• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

I've never been camping.
iKd0iqxQrdItK.gif

Added tentative deets to the OP.

Symphonia

Banned
How.....how have you never been camping?
My parents weren't the conventional kind. They never really did anything with me; never took me out, never played football, never went camping, never had days out, nothing. The most we did together was go on holiday and even then it was the usual Butlins or Pontins holiday packages. I plan to be completely different where my daughter is concerned. I'll be more active with her than my parents ever were with me.

Which is why the idea of camping with you bunch sounds awesome. No better way to break in my camping virginity than the possibility of getting molested while drunk by a bunch of forumites.

SteveWD40

Camping is awesome, especially when you find good sites that don't allow groups of teens / kids / dicks and no noise after 10:30.

Our new tent:

Vango Omega 350, that awning is huge, we can sit on camping chairs inside it...

SteveWD40

So, wtf is going on with the Vita price in the UK? The world gets a price drop today but we don't? they didn't announce a UK price and it's still £170 on Amazon for the base model...

SKINNER!

Banned
This evening I've mostly been listening to Deltron 3030, as recommended by Shorty. Am loving it, this may be the very thing to get me into hiphop a lot more.

Nice! Glad to hear you're enjoying it although I feel like I've set the bar way too high because I'm struggling to find other hiphop albums that are similar. Deltron 3030 is quite unique. Maybe myself, f0rk, runlikehell and KP can come up with a playlist for ya.

I was thinking May would be better due to potentially decent weather, too!

So potentially we've got:
Shorty, Ninja, Musha, Jedeye & Mikeside

That's my kind of holiday.

I looked at hotels last night & it looks like we can get 2 twin rooms for 2 nights for £600 which isn't bad - obviously if there are 5 or more of us, it'll be more, but still expect about £150 per person, unless we go camping in which case it's £8 per person per night plus £1 per shower (water is expensive on Sark)

No internet right? that'll be interesting to see what living without the internet for a couple of days will be like.

As I've never been camping, I'd say go with that. If we can do camping, I'll happily go.

Goddamn son! You need to go now. That feeling when you wake up, get out of the tent and stretch in the morning while taking in fresh air...oh man, so good! Some of my best childhood memories were with the cub scouts camping in the desert, pitchin' tents and making fires with paraffin and camel shit. Back in the days when carrying a pen knife was acceptable...I miss you 90s.

Since Juicy J released the Stay Trippy game I haven't listened to anything other than that.

Mike you should check out GZA/Genius' Liquid Swords.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Camping is great. A few times a year me and a group of us will get a few cars full off beer,bbq shit and tents. We go up to loch tay and camp.

1002349_10151681136453439_1756085956_n_1.jpg

A picture from the eminem gig of me chilling above the crowd. Greatest moment of my life caught on camera.

Symphonia

Banned
Can't wait to move in to my new property. The internet speed where I am at the moment is diabolically slow, whereas the new property has fibreoptic broadband, which will make, ahem, acquiring films a lot easier. The landlord has already said it's OK to do that as the guy who already lives there does a lot of downloading too - so unlimited downloads and fibreoptic speeds makes Cyanide a very happy bunny indeed.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
So, I am now officially Jordan - fuck you all. This is how I roll.

j78s4xw.gif

Today, it's been quite strange today. I got offered a job without going to an interview - unfortunately, it's £2,000 less than what I'm on now and it's in Portsmouth. Feels quite nice to have someone chasing me for my knowledge.

omfg i missed this

WEEEEEIIIIIIIIW

COME HERE

Mikeside

Fuckin' awesome. I'm really glad some people are into the camping idea! Will be awesome to have you along, Cyanide. Might this be the trip where we finally get to bring Kentpaul and Steve along?

Am well up for a playlist from you guys too - I like the idea of smooth like molasses with heavy, repetitive bass lines and chilled out as fuck hip-hop, but will obviously trust you connoisseurs to recommend whatever.

Also, I'm pretty much sorted for the Eurogamer Meetup thread (Musha has put me in charge, uh-oh! People who came to Regent's Park know why that might be dangerous, but hopefully after that slight hiccup, I'll be more efficient with this shit?)

But... I don't want to post it until we've got some more ideas floating about re: what we're going to do.

The expo finishes at 7pm, so I'm thinking we meet at the King's Head pub, which is just down the road & hang out there for an hour or so then move on. I have no idea where to yet.

Some people seem to be very pro-karaoke. To be honest, as long as there's gaffers, cheap alcohol and music (in that order), I'm going to have a blast. Is there anywhere that anyone has been dying to go? Put your ideas forward & I'll aim to have the thread up by Monday so we can start getting people involved!

Rubbish King

Well this has gone horribly (The meeting) It's bullshit that I had to put up with this in the first place but now I have "got my way" and have fallen out with the flatmate

fuck this

SmokyDave

So, wtf is going on with the Vita price in the UK? The world gets a price drop today but we don't? they didn't announce a UK price and it's still £170 on Amazon for the base model...
Weird, ain't it?

I saw GAME have a £170 pack with an 8GB card and the Mega Pack jobbie. I think that's as close to a 'deal' as we'll see.

Mikeside

If I come camping I bring my gear, I will look like I am being air dropped into Afghanistan.

Remember there's no cars on the island so you'll be carrying that shit with you from the boat!

Well this has gone horribly (The meeting) It's bullshit that I had to put up with this in the first place but now I have "got my way" and have fallen out with the flatmate

fuck this

Mate, just give it a few days to settle a bit, write down the reasons you're not happy about the idea of her moving in and work out the most diplomatic way of explaining them, then just communicate with the guy. All will blow over.

Rubbish King

Remember there's no cars on the island so you'll be carrying that shit with you from the boat!

Mate, just give it a few days to settle a bit, write down the reasons you're not happy about the idea of her moving in and work out the most diplomatic way of explaining them, then just communicate with the guy. All will blow over.

She's not moving in, but the damage is done breh, it will blow over, but I have to live in a hostile household for the next few days..

Mikeside

Sweet. Then depending on when it is, and my finances at the time, you can count me in.

I'm pretty certain it'll be May bank holiday - so get there early as possible on Sat 3rd and leave sometime on Mon 5th.

Everyone be warned it's no-frills camping & you need to pay £1 for 4 minutes in a shower, so work that into your finances! (on top of the mammoth £8/day you'll already be paying)

There's hotels around that work out around £150/night just in-case the weather turns to absolute shit.

She's not moving in, but the damage is done breh, it will blow over, but I have to live in a hostile household for the next few days..

I wouldn't worry about it - try to spend some time out of the house for a couple of days, or coop up in your room with the ole' PS3.
Also start thinking about booking May bank holiday off, because you're totally coming.

I'm pretty certain it'll be May bank holiday - so get there early as possible on Sat 3rd and leave sometime on Mon 5th.

Everyone be warned it's no-frills camping & you need to pay £1 for 4 minutes in a shower, so work that into your finances! (on top of the mammoth £8/day you'll already be paying)

There's hotels around that work out around £150/night just in-case the weather turns to absolute shit.

I wouldn't worry about it - try to spend some time out of the house for a couple of days, or coop up in your room with the ole' PS3.
Also start thinking about booking May bank holiday off, because you're totally coming.

4 mins will get me nothing.

Wet wipe baths for me. I'll be going all festival stylee. Used to carrying shitloads of stuff too. Wheeley things are always a good idea.

Mikeside

Wet wipe baths for me. I'll be going all festival stylee. Used to carrying shitloads of stuff too. Wheeley things are always a good idea.

I think a quick 4 minutes in the morning followed by a wet-wipe cleanse will get me up and at 'em.

Funny, because I usually mean something totally different when I have 'a quick 4 minutes in the morning'

Symphonia

Banned

I better start saving the pennies then. May next year also gives me plenty of time to get in shape - I can't be looking like a turd next to you lot, can I?

Just to clarify, where exactly are we going? Sark?

Mikeside

I better start saving the pennies then. May next year also gives me plenty of time to get in shape - I can't be looking like a turd next to you lot, can I?

Don't worry, I'll be representin' chubbyGAF so you'll be all good.

Yeah, it'll be Sark - looks gorgeoussss

edit: (note to self: if I thought about my posts more, I wouldn't edit so much & look like a clown)
Actually, being in May gives me a long time to get the ole' weight off. I think that's my new target. Look good for camping holiday. Possibly good enough to take off my shirt in front of people. Without crying. Much.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Also, I'm pretty much sorted for the Eurogamer Meetup thread (Musha has put me in charge, uh-oh! People who came to Regent's Park know why that might be dangerous, but hopefully after that slight hiccup, I'll be more efficient with this shit?)

But... I don't want to post it until we've got some more ideas floating about re: what we're going to do.

The expo finishes at 7pm, so I'm thinking we meet at the King's Head pub, which is just down the road & hang out there for an hour or so then move on. I have no idea where to yet.

Some people seem to be very pro-karaoke. To be honest, as long as there's gaffers, cheap alcohol and music (in that order), I'm going to have a blast. Is there anywhere that anyone has been dying to go? Put your ideas forward & I'll aim to have the thread up by Monday so we can start getting people involved!

Cool, if the meet is later this time I might be up for staying out. 12 hours is about my limit before I want to crawl into a hole and be alone :p

If I come camping I bring my gear, I will look like I am being air dropped into Afghanistan.

Oh, you're one of those campers?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Fuck it, I can totally go three days without a wash.

yay for being married!

Hey man, I took my shirt off in public in front of other gaffers. You'll be cool. FatGAF unite!

NinjaBoiX

Camping is awesome, especially when you find good sites that don't allow groups of teens / kids / dicks and no noise after 10:30.

Our new tent:
I must buy a tent. I've been meaning to for ages!
1002349_10151681136453439_1756085956_n_1.jpg

A picture from the eminem gig of me chilling above the crowd. Greatest moment of my life caught on camera.
Looks like you had fun Kent!

fuck this
Rock and a hard place Tash.

It all blow over buddy, trust me. Bro's before hoes and all that.
I'm pretty certain it'll be May bank holiday - so get there early as possible on Sat 3rd and leave sometime on Mon 5th..
Sounds poific Micheal!

I'll add those dates to the OP.

I think a quick 4 minutes in the morning followed by a wet-wipe cleanse will get me up and at 'em.

Funny, because I usually mean something totally different when I have 'a quick 4 minutes in the morning'
Yeah, even a dude of diminutive stature such as myself would possibly struggle with 4 minutes. And even that's bearing in mind my ability to wash my face and head in one continuous motion.

This meet is going to be wicked, I can feel it in my bones!

Edit: Screaming Meat, PFG are cool! I still need to check your band out, haven't got around to it yet.

SteveWD40

Oh, you're one of those campers?

Remember there's no cars on the island so you'll be carrying that shit with you from the boat!.

I live in the city, I don't own a car, I carry all my shit like I'm in Bravo Two Zero, that's what I meant.

I have all kinds of shit, knives that would make a bear shit itself (for building A-Frame shelters...), cooking gear that allow a fry up but fit in a side pocket on my ruck, sporks, nalgene bottles up to 2litre, camelback water bladders (fits in the day sack I lash to my ruck), shemaghs to keep the sun / wind off, Self inflating sleeping mats, chairs that pack so light you can carry them on the sides...

kZIEchg.gif

Weird, ain't it?

I saw GAME have a £170 pack with an 8GB card and the Mega Pack jobbie. I think that's as close to a 'deal' as we'll see.

Yeah, I was hoping for a drop in the base model to more like £140, then the 32gb card could be got for about £50 and it's sub £200 for the lot, I don't want bundles, I don't want an 8gb card...

Symphonia

Banned
So I'm getting a PS4, moving into a new house, going to the London meet and we're all going camping? 2014 is going to be a good year.

NinjaBoiX

Here:

tumblr_m80geq0XxR1rn95k2o1_500.gif

TAKE IT.

EDIT: The money, not the Duck.

They are nestled perfectly into the creases of exactly my sort of music. Also? Sniv is one sexy bear of a man.
Shoe-gazing art-rock FTW.

*gif saved, tis awesome!*

Mike, we need to be thinking about plans for our joint birthday mini-meet in February too bro. Maybe a gig or something as you're missing Paramore? Bounce some ideas around buddy, have yourself a look see at who is playing around that time. Maybe early February?

SmokyDave

If Dave hadn't pimped the Vita so hard, maybe the UK would still be getting a price-cut.
It's sad because its true :(

After the Football Manager announcement last night, I bunged out a text and sold a few more. Yet, I didn't get an invite for the Killzone Mercs closed beta :(

I don't think the Vita loves me as much as I love the Vita. Maybe I should cover up my 3DS or something.

Rubbish King

THE BATTLE IS WON

My boss nuked them from orbit, it isn't happening for shiiiiit. The girls conclusion was she's going to get a fucking chinchilla

A

fucking

chinchilla

15-hilarious-no-nose-animated-gifs_1.gif

charlie has put it down to me getting my way and will be in a pissy with me, but i dont care, im off to do all my tasks for the day on 3 hours sleep and the thought of work at 6

wish me luck gang

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I live in the city, I don't own a car, I carry all my shit like I'm in Bravo Two Zero, that's what I meant.

I have all kinds of shit, knives that would make a bear shit itself (for building A-Frame shelters...), cooking gear that allow a fry up but fit in a side pocket on my ruck, sporks, nalgene bottles up to 2litre, camelback water bladders (fits in the day sack I lash to my ruck), shemaghs to keep the sun / wind off, Self inflating sleeping mats, chairs that pack so light you can carry them on the sides...

OK to be fair you'd be a very useful person to bring camping. I just bring a tent and a sleeping bag and then live like an animal for a weekend. Your way of doing things sounds much more sensible.

Mikeside

Mike, we need to be thinking about plans for our joint birthday mini-meet in February too bro. Maybe a gig or something as you're missing Paramore? Bounce some ideas around buddy, have yourself a look see at who is playing around that time. Maybe early February?

Blimey, I'd think you'd be sick of me by now with all these meets happening.

I'll take a look at what gigs are happening - early to mid February sounds grand to me.
Where'd you want to look at? Your place, down here or somewhere in-between?

JedCat.gif is best *.gif.
We need to start pimping that thing all over the internet. It's truly something of magnificence.

I'm an otter, myself XD

I think I'm more of a Walrus myself.
Keep your damn dirty hunter-hands away from me.

I am the Walrus

Darren870

Mike is going to post the thread Monday dude. Ideas forthcoming.

Why is it your last for a while?

Also Jed, there is an edit button Mr Double Post. ;)

Cool, just checked that Eurogamer is at the end of september so it should be fine.

Probably going to move somewhere around Nov time frame.

Hystzen

Getting ready for Rome 2 started playing Rome 1 again yesturday and today finally unleashing my legion

Gabius Lucis Maximus leading the 7th legion from Rome on some Rebel scum before moving north to attack Carthage. Need tweak graphic settings again was not sure how it run since game came out in 2004. Also tempted to go full role play by making my army have historical formations and unit amounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom