• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

zlatko

Banned
snack said:
Theatre Mode plays recordings with delay. Seems to be a common problem.

Okay, but is it not recording the right amount of bullets shot? He seems to shoot two bullets and wham you are dead at ANY range.

jgminto

SMZC said:
I think sniping can be potentially overpowered in this game. All other types of weapons have been slightly nerfed since MW2. Not only have snipers remained the same, they seem to have given them more tools than ever before.
But it looks like if they miss the first shot they're almost certain to die. Especially if they're using the bolt-action like most snipers do.

vilmer_ said:
This is what I'm currently getting.

RU1qI.jpg

Hadn't seen that. Maybe I got in because I had the original Blur login.

M.W.

Jrmint said:
Wow that map looks nice.

Have they said whether rank is going to be reset when the game launches? Seems pretty unfair and shitty if those who got the game early would have a huge upper hand.

Robert Bowling said they weren't sure yet what they were going to do. Can you penalize people who were able to get it early? I've already seen one person who's prestiged 3 times already. That would suck to have to start over.

Marcellus Wallace said:
Robert Bowling said they weren't sure yet what they were going to do. Can you penalize people who were able to get it early? I've already seen one person who's prestiged 3 times already. That would suck to have to start over.

WHy would it suck. They got to play the game before they were supposed to. No one should be allow 1-3 prestige head start.

zlatko

Banned
Marcellus Wallace said:

Congrats on become a full member. :) At least I think you were a junior member yesterday...

Jrmint

Marcellus Wallace said:
So the minority should get bonuses over the majority? I'm sure 10% or less of the people playing will have gotten the game early, so the other 90% should get screwed as a result?

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

M.W.

TestOfTide said:
WHy would it suck. They got to play the game before they were supposed to. No one should be allow 1-3 prestige head start.

It's never been a problem in the past, I can't imagine it would be now.

ArjanN

Wimps said:
Wow.

Kinda sad that people die that fast. Or are we missing something here?

Bring back COD4. Turning around when getting shot at and then ripping through that guy was perfect.

IMO There never was much turning around in the other COD games. Unless they suck at aiming, if someone came up on your back you'd be dead before you could turn around.

To be honest I prefer that, at least in a game with human characters. It just means the game starts to revolve on avoiding getting in that situation.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
ArjanN said:
IMO There never was much turning around in the other COD games. Unless they suck at aiming, if someone came up on your back you'd be dead before you could turn around.

Most people do suck at aiming though. That is the entire point. This just levels the playing field that much more.

aristotle

GAF | PSN

Global: MW3NeoGAF
TacticalFox88 | NightBlade88
Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
The Last Wizard | Nighthawk17
SarcasticD | DMasta718
Audίoboxer | Audioboxer
MercuryLS | MLS3
Marda | Faeirea
lowemark | lowemark
MDavis360 | MDavis360
Angry Fork | napkin
AwesomeSauce | madvillen
btothekw | btothekw
samus4ever | DrakesMistake
Adamska23 | adamska23

Am I missing anyone?

ArjanN said:

To be honest I prefer that, at least in a game with human characters. It just means the game starts to revolve on avoiding getting in that situation.
You can definitely turn on people more in black ops than MW2, having just played the two games back-to-back, it's still rare of course but the difference is noticeable. If you can kill people even quicker in MW3 then there is no chance of evading.

In some of the videos I can see the FMG9 machine pistol put down people as quick as the UMP at close range..

Brian Fellows said:
Most people do suck at aiming though. That is the entire point. This just levels the playing field that much more.
Which is what they want. That's why they they made the stupid point streaks. They want awful people to feel good.

gray_fox224

aristotle said:
GAF | PSN

Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
SarcasticD | DMasta718
Audίoboxer | Audioboxer
MercuryLS | MLS3
Marda | Faeirea
lowemark | lowemark
MDavis360 | MDavis360
Angry Fork | napkin
AwesomeSauce | madvillen
btothekw | btothekw
Adamska23 | adamska23

Am I missing anyone?
me!

gray_fox224 | riceman224

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
cuevas said:
Which is what they want. That's why they they made the stupid point streaks. They want awful people to feel good.

I know. That doesn't make it any less annoying though. Think I might be sticking with Black Ops unless some changes are made with this game(I know they won't be).

I'm just glad I managed to sell my copy of the hardened edition. Cuz now I'm seriously re-thinking getting elite.

Brian Fellows said:
I know. That doesn't make it any less annoying though. Think I might be sticking with Black Ops unless some changes are made with this game(I know they won't be).

I'm just glad I managed to sell my copy of the hardened edition. Cuz now I'm seriously re-thinking getting elite.
I'm in the same boat. We thought 2 was bad, this is going to be horrendous. Fuck you Robert bowling.

Marcellus Wallace said:
Awful people will still be awful.
With killstreaks and camping in corners. There's still campers in blops but you have a better chance of killing them. Now those people will get rewarded.

SMZC

cuevas said:
I'm in the same boat. We thought 2 was bad, this is going to be horrendous. Fuck you Robert bowling.

I fail to see how this could possibly be any more unbalanced than 2.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
cuevas said:
With killstreaks and camping in corners. There's still campers in blops but you have a better chance of killing them. Now those people will get rewarded.

I haven't encountered many campers yet. I just get shot in the back ALOT because of these random ass level designs with a billion different pathways.

aristotle

gray_fox224 said:
me!

gray_fox224 | riceman224

Added :)

GAF | PSN

Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
SarcasticD | DMasta718
Audίoboxer | Audioboxer
MercuryLS | MLS3
Marda | Faeirea
lowemark | lowemark
MDavis360 | MDavis360
Angry Fork | napkin
AwesomeSauce | madvillen
btothekw | btothekw
Adamska23 | adamska23
gray_fox224 | riceman224

M.W.

Brian Fellows said:
I haven't encountered many campers yet. I just get shot in the back ALOT because of these random ass level designs with a billion different pathways.

lol

Do you have a favorite map yet?

Brian Fellows said:
I hated that about mw2, shits stacking up against this game.

M.W.

Teknoman said:
Are point streaks when you get rewarded for capturing a point or flag/defusing a bomb?

For kills as well. They refer to everything as points now. Or, I could be wrong in which case someone should correct me.

Jrmint said:
Wow that map looks nice.

Have they said whether rank is going to be reset when the game launches? Seems pretty unfair and shitty if those who got the game early would have a huge upper hand.
I don't think they have an upper hand at all. I've always hated that excuse people throw out there about these games.

If I'm wrong tell me what advantage they have. Or, for example, tell me what advantage the level 50 guy in MW2 had over the level 1 guy.

kuYuri

Teknoman said:
Are point streaks when you get rewarded for capturing a point or flag/defusing a bomb?
Basically anything that gives you points contributes towards pointstreaks. That includes kills, doing objectives, shooting down air support, and with Hardline Pro, even assist kills.

M.W.

Sorry if this has been asked, but I take it you can upload entire matches to YT instead of just 30 second clips?

kuYuri

Marcellus Wallace said:
Sorry if this has been asked, but I take it you can upload entire matches to YT instead of just 30 second clips?
Still only 30 second clips according to CoD Elite site.

Teknoman

Strider2K99 said:
Basically anything that gives you points contributes towards pointstreaks. That includes kills, doing objectives, shooting down air support, and with Hardline Pro, even assist kills.

In that case, I dont see anything wrong with rewarding people for completing objectives. Assist kills might get a little out of hand though.

When playing Kill Confirmed, can other teammates take the tags of the person you killed? If so, there will be more complaints about stolen kills than in Gears.

MrDaravon

Teknoman said:
In that case, I dont see anything wrong with rewarding people for completing objectives. Assist kills might get a little out of hand though.

When playing Kill Confirmed, can other teammates take the tags of the person you killed? If so, there will be more complaints about stolen kills than in Gears.

Yes, but I think if they do you still get the credit.

Hyunkel6

Teknoman said:
I believe you still get the kill, but not the points.

jgminto

Teknoman said:

You get a point for kills, capping objectives and downing aircraft. You get half a point for an assist with Hardline Pro.

With KC I believe if a teammate picks up your tag, the experience is split 50/50.

Teknoman

SailorDaravon said:
Yes, but I think if they do you still get the credit.

Hyunkel6 said:
I believe you still get the kill, but not the points.

jgminto said:
You get a point for kills, capping objectives and downing aircraft. You get half a point for an assist with Hardline Pro.

With KC I believe if a teammate picks up your tag, the experience is split 50/50.

Cool, shouldnt be too big of a deal then.

Top Bottom