• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokyDave

Nothing wrong with Nintendo games.
That's true. It's the hardware and services that fucking suck.

That said, I'm surprised at just how few modern Nintendo games I care about. I thought I'd be all over Luigi's Mansion 2 (the original was a big favourite of mine) but then I played a few hours and it just didn't grab me at all.

I'd like to play 3D World (because 3D Land was the business), but not enough to buy another Wii U. Apart from that, there's nothing that even garners mild attention from me. Definitely not Mario Kart. I fucking hate kart racers of all stripes.

Edit: I'd like to play ALBW as well. Can't beat handheld Zelda. Even Phantom Hourglass was good.

Reknoc

Compared to the Galaxy games it's rather poor. The blue coin padding means it has the least amount of levels and the final level is one of the worst in Mario history.

It also controls like ass, which is pretty unacceptable for a Mario game.

NinjaBoiX

F-Zero GX was pretty amaze.
Love a bit of Hoegaarden (pronounced who-garten, as my much teased dutch colleague would insist).

There used to be a pub near me that had it on tap. A pint of it with a lemon wedge was perfect.
It's gross, tastes like someone left a bit of washing up liquid in the bottom of the glass.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I want to write out how I feel about Psychotext but I'm pretty sure it'll earn me a perma and I'm pretty sure he's got me on ignore. Am I being unreasonable here? I thought he was pretty fucking horrible to me to be honest.

Symphonia

Banned
I want to write out how I feel about Psychotext but I'm pretty sure it'll earn me a perma and I'm pretty sure he's got me on ignore. Am I being unreasonable here? I thought he was pretty fucking horrible to me to be honest.
If he has you on ignore, he won't be able to see it to report it.

SmokyDave

I don't get the love for RE4 at all. I was daft enough to buy it twice and hated it both times. Everyone else I know fucking loves it and it leaves me scratching my head.

Yoga. Channel your chi elsewhere.

That, or send an explosive PM full of hate and scorn.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
If he has you on ignore, he won't be able to see it to report it.

Ah. I dunno. I'm probably overreacting but I'm actually really quite hurt / annoyed. And it's stinking up the thread for me. I don't think it'll be good in the long run if I say lots of horrible things. Maybe I just need a break from this thread for a bit. This place is my hang out! Having someone around that's an antagonist is just depressing.

Yeah. Actually I am a bit too thin skinned / heart on sleeve / emotional for this. I'm gonna hold off for a while until my head's a bit better.

I've tried the normal stuff, which is nice enough, but I've not tried any of their less mainstream brews.

Wait, there's other Hoegaardens? I'll have to look into this...

I've always been a fan of the (I guess, 'regular'?) stuff. There was a pub at uni where the landlord was really proud of having it on draft - served it with a slice of lemon. I think it's more common in pubs nowadays.

Edit:

It's gross, tastes like someone left a bit of washing up liquid in the bottom of the glass.

Get your tastebuds checked Ninj! Stuff's gorgeous!

Ah. I dunno. I'm probably overreacting but I'm actually really quite hurt / annoyed. And it's stinking up the thread for me. I don't think it'll be good in the long run if I say lots of horrible things. Maybe I just need a break from this thread for a bit. This place is my hang out! Having someone around that's an antagonist is just depressing.

Yeah. Actually I am a bit too thin skinned / heart on sleeve / emotional for this. I'm gonna hold off for a while until my head's a bit better.

I think you should drop it, it's over.

It's like, how can you meaningfully feel about someone you've exchanged about 6 lines of abuse with? Other than "I think you're a cock". We already did that last week anyway. We're talking about nintendo and Hoegaarrden now, it's all good.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

Just use the ignore function! Not worth getting wound up over.

SmokyDave

Wait, there's other Hoegaardens? I'll have to look into this...

I've always been a fan of the (I guess, 'regular'?) stuff. There was a pub at uni where the landlord was really proud of having it on draft - served it with a slice of lemon. I think it's more common in pubs nowadays.

Edit:

Get your tastebuds checked Ninj! Stuff's gorgeous!
Lemon?!

Yeuch.

Lemon?!

Yeuch.

Have you tried it? It goes really well even if it sounds a bit weird to have fruit + beer.

