• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 3 | Read the OP, and Prepare to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
What's not legit?
A laptop and a broken phone?

What? I don't get what the issue is. Its a broken iphone 6s plus. The imei is clean but its broken. What more can I say about it. Its a broken, non working iphone 6s plus. I broke a copper xperia z3 and sold it on amazon, stating it was broken and somebody bought it. People can fix stuff like this.

Also the laptop..uh...what have I posted that was "bad info"?

Where should I begin?

First, your feedback on Amazon is meaningless and if it's bad, I wouldn't tell anyone.

Second, people aren't going to buy from you if you are making excuses for bad feedback.

Third, this is a direct transaction thread. Nothing outside here.

Fourth, you are selling something that's broken. You're not the first person to sell a broken thing, but then you talk like you know some secret way to fix it. Sounds like a shady craigslist ad.

Fifth, you are a junior member.

You have to understand that good salesmanship is about presentation, and you make an awful first impression.

Where should I begin?

First, your feedback on Amazon is meaningless and if it's bad, I wouldn't tell anyone.

Second, people aren't going to buy from you if you are making excuses for bad feedback.

Third, this is a direct transaction thread. Nothing outside here.

Fourth, you are selling something that's broken. You're not the first person to sell a broken thing, but then you talk like you know some secret way to fix it. Sounds like a shady craigslist ad.

Fifth, you are a junior member.

You have to understand that good salesmanship is about presentation, and you make an awful first impression.

First. I've sold like 50 things on Amazon and only had 3 or 4 leave reviews. 2 being negative. So I explained why that was.

Second. Excuses? You are making insinuations that my explanations are illegitimate by the use of the word "excuses". All I did was offer a secure way to buy the laptop, A way where Amazon would protect you in the case of anything going wrong, as I did not have a paypal account at the time.

Third. Somebody already explained that and that I could use amazon payments or whatever. I just quoted my earlier post and forgot to take down the amazon mentions.

Fourth. There was nothing shady. We arent meeting behind a Taco Bell at night.

Fifth. If you have an issue with anything then PM me. Don't cause nonsense on a BST thread.

There I fixed everything. All you had to do was PM me.

White_sox

WTS: Rainbow Six Siege X1 physical copy $25 shipped with tracking within the CONUS.

Also have an Alan Wake code from quantum break. $5?

Question

I inquired with a seller about an item and we agreed to a price. They sent me their payment information, but I had to run some errands. They sent me a follow up PM an hour after the payment information was sent, but I was still out. When I got back two hours later, I promptly sent payment and about 45 minutes later, told me that they sold the item. It took them another 30 minutes to refund my money.

Neutral or Negative?

This is pretty bad in my opinion. If two people agree upon a price, then it should be applicable for at least 48 hours. Not even giving you 24 hours is pretty maddening. Also, did you use PayPal? Don't you have to actually accept funds for the transfer to go through? Why would the seller accept it and then wait to refund you the money?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
This is pretty bad in my opinion. If two people agree upon a price, then it should be applicable for at least 48 hours. Not even giving you 24 hours is pretty maddening. Also, did you use PayPal? Don't you have to actually accept funds for the transfer to go through? Why would the seller accept it and then wait to refund you the money?
I disagree. Could the seller leave the buyer bad feedback if the buyer backed out? As a seller, I feel like first to pay gets it. Otherwise, you hold items for people that could always back out. Then I'd potentially be stuck holding the item for nothing, if new buyers go elsewhere.

I'm ok with your assessment if we hold buyers to the same obligation as you want to hold sellers.

LilJoka

Im looking to sell my HTPC

Its using a Wesena like ITX case
43e813a9_vbattach247683.jpeg

But a knock off i got from ebay a few years back, cant remember the name. Its the exact same as in the photo but the DVD drive button is on the left and it has a small LCD Screen (which i dont use, but included). I have carefully removed the Tendraw label too, no marks left behind.
Somewhere i have a box with the DVD tray etc as this is not in the case atm.

Specs
Intel DH61AG ITX
i5 3470T (off top of my head but in this class)
2x4GB RAM again i think its 1333Mhz, but will check if its important for you.
Intel 160GB SSD X25 model
I have built my own IR module that is attached to the CIR header on the board and then hot glued into place -> works awesome from any angle and distance!
Uses an Akasa CPU fan, its slightly larger than the stock coolers we get on Intel coolers today. Its been silenced with a resister in line.
And also it incorporates a Xbox 360 fan (yes i know, BAD!) but dont fret, its been silenced. The only time you hear it is on spin up since the board spins up the fans to 100% on startup for a second. Its setup to exhaust.
Windows 7 installed and ready to go - WIn 10 upgrade is available for it.
Power brick included.

