• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit

Knows the Score
Microsoft going for that prized geek demographic.

http://io9.com/microsoft-is-remaking-blakes-7-for-the-xbox-1141509974

blakes7-villa.jpg

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Brit gaf will always just be DAVE and CHINNER but we can all try and mooch into the realm.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Graphene is the new shit, and essentially a Manchester invention. Which building does he work from? I live opposite the UMIST Library.

Ooo. Hang on, I'll text him.

Also, do I need to fill in one of those forms from the OT? I just jumped in here and started butting into people's conversations!

Mikeside

I was unaware of a BritGAF D:

When's you Birthday: 27/08/88
Where do you live: Maidenhead
Where are you from: Maidenhead >_>
Occupation/University: MarComms
Favourite Actor/Actress: Cruise
Favourite Band/Artist: The Stranglers
Favourite TV Show: OFAH or more recently Boardwalk Empire
Favourite Crisps: Salt & Vinegar
Favourite Biscuit: Hobnob
Favourite Pokémon: the fire badger thing
Ant or Dec: Ant
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Stalagmites
Beano or Dandy: Viz

Welcome newbie!
You're pretty close to me and Jedeye - we're just over in Aldershot.

Also, do I need to fill in one of those forms from the OT? I just jumped in here and started butting into people's conversations!

You absolutely do. It's kind of the elephant in the room - everyone is pissed off and judging you but we're too polite to say

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
lol "some guy on the internet wants to know where you work!"

That should freak him out ;)

He's bordering on 'A Beautiful Mind' mental, so hopefully this will push him over the edge! XD Are you studying at MU yourself?

EDIT: He said Schuster and I have no idea what that means.

Only if at least one of the answers is about Walrus'...

I can do that.

When's you Birthday: 15th September
Where do you live: Rochester
Where are you from: Rochester
Occupation/University: I hunt Walrus' (naked, of course) and sell their heads for profit and fun.
Favourite Actor/Actress: Christopher Walken, although he doesn't really act.
Favourite Band/Artist: Nirvana
Favourite TV Show: The Wire/Deadwood/Extreme Walrus Hunting
Favourite Crisps: 3D Paprika Doritos (T-T)
Favourite Biscuit: Chocloate Hobnobs
Favourite Pokémon: Jigglypuff, a real man's Pokemon.
Ant or Dec: Whichever one will burn better under a magnifying glass.
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Walrus Mites.
Beano or Dandy: 2000AD.

You absolutely do. It's kind of the Walrus in the room - everyone is pissed off and judging you but we're too polite to say

So, no different to any normal social gathering I'm involved in. Marvellous. I believe I have fulfilled any social contractual obligations I might have incurred.

NinjaBoiX

Maybe too early to ask, but what time are people thinking of TLoUing tonight? If it's later on, I'll have to set up my PS3 downstairs as Lee goes to bed pretty early and we share a wall. Fuck it, maybe I'll just do that anyway.

Chillin with the Notts Lass over the weekend before meeting her parents on Monday. :O

Breathe Donkey, breathe! It'll be cool man, just turn on the charm.

Wait a sec, there's a short, cute redhead with a sexy bod and you haven't asked her out because..........??

The creep rule Musha, I must abide. I'm sure she's like 20 or something! Or maybe she just adheres to an exemplary skincare regime, who knows. And she's kind of überhot too; forget about out of my league, I'm sure she playing an entirely different sport!

And that's forgetting the inherent awkwardness of asking someone out while they're at work. If I see her on a night out though, I'm so up for getting gloriously shot down in flames in front of the lads. That's always fun!

Also, what is going on with the quote function on m.gaf? Why aren't my quotes highlighted in green anymore? Is it just me?

SteveWD40

He's bordering on 'A Beautiful Mind' mental, so hopefully this will push him over the edge! XD Are you studying at MU yourself?

No, I live nearby though and had heard of Graphene, I always wondered who the people in the building were at 2am on a Saturday night doing weird experiments.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I was unaware of a BritGAF D:

When's you Birthday: 27/08/88
Where do you live: Maidenhead
Where are you from: Maidenhead >_>
Occupation/University: MarComms
Favourite Actor/Actress: Cruise
Favourite Band/Artist: The Stranglers
Favourite TV Show: OFAH or more recently Boardwalk Empire
Favourite Crisps: Salt & Vinegar
Favourite Biscuit: Hobnob
Favourite Pokémon: the fire badger thing
Ant or Dec: Ant
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Stalagmites
Beano or Dandy: Viz
Hello ^_^ Welcome to our thread

i thought maidenhead was near me for some reason..

now im sad ;_;

Where did all the pompey people go?