Then again, I'm a big fan of that anyway. I think my favourite brewery is probably Badger and they do all sorts of fruity ones like Golden Glory (peach) and Poacher's Choice (damson). Maybe its just my child-like palate.

SmokyDave

Have you tried it? It goes really well even if it sounds a bit weird to have fruit + beer.

Then again, I'm a big fan of that anyway. I think my favourite brewery is probably Badger and they do all sorts of fruity ones like Golden Glory (peach) and Poacher's Choice (damson). Maybe its just my child-like palate.
No, so I suppose I shouldn't knock it. I'm not a fan of the idea though. I like my Stella with a cigarette and a scowl.

I do like taking a shot of vodka and then a segment of satsuma / clementine (rinse and repeat until fucked) though.

The_Poet

Banned
No, so I suppose I shouldn't knock it. I'm not a fan of the idea though. I like my Stella with a cigarette and a scowl.

I do like taking a shot of vodka and then a segment of satsuma / clementine (rinse and repeat until fucked) though.

Hoegaarden isn't regular larger, its heavier and made with wheat, not barley.

This sounds pretty festive! Might try that one over Christmas.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I don't get the love for RE4 at all. I was daft enough to buy it twice and hated it both times. Everyone else I know fucking loves it and it leaves me scratching my head.

Yoga. Channel your chi elsewhere.

That, or send an explosive PM full of hate and scorn.

I think you should drop it, it's over.

It's like, how can you meaningfully feel about someone you've exchanged about 6 lines of abuse with? Other than "I think you're a cock". We already did that last week anyway. We're talking about nintendo and Hoegaarrden now, it's all good.

Just use the ignore function! Not worth getting wound up over.

Yeah. This thread is my happy place at work. I don't like seeing it stunk up. You guys are like my canteen crew! Ah well. Lots of love to everyone and things like that. Ok! Back to walking home.

SmokyDave

Hoegaarden isn't regular larger, its heavier and made with wheat, not barley.
Aye, I drink it from time to time, even though I don't like it. The missus always says 'don't order Hoegaarden, you hate it' and then I say 'don't be daft woman'. Then I drink my pint and try desperately to hide my grimace as she prepares her 'I told you so' face.

This sounds pretty festive! Might try that one over Christmas.
Definitely, they go really well together. It promotes excessive alcohol consumption too, which is always nice.

What is the difference between a satsuma and an orange? Like, really?
Satsumas don't spend all their time being compared to apples or pressed into juice. In addition, they're the perfect size and weight for throwing really far.

Was no ignoring going on, I can see the posts... I just didn't think there's really any point in continuing the conversation as I thought it was fairly clear that everything had been said last week. sploatee has obviously taken a dislike to me, and that's fine. I think it's pretty unlikely that you'll like / get on with everyone you meet on the internet.

I wouldn't feel bad about it, and if ending up on their ignore list is the best way for them to deal with it, that's cool too. That's what it's there for pretty much (I mostly find it useful for the more spammy posters).

On the subject of beers. I noticed that Americans have quite the habit of putting orange slices into drinks... which I really don't understand. It got to the point that I'd have to tell them in advance not to spoil a tasty beer with their fruity additions.

The_Poet

Banned
Aye, I drink it from time to time, even though I don't like it. The missus always says 'don't order Hoegaarden, you hate it' and then I say 'don't be daft woman'. Then I drink my pint and try desperately to hide my grimace as she prepares her 'I told you so' face.

Try some lemon with it next time, might mean you'll be trying to hide your delight instead of a grimace.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Was no ignoring going on, I can see the posts... I just didn't think there's really any point in continuing the conversation as I thought it was fairly clear that everything had been said last week. sploatee has obviously taken a dislike to me, and that's fine. I think it's pretty unlikely that you'll like / get on with everyone you meet on the internet.

I wouldn't feel bad about it, and if ending up on their ignore list is the best way for them to deal with it, that's cool too. That's what it's there for pretty much (I mostly find it useful for the more spammy posters).

On the subject of beers. I noticed that Americans have quite the habit of putting orange slices into drinks... which I really don't understand. It got to the point that I'd have to tell them in advance not to spoil a tasty beer with their fruity additions.

Hey. I don't dislike you at all. I don't know you! I don't know if I misunderstood your joke post and I was pretty rude to you in return. I may be a bit of a drama queen but I'm not a bitch, I can assure you of that. I actually thought you'd taken a dislike to me and decided to stick me on ignore. What do you say that we just put it behind us and get on with talking about other important topics?

Don't say pat pat again to me thoigh. Please 😄

Symphonia

Banned
Reading this letter won't be the easiest thing you've ever done, but it may be one of the most rewarding. Note that some of the facts I plan to use in this letter were provided to me by a highly educated person who managed to escape Banofypie's untoward indoctrination and is consequently believable. Banofypie's crapulous flimflams are meticulously designed to keep the population unaware, uneducated, dumbed down, and focused on stupefying activities like video games. The intention is to prevent people from noticing that Banofypie has been enabling the most manipulative ditzes I've ever seen to punch above their weight. We cannot get away from the adamantine and tenebrous fact that I challenge him to crawl out of his sheltered existence and banish intolerance. I mean, think about it. The great irony is that we must purge the darkness from Banofypie's heart in such a way that there is nothing Banofypie can do about it except learn to live with the fait accompli. That's just a fancy way of saying that Banofypie presents one face to the public, a face that tells people what they want to hear. Then, in private, he devises new schemes to create a desolation and call it peace.

Banofypie fails to comprehend and practice the teachings of his religion. More precisely, he conveniently forgets his religion's messages of peace, love, compassion, acceptance, and forgiveness—or, at best, misremembers them as an edict to monopolize the press. If I wanted to brainwash and manipulate a large segment of the population, I would convince them that Banofypie would never dream of baking us a cake of exclusivism, filled with libertinism and topped with a layer of fanaticism. In fact, that's exactly what he does as part of his quest to support international crime while purporting to oppose it. Does he have trouble living with himself, knowing that he has deported himself as an enemy of peace and harmony? If I'm not horribly mistaken, there's a painfully simple answer. It regards the way that he wants to put political correctness ahead of scientific rigor. What's wrong with that? What's wrong is Banofypie's gossamer grasp of reality.

Banofypie has stated that we have no reason to be fearful about the criminally violent trends in our society today and over the past ten to fifteen years. I find such declaratory statements quite telling. They tell me that we are observing the change in our society's philosophy and values from freedom and justice to corruption, decay, cynicism, and injustice. All of these “values” are artistically incorporated in one person: Banofypie. Everybody is probably familiar with the cliche that it is probably safe to assume that the outcome of the struggle will ultimately be decided based on the number and influence of people fully informed about his inveracities, committed to his defeat, and organized under sound leadership. Well, there's a lot of truth in that cliche. In closing, I ask that you swear in the holy sanctuary of your soul that you will never stop standing up and fighting for our heritage, traditions, and values. That's how I live my life, and that's how you should consider living yours.

-----

Yes, I'm THAT bored on the bus.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Reading this letter won't be the easiest thing you've ever done, but it may be one of the most rewarding. Note that some of the facts I plan to use in this letter were provided to me by a highly educated person who managed to escape Banofypie's untoward indoctrination and is consequently believable. Banofypie's crapulous flimflams are meticulously designed to keep the population unaware, uneducated, dumbed down, and focused on stupefying activities like video games. The intention is to prevent people from noticing that Banofypie has been enabling the most manipulative ditzes I've ever seen to punch above their weight. We cannot get away from the adamantine and tenebrous fact that I challenge him to crawl out of his sheltered existence and banish intolerance. I mean, think about it. The great irony is that we must purge the darkness from Banofypie's heart in such a way that there is nothing Banofypie can do about it except learn to live with the fait accompli. That's just a fancy way of saying that Banofypie presents one face to the public, a face that tells people what they want to hear. Then, in private, he devises new schemes to create a desolation and call it peace.

Banofypie fails to comprehend and practice the teachings of his religion. More precisely, he conveniently forgets his religion's messages of peace, love, compassion, acceptance, and forgiveness—or, at best, misremembers them as an edict to monopolize the press. If I wanted to brainwash and manipulate a large segment of the population, I would convince them that Banofypie would never dream of baking us a cake of exclusivism, filled with libertinism and topped with a layer of fanaticism. In fact, that's exactly what he does as part of his quest to support international crime while purporting to oppose it. Does he have trouble living with himself, knowing that he has deported himself as an enemy of peace and harmony? If I'm not horribly mistaken, there's a painfully simple answer. It regards the way that he wants to put political correctness ahead of scientific rigor. What's wrong with that? What's wrong is Banofypie's gossamer grasp of reality.

Banofypie has stated that we have no reason to be fearful about the criminally violent trends in our society today and over the past ten to fifteen years. I find such declaratory statements quite telling. They tell me that we are observing the change in our society's philosophy and values from freedom and justice to corruption, decay, cynicism, and injustice. All of these “values” are artistically incorporated in one person: Banofypie. Everybody is probably familiar with the cliche that it is probably safe to assume that the outcome of the struggle will ultimately be decided based on the number and influence of people fully informed about his inveracities, committed to his defeat, and organized under sound leadership. Well, there's a lot of truth in that cliche. In closing, I ask that you swear in the holy sanctuary of your soul that you will never stop standing up and fighting for our heritage, traditions, and values. That's how I live my life, and that's how you should consider living yours.

-----

Yes, I'm THAT bored on the bus.

im-up-in-this-thread-and-im-not-reading.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
So cold. So nearly home.

Oh. And it's Russell Brand vs Nigel Farage on Question Time tomorrow. Cannot wait. Might make it into my all time faves (which are , Christopher and Peter Hitchens on the same panel and the Nick Griffin one, which was even more tense than this thread.)

So cold. So nearly home.

Oh. And it's Russell Brand vs Nigel Farage on Question Time tomorrow. Cannot wait. Might make it into my all time faves (which are , Christopher and Peter Hitchens on the same panel and the Nick Griffin one, which was even more tense than this thread.)

Oh wow nice! Hopefully Farage shows that hairy oik Brand a thing or two. UKIP FTW

Apparently "he looks a bit UKIP" is now playground slang for he looks a bit dangerous to children.

You're in the wrong neighbourhood son, we're all National Front 'round here.

There's nothing wrong with UKIP, they're just ordinary people saying the things ordinary people say. Us ordinary people don't like foreigners or rules on what shape bananas can be. It's time for a new force in Politics. We spend billions on Europe, and what do we get out of it? NOTHING but our streets crowded with Romanians and doctors' surgeries where they have to speak ten languages. Farage for PM. If not this time then next time for sure.

And Brand is a druggie homeless-looking clown elitist, I can't believe they're still giving him air time.

Reknoc

Bus just went past the student house area (aka the scruffy looking area) and one house had a lidl bag stuck to it. I don't understand students.

Speak for yourself.

So you're OK with cheap EU labour coming over and taking jobs? We're paying for their sparkies to come over here now, £1000 each, that's like 10x that in their countries. England is like a holiday to them. I don't want my future child going to school with people called Pavel and Alena.

Reknoc

So you're OK with cheap EU labour coming over and taking jobs? We're paying for their sparkies to come over here now, £1000 each, that's like 10x that in their countries. England is like a holiday to them. I don't want my future child going to school with people called Pavel and Alena.

Foreign women are hot af tho so they can do whatever they want imo

Symphonia

Banned
You're lumping all foreigners in the same basket. The ones who come over here purely intent on getting as much money from us as possible, I disagree with. But there are plenty of decent, friendly, hard working foreigners who have earned the right to live in the UK. I believe what you've got is not a difference of opinion, it's racism.

/ is first generation immigrant who runs a business employing locals, just like his immigrant father did before him

So yeah, middle finger to all the anti immigration lot.

Oh, and for what it's worth, immigrants do work harder than natives in my experience. Also, lets not forget how many of our lot went over to Germany to work in the 80s, also earning ridiculous money because the locals wouldn't / couldn't do the jobs.

/ is first generation immigrant who runs a business employing locals, just like his immigrant father did before him

Oh, and for what it's worth, immigrants do work harder than natives in my experience. Also, lets not forget how many of our lot went over to Germany to work in the 80s, also earning ridiculous money because the locals wouldn't / couldn't do the jobs.

So you're British?

That's the problem, they probably do work harder. But we're disenfranchising entire swathes of our own young people to let them in. Close the doors, I say, teach our own people the trades we're importing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom