• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

For new page

[Gamertag] & [CallOfDuty.com Username]
1. CommonSense43, ProtoCents
2. backflip10019, backflip10019
3. Matts Legacy, Matts Legacy
4. jgminto, jgminto
5. DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
6. Strider2K99, Strider2K99
7. The Japanator, The Japanator
8. cameltoe, cameltoe
9. Noriega, xGeneral Ice
10. Newmanizor56, Testoftide
11. Elev8ion, Elev8ion
12. Dance Inferno, ilnadmy
13. AlienShogun, AlienShogun
14. Marksman82, Jrmint
15. mek1117, Casemarqui
16. ASSauLTxMasTER, ASSAULTXMASTER
17. bigwinnerx, bigwinnerx
18. Gilatif, Crew 511A

zlatko

Banned
I tried two internet browsers, but it never links my 360 account GT to callofduty.com or the elite site.

Is there a reason ?

Ferny

[Gamertag] & [CallOfDuty.com Username]
1. CommonSense43, ProtoCents
2. backflip10019, backflip10019
3. Matts Legacy, Matts Legacy
4. jgminto, jgminto
5. DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
6. Strider2K99, Strider2K99
7. The Japanator, The Japanator
8. cameltoe, cameltoe
9. Noriega, xGeneral Ice
10. Newmanizor56, Testoftide
11. Elev8ion, Elev8ion
12. Dance Inferno, ilnadmy
13. AlienShogun, AlienShogun
14. Marksman82, Jrmint
15. mek1117, Casemarqui
16. ASSauLTxMasTER, ASSAULTXMASTER
17. bigwinnerx, bigwinnerx
18. Gilatif, Crew 511A
19. kurruptt, kurruptt

Teknoman

Damn wish I could add my tag to the list (360) but I have no idea what my Cod.com username is anymore. Guess I have to wait for the site to work right.

zlatko said:
I tried two internet browsers, but it never links my 360 account GT to callofduty.com or the elite site.

Is there a reason ?

Probably because the service wont be online until tuesday? I'm not sure, it did say elite will go live on launch day.

i am not hearing much hype at all about this game outside of this thread. i am really curious how sales will be or if people are starting to grow tired of it.

Ningo

Impulse bought digital download on amazon for $59.99 with $10 voucher for future purchase.

No idea when I am going to play it though, last uni exams ever for next 2 weeks in which skyrim, halo anniv., batman ac and saints row will be available and I've barely dug into battlefield.

Come december 15th swtor. Too many videogames!

nomis

Sushen said:
It's great to hear. I'm a lone wolf, and with MW2, SpecOps wasn't playable for me because of the lack of match making.

FEf79.jpg

Mayyhem

The spawns are fucking terrible. Spawn kills happen quite often. I find myself dying from behind a LOT more then face-to-face gunfights in this game.

tigerin

so what are the benefits of cod elite again?

i'm going to get this game, but the thoughts of cod elite feels like i'm getting a incomplete game.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Mayyhem said:
The spawns are fucking terrible. Spawn kills happen quite often. I find myself dying from behind a LOT more then face-to-face gunfights in this game.
While the spawns are probably shitty (not doubting you), I always have this problem when a new CoD comes out because I don't know the maps. It tends to happen less as my awareness of the surroundings goes up over time.

tigerin said:
so what are the benefits of cod elite again?

i'm going to get this game, but the thoughts of cod elite feels like i'm getting a incomplete game.

More space to upload videos. All DLC included (I believe its all DLC). Special tournaments and clan stuff.

snack

Mayyhem said:
Are they similar to MW2's? This is bad news...

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Will play this at some point but I got Skyrim instead of this. I will keep reading the thread as this game will sell, even if it's bad.

Mayyhem

cuevas said:
Bad spawns happen in everything always, get over it. Go play S&D if you don't want bad spawns.
So I should pay $60 for a game and play just ONE out of the many game-types to avoid getting spawn killed 5 times in a row without being able to move a couple feet? Cool

Mayyhem said:
So I should pay $60 for a game and play just ONE out of the many game-types to avoid getting spawn killed 5 times in a row without being able to move a couple feet? Cool

Any shooter you buy is going to have spawn issues.

Mayyhem said:

I paid $50 for both cod and cod2 to play almost all S&D.

legacyzero

Banned
Mayyhem said:

Like it's ever that bad... Seriously, I rarely get spawn killed.

Touch

So the Type 95, I'm assuming it's a really good weapon. All these streamers seem to use it a lot. I wish they would make the M16 good again, or at least on par with the other burst rifles. Although I haven't seen much M16 in this game so far.

def sim

if spawns are similar to mw2/blops, i'm fine with it. internet is full of hyperbole and i strongly doubt it's as ridiculous as being trapped and killed over and over within a second or so after spawning.

rance said:
if spawns are similar to mw2/blops, i'm fine with it. internet is full of hyperbole and i strongly doubt it's as ridiculous as being trapped and killed over and over within a second or so after spawning.
Unless its demo on a bad map or chained killstreaks.

Never had these problems in cod4 :(

I don't want to sound like a downer, and your opinion may be different from mine, but 36 hours with this game was all I needed. It's a mess. By Wednesday I think a lot of you will agree. I didn't have any fun at all.

Respawn

Banned
Why would anyone post the streams in an active thread which is being watched by IW/Activision??
Just PM the person that ask for it. Not only does it keeps unwanted eyes away but also put a stop to the bans.

PM the Streams!!

Hyunkel6

I've not followed news about the game until recently, so sorry if this has been asked many times before: I've heard that you can reset your stats after prestiging. What exactly does that do? Why would someone want to do that?

def sim

Liquidsnake said:
I don't want to sound like a downer, and your opinion may be different from mine, but 36 hours with this game was all I needed. It's a mess. By Wednesday I think a lot of you will agree. I didn't have any fun at all.

I gave up on Blops pretty quickly so I'm not ruling out disliking this game. I didn't even prestige once.

I'm expecting it to at least be as hectic as MW2 or as solidly balanced with good damage and maps like MW1. I'm fine with either extremes. The problem with Blops is that it's boring. So boring.

Touch

Liquidsnake said:
What exactly is the issue with it? If it's just the spawns, I'm fine with that. Seeing that I still play MW2 and gave up caring about that. Other than spawns what else makes the game a "mess"?

Mayyhem

Alright I apologize for being a little too hostile about the spawn issue, its not THAT bad, but it does have noticeable issues. I'm sure they can be partially supported through a patch.

As for some quick impressions, because I'm still playing Multiplayer.

Pros:
-Runs smoother then ever, which is a no-brainer for CoD but coming off BF3 on 360 this just feels like butter.
-The guns feel and look amazing, but most noticeably sound fantastic. Much improved over MW2
-More challenging to unlock higher killstreaks like the AC-130 and Osprey Gunner because of there being no Harrier.
-The maps are surprisingly pretty sweet, some high highs and some low lows on that though. More good than bad so far in my opinion.
-The one-on-one gunplay is great, and seems very polished. Not sure how to explain this better but it "feels" better to put shots into someone.
-The un-lockable s, weapon levels, gadgets, perks etc seem to be a little overwhelming but actually quite nice because of the variety.
Cons:
-Although they arent the high streaks (yet) there seems to always be a bunch of shit in the air, especially UAVs and Advanced UAVs.
-The spawn system needs some work (noted this in TDM, Demo, Dom). I find myself many times spawning in positions where there are enemies behind me or very near me.
-Lots of the maps seem to promote camping/ camping areas
-Quick-scoping seems a little too easy (could be a pro depending on your preference)

Can't really think of much else right now, I'll add things as I play more.

I can answer questions regarding multiplayer.

tigerin

Mayyhem said:
Alright I apologize for being a little too hostile about the spawn issue, its not THAT bad, but it does have noticeable issues. I'm sure they can be partially supported through a patch.

As for some quick impressions, because I'm still playing Multiplayer.

Pros:
-Runs smoother then ever, which is a no-brainer for CoD but coming off BF3 on 360 this just feels like butter.
-The guns feel and look amazing, but most noticeably sound fantastic. Much improved over MW2
-More challenging to unlock higher killstreaks like the AC-130 and Osprey Gunner because of there being no Harrier.
-The maps are surprisingly pretty sweet, some high highs and some low lows on that though. More good than bad so far in my opinion.
-The one-on-one gunplay is great, and seems very polished. Not sure how to explain this better but it "feels" better to put shots into someone.
-The un-lockable s, weapon levels, gadgets, perks etc seem to be a little overwhelming but actually quite nice because of the variety.
Cons:
-Although they arent the high streaks (yet) there seems to always be a bunch of shit in the air, especially UAVs and Advanced UAVs.
-The spawn system needs some work (noted this in TDM, Demo, Dom). I find myself many times spawning in positions where there are enemies behind me or very near me.
-Lots of the maps seem to promote camping/ camping areas
-Quick-scoping seems a little too easy (could be a pro depending on your preference)

Can't really think of much else right now, I'll add things as I play more.

I can answer questions regarding multiplayer.

mw3 or bf3?

Top Bottom