• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Spy

vatstep said:
As it stands, the deal is set to expire this weekend. Sucks, considering they've added all the other big recent releases. It'd be nice if they decide to extend it and include MW3 and Skyrim.
I would love to get Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3. MW3 is my #1 priority though so it doesn't look like I'll be doing the deal. ffffffffffff

Angry Fork

BigNastyCurve said:
I don't understand how channels get shut down just because someone is playing the game early. I mean if they bought the fucking game and didn't pirate it, who the fuck cares?
activision_board_meeting.jpg

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
One interesting touch I noticed while that stream was still up is that your rank from the previous four games is shown on your callsign while in lobbies.

Radec

GAF | PSN
Global: MW3NeoGAF
TacticalFox88 | NightBlade88
Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
The Last Wizard | Nighthawk17

Anyone getting elite and do the clan thing?

Can't seem to create an account on callofduty.com right now :/

Victrix said:
I... don't even register the camper complaints. They just don't make a lot of sense to me. I realize they bug the shit out of some people but they've been around since the dawn of fps gaming, you still haven't figured out how to deal with em?

Let's go through some scenarios:

1) He camps, he kills you, you see his killcam and know where you died. You return and grenade/shoot him through a wall.

2) He camps, kills you and a few other people, contributes nothing to the scoreboard in tdm, never caps an objective in objective modes, contributes nothing.

3) He camps, you spot him next to his portable radar through the wall with Sitrep and drill his dumb ass.

4) He camps, you toss a concussion grenade into the room/alley/whatever and light him up with Recon, then drill his dumb ass.

5) He camps, because he's defending the fucking objective in S&D/Demo/CTF/Dom, what do you expect him to do? :p

The scary players aren't the campers, they're the ones who know when to camp and when to move aggressively, but people have some weird mental rulebook that everyone else has to play by ("Ok, meet me out on the street at a blind run, then we both ADS our assault rifles at 30 paces and the best man wins! All else is foul knavery!")

Sorry, ranting because MW3 isn't out everywhere and I'm bored waiting for mass multiplayer action :p
Wow nailed it.
A "successful" camper can piss me off a bit but most of my rage is set aside for stupid teamates not the other team. Seriously am I the ony one carrying a Stinger? You'll hardly ever get a chance to use your secondary weapon. Why not have something around that can actually help your team.

Nori Chan

vatstep said:
One interesting touch I noticed while that stream was still up is that your rank from the previous four games is shown on your callsign while in lobbies.
Really? Damn, I wish I could get all the prestiges in the other game.

Spy said:
I would love to get Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3. MW3 is my #1 priority though so it doesn't look like I'll be doing the deal. ffffffffffff

Someone mentioned in another thread that KMart is doing a "Buy 2 get a $50 gift card" deal the week MW3 launches. I haven't confirmed it though.

Proelite

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/spec-ops-call-of/723591

From this video and previous videos it seems that the enemy variety for COD is really varied, especially for a "realistic" FPS.

We have...

African Militia
Attack Dogs
Regular Russian Soldiers
Soldiers with heavy armor
Juggernaughts
Blackbird helicopters
Possibly attack drones and assault drones.

The variety is increased further by having units carry c4s, shields and different types of weapons.

This is a great direction. All it needs now is an experimental soldier with prototype exoskeleton armor.

exoskeleton-new-technology-news-com-04.jpg

raytheon-sarcos-xos-2-exoskeleton-3_54_BZmQa_54.jpg

exoskeleton-DefenceTalk002.jpg

Radec said:
GAF | PSN
Global: MW3NeoGAF
TacticalFox88 | NightBlade88
Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
The Last Wizard | Nighthawk17

Anyone getting elite and do the clan thing?

Can't seem to create an account on callofduty.com right now :/
I'll be getting elite, but I won't have it active until the 10th or 11th

Mengetsu

24FrameDaVinci said:
Where is everyone preordering from?

Gamestop sadly. Only because i don't trust online shipping with games like these plus there suppose to be having a Tournament thing there so yea.

Trexid

Neo Member
24FrameDaVinci said:
Where is everyone preordering from?

Pre-ordered hardened (360) from Best Buy in store since apparently in store pre-orders have priority over online orders. My Best Buy is having a blops tourney from 10-12, hopefully the prize is a free copy of the game.

Also pre-ordered a regular version from wal-mart so I can enter their MW3 tourney at 8pm, hoping to get a shirt and just try the game out, maybe they'll give a copy of the game away as first prize for the tourney as well. Will return regular version to walmart after tourney and prizes lol

Too hype for this, need to take Tuesday off of work :)

Trexid

Neo Member
muu said:
do you have to have preordered for the bb/wallworld tourneys?

I can confirm that at my BB the guy running the tourney said that pre-orders get priority into the tourney (92 slots total at mine). He said it was Gun Game and I'm guessing its single elimination.

For Walmart when I called over the phone to pre-order in store the guy thought I just wanted to sign up for the tourney, was a little confusing. I pre-ordered at walmart with the kid on the phone just in case though. Check your local walmart to see how they are running it. Kid was pretty clueless at my walmart.

DUN GOOFD

Banned
HOLY SHIT EVERYONE IS USING SUPPORT PACKAGE. UAV's and ADVANCED UAVS up 24/7. and it doesnt even matter if you kill them, their streaks never reset and they keep calling. theres only 1 time where there is no air support in the air and thats the first 30 secs of the match. blind eye perk does nothing to stop UAVS. guess i need assassin? thats level 27, good luck starting out in this game.

Crouching still makes footsteps sounds.. WHY??

the maps arent good in my opinion. so far i only like 2.

the revenge death streak is wall hack.. wtf was IW thinking??

some positive things....game runs smooth, feels better than MW2, very COD4 like. your old prestige emblems are on your player card, thats really cool...except i switched accounts :( so mine dont show.

You can hear people after u kill them! funny to hear them cry lol.

Grenade Launchers are definitely toned down, more like Black ops. getting lots of hit markers with them.

k going back to play :)

Damn do you guys think they will reset everyone's stats on Monday?
I'd hate to waste all weekend playing for nothing. I'm already level 17 or something. :(

DUN GOOFD said:
HOLY SHIT EVERYONE IS USING SUPPORT PACKAGE. UAV's and ADVANCED UAVS up 24/7. and it doesnt even matter if you kill them, their streaks never reset and they keep calling. theres only 1 time where there is no air support in the air and thats the first 30 secs of the match. blind eye perk does nothing to stop UAVS. guess i need assassin? thats level 27, good luck starting out in this game.

Crouching still makes footsteps sounds.. WHY??

the maps arent good in my opinion. so far i only like 2.

the revenge death streak is wall hack.. wtf was IW thinking??

some positive things....game runs smooth, feels better than MW2, very COD4 like. your old prestige emblems are on your player card, thats really cool...except i switched accounts :( so mine dont show.

You can hear people after u kill them! funny to hear them cry lol.

Grenade Launchers are definitely toned down, more like Black ops. getting lots of hit markers with them.

k going back to play :)

104ri8k.jpg

DUN GOOFD said:

SMAW?

Liquidsnake said:
Damn do you guys think they will reset everyone's stats on Monday?
I'd hate to waste all weekend playing for nothing.

I know, right? Why would you play the game if you weren't filling bars?

Didn't Treyarch reset everyone's stats for Black Ops the day before it launched? IW should really do that. They didn't do it for MW2 and I thought that was lame. People who had the game for a week before release were already first prestige by the official launch.
user_nat said:
Is Party Chat support like MW2 or Blops? Or something new again?
Party chat is enabled for everything except Search and Destroy.

DUN GOOFD

Banned
The Xtortionist said:
im trying but i'm like the only one on my team who gives a shit. u only get 1 rocket..guess i need to level it? doesnt matter tho. another UAV comes right back up..its ridiculous lol

Top Bottom