• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Brian Fellows said:
No. Its the same as MW2.

legacyzero said:
No. and it's actually a good thing. Got tired of seeing asses with thongs and pickles made to look like penises.

Seriously, why did they even put pickles in the emblem creator, they were just asking for that kind of shit.
That sucks, I won't be able to create my Finn Adventure Time logo.

So euhmmm i hate quickscopers, should i be worried? are there a lot of 'em? I loved MW2 except at the end when playing s&d all i could find were quickscopers...

M.W.

johnFkennedy said:
His use of the word N word is bugging the shit out of me given that he's a Caucasian teenager. It's not your word to use asshole!

Yeah, he's the type of individual that gives other COD players a bad name, lol.

jgminto

J2d said:
I don't have a problem with it being in the strike package but in the support one? Fuck that.
All it has is a riot shield and a pistol. If you work with your team and focus your fire on it, it should drop in no time. Or you could just fire a Predator at it.

LQX

J2d said:
I don't have a problem with it being in the strike package but in the support one? Fuck that.
Yeah, its pretty much invincibility mode from what I have been seeing in the stream but there is probably a easy kill I'm not yet seeing.

Full Metal Jacket said:
He's the protagonist from Avatar.
Yeah I know but like that other dude said you can easily mistake him for Andy Whitfield.

M.W.

LQX said:
Yeah, its pretty much invincibility mode from what I have been seeing in the stream but there is probably a easy kill I'm not yet seeing.

Save a predator missile for a Jug. I'm sure that has to do some major damage.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
How likely is it that Redbox will have this for rent next weekend? I'd like to blow through the campaign even though I can't afford the game right now.

RoboPlato said:
How likely is it that Redbox will have this for rent next weekend? I'd like to blow through the campaign even though I can't afford the game right now.

According to redbox.com (which you probably should have checked before asking in here :b) they'll have it launch day.

Shady859

Hope they reset rank on all these mofos.... Yes i'm jealous while watching the streams. Just glad it's not a total tube fest like every game of MW2 you join.

Pick up a set of Ear Force Deltas, not cheap but Turtle Beach is alot nicer than my Tritton Ax Pros. I'm pumped but no days off work till Thanksgiving. I guess I know what i'll be doing most nights late. :D

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
johnFkennedy said:
According to redbox.com (which you probably should have checked before asking in here :b) they'll have it launch day.
Haha, I totally forgot to actually check the website. Never rented games from it before. Even though I'm kind of burnt out on CoD (I've played every one since launch since 1) and I'm terrible at the MP I still want to give this one a chance. A new team working on it could be a good or bad thing.

Mayyhem

I know there wont be any banning going on for playing early, but im curious as to whether there is official word on if there will be stats/ranks reset on tuesday?

Gilatif

harrytang said:
the people playing right now must be less than 1% of the total population. there will be plenty of level 1's playing midnight on monday. not worried.

The bad news is that I can't play the game until Tuesday night.

The good news is that while everyone is playing the game, I'll be shooting a real UMP45!

Haven't been checking the thread all day so I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but apparently your stats get reset as a penalty for dashboarding.

Gilatif

johnFkennedy said:
His use of the word N word is bugging the shit out of me given that he's a Caucasian teenager. It's not your word to use asshole!

If its good for one group of people, its good for everyone to use.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
So what's the deal with the banning now? Two friends of mine have been playing since this morning, and another one wants to know what's up before he puts his disc in...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
johnFkennedy said:
Haven't been checking the thread all day so I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but apparently your stats get reset as a penalty for dashboarding.

Probably not intentional and also, yeah, it's been mentioned.

dmg04 said:
As funny as that video is, I despise the philosophy of gaming it espouses, the philosophy of "anyone can do it!" Making games so that just any old retard can play them and do well is precisely the problem. I know we've had the debate before but it really is the prime issue in modern gaming for me. This is obviously a very polarizing issue, but it really gets on my tits when they openly state it in their advertising.

legacyzero

Banned
Skilotonn said:
So what's the deal with the banning now? Two friends of mine have been playing since this morning, and another one wants to know what's up before he puts his disc in...
Play away.

You bought the game legit, you play legit.

Gilatif

mysticwhip said:
If you don't see the problem with that logic in regards with the N word, then you are an idiot.

It would be better for EVERYONE to stop using it.

That being said, its a bit of double standard for one group to use it, then throw a fit when someone else uses it. The reason why white kids think its ok to use this word is because they hear so many black kids using it. In this day and age, it has practically lost the meaning it had a generation ago anyway.

Deadbeat

Banned
Gilatif said:
If its good for one group of people, its good for everyone to use.
VLZOJ.jpg

johnFkennedy said:

Who should be using it again? It shouldn't be used period!

Angry Fork

What happens when you're in a room and you don't have the DLC maps? Do you get booted from it or something since you can't play in them?

I want to get elite to avoid being the odd ball without the DLC maps but you never know if it'll be worth it with Activision's bullshit. Once they have your money there's nothing you can do if they don't own up to the deal. I don't like how they don't have specific details on the DLC but they tell you tons of shit regarding useless things like clean tag colors and leaderboard bs.

Gilatif said:
It would be better for EVERYONE to stop using it.

That being said, its a bit of double standard for one group to use it, then throw a fit when someone else uses it. The reason why white kids think its ok to use this word is because they hear so many black kids using it. In this day and age, it has practically lost the meaning it had a generation ago anyway.
White people never use the n word unless their black friends (if they have any) are cool with it.

Double standards galore, it doesn't matter. Deal with it your vocabulary isn't being hurt by not being able to use the n word.

Angry Fork said:
What happens when you're in a room and you don't have the DLC maps? Do you get booted from it or something since you can't play in them?

WAW booted you if you didnt have DLC and it was really dumb. COD4, MW2 and Black Ops just disabled maps if any of your friends had them, or youd get put into lobbies that didnt have the anybody with the dlc. I'm sure it will work the same way in MW3 as well.

kuYuri

Brian Fellows said:
I'll post the ones I can.

Recon pro: Paint enemies with recon
Slight of Hand: Get kills with sleight of hand
Extreme Conditioning: Sprint miles

Quickdraw: get kills within a few seconds of aiming down site
Blast Shield: Survive explosions
Hardline: Get killstreaks

Marksman: get kills while holding breath
Stalker: get kills while aiming down site
Sitrep: destroy enemy devices

Oh never mind, cool.

Gilatif

Angry Fork said:

I want to get elite to avoid being the odd ball without the DLC maps but you never know if it'll be worth it with Activision's bullshit. Once they have your money there's nothing you can do if they don't own up to the deal. I don't like how they don't have specific details on the DLC but they tell you tons of shit regarding useless things like clean tag colors and leaderboard bs.

White people never use the n word unless their black friends (if they have any) are cool with it.

Double standards galore, it doesn't matter. Deal with it your vocabulary isn't being hurt by not being able to use the n word.

Such a stupid thing to get worked up over in a video game forum of places. But no, people should never basis their actions on whether it will offend the delicate sensibilities of others. Like it or not, the genie is out of the bottle on the N word. Your argument reeks of hypocrisy. When young white kids see this kind of hypocrisy, it makes them give thought to the notion that there is some sort of "reverse racism" bogey man out to get white people. Don't be part of feeding into that problem.

jgminto

Gilatif said:
Such a stupid thing to get worked up over in a video game forum of places. But no, people should never basis their actions on whether it will offend the delicate sensibilities of others. Like it or not, the genie is out of the bottle on the N word. Your argument reeks of hypocrisy. When young white kids see this kind of hypocrisy, it makes them give thought to the notion that there is some sort of "reverse racism" bogey man out to get white people. Don't be part of feeding into that problem.
What the fuck are you talking about? You don't say it. Just like you don't say homophobic insults or insults for any other race or specific group. It's damn offensive and it makes you sound like an annoying twat.

harrytang

does the emp destroy heart beat sensor on a weapon? hell, I'd even take a temporary interuption. game not based on realism but they go to all the tourble to make a new grenade meant to destroy equipment so just hoping it includes everything.

Jack Scofield said:
I still don't understand what Recon does. "Paint enemies with Recon." What does that even mean?

If your explosive(bullets also in pro) hits an enemy, they will be shown on the map. I'm not sure if its for your whole team, or just you though.

snack

Jack Scofield said:
I still don't understand what Recon does. "Paint enemies with Recon." What does that even mean?
I think...

Recon - hit somebody with an explosive (whether it be frag, C4, noobtube, etc) then the person who was damaged by the explosive will show up on the radar.

Recon Pro - you hit somebody with bullets, they will show up on the radar.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Lionheart1827 said:
If your explosive(bullets also in pro) hits an enemy, they will be shown on the map. I'm not sure if its for your whole team, or just you though.
I believe it's you, and it only shows the position that they were at when you got the hit marker. If it lasts longer than that... wtf were they thinking

dmg04 said:
I believe it's you, and it only shows the position that they were at when you got the hit marker. If it lasts longer than that... wtf were they thinking

Well I remember at COD XP, a guy showed up on the radar like an SR71 almost and I'm wondering if it lasts until the "bleeding" effect goes away. They might have changed it since then though.

jgminto

dmg04 said:
I'm pretty sure it follows them. It lasts for as long as they are damaged from the explosive or weapon.

Top Bottom