it's not even a big venue and it's TEN QUID a ticket!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
He's ace. Some of his stand up shows are on Netflix, and they're deffo worth a watch.

Speaking of Leicester Square, I'm going to see Stewart Lee there in a few of weeks time. I've had my ticket for months (as I like being super-prepared), but my brother just texted that he bought a ticket today for a different night (week on Friday) for TEN QUID. There's no excuse for that not being sold out, it's not even a big venue and it's TEN QUID a ticket!

Oooooo! I might have to do that. He's great. CRW cracked me up.

Oooooo! I might have to do that. He's great. CRW cracked me up.

Haha, yeah I saw that one too. Tres funny.

Still quote the jungle canyon rope bridge bit with friends on occasion. And of course "A man ran out to meet me and he had staplers for hands, a hole punch for a mouth..." (when he goes to 'Office World')

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, yeah I saw that one too. Tres funny.

Still quote the jungle canyon rope bridge bit with friends on occasion. And of course "A man ran out to meet me and he had staplers for hands, a hole punch for a mouth..." (when he goes to 'Office World')

That whole Bill Hicks breakdown had me in stitches... "Wish I was dead."

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Going to another meet in Manc on Saturday. After that I should be going up to Leeds to hang out with a GAFer over the weekend.

afoni

Banned
CHEEZMO™;95969620 said:
Going to another meet in Manc on Saturday. After that I should be going up to Leeds to hang out with a GAFer over the weekend.

manchester meet oh man who's gonna be there

Symphonia

Banned
My ex has bought me tickets to see Funeral For A Friend in Cardiff in April. I'm genuinely surprised by this and so, so pumped for the gig, as she knows FFAF are my favourite band. Excite!

afoni

Banned
CHEEZMO™;95971558 said:
Dozens of people, probably. I don't know their names and you wouldn't know them anyway.

You can come if you like. I've always thrown open invitations in this thread.

i think i would know them tbh

Son Of D

So just to see how much the train fare would be for me to get to Newcastle from Dawlish and back for the March meet I looked online.

farecostxzssh.png

Ouch. Not surprised considering the distance. I think I'll wait until one's a little closer.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
My ex has bought me tickets to see Funeral For A Friend in Cardiff in April. I'm genuinely surprised by this and so, so pumped for the gig, as she knows FFAF are my favourite band. Excite!
Why is she spending so much money on you? There is more to her than you have made out me thinks
So just to see how much the train fare would be for me to get to Newcastle from Dawlish and back for the March meet I looked online.

farecostxzssh.png

Ouch. Not surprised considering the distance. I think I'll wait until one's a little closer.
Come to the London one, also I'm in Dawlish on the 16th January if you fancy a pint
CHEEZMO™;95969620 said:
Woooooooooo for youuuuuuuuuuu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom