• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

LeMaximilian said:
This. Will go into more details later, but this. Hard to imagine a COD with higher damage than MW2, but they did it.

I'm actually ok with this. One thing I really disliked about BLOPS is that sometimes took too much of a clip to kill someone.

Victrix

*beard*
DR3AM said:
wtf at the kill on 0:55, the guy is like 5 feet away from the bullet

Theater mode, client side prediction etcetc

I foresee this complaint popping up in this thread 5000 more times

Angry Fork

So will there be a point to using snipers in hardcore? It seems like at this rate everyone will die of 1 bullet in hardcore no matter what gun you use =(

Dexa said:
normal mode = hardcore mode weapon dmg in mw3? :eek:

Yeah, I think people drop way too fast. Seems like it takes only a couple of bullets to kill someone. I was really hoping the game would be more like COD4 where you had a bit more chance to escape...

Angry Fork

After seeing that vid can anyone confirm whether you're basically 1 shot dead in hardcore? Whoever has the game. Would be really disappointing if true it should be 2 shots for most weapons and 1 for sniper. It definitely seems like that's the way it is in normal mode though.

kuYuri

iNvidious01 said:
type 95 is the new m16, damn

FAMAS actually. It even has the same reload animation.

Chuck said:
:-o

What's that weapon he's maining?

Also, what's AH-6 Overwatch and Pave Low do?

AH-6 follows you around taking out targets, while Pave Low is just a more powerful attack helicopter.

Victrix

*beard*
Desaan said:
What's with the size of a shoebox maps?

Dome is literally the smallest map in the game. I have yet to see anyone post a video of Interchange, Outpost, or Lockdown, all of which are larger. Or even some of the medium size ones for that matter.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
upJTboogie said:
This actually looks like the 'see first, win' gameplay is getting worse.

That's COD, if you want something that's not that type of play style, don't play "realistic" damage model games. (Halo, Gears, etc).

mxgt

Banned
Game will probably be great the first few days on PC seeing as it's steamworks and no one has access until the release date

Ferny

Im actually usually not excited about COD games on release. I end up getting them anyway since most of my friends get them anyway, but im actually excited for this one. The whole strike packages seem smart and it seems like a more refined MW2 which was a pretty good game overall.

for all the people having trouble with the Elite registration page (the "re-type your password" box getting a red X):

Your password has to have a capital letter and a number. It doesn't tell you that anywhere, but changing that fixed it for me and a friend.

As far as I can tell you still can't "complete" registration by linking a gamertag til you actually pop in MW3 on Tuesday.

Alienshogun said:
That's COD, if you want something that's not that type of play style, don't play "realistic" damage model games. (Halo, Gears, etc).
That's the later COD games, it wasn't always as bad as it got in Mw2.

kuYuri

Lionheart1827 said:
Where is this "elite console app" that people are talking about? On 360 btw.

It's CoD Elite on console. Not much else to be said really, lol. You can see some of it in the recent Elite vids.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Full Metal Jacket said:
I'm going to rape with the Type 95, good lord.
My AK says otherwise, semi-auto scum!!!!

[and after watching that video, it seems that the gun alternated between 2 shot and 3 shot bursts. wtf? lolneitherofthosearesemi-auto]

ZZMitch

Is Elite not up right now or something? When I try to enter it on callofduty.com it just says it is under maintenance. Can we not sign up until the Tuesday if we weren't able to get the hardened edition?

GrizzNKev

Banned
Is it just me or all the guns way too bumpy looking? Adding tons of knobs, buttons, and switches does not make the weapon look cooler.

Deadbeat

Banned
GrizzNKev said:
Is it just me or all the guns way too bumpy looking? Adding tons of knobs, buttons, and switches does not make the weapon look cooler.
But I got to adjust the windage on my sights for killing people 10 meters away.

ZZMitch said:
Is Elite not up right now or something? When I try to enter it on callofduty.com it just says it is under maintenance. Can we not sign up until the Tuesday if we weren't able to get the hardened edition?
From what I've read in this thread, it wont go live till MW3 launches. I've signed up but once I get to the site I get the maintenance message.

Brian Fellows said:
This feel way worse than MW2. I never had a problem with the damage in MW2.
Yeah this does seem worse than MW2. MW2 health wasn't that bad but I was disappointed it felt lower than COD4.

Wimps

Wow.

Kinda sad that people die that fast. Or are we missing something here?

Bring back COD4. Turning around when getting shot at and then ripping through that guy was perfect.

Top Bottom