• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 3 | Read the OP, and Prepare to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheska

Want To Sell

Xenoblade Chronicles X $40 shipped

Fire Emblem Conquest (still sealed) $35 shipped

Gameboy Micro with Camo Faceplate plus charger and Final Fantasy VI cart (loose, no box or manual) $100 shipped
YreYaUql.jpg

Ace Attorney Investigations CSI DS/DSi case $50 shipped
toICTUgl.jpg

US only please.

apav

WTB all dozen of those massive pictures of one DAC so we don't have to see them again.

Sure, if someone buys it I won't have to keep posting it. :) But all pictures are massive here, that's why we have to wrap them in quotes!

Not until I see a better shot of the box damage and a 4K reboxing video.

You can't be too detailed when selling something, a buyer could lie and say the item is different as described. Of course box damage is small, but I still like to be honest and straightforward about everything.

Are you guys really taking an issue with someone's post in a for sale thread?

Soulflarz

Banned
Sure, if someone buys it I won't have to keep posting it. :) But all pictures are massive here, that's why we have to wrap them in quotes!

You can't be too detailed when selling something, a buyer could lie and say the item is different as described.

I really don't see why you guys have a problem with me listing my things for sale in a for sale thread.

I'm relatively indifferent, but I've seen many people call it out over the past few months around GAF, yeah.
It's because you're posting a half dozen images of one item, while most people are posting one. It's a waste of thread space, you can post one and link to an image gallery or say more photos on request.
The other reason some people got annoyed was the fact that some $5 games that were $5 bargain bin games (Halo 4 comes to mind) were listed for many months in a row when it can get tiring to see it, especially when it's stuff that clearly isn't going to sell.

Just food for thought about future listings.

apav

legit shook

Me too. Took time but I didn't mind, they were just sitting on my shelf anyway.

I'm relatively indifferent, but I've seen many people call it out over the past few months around GAF, yeah.
It's because you're posting a half dozen images of one item, while most people are posting one. It's a waste of thread space, you can post one and link to an image gallery or say more photos on request.
The other reason some people got annoyed was the fact that some $5 games that were $5 bargain bin games (Halo 4 comes to mind) were listed for many months in a row when it can get tiring to see it, especially when it's stuff that clearly isn't going to sell.

Just food for thought about future listings.

Appreciate the thought. I'll take that into consideration about the pictures. Maybe I'll just link an album from now on. As for listing items not in demand over and over again, I'm not so sure if I agree. They have a better chance of selling if I continuously make posts including them, and others do it too. Then are you taking issue with it because I'm trying to sell bargain bin items? It's not really against the rules, but I understand it's annoying. They sold eventually, and for me it was worth the time to take a few seconds out of my day to copy and paste the post. I understand you're annoyed, but I have the right to post them and I really don't think other people getting tired of seeing challenges that right. You know who I am and what I'm selling, it only takes a few seconds to scroll past me. I'm abiding by the 150-200 post minimum, and sometimes I don't have time to log in and end up posting it much later.

Well I'm currently not selling anything else except for the DAC, so at the very list I'll consolidate the images and then there's nothing to worry about. I apologize if I have inconvenienced and annoyed any of you. I really haven't looked in the thread besides posting for months, and no one has sent me any messages about it, so I had no idea I've been called out. I'll at least take all of this into consideration for the future.

Jimrpg

Would like to trade a Transocean key if anyone has one?

Happy to trade back an Abyss Odyessy, Contagion, Divinity: Dragon Commander key if anyone is interested! Thanks!

ShyGuy

It's been 13 pages so I hope it's OK to bump this

FOR SALE

Xbox One digital code of Halo 5 Guardians - Limited Edition

The limited edition that comes with a REQ bundle, dossiers on the game's characters, the Fall of Reach episodes.

I'm in Australia and this is the Australian version of the game, I'm 99.9% sure you can buy it and use it with any region Xbox Live account so should be ok worldwide?

This is the code so I can email pics of the code for all of the above.

Price? Let's say...AU$65? Or...US$50?

I have positive feedback here, if that helps.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Absolutely. Just post one picture and be done with it. Interested parties will contact you. We don't all want to download big photos, quoted or not, and scroll through it all. It's just being polite. You don't need to have a huge billboard for your items.

BHK3

Banned

Considering that literally more than 50% of your entire post count consists of trying to sell the same 4 bargain bin games, which got sold off site anyway, just really goes to show how bad it is to be tone deaf. I shouldn't have to proverbially pull you aside and be like "hey man you're being kinda annoying chill out with that" when everyone has been making jabs at you in public.

I'm sad you ruined my daily cycle of Open up b/s/t thread, scroll past ventaras post, scroll past like 2 other vendors, scroll past halo tlou halo 5 Prometheus bc2, scroll past 30 feedback posts, see something interesting, close tab.

DonMigs85

Anybody willing to trade $10 PlayStation Store or Steam credit for a $10 Microsoft gift code? My friend gave it to me for my birthday, but it won't let me redeem it on my Philippine account for some reason, even if I change the region on my PC.

apav

Absolutely. Just post one picture and be done with it. Interested parties will contact you. We don't all want to download big photos, quoted or not, and scroll through it all. It's just being polite. You don't need to have a huge billboard for your items.

Considering that literally more than 50% of your entire post count consists of trying to sell the same 4 bargain bin games, which got sold off site anyway, just really goes to show how bad it is to be tone deaf. I shouldn't have to proverbially pull you aside and be like "hey man you're being kinda annoying chill out with that" when everyone has been making jabs at you in public.

I'm sad you ruined my daily cycle of Open up b/s/t thread, scroll past ventaras post, scroll past like 2 other vendors, scroll past halo tlou halo 5 Prometheus bc2, scroll past 30 feedback posts, see something interesting, close tab.

My intention was never to increase the size of my post so it takes up a large space. I'm just detailed oriented. I always take many photos for the more expensive items. But I understand the issue, I apologized for it, and I will change it from now on.

It's not a matter of being tone deaf. I never said I didn't realize how this could be annoying, I just said I didn't know I have been called out. I didn't think people would be that annoyed to casually mock me indirectly. It can't be because of my posting frequency. The rule is 150-200 post minimum, which is 3-4 pages. I assumed people wouldn't be annoyed if I followed that. I usually post even less frequent than that. As for selling bargain bin items, I only recently started selling here. That's what I was selling at the time, but I usually sell more expensive items.

I'll make my posts smaller by making multiple images an album link, so it's easier to scroll past me. But after thinking about it I will not amend the frequency that I post or the types of items that I sell here. If you have a problem with it so much please take it up with the mods and ask them to reevaluate the current precedent.

DonMigs85

Anybody willing to trade $10 PlayStation Store or Steam credit for a $10 Microsoft gift code? My friend gave it to me for my birthday, but it won't let me redeem it on my Philippine account for some reason, even if I change the region on my PC.
I guess I can also sell it for $9

nilbog21

Banned
I have a nintendo Wii U with gamepad + controller and few games: DK tropical storm, MK8, and Mario Bros.. maybe few others

How much can I get for this? Played for like 30 minutes total, pretty much brand new

Animekatt

WTS

Disney Anywhere
Antman *sold*

UV
Straight Outta Compton *sold*
Sicario *sold*
John Wick $3
Fast and the Furious 6 $2
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 $2
Interstellar $2
How to Train your Dragon 2 $2

I will accept Paypal F&F.

KevinG

Still selling or trading:
$20 Vudu Credit
For $20 (maybe I'm getting greedy, $10 is fine) Amazon Gift Card or digital copy of a movie or two.
SOLD/TRADED

Selling:
Game of Thrones - Season 5
Digital Copy - works on both Vudu AND iTunes.
$15 or Trade

Xizk

Positive Buyer Feedback for MichaelEM3

Paid right away.

Positive Buyer Feedback for Woody Invincible

Replied and paid right away.

Positive Buyer Feedback for VindictiveGnome

Also paid quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom