• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, the sky is really blue today, right? Man it's a beautiful day to be alive. Gravity is at the optimal level, the oxygen nitrogen mix in the atmosphere is just right. The day is 24 hours long.

Dark Souls.

Uncharted 4.

banofypie

Banned
As someone who also has a self harm problem and has two failed suicide attempts I feel I have authority to say

TOO EARLY FOR THIS

I have burn marks on my arm and I'm not sure why I'm being vilified for having a bad sleeping pattern and a penchant for banter that's being seen as bullying a depressed person.

Could someone explain it to me?

I have burn marks on my arm and I'm not sure why I'm being vilified for having a bad sleeping pattern and a penchant for banter that's being seen as bullying a depressed person.

I think everyone here seems to be damaged to some degree. So we should endevour to only talk about neutral things, and not to disparage anyone for anything they say think or do because feelings.

I can't take this any more, goodbye cruel world (for a while, I need some lunch LOL!)

The_Poet

Banned
I think everyone here seems to be damaged to some degree. So we should endevour to only talk about neutral things, and not to disparage anyone for anything they say think or do because feelings.

I can't take this any more, goodbye cruel world (for a while, I need some lunch LOL!)

tumblr_m7n4piKGt51qcuoflo2_r3_250.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

You win! I just forgot I hit post.

Because you're a bad person and Cyanide is sensitive! You can move it onto me if you want. I can probably take it!

That Dark Souls, eh?

Volotaire

I don't think I'm damaged at all, whatever the context you are using this word in. I haven't directly commented on any controversial events that have occurred in the past few weeks except for now.

NinjaBoiX

Guys what do you do when your gf doesn't really like a female friend of yours
Pander to her.

Enable her.

Be the doormat.

(I dunno brah, treat the issue with indifference. My GF doesn't like a few of my mates, it's not a huge problem. Just an excuse for her to be a minge occasionally.)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Get used to it.

Love it. Imma start a new one this week. I need to be punished.

Last night the gargoyles beat me solidly for an hour. It got close. But no. But I've learned the attack patterns of the first one and think I need to be switching my z-targeting between them to make sure I know what they're both doing.

Don't tell me any strategies!! Yet...

Also was fun carrying the black knight sword which was too heavy and clobbering skeletons.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Last night the gargoyles beat me solidly for an hour. It got close. But no. But I've learned the attack patterns of the first one and think I need to be switching my z-targeting between them to make sure I know what they're both doing.

Don't tell me any strategies!! Yet...

Also was fun carrying the black knight sword which was too heavy and clobbering skeletons.

Black Knight weapons will last you the whole game. The Halberd is the best.

I'll keep schtum. Mum's the word etc.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Pander to her.

Enable her.

Be the doormat.

(I dunno brah, treat the issue with indifference. My GF doesn't like a few of my mates, it's not a huge problem. Just an excuse for her to be a minge occasionally.)

aye but we got this christmas meal and i wanted her to come but she doesn't want to because they don't get on.. IDK

It's not a big deal I just wanted her to come

NinjaBoiX

I don't even remember how I beat the Gargoyles, but I did so I would say they're probably not that hard.
It's all about positioning.

If you use the slant of the roof to your advantage you can ignore the horizontal swipes and just dodge the vertical ones. That and focusing on on gargoyle at a time.
aye but we got this christmas meal and i wanted her to come but she doesn't want to because they don't get on.. IDK

It's not a big deal I just wanted her to come
Well if you've decided to go without her then it's all good. She'll probably decide she actually wants to go closer to the time anyway.

StayDead

Mate. Stop all of this reading malarkey.

Get yourself on a computer and start by actually designing shit. You'll hit a bump or two along the way but it's fairly easy to find solutions to these problems on Google. This is how I recommend you learn web design, I feel like it helps with retaining information. You'll read this book and then when it comes to applying it, you won't know where to start.

Wanna learn SQL? Get MySQL or PostgreSQL installed or something and start messing around with databases. Run queries, do joins, rip your hair out because you don't get joins.

Good luck.

I learnt more about how to use Java and use it to interface withn an SQL database by trying to design a program that'd help me run a Starcraft tournament I was doing (aka keep all the scores and generate overlays for my stream) than I did in the OU module that was trying to teach me the exact same thing although with a different database interface which I'd finished just before then. I finished the program and then my tournament died, but it'll be back someday when I have more time and I'll be ready!

The_Poet

Banned
Love a bit of Hoegaarden (pronounced who-garten, as my much teased dutch colleague would insist).

There used to be a pub near me that had it on tap. A pint of it with a lemon wedge was perfect.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yeah, that's one of the few there that I've had before. Meaty stuff.

Dammit we have unfinished business! Can you please apologise for being rude and then I can just get on with being nice to you?

At the moment you're on my grudge / hate list and it's tiring.

I thought you were a bit off the way you spoke to me. It was pretty nasty imo. But I'm crap at holding grudges and negativity is not my thing.

It's up to you, like, but it'd be nice for you not to be a dick to me.

And I play Nintendo games, just not the modern ones. Gamecube onwards is just a hollow shell of nintendo's former glories. It's like the Star Wars prequels. Snes era is the greatest of all time. The DS was pretty neat too.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
And I play Nintendo games, just not the modern ones. Gamecube onwards is just a hollow shell of nintendo's former glories. It's like the Star Wars prequels. Snes era is the greatest of all time. The DS was pretty neat too.

I was once like you. The answer is Mario Kart 8. It single handedly reminded me of everything good about Nintendo (just like Skyward Sword was everything bad).

But SNES era was peerless.

Reknoc

Gamecube had Metroid Prime and Pikmin so you're wrong about Nintendo and, by extension everything else ever.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

No, you goomba. Gamecube era was awful besides Pikmin and MP, since then it has been Nintendo firing on all cylinders. Super Mario Galaxy, NSMB Wii, WarioWare, NintendoLand, A Link Between Worlds, MK8, Xenoblade, Pikmin 3 and Bayo 2 are all classic games.

Their consoles have troubles with a paucity of good games due to the lack of 3rd party support but Nintendo themselves are on a golden streak.

Symphonia

Banned
Gamecube had the Rogue Squadron games, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sunshine, Double Dash, Pikmin, Metroid Prime - I could go on but I won't. Also, DS came out after Gamecube so, y'know, you contradicted your whole 'omg everything post-Gamecube sux' argument by saying the DS was good.

Reknoc

Man, Mario Sunshine was fucking shite, and whenever I think I'm just remembering it wrong I load it up and realise it's still shite.

My biggest GC regret is trading in Twilight Princess because I had a Wii ordered. Wow was that a huge mistake.

I've always wanted to play F Zero GX.

F-Zero GX was godlike.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, GameCube was a weird period for Nintendo and they suffered from rushing big name games like Mario and Zelda to market. But at the same time you could easily own just a GameCube and not feel like you were missing out on much of the console market as it did receive most multiplats which couldn't be said for the Wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom