• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit

Knows the Score
ghosttoast.jpg

Son Of D

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I've been watching Simpsons
So I choo-choo-choose you

It's BritGaf on tour this year, so the first two major meets are being arranged up North (Newcastle) in March and West (Cardiff) in June. I'm sure we can sort out some mini meets in London town in between though, as there'll probably be some people who can't make those, and London does seem to have the largest proportion of Gaffers.

Alrighty. Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to keep an eye out on news regarding upcoming mini meets.

edit: random music opinion - Razor is a top 5 Foo Fighters song. so good.

Good choice on that. I'm fond of In Your Honour (the song that is, although the album had some neat songs). Hard to say what my favourite song from them is though.

It's the first one, I wouldn't insult this thread by using mm/dd. ;)

Too late for me as well. I'll remember this for next year though.

oh god valentines day 2014

i wonder if anyone will send me an anonymous valentine

I got one in the post once back in year 8 complete with a 'roses are red' variation. It was either from a) someone taking the mickey or b) a really creepy bastard who watched me in the cafeteria. Either way it went to Surrey and back before it got to me, so it arrived a month late.

The guy who forwarded it onto me attached a letter saying that she must be really into me too. Haha.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
This is what he got me. Card unrelated. Thanks again, buddy! It sits proudly atop the tower on my desk at work. Every one of my coworkers who wish to receive technical assistance must first face the wrath of Tyrael and his interesting fact cards (which change daily! Another SS gift, don't ask)!

jimbor

Banned
I never believed people when they used to tell me that but whoever made the rule for that day is awesome. Although I prefer chicken to steak.

Get out.

Way to go buddy, I am genuinely happy that your life is nicely on track this year. tbh, I expect even proving that you're capable of dating random ladies is a big enough win. So well done :)

also, checked my bank (cue minor panic attack since I've not checked in since mid december lol), actually doing alright financially this month so I think I can safely come out next weekend if you like. We should come up with a plan.

edit: random music opinion - Razor is a top 5 Foo Fighters song. so good.

You misspelt Everlong or This is a Call.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I went to work today. I have a proper job now. It was good.

There's a pool table. I already lost twice over lunch.
That's awesome. I always thought a pool, air hockey or Foosball table at work would be an awesome way to spend breaks.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
That's awesome. I always thought a pool, air hockey or Foosball table at work would be an awesome way to spend breaks.

I would like old arcade machines. That would be amazing.

We have a 'break-out area' with colourful chairs and tables with interesting business magazines on. I go to the coffee shop around the corner.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So I picked up Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen since it was free on PS+ this month. Shit is like crack cocaine. Haven't had this much fun with combat since Dark Souls. I really love exploring in this game. Still only messed around in the starting areas but I'm trying to pace myself so I don't miss out on any quests. I love the Shadow of the Colossus type mechanics for large enemies. Also really like how you can pick up pretty much anything in the environment and throw it. Throwing a boulder at a group of goblins and having them knock into each other was a fun moment.
I would like old arcade machines. That would be amazing.

We have a 'break-out area' with colourful chairs and tables with interesting business magazines on. I go to the coffee shop around the corner.
Pretty much the same here. I just eat my lunch at my desk like the sad little IT goblin that I am most days.

It's quite nice. Fairly small company, but big building so there's a break room. Yet to be properly renovated, but it's cool. Nice to have a friendly extra space, without being as over the top and quirky as some of the American nonsense.

Symphonia

Banned
Felt good going to work today in my usual work attire with the addition of Converse, as opposed to my usual shoe wear. I looked a bit like a Doctor Who reject but I liked it, felt quite relaxed actually. Amazing what a pair of trainers can do for you, eh?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It's quite nice. Fairly small company, but big building so there's a break room. Yet to be properly renovated, but it's cool. Nice to have a friendly extra space, without being as over the top and quirky as some of the American nonsense.
Google's office cafe & bar:

google-break-room.jpg

google-office-design.jpeg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I got a message about BGBWs SS - should be turning up this week. Sent him a text but no response :(

BGBW, check yo phone
I've got nothing. My phone is right next to me and it will keep alerting me until I check it.

But if it's a bit delayed then I'm happy wait. I only brought it up Saturday because of the 5th Jan deadline.

Guess I should set up a WhatsApp account.

Mikeside

I've got nothing. My phone is right next to me and it will keep alerting me until I check it.

But if it's a bit delayed then I'm happy wait. I only brought it up Saturday because of the 5th Jan deadline.

Guess I should set up a WhatsApp account.

..... I sent it to the wrong fucking person. Sorry dude!
And yes, get on the WhatsApp asap

NinjaBoiX

You misspelt Everlong or This is a Call.

I'm not the biggest Foo Fighters fan (at all) but there's maybe five or six songs I really like by them. Everlong is top of the list. What a song.
Easily top 5 material, what a love song man. That line at the start of the second verse:

"Breathe out,
So I can breathe you in,"

So understated but really evocative.

Obvious choice, but I'm always a sucker for The Pretender, that chorus is so good. Completely overblown as fuck, but his vocal always pulls it off. I love the video too with the wall of red paint exploding from behind them on the last chorus.

If anyone fancies some fucked up TV, Channel 4 has you covered at 10pm.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Saw the username and then wondered "Is he/she a fan of...yup! nailed it!"

Sooooo Tash, this your 9th Britgaf dream now?
probably around that number! lol
London is best for me, it's a decent distance but not too bad. When is the next London meet anyway? I see nothing in the OP in the near future.

As for the pint, I'll be up for that. I'll PM you nearer the time to set up a time and place.
hell yeah
Bit of a dilemma, someone has just put me down as a reference (despite me telling them a few months ago when they asked that I wouldn't be a great reference and that I refuse to be one). Person is quite clumsy/ lazy and has ruined their previous jobs through stupid means (accidentally breaking stuff/ not turning up) however is a nice person with a great heart and I do think they genuinely worry about working.

Part of me thinks they are taking the piss a bit since I was quite up front and told them I shouldn't be a reference but now that they have called my bluff I cant be a prick. Despite knowing that they will eventually fuck things up, I cant just refuse to... or give a bad reference to a friend. I really don't know what I should do in this situation.

I work in an industry where reputation and word of mouth is key, I doubt a 'false' reference would affect me seeing as though that person is just going for retail type work (I think) but I wouldn't want to risk it.

Fun fact: It is illegal to give a BAD reference, they can sue for damages: info

Just give a bland one if you ask me say 'x is an honest worker who has worked here, here and here. He has a cat and likes playing squash'

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
He misspelt Nirvana.

Wait, Razor wasn't a Nirvana song was it? I know Marigolds was though (*old skool FF nerd alert).

What was that thing on four last night then? Was Netflix/TiVo-ing so rarely watch live telly. Currently watching American Horror Story 2 because the mrs loves it, it's aiight. Also watching Big Brother for the same reasons, plus boobs.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I liked it, they really nailed the drudgery of commuting to London, and office life. David and Sheridan do a really good job with the characters too.

I think Sheridan Smith is super attractive but man, that drama looked a bit too 'guardian reader with classy uplighting solution for the cozy flat' TV for me :p I watched some attention whores making out in a hot tub instead, keeping it real yo.

Bit bored today. Yesterday was pretty busy with first day back stuff, but I think I've climbed to the top of my work pile already, booo. Entertain me BGAF :)

NinjaBoiX

ScreamingMeat, nobody is suggesting that Foo's are better than Nirvana. At least I hope not.

I liked it, they really nailed the drudgery of commuting to London, and office life. David and Sheridan do a really good job with the characters too.

I think Sheridan Smith is super attractive but man, that drama looked a bit too 'guardian reader with classy uplighting solution for the cozy flat' TV for me :p
Yeah, I heard it was kind of bland and predictable, and Olivia Coleman was criminally underused. I watched Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives instead, proper classy telly.

:D

And yeah, Sheridan Smith be mighty fine.

I've got that weird man-doll thing on the sky box to watch tonight. *shudders*

8bit

Knows the Score
First day back after three weeks out of the office and thousands of kilometers travelled, I can't remember what I'm supposed to be doing and have instead worked on setting up a blog I was considering and seeding some posts for this. Wheee!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
First day back after three weeks out of the office and thousands of kilometers travelled, I can't remember what I'm supposed to be doing and have instead worked on setting up a blog I was considering and seeding some posts for this. Wheee!

I like the cut of your jib good sir. But wait - is the blog work related? If so, fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom