• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god I'm completely stuck on the 'supporting information' section of a job application.

Unless you've already covered the following, then mention why you think the company would be a great one to work for, make them aware you know something about the company. Flatter the reader basically.

That or staple 50 quid to the application form.

Unless you've already covered the following, then mention why you think the company would be a great one to work for, make them aware you know something about the company. Flatter the reader basically.

That or staple 50 quid to the application form.

It's for a position within the NHS and I've been told to read the person specification and explain how I exceed or meet the requirements, correct?

NinjaBoiX

An Ode To Peanut Butter

Peanut butter looks
Like runny shit from a dog's
Arse but not as nice
Evocative and heartfelt, but the phrasing and cadence are somewhat awkward.

6/10

Not as good as Mike's.

But better than Musha's by default, her's was a structural failure. (but it was cute). ;)

An ode to peanut butter

Peanut butter how I love thee
In chocolate or candy you're very nice
But your smell makes me want to stick my nose in a vice

Played the 3DS XL demo unit in HMV today. How I long for one.

It's for a position within the NHS and I've been told to read the person specification and explain how I exceed or meet the requirements, correct?

So the details for the additional info question are asking how well you fit the specification requirements?

NinjaBoiX

Nice poem DS, but I'm looking for haiku's. (5-7-5 syllable verse structure)

xist gets bonus points for "anaphylaxis".

Welp, today sucked.

On the light side, though, we're on page sixty-nine.

Giggidy.
OT4 > all others
What are you, a junior? *chortle*
50ppp fo lyfe.
And Ninja, I already explained why my structure was correct.
PZmzW8C.gif

Not watching BB tonight, still fucking about, I won't have time.

Please discuss responsibly!

afoni

Banned
it just suddenly dawned on me that you guys are actually real and not figments of my imagination

this shit just got kind of weird

afoni

Banned
I dunno, man. Sometimes it just feels like all we're doing here is watching a bunch of robots talk to each other with no other purpose but to re-enact humanity but on the internet.

Like, cyber solipsism or some shit.

Symphonia

Banned
It just suddenly dawned on me that you guys are actually real and not figments of my imagination.

This shit just got kind of weird.
I know that feel. It's a strange feeling to know that everyone on NeoGAF, particularly everyone in this thread, is an actual human being with conscious minds and is living and breathing just like me. I know that sounds stupid but you know what I mean.

Jordan

So, I've decided to stop rambling as much as I do on facebook about my life and shit. Which means I may post a lot of random shit on here, if I get on anybody's tits - please let me know and I will stop.

I had an okay day, I discovered that after three years of living in my overdraft that I may finally be out of it next month and the only thing left outstanding is a ridiculous loan. I also learned, that if everything stays as is this month, then I will easily have £300 left over (from my overdraft) meaning I can save between £300-£500 a month depending on my nights out and video game addiction. Meaning, after the three years of paying my loan off - I could have a decent amount saved - obviously taking into account random outgoings for the car, potential purchases etc I could have over £5,000 saved - I know this means being completely sensible and not wanking away money on pointless things like computers, laptops or ridiculous amounts of games. Also, this is in the hope that I can actually get past my probation period at work and that they keep me employed, and not taking into account raises and what-not. It's sort of made me feel slightly more positive about my life, that hopefully sooner rather than later I will be able to afford to move out, it will be a lot sooner if I find someone who can replace my ex.

My original life plan isn't going how I planned it, I knew I would probably still live at home by the time I was 22, but I thought that I would of actually owned my car albeit a shit car or a jaguar, I thought I would own that with no debt. I didn't expect to get in debt, it was one of my main reasoning for not going to university. But, I'm hoping I can get it back on track, maybe not so much of the family shit but at least owning a car and potentially having a mortgage on a flat or house - Unfortunately, that would involve moving, but one thought that goes round in my head as of current is that there is absolutely nothing keeping me around here any more - I drive, I can see my family when I want. Same with some of the people that I class as 'friends' - At least I can manage to make some new friends with how comfortable I feel socializing now compared to the person I was two years ago, I got chucked in the deep end on several occasions where I had to force myself to be social just to get on with my life:
1. I had to do consultancy to actually survive paying off my loan and car insurance and fuel, the school chucked me in a completely new environment, filled with new colleagues, new staff and a lot of staff were complete cunts - they hated outsiders, if you weren't employed by the school, it was difficult as hell to get a conversation out of any of them - and somehow, me the shy boy managed to make friends.
2. My new job, I wasn't made aware of what my job actually consisted of until my first day of starting - I knew it was a technical support role and that I would be manning a three man helpdesk, what I was not aware was that I was the face of the helpdesk meaning that if anyone had a problem or issue - I would be the first contact, I would be the one to arrive on scene to investigate their issues.
These situations were both terrifying and exciting for me. It put me in situations that I have never been in before, so I decided to go with it and I decided that I would meet Mike(iammikeside) and Jed, in an environment I was not used to, in a location I had never traveled to before - just pushing myself that little bit further, I was probably quite shy and timid and probably didn't speak all that much, but the fact I was there felt like a huge fucking improvement for me.
Then I came to the first meet, I met and spoke to a lot of people, with me turning up meeting a shit load of new people an achievement on its own, but the fact I spoke to a lot of people made me feel like I was finally getting past the stages of being this shy and timid boy, and actually growing a pair and managing to speak to strangers.

