• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Do I go through the Gamertag list and add everyone or will we be joined up through the clan grouping as set from the leader of the clan?

Victrix

*beard*
Can we get some sort of title change to 'It's Theater Mode'

I'm going to go crazy if that pops up every page for the next week

aristotle

Live Free or Die said:
Can I be added to the list? PSN & XBL: AmericanNinja1
If you send me a friend request just add a note you're from Gaf.

On it!

GAF | PSN

Global: MW3NeoGAF
TacticalFox88 | NightBlade88
Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
The Last Wizard | Nighthawk17
SarcasticD | DMasta718
Audίoboxer | Audioboxer
MercuryLS | MLS3
Marda | Faeirea
lowemark | lowemark
MDavis360 | MDavis360
Angry Fork | napkin
AwesomeSauce | madvillen
btothekw | btothekw
samus4ever | DrakesMistake
Adamska23 | adamska23
gray_fox224 | riceman224
eroots | eroots
Flunkie44 | Flunkie44
Live Free or Die | AmericanNinja1

I'll be creating a Community thread soon so we can keep up with members easier in the coming days/weeks.

DRE Fei

How many people here play SnD? That's where the points are at. We can play some kill confirmed too. Let's get together tomorrow at midnight when everyone else gets the game. I should be on the gaf xbl gamertag friends list.

Victrix said:
Can we get some sort of title change to 'It's Theater Mode'

I'm going to go crazy if that pops up every page for the next week
Seriously, this is so true.

Enosh

Teknoman said:
At the beginning of the video there will be a meter at the bottom of the screen.
also it seems like the "pick up X" when going over a weapon doesn't show up
button prompts for "throw back grenade" aren't there either

Enosh said:
also it seems like the "pick up X" when going over a weapon doesn't show up
button prompts for "throw back grenade" aren't there either

And the weapon fire rates aren't accurate. That guy's UMP was firing really fucking slow for having rapid fire.

The Xtortionist said:
And the weapon fire rates aren't accurate. That guy's UMP was firing really fucking slow for having rapid fire.
It kind of looked as though the replay was running at a bit less than 100% speed.

aristotle said:
On it!

GAF | PSN

Global: MW3NeoGAF
TacticalFox88 | NightBlade88
Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
The Last Wizard | Nighthawk17
SarcasticD | DMasta718
Audίoboxer | Audioboxer
MercuryLS | MLS3
Marda | Faeirea
lowemark | lowemark
MDavis360 | MDavis360
Angry Fork | napkin
AwesomeSauce | madvillen
btothekw | btothekw
samus4ever | DrakesMistake
Adamska23 | adamska23
gray_fox224 | riceman224
eroots | eroots
Flunkie44 | Flunkie44
Live Free or Die | AmericanNinja1

I'll be creating a Community thread soon so we can keep up with members easier in the coming days/weeks.

Thank you!

Geoff9920 said:
True, but IW isn't exactly well known for their post launch support outside of DLC. Hell, post launch balancing in both MW & MW2 rarely occurred.
I believe that's because the game didn't need any further balancing after the few changes they made. I applaud them for not bowing to the whims of a few people just because they didn't like something. IW can see the data on what is happening in the game, and if certain perks or guns were overpowered they would have made further changes.

Victrix

*beard*
BruiserBear said:
I believe that's because the game didn't need any further balancing after the few changes they made. I applaud them for not bowing to the whims of a few people just because they didn't like something. IW can see the data on what is happening in the game, and if certain perks or guns were overpowers them they would have made further changes.

Uh.

Look, I love MW1 like a son, and love MW2 like a slightly slow son, but this sort of hilarious developer white knighting is deeply, deeply misplaced.

Protip: Devs fuck up just as much as fans do, and aren't always capable of seeing (or fixing) mistakes.

If you think the issues with MW2 were 'the whims of a few people', you didn't play MW2 seriously. I played it with friends *only* and there were still nights where I'd get tired of the bullshit.

Victrix

*beard*
Noriega said:
I have no idea why I didn't ask this before

People with the game is the VA of Gaz/Ghost in it? PLEASE TELL ME YES BASED GOD

2011 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Sgt. Wallcroft

VVV Let's do dis

BruiserBear said:
I believe that's because the game didn't need any further balancing after the few changes they made. I applaud them for not bowing to the whims of a few people just because they didn't like something. IW can see the data on what is happening in the game, and if certain perks or guns were overpowered they would have made further changes.
Are you fucking serious?

MW1 I could maybe, just maybe agree with.

MW2 was, and is, a broken hunk of shit. The fact that OMA/explosives/noob-tubes are still as prevalent as ever is plenty of proof of IW's fuck up.

tigerin

Lionheart1827 said:
Because they both concentrate on different styles of gameplay. Battlefield is for the most part team based and involves many different roles and very large maps, vehicles as well.

COD is more focused on infantry combat, closer quarters, smaller maps, more frenzied gameplay.

i can go on and on about how different each games are.

but the question still is, which one is better?

Nori Chan

Victrix said:
2011 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Sgt. Wallcroft

The Xtortionist said:
Yep, he's the SAS squad leader in SP and MP.

lesh do dis

edit - dammit victrix

1118013_o.gif

Does he say les do dis?

That was the most amazing line since ever

aristotle

New community thread here: CoD MW3

@Radec, can you update the op please?

If there is anything I need to add, let me know. I haven't been keeping up with the 360 clan until just now.

Victrix said:
Uh.

Look, I love MW1 like a son, and love MW2 like a slightly slow son, but this sort of hilarious developer white knighting is deeply, deeply misplaced.

Protip: Devs fuck up just as much as fans do, and aren't always capable of seeing (or fixing) mistakes.

If you think the issues with MW2 were 'the whims of a few people', you didn't play MW2 seriously. I played it with friends *only* and there were still nights where I'd get tired of the bullshit.
I put in around 13/14 days on MW2, so I think I've got some experience with the game. To this day I don't feel there is a single perk or gun that is overpowered. Are knife runners annoying? Sometimes. Are quick scopers annoying? Sometimes. Are OneManArmy users annoying? Sometimes. Are noob tubers annoying? Sometimes.

But at the end of the day I don't believe any of those things are unbalanced, because I've never seen any one setup dominate the game consistently. I've personally found success using lots of different setups, but to this day I still don't feel there is one way to play the game, and I think that is because it's quite balanced.

I think quite often people think that if it annoys me, or this guy does really well with that setup, it must be because it's not balanced. I don't think that way. I think IW made the game that way, and they wanted there to be many ways to play that game. Believe it or not, I say this as someone who always plays the game as a straight up assault rifle/sub machine gun guy. I've actually never used any of the things I just mentioned, but I still feel they're valid ways to play this game.

Victrix said:
If you think OMA toobing your way to a chopper gunner in Dom is fair and balanced, more power to you
That may work some of the time, but I don't think it happens all the time. Thus, it's not unbalanced.

FYI, I'm glad OMA isn't in MW3, but not because I think it's unbalanced. I just always felt it was a silly idea for a perk.

Aggrotek

BruiserBear said:
I put in around 13/14 days on MW2, so I think I've got some experience with the game. To this day I don't feel there is a single perk or gun that is overpowered. Are knife runners annoying? Sometimes. Are quick scopers annoying? Sometimes. Are OneManArmy users annoying? Sometimes. Are noob tubers annoying? Sometimes.

But at the end of the day I don't believe any of those things are unbalanced, because I've never seen any one setup dominate the game consistently. I've personally found success using lots of different setups, but to this day I still don't feel there is one way to play the game, and I think that is because it's quite balanced.

I think quite often people think that if it annoys me, or this guy does really well with that setup, it must be because it's not balanced. I don't think that way. I think IW made the game that way, and they wanted there to be many ways to play that game. Believe it or not, I say this as someone who always plays the game as a straight up assault rifle/sub machine gun guy. I've actually never used any of the things I just mentioned, but I still feel they're valid ways to play this game.

I think Stopping Power should have been removed a long time ago. In MW2 if you use anything but Stopping Power in Core, you get screwed. It takes away from the perk slot by pretty much forcing players to use it.

I think in general weapon damage and player movement speed should remain constant.

BruiserBear said:
That may work some of the time, but I don't think it happens all the time. Thus, it's not unbalanced.

FYI, I'm glad OMA isn't in MW3, but not because I think it's unbalanced. Just because I always felt it was a silly perk.

come on my dude, it was unbalanced, there was no way to counter a noobtube in the game and God forbid you where playing dom and 4 guys are literally tubing from across the map at your spawn point(say from A to C), so you basically couldn't get out of your spawns since they timed it right

Aggrotek said:
I think Stopping Power should have been removed a long time ago. In MW2 if you use anything but Stopping Power in Core, you get screwed. It takes away from the perk slot by pretty much forcing players to use it.

I think in general weapon damage and player movement speed should remain constant.
Right, like Assassin is going to rule this game. Stopping Power wasn't that much a problem, the popularity of the Marathon+LightWeight+Commando class in the game can attest to that.

BruiserBear said:

FYI, I'm glad OMA isn't in MW3, but not because I think it's unbalanced. Just because I always felt it was a silly perk.
That is a shit argument. Just because there are plenty of people who choose not to play the game like assholes does not make the game balanced. It's a credit to the COD player base that there are still people playing with AR/SMGs, because if you want to do exceptionally well in the game, or destroy the opposing team even harder - the OMA/DangerClose classes are the best route.

madmaxx350 said:
come on my dude, it was unbalanced, there was no way to counter a noobtube in the game and God forbid you where playing dom and 4 guys are literally tubing from across the map at your spawn point(say from A to C), so you basically couldn't get your spawns since they timed it right.
Well, in all fairness I'm mostly a Deathmatch guy, so that might help explain some of my opinons on the game.

BruiserBear said:
Well, in all fairness I'm mostly a Deathmatch guy, so that might help explain some of my opinons on the game.

Yea it doesn't happen as much in TDM but still there really was no counter to the OMA+Noobtube class, unless your team is good and they kill the guy.

MrCompletely said:
Hmm... looks like it could just as well be a map in MW2

Is that a good thing or a bad thing ?

This map looks to be a very good one to play DOM on though I dunno about TDM.

Victrix

*beard*
BruiserBear said:

Wait, you freely admit you've never even _used_ the shit we're talking about and you go on about how it's clearly intentional and fine?

Noob tubes in Dom were straight up broken _without_ OMA because of their lack of trajectory wobble. Why is this bad?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjZMa7PRojI#t=1m37s

That took me about 15s to look up on youtube. I've played complete lockout matches on Dom because of OMA tubing. Every map has static points where you can simply mortar A/B/C endlessly. Endless explosives ruins HQ, and makes Demo miserable.

I'm not sure why I'm wasting my time responding, you're trolling your ass off ( ̄ー ̄)

Aggrotek

madmaxx350 said:
Right, like Assassin is going to rule this game. Stopping Power wasn't that much a problem, the popularity of the Marathon+LightWeight+Commando class in the game can attest to that.

That was an issue as well.
Assassin is basically cold blooded. At least this time around you don't have to sacrifice bullet damage for anything else. I just have a feeling (when it comes to Tier 2 perks) we might see a bit more deviation. I could be wrong. Just my opinion.

madmaxx350 said:
Yea it doesn't happen as much in TDM but still there really was no counter to the OMA+Noobtube class, unless your team is good and they kill the guy.
Well, like I say, I rarely recall seeing someone dominate team Deathmatch with that class. Seriously.

Also, I know it's hard to believe but I've never used the class, but down OMA take like 8 seconds to switch classes? Because I always felt that was a pretty big weakness. You're vulnerable that entire time. I think that was the trade off.

Geoff9920

BruiserBear said:
Well, like I say, I rarely recall seeing someone dominate team Deathmatch with that class. Seriously.

Also, I know it's hard to believe but I've never used the class, but down OMA take like 8 seconds to switch classes? Because I always felt that was a pretty big weakness. You're vulnerable that entire time. I think that was the trade off.
You see, it's never just one person. When someone starts the OMA BS several people on both teams will always join in / retaliate and suddenly what was a decent match goes to complete shit. One person may vulnerable, but several people tubing were a huge PITA.

Top Bottom