Case has no marks or scratches, its all in like-new condition.

You can turn on and off the machine (yes from shutdown S5 state) with the on/off button on any Windows Media Centre type remote (RC6 protocol). I use my logitech Harmony, the 360 media remote works, and so do all the other microsoft RC6 media remotes).

Its all built for silence, so you wont hear a peep when you are even a foot away.

Im in the UK, and looking for about £300 (negotiable of course).

If anyone is actually interested i can get photos.

Labadal

I disagree. Could the seller leave the buyer bad feedback if the buyer backed out? As a seller, I feel like first to pay gets it. Otherwise, you hold items for people that could always back out. Then I'd potentially be stuck holding the item for nothing, if new buyers go elsewhere.

I'm ok with your assessment if we hold buyers to the same obligation as you want to hold sellers.

He paid and was refunded. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone here, just saying.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
He paid and was refunded. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone here, just saying.
He paid later, didn't he? Not right then. As the seller, first cash in hand gets the item. I don't want to be stuck with the item of the original buyer backs out. IMO.

Labadal

He paid later, didn't he? Not right then. As the seller, first cash in hand gets the item. I don't want to be stuck with the item of the original buyer backs out. IMO.

Maybe you're right. I think both the buyer and seller in this particular case made mistakes, though. Oh well, I think it's best for both of them to move on now that we have heard both of their views on the matter.

AkumaNiko

WTS:

PS4
Dragon Quest Heroes - $25 shipped
Witch and the hundred knight - $30 shipped
Megadimension neptunia vii - $40 shipped

Also have the newer Chromecast. Sold

SLEIhbg.png
S9i5ey0.png

+27 Seller, +11 Buyer

Links will take you to a photo. I can provide additional photos upon request. All prices includes shipping to US. I will ship outside of US, but it has to be a method that provides tracking, so will probably be pricey.
Accepting Paypal F/F (friends and family) or G/S (goods and services). Prices for G/S a little higher to cover fees. See below. I will ship protected and with tracking either way! Unless it’s a Sunday or postal holiday, I’ll always be able to ship out within 24 hours of payment.
Full disclosure: I do put some of my items on eBay as well. However, the prices are always higher (to cover fees) and I will wait a few days before putting them up there to give people here first shot. I'll list them at least twice here before putting them on eBay.

sleihbg0aqbp.png

WTS

Spare digital code from my Blu-ray collection:

Batman: Bad Blood (UV HD) - $3 SOLD
---------------------------------------------------

I accept Amazon Gift Cards as payment.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
WTS UK only -
White Playstation TV
Vertical stand
16GB Vita memory card
Your choice of a black Sixaxis controller or a yellowing white Dualshock 3
power supply but no mains cable (standard figure of 8 cable)

Asian version so swapped OX buttons but works fine for remote play or vita/PSone games.

£20 delivered for everything.
u3asKSg.png

Sony GCM10 Dual shock 4 clip - attaches to your DS4 and lets you mount a phone/small tablet - £10 delivered

Ezalc

WTB

Super Metroid, original cart only in good to great condition
Super Punch-Out, original cart only in good to great condition
Secret of Mana, original cart only in good to great condition
Street racer, original cart only in good to great condition

Kirby 64, original cart only in good to great condition

F-Zero GBA games, original carts only please, box or manual not needed.
Top Gear Rally GBA, original cart only please, box or manual not needed.

Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls for PS3, with box and manual in good to great condition. Digital codes are not required

Ninja Gaiden black, with original box and inserts in good to great condition

WTS:

Steam gift cards. I have 3 $50 gift cards. Willing to sell each of them for $45. Code will be delivered upon payment. Willing to take Paypal.

Repost. Still looking for some buyers. Prices aren't set in stone, so don't feel timid to ask about things. Pictures are provided upon request and I still haven't gotten around to getting photos of the cold cast figure. The one provided is pretty representative.

For sale!
•PSP Go White with soft case. Includes an 8gb memory card. 100 + shipping to you.
• Bravely Default Collector's Edition. Never opened the soundtrack or pack of cards. The game will be wiped and ready for your use. $70 plus your choice of shipping.
•Diablo III Collector's Edition. All CE stuff has barely been touched, including the USB stick. Code for the game is used. $50 plus your choice of shipping.
•Yakuza 2. Sealed. Found this sitting with my other games, never even opened it. $70 shipped.

Last but certainly not least, a cold cast ceramic figure set from Final Fantasty VI. It's the Opera scene featuring Celes, the castle, and a stone piece that holds a title card for the scene. All pieces interior are in perfect condition. The only wear to the item is the exterior box. It's a bit yellowed and has some impact kinks on it. The entire thing is slipped around the styrofoam that the ceramic piece rests in.

Here is a picture from a recent EBay auction for the item. Mine is in similar condition. It's a very rare collectible, officially licensed product I picked up when I visited Japan in 2001 (Collector number 1909/3000). I simply don't have anywhere to put it and it might go better with someone else's collection.

I'm not asking the same as the man on EBay, but I'm entertaining offers seriously. $400 is about what I'm looking for. Even let your friends know. I'd like this to get to the right person who would love it.

s-l1600.jpg

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Looking to sell a WiiU I recently purchased for Pokken Tournament.

Got bored of it pretty quickly. Only used it for the first weekend the game was released and for an hour or two with a few demos. The console comes with all original contents. Preloaded with Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land. The box is a little beat up but the console and gamepad are in perfect condition. No scratches or signs of wear. Some things such as the HDMI cord, dock and stand were never touched.

Pokken Tournament does not come with the Mewtwo card.

Hoping to get $320 shipped for the console + pokken tournament game and controller or 70$ shipped for pokken tournament and controller.

NeoGAF Plus (previously Gold) seller. Located in the U.S. All prices include shipping!

Want:

PayPal
GTX 980 or 980 Ti

WTS:

EVGA GTX 770 4GB - $250
Astro A40 Headset only (used with PS4) - $70
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood PS4 (sealed) - $15
PlayStation All Stars Vita (sealed) - $10

Final Fantasy XIII Elixir Set (drinks still sealed) - Imported from Japan! (Shipping will be expensive) Send offers!

Alan Wake Survival Bundle: Official Guide + Hardcover Artbook (sealed) - $25
Canon EF 75-300mm Lens (open packaging, but never used) - $80
Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Wide Angle Lens - $250
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 Prime Lens - $250

_RT_

WTB:
Uncharted Collection for PS4 (digital).

Played them all back in the day, but I find myself with some time to kill today and I'd love to play them again on the ps4

Thanks-

Lots of Digital Stuff to Sell. Mostly movies, a couple games, and one Disney Points item.

Star Wars the Force Awakens Disney DigitalHD Code $5
Creed UV $4
Game of Thrones Season 5 UV and iTunes $10
The Flash Season 1 $5
Arrow Season 3 $5
Arrow Season 2 $5
True Detective Season 1 $5
Birdman UV $4
Rick and Morty Season 1 UV $4 Pending
About Time $3
Black Sails Seasons 1 & 2 UV $5 each or $8 and I'll get you both codes.

Lego Movie Video Game PS TV/PS Vita $5
Witcher III Hearts of Stone Xbox 1 Code $5

Disney Movie Magic Code from the Hayao Miyazaki Collection. 800 points $4
Disney Movie magic Code from Brave $2

I have a few older ones, but all that I've sold seemed to work fine. $2 each

Savages UV and iTunes
Perks of Being a Wallflower UV and iTunes
American Sniper UV
Scott Pilgrim UV and itunes Pending
Oblivion

Invis

WTS: Destiny Xbox One - $15 shipped

iPhone 4S AT&T 16GB Very Good Condition. Comes with original box and charger. - $75 shipped

Funko Pop! Vinyl TIE Fighter Pilot #90 Chase (Smuggler's Bounty) - $57 shipped

WTB: The World's End / Hot Fuzz / Shaun of the Dead Trilogy Blu-ray

The Ultimate Matrix Collection Blu-ray

300 - The Complete Experience Blu-ray

Mark5130

For Sale

$10 PSN Currency Code - $9 PP gift or fees paid.

Layers of Fear Steam Code - $10 PP gift of fees paid.

Collection of four Star Wars Classics PS4 Code - $10 PP gift or fees paid.

Want To Buy

Final Fight 3 SNES with box and manual.

TraBuch

Banned
Dumb question, but just realized I've never actually paid for anything with PayPal without there being money in the account. Can I send money that I don't have in my account and it'll automatically charge my bank account, or do I need to transfer money into the PayPal account first?

Dumb question, but just realized I've never actually paid for anything with PayPal without there being money in the account. Can I send money that I don't have in my account and it'll automatically charge my bank account, or do I need to transfer money into the PayPal account first?

Yes, if PP is tied to your bank account it will just remove from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom