• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars – Reforged launches September 19 (XBS, PS5, Switch, and PC)

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Via Gematsu

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars – Reforged will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, Switch, and PC via Steam on September 19, developer Revolution Software announced.

Accompanying PS Blog article:

About This Game​

Step out onto the streets of Paris in "Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars: Reforged", a substantially enhanced version of the multi-award winning, all-time classic adventure. Enjoy a globe-spanning story when intrepid American George Stobbart and fearless journalist Nico Collard are pitched into a gripping adventure, exploring exotic locations, solving ancient mysteries, and thwarting dark conspiracies to discover the arcane secrets of the Knights Templar.

Whether it's your first time or you're revisiting a beloved classic, get ready to enjoy the masterful “Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars: Reforged!”

Key Features:​

• Compelling Storyline: Dive into a gripping narrative filled with twists, turns, and unexpected revelations. Join George and Nico as they investigate a trail of mysteries that takes them from the bustling streets of Paris to exotic locales around Europe and the Middle East.
  • Classic Point-and-Click Gameplay: Discover, or rediscover, the joy of classic point-and-click mechanics as you solve puzzles, gather clues, and interact with a colorful cast of characters. Immerse yourself in an intuitive and engaging gameplay experience.
  • Fully Voice Acted: Lose yourself in the game's atmosphere with fully-voiced dialogue and engaging performances bringing a cast of wonderful, colorful characters to life.
  • Challenging Puzzles: Put your intellect to the test with thought-provoking puzzles that require observation, deduction, and creativity to solve. From deciphering codes to manipulating objects, every challenge is a step closer to uncovering the arcane secrets.

Reforged Features:​

• 4K Remastered Visuals: Experience the magic of the original game with enhanced high-definition graphics, bringing the picturesque landscapes, detailed characters, and intricate environments to life in beautiful 4K for the first time ever
  • Enhanced Audio: Immerse your ears in the enhanced audio as Revolution delivers the finest, most stunning version of George and Nico's original adventure to date, including the incredible soundtrack from world-acclaimed composer Barrington Pheloung.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Played this game for the first time on the GBA.
What an absolute waste to better the gfx.
I was totally invested in this game
On a freaking gba.

It’s like adding new font in a book 🤣

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
The first game genuinely kinda creeped me out sometimes when I played on PC as a kid. It's such a grand mystery/thriller and one of the first point n clicks I experienced where you could actually die (a far cry from the cheery goofy LucasArts games). The OST is just so well done and edited. When it would creep in during certain scenes after piecing together a puzzle it'd definitely send a shiver down the spine.

Second game was great too but never hit the highs of the original to me. Fell off the series completely after that.

Really excited for this.

THANKS FOR NOTHING, TODRICK

Last edited:

Ivan

Interesting to see they chose Sony as a marketing partner for this type of game... I have very fond memories of Ps1 version, I even played it on a Playstation mouse :D.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
You KNOW something? FUCK IT!!! If Limited Run Games scoops this up and releases a physical copy on the Switch, I'm in for the BILLIONTH time on this bitch.
Their previous release, Beyond a Steel Sky, received a physical version via Microids so maybe they'll partner with them again?

They did this Steelbook edition which I bought a few years back.

812CwA4f6UL._SL1500_.jpg

wa600

Paris in the fall, the last months of the year and the end of the millenium. The city holds many memories for me, of cafes, of music, of love, and of death.

Its funny how they are pretending the Director's Cut doesnt exist. Which I am glad about, since that one ruined the fantastic beginning of the original. Wasnt a fan of the added DS-style puzzles either. Removing hotspots George could interact with was also a very bizarre choice.

One main reason this game is easier to recommend than a lot of other Point & Click Adventures is that by letting the player only access smaller areas, you rarely get stuck for a longer time. I know people love to bring up the goat-puzzle, but I've encountered so much crazier how-were-i-supposed-to-figure-this-out puzzles in other games of this genre.

Dazraell

Will definitely pick this remaster, Broken Sword 1 is one of my favorite adventure games

Last edited:

King Dazzar

Really liked this all those years ago. Quite magical. I'm just not sure I'd enjoy the gameplay today though. Somethings are best left to memories I find. Great to see it getting some love regardless.

Last edited:

Allandor

Well I like that game, but how many remasters and are needed?

Wasn't there already a directors cut, special something remaster?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It's looks just how I remember it, but I know that it didn't look like that if that makes sense.

I can't find this on Steam. I see the older versions but not this one.
I've never played the Broken Sword games. Are they going to be remaking all of them?
This looks good.
Point and Click games like these work really well on the Steam Deck.

Edit-Found it by clicking on the developer link in the store.

Last edited:
Top Bottom