• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Too many November games....I must not buy this. I will not buy this.

Who the fuck am I kidding.... <logs into Steam and preorders...>

May my free time forgive me....

The netcode or hitboxes are really fucked up in this or something? They were always loose but every video for this looks awful with people killing others who clearly were not even getting hot.

vilmer_

BattleMonkey said:
The netcode or hitboxes are really fucked up in this or something? They were always loose but every video for this looks awful with people killing others who clearly were not even getting hot.

I think a lot of the videos are theater mode where the hitboxes look really horrendous.

StalkerUKCG said:
IM getting it for the SP aswell. Ill play MP but iv never been over 1st prestige im not a dedicated player.
I'm the same way. Have we heard estimates on the length of SP? I've seen a youtube playlist with
20 (+1 5 min),15-20 videos).
It seems longer than MW2.

Teknoman

BattleMonkey said:

Its Theater mode apparently.

aristotle

eroots said:
Me too for the ps3 clan.
Psn: eroots

Flunkie said:
So, where are the clan signups? I don't see anything in Community.

PSN and XBL both: Flunkie44

Added both of you :)

GAF | PSN

Global: MW3NeoGAF
TacticalFox88 | NightBlade88
Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
The Last Wizard | Nighthawk17
SarcasticD | DMasta718
Aud&#943;oboxer | Audioboxer
MercuryLS | MLS3
Marda | Faeirea
lowemark | lowemark
MDavis360 | MDavis360
Angry Fork | napkin
AwesomeSauce | madvillen
btothekw | btothekw
samus4ever | DrakesMistake
Adamska23 | adamska23
gray_fox224 | riceman224
eroots | eroots
Flunkie44 | Flunkie44

Not spamming :D

RedSwirl

After trying out Gears 3 horde and some of the Spec Ops missions in MW2, I have a feeling I'm really gonna like survival mode in MW3.

aristotle said:
Added both of you :)

GAF | PSN

Global: MW3NeoGAF
TacticalFox88 | NightBlade88
Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
The Last Wizard | Nighthawk17
SarcasticD | DMasta718
Aud&#943;oboxer | Audioboxer
MercuryLS | MLS3
Marda | Faeirea
lowemark | lowemark
MDavis360 | MDavis360
Angry Fork | napkin
AwesomeSauce | madvillen
btothekw | btothekw
samus4ever | DrakesMistake
Adamska23 | adamska23
gray_fox224 | riceman224
eroots | eroots
Flunkie44 | Flunkie44

Not spamming :D
My friends list is about to be huge, hahahaha

aristotle

Flunkie said:
Woot! Thanks.

Anytime! :) I'll add you to my PSN friends list later tonight.

Should we start a community MP thread? I figure that as of right now, keeping up with both clans will get hectic starting tomorrow night.

I have an image created already, I just wanted to know what others thought and what the title should be.

Flunkie

Banned
aristotle said:
Should we start a community MP thread? I figure that as of right now, keeping up with both clans will get hectic starting tomorrow night.

I have an image created already, I just wanted to know what others thought and what the title should be.
I figured that would have already been in place.

Anywho, I just played Black Ops for the first time since.. geez, May? June? and my first game back I went 20-5. Feels good man.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Why do I suddenly want this on PC even though all my friends are on 360?! I told myself I wasn't going to buy COD this year but damnit...

tigerin

okay, for the last time. the people who played mw3 and bf3. which one you think is better? i'm getting one of it and don't know which one to get, serious. and don't pull that "they're both different games." bullcrap.

tigerin said:
okay, for the last time. the people who played mw3 and bf3. which one you think is better? i'm getting one of it and don't know which one to get, serious. and don't pull that "they're both different games." bullcrap.

It's not bullcrap though.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
tigerin said:
It depends on what you want, dude. They're both great games.

aristotle said:
Anytime! :) I'll add you to my PSN friends list later tonight.

Call of Duty: Moder Warfare 3 Community Thread lOTl Has 99 problems but it's still pretty fun!

LowParry

tigerin said:

Well, they are. One game plays in a very open field of play. You may find yourself doing more running than shooting. While the other has closed maps where it's run and gun with a slew shit all up in the air. Depends on your play style. Both are great games.

Flunkie

Banned
Nelo Ice said:
Why do I suddenly want this on PC even though all my friends are on 360?! I told myself I wasn't going to buy COD this year but damnit...
Cannot stand the CoD games on PC. Something about them just pisses me off. CoD 2 is the only one I ever enjoyed on PC.

The real question is.. why do I suddenly want all these damn trading cards?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Flunkie said:
Cannot stand the CoD games on PC. Something about them just pisses me off. CoD 2 is the only one I ever enjoyed on PC.

The real question is.. why do I suddenly want all these damn trading cards?

Opposite for me, I played black ops during a free weekend and the controls just felt right. Made me wonder why I bothered playing with a controller lol. Only downside to PC is my whole friends list on 360 will be on MW3.

tigerin

CcrooK said:
Well, they are. One game plays in a very open field of play. You may find yourself doing more running than shooting. While the other has closed maps where it's run and gun with a slew shit all up in the air. Depends on your play style. Both are great games.

LOL they're both shooting games. if i can compare a jrpg to a shooting game, then why can't a shooting game compare to a shooting game?

Flunkie

Banned
Nelo Ice said:
Opposite for me, I played black ops during a free weekend and the controls just felt right. Made me wonder why I bothered playing with a controller lol. Only downside to PC is my whole friends list on 360 will be on MW3.
That has a very gravitating force on my decision to go 360 too. If that wasn't the case I'd give the PC version another go around. Got burned by Black Ops.

tigerin said:
LOL they're both shooting games. if i can compare a jrpg to a shooting game, then why can't a shooting game compare to a shooting game?

Because they both concentrate on different styles of gameplay. Battlefield is for the most part team based and involves many different roles and very large maps, vehicles as well.

COD is more focused on infantry combat, closer quarters, smaller maps, more frenzied gameplay.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Flunkie said:
That has a very gravitating force on my decision to go 360 too. If that wasn't the case I'd give the PC version another go around. Got burned by Black Ops.

Yeah thats pretty much the only reason I'll get a console version nowadays besides exclusives since I barely kno anyone with a proper PC.

Geoff9920

CcrooK said:
I don't see why they can't add it in if many want that in the leaderboards.
True, but IW isn't exactly well known for their post launch support outside of DLC. Hell, post launch balancing in both MW & MW2 rarely occurred.

Geoff9920 said:
True, but IW isn't exactly well known for their post launch support outside of DLC. Hell, post lunch balancing in both MW & MW2 rarely occurred.

I know, I got no lunch at all, I had to make my own.

;)

Top Bottom