• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
ZoE90iC.gif

Sup.

Tash, didn't you get my message?
WB, friend. That is basically what I feel will happen to my car sooner or later.

Welcome back Steve. I promise it wasn't me who got you banned! I'm no Meadows. Glad to see it wasn't a long one.

I'm so freaking happy right now guys. I've just seen the tosser with the yappy dogs from downstairs heading out with the dogs and a couple of dog beds, I'm hoping this means they're gone for good!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
See, I don't get blown... you know, ever.
But I can play videogames with people on the internet pretty much whenever I want.
#smug #yolo #swagasfuck

Either get Payday 2 or buy me GUNCRAFT and you've got some MP action goin' on, son.
Also, you only message me on Steam when I'm not around. :(

Snive needs to set a rig up in a bedroom. No more living room TV hogging

It's not that I'm not allowed to play per se, it's just that I'm considerate. So I don't really ask, I more just tell her that this is a thing will be happening. Especially when playing multiplayer since I'm entirely incommunicado and using both Netflix devices at the same time (PS + iPad), and usually shouting too.

A relationship is a two way street.

Don't wanna play in the bedroom either, that place is for sleeping and sexing, haven't even got a tv in there.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm at college at the moment
but still I know the time will come
when I wanna get a job
but the pay is shit
and the excuse is that I'm still young

I didn't even get low grades
so why would I work for a low wage?
so you want me to work for a whole hour
and only get £4.90 no way!

https://myspace.com/littledavid001/music/song/no-job-explicit-45365997

1) this was a pretty good song but
2) I hope this song is in character because
3) he sounds like a right entitled little cunt.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
It's not on youtube.

I guess we have.

Youtube is the way forward, I hate non youtube music links with a passion, Who know's what dodgy viruses and such are on the internet when you explore outside the safe websites. Plus i have the plug in so i can listen to the links from the thread without having to open another tab and waste ram.

Come on Kent, that's f0rk's schtick.

Fork is to addicted to DOTA 2 to carry his own persona, So i gotta pick up the slack while he overcomes his addiction.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Yeah, in Edinburgh, you should come have a pint some time over the next few days if you can make it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Impromtu scotGAF meet go! Kent and Shorty and Lirlond (and other less vocal scots I'm sure), heed the clarion call!!

I remember now why I don't talk to my family.

was about to make a terrible joke but then realised I shouldn't because you're probably upset or summat. You OK?

EMPATHY

Kentpaul

Yeah, in Edinburgh, you should come have a pint some time over the next few days if you can make it.

I'l check the funds with the misses and see what i can do! Be sure to go to a bar right now because the Scotland vs England football match is about to start.

Impromtu scotGAF meet go! Kent and Shorty and Lirlond (and other less vocal scots I'm sure), heed the clarion call!!

was about to make a terrible joke but then realised I shouldn't because you're probably upset or summat. You OK?

EMPATHY

EMPATHY

I would tan of bottle of buckfast on the train heading to such a meet if one goes down in the next few days, It will be good to meet lorland finally too.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'l check the funds with the misses and see what i can do! Be sure to go to a bar right now because the Scotland vs England football match is about to start

And whatever you do EviLore, support Scotland! :D

--

have a whole evening to myself where I could be playing games but all I want to do is read Contact by Carl Sagan. Currently 3/4 through it and cannot put it down. Got the next three hours sorted aw yeah.

Symphonia

Banned
Jedeye Sniv said:
Was about to make a terrible joke but then realised I shouldn't because you're probably upset or summat. You OK?
Joke away, man. If anything I'm more amused by how pathetic my family are behaving lately.

Kentpaul

And whatever you do EviLore, support Scotland! :D

--

have a whole evening to myself where I could be playing games but all I want to do is read Contact by Carl Sagan. Currently 3/4 through it and cannot put it down. Got the next three hours sorted aw yeah.

Inb4 evilore pulled into the station with his new England shirt.

Fingers crossed for you too dude.

BritGAF on the up and up!

:D
And good luck to you too Little Old Man!
Good luck LOM and Musha too.

Rake in dem £££ so you can buy us all a fine lobster dinner next meet

Cheers guys. It's a basic one, but it'll be some honest work experience that will help oodles when I begin applying for grad jobs soon. Also the prospect of holidaying with the missus, TLOU, a 3DSXL and some clobber are very exciting.

I have spent the last week or so going insane trying to fix a bug that would only show up on IE8.

Until I found today that it's the corporate network on IE8 that had the issue, on another machine it works.

I'm half super relieved and want a drink to relax with, other half annoyed the stress put through thanks to my part-time employer's computers... but at least it's not for them so it doesn't matter. I think I just want to lie down and go "ahhhhhhhhhh"

I have spent the last week or so going insane trying to fix a bug that would only show up on IE8.

Until I found today that it's the corporate network on IE8 that had the issue, on another machine it works.

I'm half super relieved and want a drink to relax with, other half annoyed the stress put through thanks to my part-time employer's computers... but at least it's not for them so it doesn't matter. I think I just want to lie down and go "ahhhhhhhhhh"

Shit that must have been so annoying! My bro constantly had problems on IE when he was designing websites. Still, at least you know what the problem is now. I'd have that drink if I were you!

A level results tomorrow. Ohhh lordy lordy. The gaffer here who got positive stuff from his work as a teacher - nice job. It must be tough. Just praying for what I need...

EA Humble Bundle is too good, just too good. Dead Space 3 must've been an epic flop to not even be a BTA game six months after release.

I found a fiver in the street today, so essentially the Humble Bundle was free. Good times.

Oh yeah, best of luck to everyone getting their results. If it goes badly - it's not the only thing that matters, as people say.

However if you do well then well done there'll be a lot of "exams mean nothing and are pointless" crap tomorrow (and not just media dumbing down stuff) and hey, they are good for some stuff, well done you.

(Seriously, recent years people appear to have taken the 'exams aren't the be all and end all' thing to the extreme of 'exams are pointless results are meaningless' and well that's not nice for people who work hard and do well)

Irish state exam results were today. It's been eight years since I did my Leaving Cert and the thought of anything to do with it fills me with dread.

If you're getting results, best of luck. Life always takes twists and turns as time goes on, so bad results are far from the end of the world and good results won't necessarily set you up for life. If you can honestly say "I did my best", then you did well.

A level results tomorrow. Ohhh lordy lordy. The gaffer here who got positive stuff from his work as a teacher - nice job. It must be tough. Just praying for what I need...

As someone who didn't get into his first choice of university (AAC rather than ABB), don't let it spoil your day if you don't get exactly what you need. I was pissed off the whole week afterwards, rather than at least celebrating what I got.

I'm sure you'll be fine though!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I feel mega sympathy for people that don't get the grades that they want, seeing as tomorrow all I'm going to be doing is taking calls from people (mostly parents probably) that want remarks. Sometimes they sound utterly heartbroken, it's so sad.

Gonna be a long ass day.

Volotaire

Last year was the worst two weeks of my life. Missing my offer marginally (1-2 marks) was soul crushing, but I knew I still had a chance for the near same exact course at the same university next year. Here I am and it feels great.

Good luck to you guys tomorrow.

Try and persevere if the worst comes. Trust me, you could not have been as unlucky as me on the day.

Volotaire

But aren't they the same points? Unless you had to get a B in whatever you got a C in.

Some unis don't like to work that way. E.g A*AB does not equal AAA. they want equal credit across all subjects.

The universities I'm sure he is referring to are ones that do no use tariff point system, only grades.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Took the exams four or five years ago now. I did relatively well in my AS but A-levels were likely an utter failure as I basically said "fuck it" since I was being forced out of the country and wouldn't be allowed back into the UK for a year anyway. What stung the most was that I had an unconditional offer despite it all. That being said, I've not given up on school and have gotten perfect marks in all my courses in this last year of American community college in the lead up to getting computer science qualifications. So I suppose the lesson is, don't suicide over a bad result, but also don't give up on education unless you want to be working at a co-op or pub forever.

f0rk

Americans are mad salty they never got the chance to steal other countries cultural works
Actually they might not be American but whatever

TCRS

Banned
The unpopular opinions thread felt good. Got some things off my chest about how shit Bioware is and all those fucking american hero movies.

Mikeside

Took the exams four or five years ago now. I did relatively well in my AS but A-levels were likely an utter failure as I basically said "fuck it" since I was being forced out of the country and wouldn't be allowed back into the UK for a year anyway. What stung the most was that I had an unconditional offer despite it all. That being said, I've not given up on school and have gotten perfect marks in all my courses in this last year of American community college in the lead up to getting computer science qualifications. So I suppose the lesson is, don't suicide over a bad result, but also don't give up on education unless you want to be working at a co-op or pub forever.

As somebody that didn't go to uni, that's not quite true.
Sure, I'm not on great wages right now, but I'm doing an IT job that's giving me training that should put me on a pretty OK wage within the next couple of years.
There are plenty of options outside of sticking in education.

Not that uni isn't awesome, I wish I'd gone - there was just nothing I cared enough about to DO there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom