• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

The_Monk said:
^ This is all I want to know because there is no info about it, so this means I won't be getting Elite Membership.

Btw Live Free or Die thanks for the link but I did not find the Info I was looking for. All they say is this:

More Content than Ever, with 20 Pieces of New MW3 DLC PREMIUM
New monthly DLC released over 9 months, so you Always have Something New to Play PREMIUM
More Variety than Ever, with New MP Maps, Spec Ops, Missions, Game Modes & More PREMIUM
You get to keep all the DLC even if your membership expires

=/

You're welcome. After i posted the link I read that page I didnt know it was basically just one big ad. lol I found a different with some actual info this time. lol http://www.callofduty.com/elite/whats-included

You can download it as a PDF too http://www.callofduty.com/content/dam/activision/callofduty/elite/docs/Elite_Feature_Comparison.pdf

vilmer_

Live Free or Die said:
I'm getting elite.

As far as I know elite members get map packs early. There is more info here http://www.callofduty.com/elite

For some reason I can't register... I log in with my regular email/pwd and it takes me to the elite registration page. I put in all info and hit next but my password box goes red and it won't accept any of my passwords that I put in wtf!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The_Monk said:
^ This is all I want to know because there is no info about it, so this means I won't be getting Elite Membership.

Btw Live Free or Die thanks for the link but I did not find the Info I was looking for. All they say is this:

More Content than Ever, with 20 Pieces of New MW3 DLC PREMIUM
New monthly DLC released over 9 months, so you Always have Something New to Play PREMIUM
More Variety than Ever, with New MP Maps, Spec Ops, Missions, Game Modes & More PREMIUM
You get to keep all the DLC even if your membership expires

=/
The actual content offered is unclear right now. Obviously there aren't going to be nine map packs (it'll be a mix of other stuff), but it's possible that they might offer one or two Elite map packs that are exclusive (probably MW2 maps). The way the matchmaking works for people who do/don't have certain maps wouldn't fuck anything up, really, and it would be a good marketing tool to get even more people to subscribe.

You can also subscribe at any time. I'm kind of surprised that they haven't been more clear about what type of DLC will be coming, but they probably know it's going to sell regardless.

aku:jiki said:
:lol indeed! Please do keep your old shit up. It'd be seriously amusing to watch you ban yourself with hilarious, sad outbursts like in the BO thread.

You're laughably egotistical, curiously aggressive, always confrontational and refuse to admit you're incorrect, even when you are debated into a fine paste, like you were many times in the BO thread. You talk down to people as though you're some COD GOD, but your stats are extremely mediocre and I feel the people in this thread should be aware of that, considering you're dishing out so much egotistical nonsense. That's all.

Anyway, I'm relying on GAF to decide whether I buy MW3. I'm more of a Treyarch guy with their focus on gun combat and (in my opinion), better map design. I'm willing to be bowled over by IW once again though. Hated MW2 but I adored COD4...

vilmer_ said:
For some reason I can't register... I log in with my regular email/pwd and it takes me to the elite registration page. I put in all info and hit next but my password box goes red and it won't accept any of my passwords wtf!

It's messed up for me too. I'm using Chrome and some of the stuff wont work for me like links and pages not loading. I switched to firefox and it worked. So might want to try a different browser.

Aumann

Angry Fork said:
I wish I had a friend with COD4/WaW I could borrow =( I got to the max level in COD4 and World at War but never prestiged and I don't have my copies anymore so I'm screwed -_-

Are the CoD4 servers still up?

kuYuri

Anyone still trading Dew XP combat cards? I'd still like to trade for some missing cards before this tuesday!

Radec said:
I wonder if the 1 month behind release of the PS3 map packs will still be in effect even when you are an elite subscriber.

Xbox 360 Elite users still get maps earlier than PS3 Elite users.

I pity the fool that never experienced cod (except ll lol) and cod2 on pc.

Oh hey it's Kermit the dog, for those of you that don't know go ahead and add him to ignore.

vilmer_

Live Free or Die said:
It's messed up for me too. I'm using Chrome and some of the stuff wont work for me like links and pages not loading. I switched to firefox and it worked. So might want to try a different browser.

I'm on Firefox, I'll have to try another.

The_Monk

Live Free or Die said:
You're welcome. After i posted the link I read that page I didnt know it was basically just one big ad. lol I found a different with some actual info this time. lol http://www.callofduty.com/elite/whats-included

You can download it as a PDF too http://www.callofduty.com/content/dam/activision/callofduty/elite/docs/Elite_Feature_Comparison.pdf

Thanks, I ended getting that info after a quick search. What I posted earlier is from the link you just provided. ;)

How many DLC's were in BO? 4 or 5?

If they release let's say, 4 or 5 Map Packs at 15€/$15 each than it's worth to get Elite if you plan to get all the Maps Packs because Elite is at $49/€ and 4 Maps Packs would cost you $60/€.

In this case it's worth getting Elite Membership. All I want are the Maps the rest I have Zero interest and It's hard for me to give money to content that I don't like/won't be using. That's why I didn't got any Map Packs in BO because I didn't care about Zombies so I would not be paying for stuff I would never use/play. But I got all the DLC in MW2 and liked all of it.

DRE Fei

aku:jiki said:
I really don't know how you're that much of a dumbass, but congratulations, I guess.

:lol indeed! Please do keep your old shit up. It'd be seriously amusing to watch you ban yourself with hilarious, sad outbursts like in the BO thread.
This is a sad outburst if I've ever heard one. Carry on.

LowParry

Kermit The Dog said:
Anyway, I'm relying on GAF to decide whether I buy MW3. I'm more of a Treyarch guy with their focus on gun combat and (in my opinion), better map design. I'm willing to be bowled over by IW once again though. Hated MW2 but I adored COD4...

Sounds like you're ready to purchase the game. And GAF will probably shun you for it in the end.

Shady859

Strider2K99 said:
Anyone still trading Dew XP combat cards? I'd still like to trade for some missing cards before this tuesday!

http://www.rankupxp.com/Dashboard/Index/cardExchange/1035679347032

Sorry that isn't going to be as helpful as I hoped... I should've expanded my want list before I entered a huge pile. Now I have them all and can't add to want list just the old saved trade queue. I have literally have at least triples of 11 of the 16 cards in the set. (I have a collection bowl in our work breakroom, plus the GF saves all hers)

kuYuri

$hady said:
http://www.rankupxp.com/Dashboard/Index/cardExchange/1035679347032

Sorry that isn't going to be as helpful as I hoped... I should've expanded my want list before I entered a huge pile. Now I have them all and can't add to want list just the old saved trade queue. I have literally have at least triples of 11 of the 16 cards in the set. (I have a collection bowl in our work breakroom, plus the GF saves all hers)

Just sent you an offer. :)

GlamFM said:
Shit at 60 FPS still looks like shit - at 60 FPS.

It might be technically awesome shit, but it the end it´s still.... you get it....

Level design is really bad in MW3. Like really bad.

If I had to rate my CODs (only the MP aspect) it would be:

1:COD4
2:MW2
3:BLOPS
4:WAW
5:MW3

Sorry man nothing is worse than WAW , there is absolutely no way it's possible...

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I hope they don't force me to use Dexp off the bat when i get Elite.

I wanted my first rank grind to be single XP.

Shady859

Accepted your offer and happy to say the card you gave me was NOT removed from my want list. So maybe my pile can help more people!

Also I'm waiting to enter my gamertag on the site until i'm comfortable with the game and can do more with double exp beside learn the map. I think we get 2 hrs double from Elite anyway.

madmaxx350 said:
Sorry man nothing is worse than WAW , there is absolutely no way it's possible...
I'm so glad he has MW2 so high on his list because it automatically enables me to void his opinion. MW2 was factually the worst designed COD when it came to MP.

Victrix

*beard*
Spike6663 said:
Any impressions on the sound? Does it still sound like a poorman's Battlefield?

The overall soundscape has nothing on BF3, but I actually prefer the action movie hero gun sfx by a considerable margin. Firing and hitting people sounds and feels much better to me than BF3.

Mostly personal preference though, if you prefer the more 'realistic' whizzing and impact of nearby bullets in BF3, MW3 probably won't win you over.

I hate I'm not going to be able to play the game day one because I ordered the hardened edition online.

Has anyone heard of shipment figures for Hardened Edition at Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy during the midnight launch?

Spike6663 said:

A lot of people have said in their impressions that the sound, especially the gun's shooting sounds, is actually up there with the best and from the streams I have watched, I got to say, I agree.

Victrix

*beard*
dmg04 said:
People already have gold guns?
The game isn't even out yet.

People were prestiged in MW2 before it came out also, this isn't new :p

(I'm actually glad people have gold guns, because it means the weapon leveling isn't onerous at all)

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
dmg04 said:
People already have gold guns?
The game isn't even out yet.

Its really easy to level up your gun if you just stick with one. I've onlu got about 3 and a half hours in and I've already got three guns over half way to gold camo. If I'd have stuck with the SCAR or M4 this whole time I'd probably be very close.

Do you have to prestige all the way to the last prestige in the previous games to get the tokens, or does it count as long as you prestige once in each game?

Untracked

Spike6663 said:
MW2's sound is awesome. I love that I can accurately pin-point an enemy's direction, distance and what gun they're using purely from the audio.
From the videos I've seen 3 seems to be an improvement, as it should, coming from the dudes who made Dead Space.
I'm just glad it doesn't sound as though you're underwater, like Blops did.

Victrix

*beard*
Live Free or Die said:
Do you have to prestige all the way to the last prestige in the previous games to get the tokens, or does it count as long as you prestige once in each game?

No, single prestige - prestige over once and play a game to lock in your bonus token

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Anyone know if the 'fast reload' perk is still broken?

ex;
My screen, it shows him reloading
His screen, he finished reloading 2 seconds ago

That always bugged me in MW2

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Live Free or Die said:

Only have to do it once.

Top Bottom