• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Kyoufu

Do you have to pick 3 streaks like in Black Ops or can you use all the killstreaks in a single match provided you get the kills needed?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The Xtortionist said:
He answered someone else about it last week. SitRep Pro *will* cancel out DS. Hopefully the pro challenge isn't a bitch in this one.

fourzerotwo Robert Bowling
@lDirtyDonkeyl Yes. SitRep Pro cancels Dead Silence.

FUCK YEAH!

Now I just gotta decide if blast shield will be worth using if I also use trophy.

I know I'm using dead eye.

kuYuri

I get an email from Xbox about CoD exclusive rewards for playing alot of CoD. Open email and I get...

Wallpapers. Lol, fuck you MS.

I need to hurry up and beat Gears 3 but I've solely been playing Batman since my brother rented it to me..gah so many games out!!!! I think the g/f is gonna get it for me though. Sucks I won't have it when it comes out but I can wait.

Angry Fork

What about a gaf clan for PS3 players? =(

And what is this party restriction mentioned here?

@fourzerotwo Is there any XBL Party restrictions on any of the playlists like there was for MW2?

@TehBombR Yes, but its limited to Search and Destroy.

jgminto

Alienshogun said:
Tac insert is back.
I know that but in FFA? It's so annoying when 2 players set up camp in a corner of the map and boost up levels and challenges while I'm trying to play the game normally.

legacyzero

Banned
Angry Fork said:
What about a gaf clan for PS3 players? =(

And what is this party restriction mentioned here?
So good. This shit ruined MW2 for my entire friendslist. Nothing worse that having to listen to all the fuckwads in the lobbies.
The Xtortionist said:
But without boosting there won't be any BOOSTER JUSTICE
Some of the funniest shit on youtube.

@fourzerotwo Is there any XBL Party restrictions on any of the playlists like there was for MW2?

@TehBombR Yes, but its limited to Search and Destroy.

Thank god! I've been asking 402 about this for months and he never answered. Good to see they took it out for the most part.

J2d

jgminto said:
I know that but in FFA? It's so annoying when 2 players set up camp in a corner of the map and boost up levels and challenges while I'm trying to play the game normally.
Then you kill them and follow them around and kill them, or maybe you wait until they are about to unlock some high level streak and then kill them or pretend to be with them and betray them. If you are playing on the xbox you can also follow them from game to game.
How is that not more fun than just about anything else that FFA can offer? Stop seeing it as a problem (unless it's in ground war because sometimes it can be hard to stop these assholes) and instead view it as an excellent way to grief people.

My gamestop called me to remind me to pick it up on Tuesday. They are opening 2 hours early in the morning for it. So canadians, might be the same for you.

DRE Fei

They said the same thing about blops and mw2 when it comes to resetting stats on launch and it didn't happen. It's just bullshit as usual.

Haha just went 1-7 online I gotta get used to the quick pace again. The sound of the guns will blow you away. It's so improved it almost dwarfs BF3.

Liquidsnake said:
Haha just went 1-7 online I gotta get used to the quick pace again. The sound of the guns will blow you away. It's so improved it almost dwarfs BF3.

I do love that high-pitched "crack" they all seem to have.

Liquidsnake said:
I noticed that shit through youtube videos. Can't imagine on 5.1.

Edit- How many players online? 360 or PS3?

So there is a radar in this game right? Like the motion senser in Black Ops? I used that quite a bit. I didn't see it in the OP, either it's not there or I'm blind. Does it work the same way as the one in black ops?

Nemic77

iNvidious01 said:
my order got posted tonight, should be here saturday. noyce

edit: i ordered with game uk

Nice. Will you be doing youtube commentaries this time around? I enjoyed some of your MW2 uploads, but the channel I was subscribed to seems to have been deleted?

-Pyromaniac- said:
So there is a radar in this game right? Like the motion senser in Black Ops? I used that quite a bit. I didn't see it in the OP, either it's not there or I'm blind. Does it work the same way as the one in black ops?

Yep, unlocks at a hella high level though.

Kung Fu Grip said:
I noticed that shit through youtube videos. Can't imagine on 5.1.

Edit- How many players online? 360 or PS3?

360 the lobby's are full. There are a few connection and server issues though.

Lots of stuttering going on :(

couple quick questions for those that have it and have played online:

1. How does damage feel on the guns with the removal of the Stopping Power perk? Does it feel like all guns have stopping power defaulted in?

2. How are the map layouts? Maybe too early to tell...but would love to hear impressions. Do they feel more like CoD4 or MW2?

Nardonicus said:

1. How does damage feel on the guns with the removal of the Stopping Power perk? Does it feel like all guns have stopping power defaulted in?

2. How are the map layouts? Maybe too early to tell...but would love to hear impressions. Do they feel more like CoD4 or MW2?
or blackops?

Nardonicus said:

I haven't played too much but the maps seem like really maze-y, corridor affairs. More like MW2 then COD4 for sure. Not digging it so far but I don't really know my way around yet. Some friends that have been putting more hours into it than me HATE the maps though. "Claustrophobic" was one way they described them.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Kyoufu said:
That sucks for those who bought the game early.

No that is awesome. Good connections are hard to find before launch. Now I can go crazy all weekend learning the levels and I'll get to start fresh Tuesday with good knowledge of the game.

I was actually going to play this weekend with a dummy account. Now I don't have to.

Mengetsu

Liquidsnake said:
360 the lobby's are full. There are a few connection and server issues though.

Lots of stuttering going on :(

Wha? No no..*Flashbacks of BLOPS at launch* Please tell me you had rooms that were fine for the most part.

Nori Chan

1. CommonSense43, ProtoCents
2. backflip10019, backflip10019
3. Matts Legacy, Matts Legacy
4. jgminto, jgminto
5. DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
6. Strider2K99, Strider2K99
7. The Japanator, The Japanator
8. cameltoe, cameltoe
9. Noriega, xGeneral Ice

Interficium said:
I haven't played too much but the maps seem like really maze-y, corridor affairs. More like MW2 then COD4 for sure. Not digging it so far but I don't really know my way around yet. Some friends that have been putting more hours into it than me HATE the maps though. "Claustrophobic" was one way they described them.

Damn, pretty much the exact opposite of what I wanted to hear. Maybe they get better when you get to know them more?

CoD4 maps were perfection.....sigh.

Nardonicus said:
Damn, pretty much the exact opposite of what I wanted to hear. Maybe they get better when you get to know them more?

Gameplay-wise it feels like a mixture of the "EVERYTHING IS OP" feel of MW2 and the Homogenized "EVERYTHING IS THE SAME BUT FAIR" feel of Blops, but I haven't unlocked nearly anything. I can tell you the noob tube has like no splash damage any more.

cameltoe

Interficium said:
Gameplay-wise it feels like a mixture of the "EVERYTHING IS OP" feel of MW2 and the Homogenized "EVERYTHING IS THE SAME BUT FAIR" feel of Blops, but I haven't unlocked nearly anything. I can tell you the noob tube has like no splash damage any more.

Excellent!

My copy shipped, will have it Sat

Victrix

*beard*
Nardonicus said:

I don't agree with this at all, and I'm not wearing nostalgia goggles because I was playing CoD4 the other night. New maps are good. There's a few I don't like, but it's more personal distaste than 'these maps suck'.

Gamertag & callofduty.com Username
1. CommonSense43, ProtoCents
2. backflip10019, backflip10019
3. Matts Legacy, Matts Legacy
4. jgminto, jgminto
5.DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
6. Strider2K99, Strider2K99
7. The Japanator, The Japanator
8. cameltoe, cameltoe
9. Noriega, xGeneral Ice
10. Testoftide, Newmanizor56

Victrix said:
I don't agree with this at all, and I'm not wearing nostalgia goggles because I was playing CoD4 the other night. New maps are good. There's a few I don't like, but it's more personal distaste than 'these maps suck'.

To each their own I guess. My personal opinion was that CoD4 is still the pinnacle of map design for the series.

MW2 was a mixed bag for me. Loved some, hated others. and BLOPS I just didn't care for those maps much at all. Too many spaces and places you could go, too confusing.

I know they have said for MW3, maps will have fewer danger spots and clearer sight lines, so I am optimistic.

Top Bottom