• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Ah. I guess its ultimate usefulness depends on how long the enemy remains on the minimap and if your team is able to see him, as well. The Pro version seems a bit useless, though, considering the damage models in this game. If you shoot the enemy, chances are you're going to kill him.

Thanks, guys.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Lionheart1827 said:
Well I remember at COD XP, a guy showed up on the radar like an SR71 almost and I'm wondering if it lasts until the "bleeding" effect goes away. They might have changed it since then though.
Bahh.

I can't wait for tuesday. At the moment i can't complain about anything because i don't know shit. It's COD tradition to complain and whine about everything!!!

Jack Scofield said:
Ah. I guess its ultimate usefulness depends on how long the enemy remains on the minimap and if your team is able to see him, as well. The Pro version seems a bit useless, though, considering the damage models in this game. If you shoot the enemy, chances are you're going to kill him.

Thanks, guys.

Seems like it's perfect for the ones who have shitty aim.

aristotle

The PS3 clan list is as follows:

GAF | PSN

Global: MW3NeoGAF
TacticalFox88 | NightBlade88
Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
The Last Wizard | Nighthawk17
SarcasticD | DMasta718
Audίoboxer | Audioboxer
MercuryLS | MLS3
Marda | Faeirea
lowemark | lowemark
MDavis360 | MDavis360

I've added everyone on it to my friends list. Check to see if you have any pending messages from me :)

If anyone else wants in, just post it here. Thanks!

Mayyhem

Just got the game. Going to play for a few hours now then go out for a movie. Will report back and answer any questions / give impressions later tonight

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Man I'm so fuckin' hyped to just shut my brain off and blow through the singleplayer. This series is probably my fav guilty pleasure that way. I'm tempted to replay 1 and 2 again before it as well.

zlatko

Banned
RJNavarrete said:
What's the best place to get this right now? Am I seeing this right at walmart.com? I see 56.96

Which version? If you are getting a console version and have a local Best-Buy, they have an awesome deal going on that any game you trade into them going towards a pre-order of the game will net you an extra 50%. Super good deal if you have old games laying around you don't get play from anywhere.

Kikarian

johnFkennedy said:
I posted a video of MW3's version of "The Pit" if any of you guys are into that sorta thing. 3 star'd it.
Nice animation, reminds me of MW2... oh, wait.

How are people getting early access to this game? I want in.

aristotle

Angry Fork said:
You forgot about me =( PSN is napkin

Crap sorry! I was having to write it all down. Sorry man.

AwesomeSauce said:
Add me in that psn list dudes.

psn: Madvillen

Done :)

The Updated PS3 clan list is as follows:

GAF | PSN

Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
SarcasticD | DMasta718
Audίoboxer | Audioboxer
MercuryLS | MLS3
Marda | Faeirea
lowemark | lowemark
MDavis360 | MDavis360
Angry Fork | napkin
AwesomeSauce | madvillen

I've added everyone on it to my friends list. Check to see if you have any pending messages from me :)

btothekw

aristotle said:
Crap sorry! I was having to write it all down. Sorry man.

GAF | PSN

Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
SarcasticD | DMasta718
Audίoboxer | Audioboxer
MercuryLS | MLS3
Marda | Faeirea
lowemark | lowemark
MDavis360 | MDavis360
Angry Fork | napkin
AwesomeSauce | madvillen

add me too psn:btothekw

aristotle

btothekw said:
add me too psn:btothekw

GAF | PSN

Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
SarcasticD | DMasta718
Audίoboxer | Audioboxer
MercuryLS | MLS3
Marda | Faeirea
lowemark | lowemark
MDavis360 | MDavis360
Angry Fork | napkin
AwesomeSauce | madvillen
btothekw | btothekw

Shady859

Kmart has the BEST deal on this for the guy who asked:

11/6-11/12
Spend $40.00 or more in gaming software, get a $15 gaming coupon. Total must be at least $40.00 before tax (discounts and/or coupons used as payment do not affect pre-tax total).

Spend $110.00 or more in gaming software in a single transaction, get $50 in gaming coupons (a $15 coupon and a $35 coupon). Total must be at least $110.00 before tax (discounts and/or coupons used as payment do not affect pre-tax total). Conditions confirmed by Kmartgamer
***Promo note 1: $15/$35 coupons valid from November 13 to November 23.

PLUS... Buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Save $20 on Xbox Live Gold 12-month card, Save $20 on Xbox Live 4000 point card

All from Cheapassgamer

nomis

I hate that CoD is so dumbed down in many ways, yet that commercial is completely awesome. It almost contributes to me thinking it's OK for them to make the game accessible. You were never going to be able to pull in a non-gamer friend and get them playing Quake III. People can quickly learn dual analogs.

Share the FPS love.

Gilatif

omnomis said:
I hate that CoD is so dumbed down in many ways, yet that commercial is completely awesome. It almost contributes to me thinking it's OK for them to make the game accessible. You were never going to be able to pull in a non-gamer friend and get them playing Quake III. People can quickly learn dual analogs.

Share the FPS love.

If it gets non-gamers to spend money and play, what's not to like? The further games get into the mainstream, the better.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
So, I think I just got the first recorded M.O.A.B. in a public match in MW3. Been looking for other footage and haven't found any. Got it in demolition, went about 80-17 in the end or so...silenced ACR.

I'll be making a video going over the best tactics to get one later. But I'll be posting the video a little closer to launch.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Will MW3 have 3D support? I know they were leaning towards it at one point, but I can't seem to find a confirmation of any sort.

Added myself. Having issues linking Xbox account on callofduty.com, but, should resolve.

Gamertag & callofduty.com Username
1. CommonSense43, ProtoCents
2. backflip10019, backflip10019
3. Matts Legacy, Matts Legacy
4. jgminto, jgminto
5.DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
6. Strider2K99, Strider2K99
7. The Japanator, The Japanator
8. cameltoe, cameltoe
9. Noriega, xGeneral Ice
10. Newmanizor56, Testoftide
11. Elev8ion, Elev8ion
12. Dance Inferno, ilnadmy
13. AlienShogun, AlienShogun
14. Marksman82, Jrmint
15. mek1117, Casemarqui
16. ASSauLTxMasTER, ASSAULTXMASTER
17. bigwinnerx, bigwinnerx

Teknoman

omnomis said:

Share the FPS love.

If only more people would act like that online :D Dont berate a noob, teach them.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
LeMaximilian said:
I can confirm, the MOAB/Nuke does NOT give you a new title/icon. I think they did this to prevent boosters.
I was wondering if that would be the case. That's a smart move by them.

How are your connections feeling? Better hit detection than Black Ops? I know that there's a miniscule fraction of people online compared to the number that'll be playing within a few days, but it might be a good gauge.

Angry Fork

Gilatif said:
The further games get into the mainstream, the better.
This is just not true. The more something becomes mainstream the more diluted and worse it gets. It gets somewhat better, then reaches a plateau and becomes horrible from then on. This has happened to every genre of music, film and game ever created.

I like COD but it shouldn't be the poster child of gaming like it's the best thing ever created. There are other games that try new things, are more balanced, offer more options, etc. things like that. The fact that COD is mainstream and sells a shitload means they have no incentive to improve ie the Madden effect.

And I don't even have to talk about the Wii/Kinect/Move etc. to show why grandma playing games has fucked things up for gamers. This is universally known and despised already.

bigwinnerx said:
Added myself. Having issues linking Xbox account on callofduty.com, but, should resolve.

4. jgminto, jgminto
5.DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
8. cameltoe, cameltoe
9. Noriega, xGeneral Ice
11. Elev8ion, Elev8ion
14. Marksman82, Jrmint
15. mek1117, Casemarqui

Noted.

Gilatif

Angry Fork said:
This is just not true. The more something becomes mainstream the more diluted and worse it gets. It gets somewhat better, then reaches a plateau and becomes horrible from then on. This has happened to every genre of music, film and game ever created.

I like COD but it shouldn't be the poster child of gaming like it's the best thing ever created. There are other games that try new things, are more balanced, offer more options, etc. things like that. The fact that COD is mainstream and sells a shitload means they have no incentive to improve ie the Madden effect.

And I don't even have to talk about the Wii/Kinect/Move etc. to show why grandma playing games has fucked things up for gamers. This is universally known and despised already.

It is true. Numbers= power. Think of the weeping and gnashing of teeth over Night Trap. Games today make that look tame, but the politicians won't even think of trying to censor or ban games like they did then...because the industry is very profitable, and money is what powers D.C.

I would suggest that it isn't casual gamers that have hurt this industry, but overall lack of innovation....of which COD isn't exactly innocent. Hardcore favorites like Street Fighter 3 or Ikaruga will sell the same number of copies regardless of whether casuals make up 10 percent or 70 percent of the overall market. I've shied away from newer RPG's, not because I don't enjoy them, but only because I don't have that much time to spend on games anymore. Yes, COD is mindless, yes its unrealistic. But, a lot of people think its fun. If you have time to get over a "learning curve" for different games, that's great, but some of us don't mind the simple guilty pleasures of gaming.

Gilatif

4. jgminto, jgminto
5.DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
8. cameltoe, cameltoe
9. Noriega, xGeneral Ice
11. Elev8ion, Elev8ion
14. Marksman82, Jrmint
15. mek1117, Casemarqui
18. Gilatif, Crew 511A

Nivert

BigTnaples said:
Will MW3 have 3D support? I know they were leaning towards it at one point, but I can't seem to find a confirmation of any sort.

Pretty sure in the GameSpot stream Bowling said they wouldn't have 3D.

Top Bottom