/TLDR - I was shy, I'm not as shy any more and the story above is how I overcame it.

On a completely different note, I just watched Hard Candy, man that film is seriously fucked up - but I really liked it. Ellen Page is just something else.

NinjaBoiX

Jordan

stop-stop.gif

Nah, I just love any excuse to use that gif!

It's good that you are making progress buddy, it sounds like you are getting yourself back on the right track.

Good form fella!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
awww shit, y'all watching attack on titan? I keep getting told to watch that primarily for the theme intro but I ain't watchin' some Japanese Gulliver's Travels clone.
Main reason the OP is popular is because of all the mashup (or MADs to use Niconico termonology) videos it spawns. Like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDHCLjuOzXY

Kiniro Mosaic is more important, you are right.

Never let anyone tell you otherwise.
Homepride Fred makes an appearance in it. You know that makes it better than most other shows.

Installed Helvetica Neue for some design job I'm doing. (I like this client, loads of jobs). Now the internet looks stretched. I'm too used to Arial.

Quidam

Any idea why audio on Netflix is so bad? Watching Breaking Bad and literally had to put subtitles on, whereas if I 'download the episode from elsewhere' and play through the TV, the audio is fine?

Is it because the Netflix audio track is apparently stereo, not surround?

f0rk

Any idea why audio on Netflix is so bad? Watching Breaking Bad and literally had to put subtitles on, whereas if I 'download the episode from elsewhere' and play through the TV, the audio is fine?

Is it because the Netflix audio track is apparently stereo, not surround?

Normally I have no problem but I found this last episode of Breaking Bad quite awful in this respect, I thought it was because there were a lot of whispering for tension.

afoni

Banned
Normally I have no problem but I found this last episode of Breaking Bad quite awful in this respect, I thought it was because there were a lot of whispering for tension.

That was exactly it. I had to turn the volume up for that scene.

NinjaBoiX

It's too early, why did I come to work so early! There was condensation on the van windscreen this morning and everything. It was eerily silent leaving the house too.

I'm sitting here in the van, yawning constantly. Make it stop!

I'm supposed to be on lates tonight.

4pm *phone off* lol.

Good morning Gaf!

It's nice and quiet in work today, quite a few people off so should be able to get lots of work done! (Or just browse Gaf more ;P)

Mikeside

Morning GAF!
Woke up this morning & realized I can't play Saints Row 4 tonight because I'm out playing boardgames. I can see myself getting home at midnight and playing anyway, so I'm going to try and have a super-productive day at work today & make tomorrow as easy as possible.
That's kind of like being responsible, right?

Jordan

Morning GAF!
Woke up this morning & realized I can't play Saints Row 4 tonight because I'm out playing boardgames. I can see myself getting home at midnight and playing anyway, so I'm going to try and have a super-productive day at work today & make tomorrow as easy as possible.
That's kind of like being responsible, right?

It's not out until Friday. It depressed me :(

Why are there so many temptations! Rudimental tickets go on sale Friday... There goes the remainder of my money! Bastards

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Morning, GAF.

Last night I was watching a bit of slap-stick kung-fu and stroking the missus' hair. All was right with the world, you know? Now I'm only 2 cigarettes and 1coffee into the Dead Zone (read: morning hours). Double that up and I should be nice and human again.

Well... human, at least.

Well... as close to human as I ever get.

Fuck mornings. Right.. to work!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Morning gaf, I will start drinking soon with friends before hopping on the mini bus to see EMINEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom