• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King wants McDonald's to collaborate on the 'McWhopper'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vodh

I have no clue how anyone would ever say mcd's is better than bk unless they have 20 years 2 packs a day chain smoker's dead tastebuds. That said, I'd try a whopper with bigmac sauce. Too bad all we got is a whole bunch of salt from Mcd's.

Sanjuro

I have no clue how anyone would ever say mcd's is better than bk unless they have 20 years 2 packs a day chain smoker's dead tastebuds. That said, I'd try a whopper with bigmac sauce. Too bad all we got is a whole bunch of salt from Mcd's.

Easy. You are talking about two fast food franchises both loaded with hit or miss items. Burger King is also largely the unhealthiest out of the major three, but that is kind of their angle in the game.

Bubba T

I'm surprised there is no "both places suck, [insert random local food store] is so much better" post yet. GAF is slipping.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Lol what financial sense does this serve McDonalds again? Bk trying to ride the real kings coattails.

Harmen

Haha, wow, people thinking the Mc reply is salty or passive agressive? I think it is a correct reply.

BK uses their competition and war for their own marketing here. Good business move if you ask me, but McDonalds simply states the facts here. If you truly want to conduct business and create a burger together for goodwill, you approach that company personally instead of launching it into the public.

I'd buy it

kewlmyc

Bit of a shitty move by Burger King. They know McDonalds will look like douchebags if they say no. Work out your deals yourself instead of doing some public blackmailing "for charity."

That said, I'm sure the multi billion companies will survive.

True, but McDs could of picked a way better way of saying no than that.

lightus

A lot of people in here are taking what BK says at face value and I have no idea why. This is a clear marketing stunt. If they had any actual intention of doing this they'd contact McDonald's first to work out the details.

I mean just look at the event itself. One city for one day? It's clear they did that so that on the off chance McD's does agree they'd only have to pay the minimum amount to host it.

I like Burger King more too but come on.

DJ_Lae

Even though it's a stunt, I would totally try a McWhopper. You could probably cobble together your own quite easily.

A lot of people in here are taking what BK says at face value and I have no idea why. This is a clear marketing stunt. If they had any actual intention of doing this they'd contact McDonald's first to work out the details.

The problem is McDonald's half-assed the reply. BK came off as fun and thoughtful. McDonald's was one part "cool bro millennial talk" and two parts "corporate killjoy."

The difference in the two brands speaks for itself. BK knows they've got low tier burgers and shit, they embrace it. McD's is still delusional.

Robot Pants

Whopper is amazing.
Big Mac....eh. The sauce obviously is the only thing that stands out.
I'd eat a whopper with the sauce on it. Sure give it to me

Big PR Gaff by Mcdonalds.

What were they thinking writing that tweet, its so contradictory,

"Hey buddy the fast food business is all fun between friends, but fuck you if we are going to jointly create a great product that benefits charity"

Sanjuro

Big PR Gaff by Mcdonalds.

What were they thinking writing that tweet, its so contradictory,

"Hey buddy the fast food business is all fun between friends, but fuck you if we are going to jointly create a great product that benefits charity"

...except it's business and not fun. They would look like fools if they agreed to this.

Soupy

Banned
No love for the Wendy's Triple Baconator?

This burger says 'Murica all over it.

500x500-Baconator3-300x3001.png

KorrZ

McDonalds: nofunallowed.jpg

Burger King has always been way better anyways.

Whopper > Big Mac
BK Poutine > McDs plain ass fries
Angry Whopper > All of McDonalds

...except it's business and not fun. They would look like fools if they agreed to this.

As if anyone gives a fuck. They sell fucking burgers.

I get there is a small point to not being lead by a competitor, but Mcdonalds response, its terrible, look at Steve condesending PS ring me next time message. Sheesh

Sanjuro

I get there is a small point to not being lead by a competitor, but Mcdonalds response, its terrible, look at Steve condesending PS ring me next time message. Sheesh

Yo, Apple. How about we get together one day to show solidarity. It'll be a Nokia Lumina running iOS! It'll be great. What do you say old chaps?! - Microsoft

OMG!! Yes!!!!!!!!! - Apple

Exactly, "let's make a joint product on peace day" is disrespectful for what the day is trying to represent.

And BK was being disingenuous by doing that in a public ad.

bebop242

Don't really like either, but I'd pick a Whopper over a Big Mac every day of the week.

Kinda a dick move on Burger Kings part on this.

Yo, Apple. How about we get together one day to show solidarity. It'll be a Nokia Lumina running iOS! It'll be great. What do you say old chaps?! - Microsoft

Well obviously but thats a terrible analogy.

$1 consumable fast food item vs $500 electronic device

Exactly, "let's make a joint product on peace day" is disrespectful for what the day is trying to represent.

Something better then nothing for the charities involved I'm sure

True, but it is a great idea with nice visual execution, I mean we clicked on the neogaf link and decided to post so there is something in the idea

Kyzer

Banned

The proceeds go to a charity that is literally for world peace. Giant corporations being philanthropic and teaming up with charitable organizations are a great win for society. What's disingenuous? The fact that you negatively connotate "corporation" ? It would only be a good or honest idea if it was some non profit that runs off of volunteers and sells hugs? Those don't make money thats why this is a good idea lol

Don't be a hero hipster

ItIsOkBro

Apple could say no and Microsoft would look like a fool.

If Apple offered, Microsoft could say no and Microsoft would look like a fool.

Actually, that is a terrible analogy.

Billion dollar fast food company vs. Billion dollar fast food company

Oh man stop, I'm talking about the Big Mac vs The Whopper and you pull out a comparison about a Nokia Lumiwhat playing iOS - I know this is neogaf but in the wider world only a very small majority would understand that reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom