• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing in the world ever.

Agreed.

Pics of me frolicking in the sea

B6wZKMK.jpg

lhxqy4R.jpg

SKINNER!

Banned
Main reason the OP is popular is because of all the mashup (or MADs to use Niconico termonology) videos it spawns. Like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDHCLjuOzXY

What a start to the day. Just perfect!

Morning all, my Tuesday Costa caramel mocha tastes like boiled water with a hint of caramel. well gutted /firstworldproblem.

Work colleague is complaining because she discovered her neighbours trashed the hallways and broke some door this morning.

"They were up until 4pm partying."
"So? Just a party"
"It's their 4th one this month. it was a Monday night. The whole building reeks of pot"
"Oh...yeah, call the cops."

Anyone got any asshole neighbours stories? Fortunately, I've never had terrible neighbours ever but when I was younger my family did seem to have a distaste for the family across the street. Their son would constantly play football in the street and we discovered our back car window was smashed. They denied it but my parents didn't buy it. Never escalated beyond giving each other filthy looks tbh. I personally never had anything against them.

Volotaire

Anyone bought a phone through Dial a Phone?

How do they provide cash back? In the form of cheque, through crediting you account or by some kind of voucher/airtime credit?

Anyone bought a phone through Dial a Phone?

How do they provide cash back? In the form of cheque, through crediting you account or by some kind of voucher/airtime credit?

You have to send a paper copy of your bill to them, then they pay the bill amount minus tax into your bank - if you're talking about getting a phone + contract?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Morning GAF!
Woke up this morning & realized I can't play Saints Row 4 tonight because I'm out playing boardgames. I can see myself getting home at midnight and playing anyway, so I'm going to try and have a super-productive day at work today & make tomorrow as easy as possible.
That's kind of like being responsible, right?

OR you could just go to bed at a reasonable hour and not feel like shit the next day? It's a lackluster open world game, it can wait.

You've not even finished the TLoU story, I am ashamed with you man.

8bit

Knows the Score
Morning gaf, I will start drinking soon with friends before hopping on the mini bus to see EMINEM

Is the Eminem show an 18? The Avicii one was 14 and up and looks to have been underaged drunken mayhem from what I saw on facebook.

Big announcements from Xbox One at Gamescom:

New Fable, apparently has 4 player co op.

CoD Ghosts gets dedicated servers on Xbox One. There's a special edition Xbox One bundle that comes with ghosts.

Free Fifa 14 for those that pre-order the console.

No launch date.

Anyone got any asshole neighbours stories?

The guys two floors below us had really horrid yappy little dogs, that would bark constantly. They would just leave them out on the balcony and they would bark at everything. They've also had a couple of mid week parties where they've had really loud music on at 3am, and one party they were out on the balcony making weird animal noises. I've had to go down and tell them to keep it down twice. Luckily they've just moved out, happy days!

Not my worst neighbour though. The flat opposite theirs had a woman living there who rented out her spare room to a guy from Manchester. One Saturday night Qasiel was round, Andy had gone to bed and we were just chilling watching late night tv, I think it was about 1am. We heard this horrific whaling coming from the stairs, so popped out to see what it was. My neighbours opposite me had also come out to see what the comotion was. The guy from Manc was having a row with his girlfriend, who had come down for the weekend to see him. He had chucked her out of the flat and was lobbing her suitcase out the door , she was lying on the floor sobbing.

I couldn't just stand by doing nothing so I went downstairs to see if I could help. He was clearly on something and calling her all the names under the sun. She was really upset, so I took her upstairs and we all went into my neighbours flat. She calmed down and explained he gets really jealous and possessive, and didn't like the fact she had spoken to another guy, so started calling her a whore and such and, after biting her lip, kicked her out of the flat.

All the while he keeps coming up and knocking on the door asking to see her, but my neighbours big Rastafarian boyfriend was keeping him out. The one time we do let him in as we think he wants to apologise, he just starts calling her names again, so we kick him out. Obviously there's no where she can go, so I say she can stay at mine and get her coach back in the morning. So we go in to my flat.

Dickhead comes back up knocking on the neightbour's door, asking where she is. Rasta just says she's not there and shuts the door. He ain't stupid, knows she's in ours. Knocks on our door. At first I just ignore him, till I realise he ain't going anywhere. As I start to open the door to tell him to go home, he tries forcing his way in! He's a big lad, clearly works out, trying to push his way in, just little old me blocking his way! Luckily Qasiel comes running straight away, and the commotion wakes Andy up, and between the three of us we manage to get him out and the door shut.

While this is going on my neighbours have had enough and call the police, who turn up pretty sharpish. Soon as they hear he bit her lip earlier on they arrest him, and we all finally get some sleep.

Never did see him around after that, and I think he moved out a few months later, but I was right on edge for ages, worried he'd want to get revenge for us getting him arrested. Not nice.

Yeh Phone + Contract. I'm guessing just the VAT that's deducted.

Yup, that's right man.

The FIFA Xbone announcement is silly to me, anyone who can do maths can see that PS4+FIFA is still the cheaper deal.
No release date was just stupid, unless they're waiting for Sony so they can make a reactionary announcement.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Big announcements from Xbox One at Gamescom:

New Fable, apparently has 4 player co op.

CoD Ghosts gets dedicated servers on Xbox One. There's a special edition Xbox One bundle that comes with ghosts.

Free Fifa 14 for those that pre-order the console.

No launch date.

FIFA being a pre-order bundle is big but not a game changer. Nice that they added value though, Sony should do the same.

COD could be huge. Dedicated servers is a big draw for sure, but I wonder how long they'll stay up and if other COD games will get them too.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Morning GAF!
Woke up this morning & realized I can't play Saints Row 4 tonight because I'm out playing boardgames.

Is this an organised board game thing or just meeting up with friends? There's a boardgames night held once a month at the Ritzy I keep meaning to check out. Haven't really played in years due to lack of friends who are interested in that sort of thing, but there's a lot of interesting stuff out there I'd like to try.

FIFA being a pre-order bundle is big but not a game changer. Nice that they added value though, Sony should do the same.

COD could be huge. Dedicated servers is a big draw for sure, but I wonder how long they'll stay up and if other COD games will get them too.

or f dedicated servers is exclusive to Xbox One...

they wouldn't have mentioned PS4 at their own conference but I don't think they said it was an exclusive feature either.

Volotaire

Yup, that's right man.

The FIFA Xbone announcement is silly to me, anyone who can do maths can see that PS4+FIFA is still the cheaper deal.
No release date was just stupid, unless they're waiting for Sony so they can make a reactionary announcement.

Worried that they might not promise on the offer, it seems opinions on the internet forums seem to be split.

Also have seen guys saying on hotdealsuk saying that if you phone up and ask to cancel they will probably offer you further cashback to stay you on. Any credence to this?

NinjaBoiX

How do you know my wife?! XD
tumblr_m5zjr2m9Q31qfbdoqo1_500.gif

*Musha crazy neighbour stories*

Holy shit, that last guy sounded particularly mental!

I just popped into the cinema to use the toilet, I forgot the kids were off. I opened the door, walked into the lobby, and was all:

0ceHJ.gif

Just a sea of nippers hopped up on sugar, bouncing off the walls. I had to push a path through the little bastards!

Mikeside

OR you could just go to bed at a reasonable hour and not feel like shit the next day? It's a lackluster open world game, it can wait.

You've not even finished the TLoU story, I am ashamed with you man.

I'll finish it when I get around to it. :p

Also your hatred for Saints Row needs to subside. Oh no the city doesn't feel as real. Luckily there's loads of fun shit to do, it's genuinely pretty funny (in a really childish way) and it's got super powers. It'll scratch the itch until GTA V comes out, at the very least.

Is this an organised board game thing or just meeting up with friends? There's a boardgames night held once a month at the Ritzy I keep meaning to check out. Haven't really played in years due to lack of friends who are interested in that sort of thing, but there's a lot of interesting stuff out there I'd like to try.

Just me and friends - we generally play twice a week (and have a mammoth day-long session over most bank holidays), but I've been absent for a lot of the recent meetups.

What games are you interested in? I'm loving Arkham Horror, Small World and Blood Bowl: Team Manager right now

wetflame

Pizza Dog
What games are you interested in? I'm loving Arkham Horror, Small World and Blood Bowl: Team Manager right now
Well as I said I've not been able to play much for a while now, but I got gifted a couple of Cheapass Games back in the day I never got to try (Before I Kill You Mister Bond and Captain Park's Imaginary Polar Expedition), and I've played things like Fluxx and Zombies!!!!, plus card games like Ascension and the PA card game. I've dabbled lightly in Carcassonne and Catan, but I'm a real beginner. Plus I've enjoyed a game or two of Cards Against Humanity. I see odd little games here and there I'd like to try but for the most part I just want to see what looks fun.

Zombies!!!! is cool. I don't do a whole lot of board gaming, but that was cool.

Hopefully getting to play cards against humanity finally this weekend.

We played scrabble and articulate at the caravan. Articulate is a great game, but it's all about your partner. Doesn't matter how good you are, if you don't have a good partner you have no chance!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Is the Eminem show an 18? The Avicii one was 14 and up and looks to have been underaged drunken mayhem from what I saw on facebook.

I have seen a few of the fight videos from the avicii gig, hopefully that shit doesn't go down today because I can't be bothered getting shanked on a Tuesday. I'm a big guy so no trouble will come my direction. All the young drunken neds will fight between themselves.

afoni

Banned
Free Fifa 14?! Oh wow!

idgaf about fifa and there are no exclusives i desperately want try again m[dollar]oft

So yeah, last night went really well with the fam. Got the inquisition, but Notts lass' parents really like me. Was really surprised they let me sleep over as well!

tumblr_m6dz23CDvw1rz5q3go1_500.gif

Bit late to the party, buddy. I've been and gone. The landlord is drawing up a contract and I move on the 1st.

Congrats

So yeah, last night went really well with the fam. Got the inquisition, but Notts lass' parents really like me. Was really surprised they let me sleep over as well!

Congrats

Then our relocations shall be perfectly synchronised, I move into my new place on the 1st as well.

Spooky.

Congrats

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Free Fifa 14?! Oh wow!

idgaf about fifa and there are no exclusives i desperately want try again m[dollar]oft
send it to me, i dont like fifa but i wanna try it to see if i can get into it...will make talking to some customers more easy
Bit late to the party, buddy. I've been and gone. The landlord is drawing up a contract and I move on the 1st.

awesome man, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom