• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King wants McDonald's to collaborate on the 'McWhopper'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's fair enough Maccy Ds responded like that! Shave off the snark and that's the single only way to reply after being painted in a corner like that. Still, give me my McWhopper

Liberty4all

Banned
I think McDonalds should have tried to turn it around ... Agree but put a spin on it. As it stands they end up looking like dopey bad guys that don't want to help a charity which is still a win scenario for BK.

ItIsOkBro

A better response from McDonald's would have been: "Taking the best from a Big Mac and the best from a Whopper would result in a Big Mac"

I don't really agree with anyone saying this seems like a good idea. A one day, one location, one pop up for charity event? They could do multiple cities, multiple locations, but the press they get would probably be the same. This feels more like a company doing the bare minimum to get positive PR.

alvmew

That website was adorable. I'd probably never try it even if it wasn't in just one pop up, but I like the idea.

McDonald's response was awfully shitty. like most of their food

Ganhyun

well Atlanta is certainly full of sheep that love fast food, so this would be a resounding success

Whats with the dig at Atlanta man?

On topic, it would be a neat idea. With all the issues McDonalds is having, this would be good PR for them too.

Alienous

What an un-fun reply from McDonalds.

A better response from McDonald's would have been: "Taking the best from a Big Mac and the best from a Whopper would result in a Big Mac"

Haha. You know, McDonalds should do a heel turn. Everyone hates them already anyway.

Lotto

the amount of burger king fans in here disgusts me
sick.gif

i'd try the mcwhopper though.

Shaffield

Whats with the dig at Atlanta man?

On topic, it would be a neat idea. With all the issues McDonalds is having, this would be good PR for them too.

I live there and the fast food situation is out of control. The frenzy over new Cookout locations is ridiculous

Thanks to this thread i want some McDonalds and will go grab some in a few.

Whoppers are way better than big macs.

Also i want to try this Buttermilk chicken sandwich on the commercial.

Expectations are low of course

Never had one of those Big Kings but isn't this already the same general idea from Burger King if people were really curious?

burger-king-big-king.jpg

Yeah the Big King is a shitty knock off the Big Mac, I only tried it once but it's terrible. It doesn't use regular Whopper patties, I think they're from the Whopper Jr. And of course it doesn't look anything like that picture.

"hi we're burger king and this would be neat. it's not a big impact but it'd raise awareness for a cause"

hi im steve and I run mcdonalds and I say fuck your stupid idea, losers

make me waste my god damn time by putting this out in public instead of letting me shit on you over an email

fuck the whopper

hbkdx12

This came off to me as suuuuper passive aggressive.

Aside from the whole thing being passive aggressive as fuck, the whole "a simple phone will do next time" is the stand out gem as it basically reads: we don't want to be publicly associated with you in any way and fuck you for making me have to respond to this publicly to save face for me and my brand.

Sanjuro

Go buy all that shit, and then let us know how that shit tasted! After you take a shit.

The McDonald's part is a bit difficult. Also, wish there could be something more than just the sauce, but nothing really would go with it correctly.

My favorite is still the McGriddleBurger though from them.

kirby_fox

Banned
I like this and want to see more. Go deeper.

I want an entire day where companies sell products that cross together like this. Or a whole week. Give me wild cherry real sugar coke, and vanilla coke Pepsi.

Toth

Wow BK comes across as very cool and McDonalds as condescending and rude. The p.s line wAs exceptionally crude and passive aggressive.

Sanjuro

Wow BK comes across as very cool and McDonalds as condescending and rude. The p.s line wAs exceptionally crude and passive aggressive.

That's just positioning. If they both came out together with this, fine. Instead it looks like Burger King is the dominant force here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom