• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Victrix said:
Wait, you freely admit you've never even _used_ the shit we're talking about and you go on about how it's clearly intentional and fine?

Noob tubes in Dom were straight up broken _without_ OMA because of their lack of trajectory wobble. Why is this bad?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjZMa7PRojI#t=1m37s

That took me about 15s to look up on youtube. I've played complete lockout matches on Dom because of OMA tubing. Every map has static points where you can simply mortar A/B/C endlessly. Endless explosives ruins HQ, and makes Demo miserable.

I'm not sure why I'm wasting my time responding, you're trolling your ass off ( ̄ー ̄)
Well, I would argue it's the game mode that is more broken than anything. That's exactly why I mostly stick to Deathmatch.

BruiserBear said:
Well, like I say, I rarely recall seeing someone dominate team Deathmatch with that class. Seriously.

Also, I know it's hard to believe but I've never used the class, but down OMA take like 8 seconds to switch classes? Because I always felt that was a pretty big weakness. You're vulnerable that entire time. I think that was the trade off.

OMA pro doesn't.

Aggrotek said:
That was an issue as well.
Assassin is basically cold blooded. At least this time around you don't have to sacrifice bullet damage for anything else. I just have a feeling (when it comes to Tier 2 perks) we might see a bit more deviation. I could be wrong. Just my opinion.

No, I don't think you are wrong, I'm on the other side of the fence since I believe that a dude with Assassin shouldn't have the same amount of ammo damage as I do since I can't see him on my mini map and that already means he has an advantage on me (of course sitrep pro changes all that)

Aggrotek

BruiserBear said:
Well, I would argue it's the game mode that is more broken than anything. That's exactly why I mostly stick to Deathmatch.
How is that video the gametype's fault?

madmaxx350 said:
No, I don't think you are wrong, I'm on the other side of the fence since I believe that a dude with Assassin shouldn't have the same amount of ammo damage as I do since I can't see him on my mini map and that already means he has an advantage on me (of course sitrep pro changes all that)
It does have a lot going for it. But at least with the Recon perk you can paint them on the minimap with shots.

So I haven't really been paying attention to this game, but now I think I'm going to get it (same story every year). Anyway, I'm wondering what the deal is with the Hardened Edition? They don't seem to be in stock at Amazon. I remember there being a shitload of them for Black Ops. Will it be the same way with MW3, or should I pre-order one? Can I even pre-order one at this point?

Victrix

*beard*
Baller said:
So I haven't really been paying attention to this game, but now I think I'm going to get it (same story every year). Anyway, I'm wondering what the deal is with the Hardened Edition? They don't seem to be in stock at Amazon. I remember there being a shitload of them for Black Ops. Will it be the same way with MW3, or should I pre-order one? Can I even pre-order one at this point?

You cannot

However the only functional difference between Hardened and regular + Elite is $10 and an art book. Or a steelbook or whatever if that's your thing I guess.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Baller said:

you can't pre-order any as of now, you may get lucky and find one in best Buy on launch day.

amazon may restock after release

Victrix said:
You cannot

However the only functional difference between Hardened and regular + Elite is $10 and an art book. Or a steelbook or whatever if that's your thing I guess.

I'm getting hardened because it comes with elite since I probably woulnd't have bought all the map packs since I seriously hate having to pay 14.99 for those, 9.99 maybe but 15?

Aggrotek

BruiserBear said:
Well, you don't have static gathering points in Deathmatch, do you?

Regardless. It's the OMA that breaks the game type not the game type breaking OMA. Domination was around before OMA and it did perfectly fine.

madmaxx350 said:
Yea it doesn't happen as much in TDM but still there really was no counter to the OMA+Noobtube class, unless your team is good and they kill the guy.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing ?

This map looks to be a very good one to play DOM on though I dunno about TDM.
More an observation. I'm just waiting for the cod3->4 jump; this is the 5th game now that is really just a change up in maps and perks

zlatko

Banned
sdornan said:
That sucks. Guess I'm cancelling my preorder until I see some reviews.

You can use this thread as a MUCH better resource on if you want to buy the game or not rather than noobies with articulation having thesaurus wars to sell you on the game.

Several people here have it and there's plenty of youtube videos as well as some streams to take a peek at to come to a conclusion. :)

sdornan

zlatko said:
You can use this thread as a MUCH better resource on if you want to buy the game or not rather than noobies with articulation having thesaurus wars to sell you on the game.

Several people here have it and there's plenty of youtube videos as well as some streams to take a peek at to come to a conclusion. :)
In that case, what's the consensus on the single player? I might play multiplayer a little, but I'm mostly burned out on it.

sdornan said:
In that case, what's the consensus on the single player? I might play multiplayer a little, but I'm mostly burned out on it.
I don't have the game, but I'm going to guess it'll be like all the others. I wouldn't pay $60 just for the single player.

zlatko

Banned
sdornan said:

As far as SP goes what I've read here is that it's of a better quality than MW2, but it does suffer from some part in it being a questionable and shittier "No Russian" type of shock value level.

Someone else can fill in more blanks. What specifically would you like to know about it? :)

sdornan

zlatko said:
As far as SP goes what I've read here is that it's of a better quality than MW2, but it does suffer from some part in it being a questionable and shittier "No Russian" type of shock value level.

Someone else can fill in more blanks. What specifically would you like to know about it? :)
Basically whether it offers an experience akin to COD4 - not that I'm expecting it to best that game in any way - or if it's more in the vein of COD:BO's generic campaign.

zlatko

Banned
sdornan said:
Basically whether it offers an experience akin to COD4 - not expecting it to be better - or if it's more in the vein of COD:BO's generic campaign.

It has Price. No way it could be shittier than BO's campaign with him in it.

Mayyhem

After reaching level 38, I think I like this game more than MW2. Its definitely CoD but it has enough little gameplay tweaks and changes to make it a fresh experience.

Quick point: The air support (hind, pavelow, cobra) feel like they stay in the air considerably longer than MW2. Could be just me though.

Mengetsu

Anyone planing on renewing their XBL Gold before this comes out? I would like to abuse the Xbox Live Rewards this month with it's deal for every person you recommend to go from XBL Free to Gold you get 100 MS Points. I was actually thinking of making a thread for Xbox Live Rewards.

http://rewards.xbox.com/refer-a-friend/

Mayyhem

oh also, the gun damage IS upped quite a bit in this game, but its oddly suiting. There has been very little times where I've been frustrated because of this. But on the other hand, my Type-95 does sort of get one-burst kills semi-often :p

Card Boy

Banned
Mayyhem said:
oh also, the gun damage IS upped quite a bit in this game, but its oddly suiting. There has been very little times where I've been frustrated because of this. But on the other hand, my Type-95 does sort of get one-burst kills semi-often :p

Its to make up for no Stopping Power i believe.

StalkerUKCG said:
Starting my MW1 and MW2 replay now just finished the boat at the start of MW1. X4's make this campaign really immersive. Should get more recognition that it does.

What the Hell kinda name is soap

And Finished. Forgot so many of the awesome parts. MW2 when i wake then MW3.

zlatko

Banned
Matts Legacy said:
Anyone planing on renewing their XBL Gold before this comes out? I would like to abuse the Xbox Live Rewards this month with it's deal for every person you recommend to go from XBL Free to Gold you get 100 MS Points. I was actually thinking of making a thread for Xbox Live Rewards.

http://rewards.xbox.com/refer-a-friend/

You should make the thread. You would get some serious mileage I think especially with a CoD right on the horizon. :)

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
I just logged inn on my us west vpn and my korean vpn.

US: 1day 20hours

Korea: 21 hours

Norway: 1day 8hours

Anyone know if its timezone or region specific? Aka new zealand is first?

Teknoman

Call of duty.com is killing me. I finally get my email/password working again, link my 360 tag, and then the email they send is for "Transformers". Now the same problem is happening again...log in with my email and password, then it just takes me to the register screen.

Mayyhem said:
After reaching level 38, I think I like this game more than MW2. Its definitely CoD but it has enough little gameplay tweaks and changes to make it a fresh experience.

Where would you rank the multiplayer maps in comparison to previous duties?

Teknoman said:
Call of duty.com is killing me. I finally get my email/password working again, link my 360 tag, and then the email they send is for "Transformers". Now the same problem is happening again...log in with my email and password, then it just takes me to the register screen.
Yeah, the website is a clusterfuck at the moment. I was finally just today able to login to the account I used for the Elite beta. They have to have this thing working in a little under 24 hours. I predict the whole site being completely fucked at launch.

Flunkie

Banned
Teknoman said:
Yeah it's screwy for me too. I try to view my profile and it takes me to the Activision Forum section and it says I can't be found.

wat

Mayyhem said:
I know, but these guns without stopping power (in MW3) are stronger then guns with stopping power in MW2.
Have you tested this? It strikes me as unlikely. Most of the guns in Black Ops had similar damage figures to their rough MW2 counterparts but they lacked stopping power. The paradigm was typically "stopping power = 1 less bullet required to kill". It made guns like the SCAR, AK47 and TAR kill in 2 hits at close range (3 without SP), 3 hits at long (4 without SP). Guns like the M4 and ACR killed in 3 hits at close range (4 without SP) and 4 hits at long range (5 without SP). The fully automatic weapons took anywhere from 3-5 hits to kill in BO (except for the Skorpion at extremely close ranges).

MrDaravon

Yeah, callofduty.com is completely fucked right now, I keep getting stuck in these weird loops. I had an existing account on the site from a while back; when I first logged in it made me set up some security questions, then it takes me straight to signing up for free Elite. I can get through the process, then it sends me the account verification email; I can click on the link and I thanks me for registering, then when I click continue it takes me back to register for Elite again. I can access my profile page which is all there and my gamertag is linked. But accessing any other page on callofduty.com first takes me to a page that makes me select a security question/answer (again), then goes right back into the Elite registration process. This thing is kind of fucked, I can't see how this is going to be running properly in 24 hours.

Top Bottom