• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Radec

cameltoe said:
So if their streak never resets then they can only use 3 KS per match? Or after reaching their last killstreak it resets?

It resets.

Unlike MW2, you don't have to die just to get your first killstreak/poinstreak again.

LQX

Anslon said:
Really? I got no game credit for pre-ordering the game.
How could you not know(it was plastered on the page) they were giving a credit? First time buying from Amazon? Regardless you should have got a credit if you did. Check your account. Does expire until next year.

protonion

Here it is finally! You'll be sleeping in my ps3 for the next year!

2hob82g.jpg

Any PS3 owners had trouble playing mp early?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Anton Sugar said:
I don't find it to be too "shocking", but the scene itself is pointless and unnecessary.

Well doesn't this statement describe the whole of MW series campaign? I mean, I like playing it, but most of it is pure action movie and cheap thrills.

Radec said:
It resets.

Unlike MW2, you don't have to die just to get your first killstreak/poinstreak again.

This scares me, as assault class' killstreaks stack, and they reset after the last one, so they could go on forever...

Deadly Cyclone said:
Well doesn't this statement describe the whole of MW series campaign? I mean, I like playing it, but most of it is pure action movie and cheap thrills.

Yes. Which is why I have never really cared for any of the drama they try for. They're entertaining, though, if not shallow.

H3xum

Radec said:
It resets.

I honestly don't see what the big deal is (unless I'm misunderstanding how this works)

I feel like a lot of people using the Support package are going to set their streaks high, so for instance let's just say someone picks 4, 7, and 12 (or whatever something quality high is). I'd think that if it reset upon death, there would be more UAVs than there will be now that it doesn't reset. The likelihood of someone getting 4 kills and then dying and getting 4 kills again is higher than the likelihood of someone getting 16 kills a match. How many times is the same person really going to get it multiple times? Not many.

I think it just seems like a lot early in matches but as they progress I wouldn't think it would impact much.

cameltoe

Deadly Cyclone said:

This scares me, as assault class' killstreaks stack, and they reset after the last one, so they could go on forever...

Welcome to MW3!!!!Yippie!!!!

cameltoe

H3xum said:
I honestly don't see what the big deal is (unless I'm misunderstanding how this works)

I feel like a lot of people using the Support package are going to set their streaks high, so for instance let's just say someone picks 4, 7, and 12 (or whatever something quality high is). I'd think that if it reset upon death, there would be more UAVs than there will be now that it doesn't reset. The likelihood of someone getting 4 kills and then dying and getting 4 kills again is higher than the likelihood of someone getting 16 kills a match. How many times is the same person really going to get it multiple times? Not many.

I think it just seems like a lot early in matches but as they progress I wouldn't think it would impact much.

But when the last KS is reached, they rest. So its endless....

njean777

I have a question do killstreaks chain like MW2 or is it like black ops? Also WHY IS QUICKSCOPING STILL ALLOWED? I hate sniping in these games its pointless since the maps are so small, if you want to actually feel like a sniper go play BF3.

Also would be interested in joining the 360 clan for gaf, but I wont have Elite till the end of release week. Gamertag is njean777

H3xum

cameltoe said:
But when the last KS is reached, they rest. So its endless....

Endless for 1 match. So you think everyone that's using support is going to average 16 kills (which I was very generous in my 12 kill assumption for the final streak, I'd assume more people than not are going to try to be heros and get the EMPs or juggernauts which are like 15 kill streaks, putting them at having to achieve 19 kills just for 2 UAVs) a game? That in the end seems like its going to net fewer UAVs total.

People are overreacting to something new

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Deadly Cyclone said:

Plus MOAB comes into play at 25.

S1kkZ

pretty impressed with the sp so far (finished the first level). yes, its cod but it looks fantastic, runs smooth and there is a ton of shit going on. i hope it stays that way.

H3xum said:

The way it works, they are essentially getting 4 kills for the first streak, the 1 more kill for counter, then a few more for advanced uav, then 4 kills for uav, etc. And keep in mind that is excluding hardline, hardline pro's points for every two assists, and points for all the stuff you can do in objective based games.

And to the person who asked, only the strike package counts killstreak kills toward the next streak.

LQX said:
How could you not know(it was plastered on the page) they were giving a credit? First time buying from Amazon? Regardless you should have got a credit if you did. Check your account. Does expire until next year.
It only showed up during check out. I'm used to the credit showing up when I trade in a game. I found it and it's cool now.

Edit: I finally finished reading the entire thread. Thanks for upping my hype to over 9000.

protonion

Ok either my ps3 has something or mw3 ps3 has a serious issue. The game pauses for a moment every now and then. Not only during gameplay but cinematics and even menus!

I've been playing U3 until today with no problems...

Other than this the sp so far is good. Nothing new but it looks better than ever. Also I liked that you can default a mode so that it goes there at start up.

Oh and there is already a 20 mb patch.

H3xum

TestOfTide said:
The way it works, they are essentially getting 4 kills for the first streak, the 1 more kill for counter, then a few more for advanced uav, then 4 kills for uav, etc. And keep in mind that is excluding hardline, hardline pro's points for every two assists, and points for all the stuff you can do in objective based games.

And to the person who asked, only the strike package counts killstreak kills toward the next streak.

I suppose I still don't understand why this is that big of a deal. If you're a good player in the first place, this is of no benefit, if you're a bad player, which is I imagine who this is tailored for, are they going to all of the sudden start averaging 15 kills a game?

S1kkZ

protonion said:
Ok either my ps3 has something or mw3 ps3 has a serious issue. The game pauses for a moment every now and then. Not only during gameplay but cinematics and even menus!

Other than this the sp so far is good. Nothing new but it looks better than ever. Also I liked that you can default a mode so that it goes there at start up.

no problems on 360. smooth 60 frames, only had a few skipped frames so far.

Nori Chan

Matts Legacy said:
Well you are only playing with a limited number of people right now plus abuse of the uav is gonna be there because that's the very first thing you unlock in the game. Wait till everyone is online and actually getting to level 60-80 and trying everything out in the game and making it their own. Honestly if something like that gets patched within the first 2-3 weeks ill be amazed because I know IW thought these through before making the Strike/Assault Packages. Besides if people want to waist their time using uav's or package's all day I say more power to them. Less Predator Missiles and AC-130's in the sky and more space for me to use them.
This post right here is great and so true. read this post people

Kacho

protonion said:

About how often does that happen?

Mik2121

Brian Fellows said:
Do they look pretty much the same to everyone or am I just blind?
Pretty much the same. Colors are slightly different, but that's something to expect. Also the PS3 textures look just slightly blurry compared to the 360 ones, but that could be the capture card's fault. And even then, it's nothing that really stands out at all.

IW did a great work making both versions as close to each other as possible. I will be grabbing the PS3 version myself :)

Angry Fork

They're not identical, PS3 version has more jaggies and is blurrier in spots, very annoying. Open the full sized original images and then compare back and forth and the difference is noticeable. I'm so tired of this 640p bullshit PS3 keeps getting from Rockstar, COD devs etc. like they make a shitload of money and can't get it right.

This one is particularly bad imo:

Xm7Mv.jpg

DarkChild

Banned
Even R3, exclusive game for PS3, 30 fps game, ran at lower resolution than IW's MW games. All MW games where the same resolution, I don't know why would this be any different.

Angry Fork

Kyoufu said:
I am outraged at the PS3 version looking the same as the 360 version. This is bullshit.
The entire image is noticeably blurrier to me. Jaggies all over the front radio area that aren't present in the 360 shot. Shadows/definition missing on objects mainly the paper on the table.

Each thing sounds insignificant but all of those put together leads to a worse version. I don't know why people are okay with it when COD makes billions. They have the resources/money to get them both equal but don't because everyone is hurr hurr it's good enough it's not that bad etc. justifying.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Alienshogun said:
Plus MOAB comes into play at 25.

I still don't get why they let any class stack killstreaks. This made me stop playing MW2 after a month. BlOps was great, and the way it should be. Surprised IW brought stacking back.

I'll be playing as support class anyways. :)

ZZMitch

Playing SnD makes a lot of this killstreak stuff a non-issue really. Probably why I never had any problems with Modern Warfare 2.

Kyoufu

Deadly Cyclone said:
I still don't get why they let any class stack killstreaks. This made me stop playing MW2 after a month. BlOps was great, and the way it should be. Surprised IW brought stacking back.

I'll be playing as support class anyways. :)

I don't know what the problem is with stacking. You know you can shoot down the aerial streaks.

MW2's problems were on foot (Commando, One Man Army).

protonion

protonion said:

OK it's seems the problem is the patch. I deleted it and no pauses at all. Or the fact that I was signed out since you cannot play signed in without the patch.
It's mw2 all over again when the first day patch disabled the trophies.
I'd like to hear if anyone else hear has this problem.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Only difference for most of the current multi-platform games is usually the AA and gamma. That's what it looks like to me in those screens.

Top Bottom