• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Back in the office today after weeks out, feels fucking weird to be out of my house and not under some kind of influence. Not super enjoying it yet.

Also, a real kick in the balls, I seem to have lost my trademark hat that I have worn with pride since the year 2000. This makes me sad for sentimental reasons but also because my head was rilly cold this morning.

Happy New Year! My sleep cycle is so fucked, only had an hour and a half of sleep last night before going back to work today. Yay.

There's a rollergirls thing in Guildford on the 16th if you fancy it? :p actually that goes for everyone in the south, Rollergirls! 16th Feb! Guildford! Guaranteed hot ladies!

Go to this people! Go!

NinjaBoiX

First proper day back at work and I'm strolling down the beach. Employee of the month in waiting me.

8268PGR.jpg

Bonny.
Why isn't my birthday in the OP?? :'(
27th June right? It's there.
put klonoa's birthday in the op ninja
v1XbLz9.jpg

Finally managed to get a chance to watch 2013 Wipe, Doug Stanhope is my new hero.
Yeah, he's really good. Angry dude though!
What's everyone up to this week?
Going back to the gym and getting my eating habits back in check are my main tasks.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
First proper day back at work and I'm strolling down the beach. Employee of the month in waiting me.

8268PGR.jpg

Bonny.

27th June right? It's there.

v1XbLz9.jpg

Yeah, he's really good. Angry dude though!

Going back to the gym and getting my eating habits back in check are my main tasks.

Damn you and your scenic views Ninja!!

My view this morning was a choccablock dual carriage way and sheets of rain. Cheered up for a bit, now getting grey again. My office is cold as FUCK as well, brrrrr.

We need to get back into the BGAF swing of posting shit during work hours. I need distractions...

So, how about that Sherlock eh? I quite enjoyed it last night although this season is shaking out a bit light on the mysteries.

And Big Brother as well - I watched for 20 minutes last night and saw not-Megan Fox's boobs at least 3 times. That's good value for me as a viewer.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I had a dream that I lived in a GAF utopia last night but after the overall glamour of it wore off I realised I was trapped here so I hacked the elevator to get out but it didn't work. Then Evilore invoiced me for $1000 for vandalising the elevator and if I didn't pay it in under a year he'd perma my GAF account

Blink Me

Hi everybody

When's you Birthday: March 14th
Where do you live: Norfolk
Occupation/University: Admin
Favourite Actor/Actress: Clint Eastwood/Christina Hendricks
Favourite Band/Artist: blink-182
Favourite TV Show: Futurama
Favourite Crisps: Salt and Vinegar
Favourite Biscuit: Chocolate Digestives
Favourite Pokémon: Slowpoke
Ant or Dec: Ant
Beano or Dandy: I loved both but preferred Dandy

Son Of D

Come to the London one, also I'm in Dawlish on the 16th January if you fancy a pint

London is best for me, it's a decent distance but not too bad. When is the next London meet anyway? I see nothing in the OP in the near future.

As for the pint, I'll be up for that. I'll PM you nearer the time to set up a time and place.

jimbor

Banned
He's ace. Some of his stand up shows are on Netflix, and they're deffo worth a watch.

Speaking of Leicester Square, I'm going to see Stewart Lee there in a few of weeks time. I've had my ticket for months (as I like being super-prepared), but my brother just texted that he bought a ticket today for a different night (week on Friday) for TEN QUID. There's no excuse for that not being sold out, it's not even a big venue and it's TEN QUID a ticket!

He seems to be there fairly regularly so maybe some people have got bored of his act. It's undeniably clever and very funny at times but I wouldn't say I'm a massive fan, despite having seen him live three times.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
CHEEZMO™;95971558 said:
Dozens of people, probably. I don't know their names and you wouldn't know them anyway.

You can come if you like. I've always thrown open invitations in this thread.

I'll be there. Don't tell me when or where it is. I just know these kinds of things.

First day back at work since the 20th and I have a hospital appointment this afternoon.

Our network is incredibly shit here and it's gotten worse over Christmas, it's seriously impacting my ability to work.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
He seems to be there fairly regularly so maybe some people have got bored of his act. It's undeniably clever and very funny at times but I wouldn't say I'm a massive fan, despite having seen him live three times.

I saw him in Guildford recently and he spent at least 20 minutes ripping the piss out of the town, offending my friend. I thought it was hilarious.

As a fatty and desperate for validation, I'm more of a Richard Herring man myself. Going to see him in Aldershot in March, can't wait.

NinjaBoiX

We need to get back into the BGAF swing of posting shit during work hours. I need distractions...
Agreed, this thread has been so slow of late. Post some bullshit mindfarts people! Amuse your fellow Britons with whimsical flights of fancy or humorous observations.
Hi everybody

Willkommen.
London is best for me, it's a decent distance but not too bad. When is the next London meet anyway? I see nothing in the OP in the near future.
See I like this guy, he actually checks the OP before asking redundant questions. Some of you could learn a thing or two from Son Of D, take note.
You can all come down to South London for a mini meet for my birthday.
When is your birthday? I've just noticed it isn't in the OP. Sacrilege!
Yeah, Stewart Lee is an acquired taste, his humour is irreverent and subversive. I'm still not sure how funny I think he is.

I loved Fist of Fun and Good Morning with Richard not Judy though. The Curious Orange, Pete The Lifestyle Expert, Simon Quinlank the hobby guy (drink your flask of weak lemon drink, NOW!), Pause for Thought for The Day, etc. Funny shit.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah, Stewart Lee is an acquired taste, his humour is irreverent and subversive. I'm still not sure how funny I think he is.

I loved Fist of Fun and Good Morning with Richard not Judy though. The Curious Orange, Pete The Lifestyle Expert, Simon Quinlank the hobby guy (drink your flask of weak lemon drink, NOW!), Pause for Thought for The Day, etc. Funny shit.

Aw yeah, Fist of Fun bump! I AM ROD HULL AND I LUUUUURVE JELLEH <3 Kevin Eldon

Herring does a neat line in podcasts, kinda the english WTF pod, but with more Shrek references. Mucho recommendo.

Hi everybody

Hi Blink Me! Welcome to BestGaf. You have the same birthday as my boyfriend, which is also steak and a blowjob day, lucky you!

As for the pint, I'll be up for that. I'll PM you nearer the time to set up a time and place.

It's BritGaf on tour this year, so the first two major meets are being arranged up North (Newcastle) in March and West (Cardiff) in June. I'm sure we can sort out some mini meets in London town in between though, as there'll probably be some people who can't make those, and London does seem to have the largest proportion of Gaffers.

You can all come down to South London for a mini meet for my birthday.

Done, I'm in.

Mikeside

I'd post more & do my part to keep this thread lubed up, but I'm becoming more aware of how much I just post bullshit about what I'm up to & it ends up all sounding the same so I just keep it to Whatsapp most of the time.

In the interest of speeding the thread up, though:

Things are going really well with Zahra.
We met at the last LondonGAF meet at Last Resort & had a bit of a dance then I went to meet her for a quick drink a week later. We really clicked, which hasn't been the case for me lately.

Her plans for NYE fell through, so she ended up coming to a new years party with a big group of my friends which was awesome because she really got on with everyone (her and Kev - my closest friend - got on like a house on fire) & it showed me she could be confident, social and fun in a bit of an intimidating setting. I kind of expected her to be glued to me all night, what with her not knowing anyone else, but that absolutely wasn't the case. We suffered our hangovers together the next day & I dropped her off to get her train back to London.

That catches us up to this weekend, which was a great start to the year for me - I took her out for a date-weekend in London where we went on the Eye, did the aquarium, had trendy burgers & Mexican food and wandered around a few pubs in Vauxhall/Shoreditch.

She's pretty fucking cool & we're getting on extremely well. I can't remember feeling this well-at-ease so quickly with somebody I've been dating for a long, long time.

2014, you guise.

TL;DR
congrats_on_the_sex_by_musicrocks852-d3hh2l8.jpg

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Way to go buddy, I am genuinely happy that your life is nicely on track this year. tbh, I expect even proving that you're capable of dating random ladies is a big enough win. So well done :)

also, checked my bank (cue minor panic attack since I've not checked in since mid december lol), actually doing alright financially this month so I think I can safely come out next weekend if you like. We should come up with a plan.

edit: random music opinion - Razor is a top 5 Foo Fighters song. so good.

NinjaBoiX

I never believed people when they used to tell me that but whoever made the rule for that day is awesome. Although I prefer chicken to steak.
I never got a steak on steak and BJ day, previous girlfriends have been uniformly awful cooks, it was simply a guarantee of getting piped off.

Ironically the only ex capable of cooking a decent steak gave terrible head.
It's the first one, I wouldn't insult this thread by using mm/dd. ;)
Cool.

Well, not cool, as I can't make it. But cool, now I know BGBW's birthday.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Agreed, this thread has been so slow of late. Post some bullshit mindfarts people! Amuse your fellow Britons with whimsical flights of fancy or humorous observations.

Sorry! I'm back in work tomorrow, so expect an increased rate of posting which borders on spam.

1. I might come to the Newcastle meet.

2. How good are 'There Will Be Blood' and 'The Master'? I mean, like, really? They're so good.

3. Hello Blink.

NinjaBoiX

I'm not really going to have time, I don't think :(

I know you really wanna do it Tash, go for it :)
It's not a dissertation mike, it's some pretty pics and copy a pasta text!
Sorry! I'm back in work tomorrow, so expect an increased rate of posting which borders on spam.

2. How good are 'There Will Be Blood' and 'The Master'? I mean, like, really? They're so good.

3. Hello Blink.
TWBB is amazing, wasn't as fond on The Master, it was too weird.

But yes, come to the Nexcastle meet!

Blink Me

I never got a steak on steak and BJ day, previous girlfriends have been uniformly awful cooks, it was simply a guarantee of getting piped off.

Ironically the only ex capable of cooking a decent steak gave terrible head.

Thankfully I've only ever had one bad blowjob. I think I was that girls first time but she sucked a bit too hard.

It's the guy's version of Valantine's Day, so they just made it a month later.

I did not know that.

Bit of a dilemma, someone has just put me down as a reference (despite me telling them a few months ago when they asked that I wouldn't be a great reference and that I refuse to be one). Person is quite clumsy/ lazy and has ruined their previous jobs through stupid means (accidentally breaking stuff/ not turning up) however is a nice person with a great heart and I do think they genuinely worry about working.

Part of me thinks they are taking the piss a bit since I was quite up front and told them I shouldn't be a reference but now that they have called my bluff I cant be a prick. Despite knowing that they will eventually fuck things up, I cant just refuse to... or give a bad reference to a friend. I really don't know what I should do in this situation.

I work in an industry where reputation and word of mouth is key, I doubt a 'false' reference would affect me seeing as though that person is just going for retail type work (I think) but I wouldn't want to risk it.

3. Hello Blink.

They are good. So good.

Thankfully I've only ever had one bad blowjob. I think I was that girls first time but she sucked a bit too hard.

I did not know that.

Musha_Soturi - full of usless information since 1981

Bit of a dilemma, someone has just put me down as a reference (despite me telling them a few months ago when they asked that I wouldn't be a great reference and that I refuse to be one). Person is quite clumsy/ lazy and has ruined their previous jobs through stupid means (accidentally breaking stuff/ not turning up) however is a nice person with a great heart and I do think they genuinely worry about working.

Part of me thinks they are taking the piss a bit since I was quite up front and told them I shouldn't be a reference but now that they have called my bluff I cant be a prick. Despite knowing that they will eventually fuck things up, I cant just refuse to... or give a bad reference to a friend. I really don't know what I should do in this situation.

I work in an industry where reputation and word of mouth is key, I doubt a 'false' reference would affect me seeing as though that person is just going for retail type work (I think) but I wouldn't want to risk it.

I would say never give a bad reference. You can refuse to give one, but if you don't want to do that then just give a very standard plain reference. I'm sure if you google it you can find a template or something somewhere.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Cool.

Well, not cool, as I can't make it. But cool, now I know BGBW's birthday.
Well I didn't really expect anyone to be able to make it even if I delayed it to the next weekend because it is such short notice. I mean I'm more than happy to go out for a bite to eat with a few GAFers.

They are good. So good.

Musha_Soturi - full of usless information since 1981

I would say never give a bad reference. You can refuse to give one, but if you don't want to do that then just give a very standard plain reference. I'm sure if you google it you can find a template or something somewhere.

Refusing to give a reference is about as bad as not giving one. Im sure that silence speaks louder than words. I guess I will see what happens closer to the time.
Meh editing out the rest.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
roses are red
violets are blue
i never knew what love was
until i met you

from haddaway

I'm afraid of the dark
Especially when I'm in a park
And there's no one else around
Ooh, I get the shivers