As an update: got the grades I needed for university! Look out world. Just as well since I had nothing else in my mind, heh. If it wasn't so crazy humid out I'd be out partying but as it is I'm just sat here playing Ducktales with a crate of beer. It's better this way.

Also, as I never filled it out:

When's you Birthday: 29th November
Where do you live: Near Brighton
Where are you from: Brighton
Occupation/University: Student, soon to be at Sussex!
Favourite Actor/Actress: uh... I'd go with Will Arnett.
Favourite Band/Artist: Gamma Ray
Favourite TV Show: Game of Thrones
Favourite Crisps: Cheese and Onion
Favourite Biscuit: Custard creams, but only when eaten in a specific way ;)
Favourite Pokémon: Jigglypuff
Ant or Dec: Ant, he's the funnier one.
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Stalagmites are more fun and you're less likely to hit your head.
Beano or Dandy: Beano. But I liked the Dandy, RIP :(

The creep rule Musha, I must abide. I'm sure she's like 20 or something! Or maybe she just adheres to an exemplary skincare regime, who knows. And she's kind of überhot too; forget about out of my league, I'm sure she playing an entirely different sport!

And that's forgetting the inherent awkwardness of asking someone out while they're at work. If I see her on a night out though, I'm so up for getting gloriously shot down in flames in front of the lads. That's always fun!

Ah well if she's super young that's fair enough. Still, the creep rule is more of a guide and I'm sure there are circumstances where the rule can be bent slightly. Like, if the person is uber hot! As for leagues, pshhh that's ridiculous. I may be biased but I think you're hot, and kind and funny and interesting and I'll stop now but you get the idea. Any girl would be damn lucky to bag a guy like you.

You could wait for the off chance you see her on a night out, but why wait? Just start off by having a conversation with her and see how that goes. If she responds well, just ask her out! The worst that can happen is she says no, and that's better than just always lusting after her from afar.

Edit: Congrats Snarfington!

Mikeside

Yeah, that's not far at all really. I used to pop over to Guildford a fair bit when I was younger.

I never used to go out in Guildford to be fair - I used to live nearer Reading so that was my semi-regular haunt. Any good places to go in Guildford these days?

EDIT: He said Schuster and I have no idea what that means.
I can do that.
So, no different to any normal social gathering I'm involved in. Marvellous. I believe I have fulfilled any social contractual obligations I might have incurred.

Best answers yet, you win some kind of useless prize.
TBD.

Anyone want Origin / Steam keys for:

Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box
Dead Space
Dead Space 3 (Origin only)
Mirrors Edge

?

If nobody takes the Dead Space 3 or Burnout keys, I have a friend who would love them, but prioritize GAFers over that :)

I never used to go out in Guildford to be fair - I used to live nearer Reading so that was my semi-regular haunt. Any good places to go in Guildford these days?

No idea. I haven't been to Guildford for around 5 years. Same with Reading, even if it is right next door. These days when I go on a night out I just pop on the train and head to London. Otherwise it's the local.

NinjaBoiX

Lollipop Dave, Screaming Meat and Snarfington, bdays updated in the OP.

And congrats Snarfington! Good for you man.
I may be biased but I think you're hot, and kind and funny and interesting and I'll stop now but you get the idea. Any girl would be damn lucky to bag a guy like you.
Aww Musha...

gif-hayley-williams-18016228-330-194.gif

That made my day, seriously! I mean, I know this, but it's nice to hear.

;)

Right back at you fräulein!

Also, are any m.gaf users noticing the lack of highlighted quotes now? What about you Musha?

This fucking sucks, Second chance at going to uni, and I'm straight into clearing anyway, but I can't find anything that interests me. Everything good is gone, and how the hell do you choose a course when you know nothing about it or the university anyway?

Why is this all so janky?

Kentpaul

Übermatik;76485827 said:
This fucking sucks, Second chance at going to uni, and I'm straight into clearing anyway, but I can't find anything that interests me. Everything good is gone, and how the hell do you choose a course when you know nothing about it or the university anyway?

Get a trade bro and become a man's man and not an office mushroom.

Aww Musha...

That made my day, seriously! I mean, I know this, but it's nice to hear.

;)

Right back at you fräulein!

Also, are any m.gaf users noticing the lack of highlighted quotes now? What about you Musha?

I only speak the truth.

I've actually mainly been on Gaf on the work pc today, but I just looked and yeah, quotes no longer highlighted for me either.

I reckon Evi got really drunk in Edinburgh and did something without realising while inhebriated!

Get a trade bro and become a man's man and not an office mushroom.

I... what?

I'm looking at doing illustration, I think... but I've now kind of decided that I think i'll have a year out, find out exactly what it is I want to go into and save up some moolah. Then I can hit the ground running next year and hopefully get into somewhere I actually want to go to, instead of choosing some random course.

Kentpaul

Übermatik;76486123 said:
I... what?

I'm looking at doing illustration, I think... but I've now kind of decided that I think i'll have a year out, find out exactly what it is I want to go into and save up some moolah. Then I can hit the ground running next year and hopefully get into somewhere I actually want to go to, instead of choosing some random course.

460px-PalmercarpenterA.jpg

VS

boring-office-j0174964.jpg

A man's man > an office man. Big muscles bro

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Kent, can I be in your brain for just a day

Anyone want Origin / Steam keys for:

Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box
Dead Space
Dead Space 3 (Origin only)
Mirrors Edge

?
hahahaha I was going to do this also today

only origin keys I want are DS3 and the sims...

if anyone else wants some on that list pm meeeeee ^_^
i thought maidenhead was near me for some reason..

now im sad ;_;

Hi! If only Maidenhead was by the coast. It would be a much nicer place.

I have a few friends who studied at Portsmouth. One of them decided to stay there, works in a place called The cellars(?) I think.
Ah yes I am familiar! Used to jog past it when I first moved here... never drank there though!

I lived near a place called Maidencombe for a bit so i thought it was near there!

I'm lurking. I enjoy living vicariously through everyone else's posts.
Sneaky man

Who's your favourite character
Übermatik;76485827 said:

Same here man, you don't have to go, but for the experience and all that..I would! I mean I am going to most probably when I turn 21 ^_^
Not going to spend over 10 grand to do something I aint ready to do yet >_>

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Absolutely fuck all.
And I really couldn't be more excited about it.

Going to chill. Probably wear my PJ trousers all day, maybe get some chicken wings delivered, play some vidyagames, smoke some herbal remedia and listen to some sweet, sweet summer tunes.

sounds like what I'm doing :) fancy some multiplayer at some point on saturday maybe?

--

Fuck guys, today is STRESSFUL. One of the sinews in my neck keeps twitching. Constant phone calls and visitors to the office, can barely even take a request before getting another one. Need a smoke and a cup of tea desperately!

xist

Übermatik;76485827 said:

Do not just apply for anything....find something you want to do (that's full up), find the Uni you'd like to go to (realistically) and then call them asking about any form of early entry or entry based on drop outs or no shows. Failing that find out if you can take any actions to guarantee you a place next year.

Kentpaul

CHEEZMO™;76486367 said:
So Kent's into muscle bears, eh?

I'm into chicks but i would clearly go for a muscle man if i was Gheyy! His big muscles would keep me warm at night.

Same here man, you don't have to go, but for the experience and all that..I would! I mean I am going to most probably when I turn 21 ^_^
Not going to spend over 10 grand to do something I aint ready to do yet >_>

Yeah man, me too - except I've already done it once :p

Ah well, like I said, choosing a random course with no real expectations or preparation seems really daft to me. As much as living another year with my parents hurts, I'm going to just have to use this time to get ready for next year! I'll be 20/21 when I start again too...

Do not just apply for anything....find something you want to do (that's full up), find the Uni you'd like to go to (realistically) and then call them asking about any form of early entry or entry based on drop outs or no shows. Failing that find out if you can take any actions to guarantee you a place next year.

The latter, now, I think. It doesn't help that I don't know myself what I want to do, so that's top of the list right now!

Recall

Sorry on my phone here but is there a UK buy/sell/trade thread for non game stuff? Trying to downsize my collectables and eBay seems to have a few too many liars and thieves for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom