• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

jgminto

I'm fairly sure it'll beat BO. For a lot of people this will only be their first, second or third CoD game so I don't see it dropping below BO.

aristotle said:
Done :)

The Updated PS3 clan list is as follows:

GAF | PSN

Global: MW3NeoGAF
TacticalFox88 | NightBlade88
Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
The Last Wizard | Nighthawk17
SarcasticD | DMasta718
Audίoboxer | Audioboxer
MercuryLS | MLS3
Marda | Faeirea
lowemark | lowemark
MDavis360 | MDavis360
Angry Fork | napkin
AwesomeSauce | madvillen
btothekw | btothekw

add me please =) PSN = DrakesMistake

aristotle

samus4ever said:
add me please =) PSN = DrakesMistake

Gotcha.

GAF | PSN

Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
SarcasticD | DMasta718
Audίoboxer | Audioboxer
MercuryLS | MLS3
Marda | Faeirea
lowemark | lowemark
MDavis360 | MDavis360
Angry Fork | napkin
AwesomeSauce | madvillen
btothekw | btothekw
samus4ever | DrakesMistake

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
cuevas said:
I have a feeling numbers will be down from black ops.
The 360 version has as many pre-orders as Black Ops did for 360 and PS3 COMBINED. It's also the most pre-ordered PS3 game ever. It's seemingly guaranteed to beat BO's numbers.

vatstep said:
The 360 version has as many pre-orders as Black Ops did for 360 and PS3 COMBINED. It's also the most pre-ordered PS3 game ever. It's seemingly guaranteed to beat BO's numbers.
I feel like it shouldnt, game looks like it'll be as broken as mw2

I actually can't wait for treyarchs next game. I'll be buying mw3 of course, but the modern warfare games are full of so much bullshit that I'm glad trey finds a way to trim the fat while adding some nice innovations of their own.

TedNindo

What's with people still recognizing Infinity Ward as the same developer it used to be.

Are people oblivious to Respawn entertainment? Or have they already forgotten? Infinity Ward is like a frankendeveloper atm put together with bits, pieces and ducttape.

M.W.

The Last Wizard said:
I know I'll be doing so from now on, I gave treyarch the benefit of the doubt with Blops and got burned.

Blops was good, but not great. The two games (IW, Treyarch) feel so very different.

jgminto

TedNindo said:
What's with people still recognizing Infinity Ward as the same developer it used to be.

Are people oblivious to Respawn entertainment? Or have they already forgotten? Infinity Ward is like a frankendeveloper atm put together with bits, pieces and ducttape.
Oh how I miss old Infinity Ward. Creators of One Man Army, Danger Close, Commando and the Nuke. With new blood in there is a much better chance that the game has a thread of balance.

Sushen

RJNavarrete said:
I actually can't wait for treyarchs next game. I'll be buying mw3 of course, but the modern warfare games are full of so much bullshit that I'm glad trey finds a way to trim the fat while adding some nice innovations of their own.
It looks like fan base for those two variations are setting up. At least, Treyarch games are not as terrible as COD 3 was any more. Minus broken hit box and frame rates, BLOPS was pretty good.

TedNindo said:

exactly-I will own it and get bored within a month just like black ops-ugh...I always feel I was forced by the hype machine for "call of duty" games..grrrr...

Respawn entertainment better dethrone their atrocious franchise.

J2d

jgminto said:
Oh how I miss old Infinity Ward. Creators of One Man Army, Danger Close, Commando and the Nuke. With new blood in there is a much better chance that the game has a thread of balance.
The Nuke was fine, I didn't have any problem with commando either. I hope Respawn ups the crazy in their debut title, until then MW3 will have to do.

KaYotiX

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Still better than Treyarch.
imo BO was way better than MW2, going to be interesting to see the fans after a month of MW3 being out and see if we still love it. all these killstreaks just look like they will break the game somehow.

Wait and see i guess

TedNindo

jgminto said:

And creators of the whole formula that is still the same since COD4? Balance issues should be patched. Not fixed in the next game imo. Maybe the game that followed MW2 could've been a COD2 to COD4 kind of step if Activision gave their teams more freedom.

I'm surprised MW3 got finished btw. With all the problems the studio had they must have had less then 1,5 years to make the game.

Also part of why they left Activision is because they weren't given the freedom to make something other then COD. They didn't want to make MW2.

Strider2K99 said:
I gotta say, you are one of the last people I expected to see in this thread.
Why's that?

KaYotiX said:
imo BO was way better than MW2, going to be interesting to see the fans after a month of MW3 being out and see if we still love it. all these killstreaks just look like they will break the game somehow.

Wait and see i guess

Thing is. As broken as MW2 can get I still found it to be fun as hell. The mechanics were tight, the weapons had a lot of punch, and obliterating everyone off a couple lucky killstreaks is just too good. Plus I felt like I could grab any gun and kick a lot of ass with it (thanks to stopping power).

BO felt watered down and bland by comparison.

nomis

cuevas said:
I have a feeling numbers will be down from black ops.

XNoSN.gif

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Thing is. As broken as MW2 can get I still found it to be fun as hell. The mechanics were tight, the weapons had a lot of punch, and obliterating everyone off a couple lucky killstreaks is just too good. Plus I felt like I could grab any gun and kick a lot of ass with it (thanks to stopping power).
I always felt it was easier for bad people to do well in mw2 which is why I like blops better.

jgminto said:

Outside of OMA resupplying grenade launchers, none of those were unbalanced or broken.

OMA was a cool idea & great for diversity of being able to switch between classes on the fly.
DC was needed for smoking out campers holding up inside buildings (& guess what, Blops has a lot more camping than MW2 as a result).
Commando basically was a much much shorter shotgun equivalent melee attack.
Legit Nukes (non OMA tubing) were fine since one player would be beating down the other team so hard the match might as well end.

I hate how the small majority of whiners got their way with changing CoD post MW2.
Learn how to play with a different mindset than rifle vs rifle for entire match.

Teknoman

Any reason why callofduty.com keeps telling me invalid password when trying to sign up? I'm meeting all the requirements to get check marks on all entries, but it keeps resetting me back to invalid password.

snack

Teknoman said:
Any reason why callofduty.com keeps telling me invalid password when trying to sign up? I'm meeting all the requirements to get check marks on all entries, but it keeps resetting me back to invalid password.
Yeah, that site is messed. I can't sign in myself.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Teknoman said:

Their website is fucking terrible. I had the same issues when MW2 was out. It sounds like they still haven't fixed it. LOL

See You Next Wednesday said:
Outside of OMA resupplying grenade launchers, none of those were unbalanced or broken.

OMA was a cool idea & great for diversity of being able to switch between classes on the fly.
DC was needed for smoking out campers holding up inside buildings (& guess what, Blops has a lot more camping than MW2 as a result).
Commando basically was a much much shorter shotgun equivalent melee attack.
Legit Nukes (non OMA tubing) were fine since one player would be beating down the other team so hard the match might as well end.

I hate how the small majority of whiners got their way with changing CoD post MW2.
Learn how to play with a different mindset than rifle vs rifle for entire match.

Ugh, disagree wholeheartedly.

Danger Close is fine if you want to give your explosives more umph. But then to apply it to harriers and chopper gunner as well?

Commando is just stupid, don't see how it is the equivalent of any shotgun attack. A melee should not teleport you up staircases or across rooftops.

Game ending nukes are a terrible idea no matter how they are earned. Mostly because it leads to tons of that camping you were complaining about in Black Ops.

IW messed a lot of shit up in MW2 and didn't seem to give a fuck. So I am confused when people talk about how the game might be worse because people left. I am all for some new blood being injected into the franchise.

Was doing that for me to. Turned out my email was already registered so I just sent for a password reset.

Can't link my Live account though, but, seems like a common issue ATM. Will just try on Tuesday.

Teknoman

bigwinnerx said:
Was doing that for me to. Turned out my email was already registered so I just sent for a password reset.

Can't link my Live account though, but, seems like a common issue ATM. Will just try on Tuesday.

Maybe I should do that, because i've had an account there and the same info since the CoD 4 beta.

aristotle

Adamska23 said:
Add me too please! Psn: adamska23

Done and done.

GAF | PSN

Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
SarcasticD | DMasta718
Audίoboxer | Audioboxer
MercuryLS | MLS3
Marda | Faeirea
lowemark | lowemark
MDavis360 | MDavis360
Angry Fork | napkin
AwesomeSauce | madvillen
btothekw | btothekw
samus4ever | DrakesMistake
Adamska23 | adamska23

Bumblebeetuna said:
IW messed a lot of shit up in MW2 and didn't seem to give a fuck. So I am confused when people talk about how the game might be worse because people left. I am all for some new blood being injected into the franchise.

Agreed. Clearly the relationship between West/Zampella and Activision was starting to sour when MW2 released, and Infinity Ward did a shitty job maintaining MW2. Without the same bullshit going on behind the scenes, MW3 may benefit.

snack

Teknoman said:
Isnt that sorta what the clan is for, or does that have limited space?
My bad. Totally forgot about that list. I haven't seen it the whole day. I'll bump it up!

[Gamertag], [CallOfDuty.com Username]

1. CommonSense43, ProtoCents
2. backflip10019, backflip10019
3. Matts Legacy, Matts Legacy
4. jgminto, jgminto
5. DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
6. Strider2K99, Strider2K99
7. The Japanator, The Japanator
8. cameltoe, cameltoe
9. Noriega, xGeneral Ice
10. Newmanizor56, Testoftide
11. Elev8ion, Elev8ion
12. Dance Inferno, ilnadmy
13. AlienShogun, AlienShogun
14. Marksman82, Jrmint
15. mek1117, Casemarqui
16. ASSauLTxMasTER, ASSAULTXMASTER
17. bigwinnerx, bigwinnerx
18. Gilatif, Crew 511A

TangoAlphaLima said:
Agreed. Clearly the relationship between West/Zampella and Activision was starting to sour when MW2 released, and Infinity Ward did a shitty job maintaining MW2. Without the same bullshit going on behind the scenes, MW3 may benefit.

They actually did a fine job.
Banning people who used the Javelin glitch, nerfing the 1887 from player feedback etc.
They seemed to just plain stop on fixing anything else after a certain point, which was just a few months before it was announced they they split with Activision.

nomis

That LVG Aches guy just got banned from ustream for copyright infringement. And just when he started playing good in S&D and stopped saying the N word because he was in a full party of people he didn't want to offend.

See You Next Wednesday said:
They actually did a fine job.
Banning people who used the Javelin glitch, nerfing the 1887 from player feedback etc.
They seemed to just plain stop on fixing anything else after a certain point, which was just a few months before it was announced they they split with Activision.

From what I remember, those things weren't fixed in a terribly timely manner, nor were they the only problems with MW2 early on (exploits to get outside of maps, for example).

Victrix

*beard*
TangoAlphaLima said:
From what I remember, those things weren't fixed in a terribly timely manner, nor were they the only problems with MW2 early on (exploits to get outside of maps, for example).

That was also the exact same time the company was experiencing an internal implosion. I don't think they'll have the same issue this time around.

Top Bottom