• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

nomis

Mayyhem said:
I know, but these guns without stopping power (in MW3) are stronger then guns with stopping power in MW2.

So fully auto assault rifles are 1-2 bullet kills in the chest? No? Then no they aren't.

nomis

Spy said:
What does GAF think of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axi1qesdhqg

Sometimes I need a bit of craziness after playing Battlefield 3.

Some quick-scope haters would have you believe that LULZ THATS 100% AUTO-AIM except they forget that all guns have auto aim. That guy is just really good at sniping. The hipfire headshot he got WAS a bit lucky, but he increased his chances by having steady aim on.

Mengetsu

zlatko said:
You should make the thread. You would get some serious mileage I think especially with a CoD right on the horizon. :)

I just PM'ed a mod to see if it was ok if so it will be up shortly. Also in 25 minutes we will be 24 hours away!

zlatko

Banned
Matts Legacy said:
I just PM'ed a mod to see if it was ok if so it will be up shortly. Also in 25 minutes we will be 24 hours away!

Dat Squirtle Swag. :p

I'll be getting my copy around 10AM Tuesday. I was smart and put a bit of a backlog on TV shows for me to watch tomorrow to help eat up a ton of time. :)

Matts Legacy said:

I was listening to hip hop in the background when i saw this image. Cue me nearly busting a gut. hahahahaha

Mengetsu

zlatko said:
Dat Squirtle Swag. :p

I'll be getting my copy around 10AM Tuesday. I was smart and put a bit of a backlog on TV shows for me to watch tomorrow to help eat up a ton of time. :)

Cool. I won't be able to play till Tuesday morning myself but it will be worth the wait!

Edit:
TacticalFox88 said:
I was listening to hip hop in the background when i saw this image. Cue me nearly busting a gut. hahahahaha

My job is complete for the night lol

Xamdou

Did anyone order from bestbuy.com and choose in-store pickup? If yes, did you get an email yet stating your mw3 hardened edition is ready for pickup midnight Tuesday?

The_Player said:
My. God. This is just MW2.5. Sounds, Voice, Models, Animation, UI - everything came unchanged directly from previous MW games. It looks pathetic.

All of the weapon sounds are new and improved

Announcer VO is all new

Returning gun models have been touched up

UI concerning killstreaks is drastically different

And really, why fix what isn't broken.

zlatko

Banned
The Xtortionist said:

Announcer VO is all new

Gun models have been touched up

That's total bull shit and you know it. If there is one complaint from the footage we've seen thus far that we should be agreeing on together is that the audio for guns is utter dog shit in this game compared to past CoD's.

90% of the guns seem to have the same audio being used AKA let's throw a ton of metal into a garbage disposal.

zlatko said:
That's total bull shit and you know it. If there is one complaint from the footage we've seen thus far that we should be agreeing on together is that the audio for guns is utter dog shit in this game compared to past CoD's.

90% of the guns seem to have the same audio being used AKA let's throw a ton of metal into a garbage disposal.

MW2 guns sounded weak lol. MW3's sound a lot stronger.

zlatko

Banned
The Xtortionist said:
MW2 guns sounded weak lol. MW3's sound a lot stronger.

So you are fine with practically every gun in this game sounding just like the MW2 M4?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHzaurcpmIs

Type 95 is the most unique sounding one of the bunch. The rest just meld together.

I should also add that you are right that SOME guns do sound stronger, and in the case of the Sniper Rifles the audio is much better, but the Assault rifles leave a lot to be desired.

M.W.

The_Player said:
My. God. This is just MW2.5. Sounds, Voice, Models, Animation, UI - everything came unchanged directly from previous MW games. It looks pathetic.

Not really.

So guys, I'm one of those extreme few who bought COD games not for the mp, but for the single player. How does this one hold up? Is it worth the 60 bucks?

Mayyhem

krameriffic said:
Have you tested this? It strikes me as unlikely. Most of the guns in Black Ops had similar damage figures to their rough MW2 counterparts but they lacked stopping power. The paradigm was typically "stopping power = 1 less bullet required to kill". It made guns like the SCAR, AK47 and TAR kill in 2 hits at close range (3 without SP), 3 hits at long (4 without SP). Guns like the M4 and ACR killed in 3 hits at close range (4 without SP) and 4 hits at long range (5 without SP). The fully automatic weapons took anywhere from 3-5 hits to kill in BO (except for the Skorpion at extremely close ranges).
Haven't "tested" it per say but I played MW2 for a few days before I got this game, and I use stopping power in every class. I'm comparing the burst guns right now because the Type-95 is the gun I've used the most by far. I kill much quicker with the Type-95 then I did with the Famas + Stopping power, and the gun very similar in every comparable way. I get one-burst kills with the Type-95 80% of the time I shoot it at someone. Very seldom do I have to burst more than once to kill someone.

The Xtortionist said:

Announcer VO is all new

Running animation is not even the same, character models are also different.

Anyone here attend CoD XP and get their free copy of the game yet? A buddy of mine at ATVI says they should be arriving soon. I'm still waiting for mine, but figured I'd ping folks here to see if anyone got it yet.

The Xtortionist said:
All of the weapon sounds are new and improved I hear the old sounds on almost every video

Announcer VO is all new "С нами Бог", killstreaks announce, etc. came unchanged from MW2

Gun models have been touched up Well, that's right.

UI concerning killstreaks is drastically different Look at the HUD - it is fucking the same!

The game is broken on lots of things, tbh. Looks like they just moved files from the folder mw2 to folder mw3 without even touching'em. I don't know what is it, laziness or lack of funds, but the result (at least what I can see on the videos) is very deplorable.

The Xtortionist said:

Announcer VO is all new

That list seems like a good $15 dlc pack

kuYuri

Xamdou said:
Did anyone order from bestbuy.com and choose in-store pickup? If yes, did you get an email yet stating your mw3 hardened edition is ready for pickup midnight Tuesday?

So far, not yet.

Meier

Pretty disappointed with Amazon's pre-order bonus. No Kmart within 75 miles of me.. anyone know what retailer other than them is giving anything worthwhile? :(

Looks like BestBuy.com has the same deal. Lame. Really disappointed with Amazon on this one.

zlatko said:
So you are fine with practically every gun in this game sounding just like the MW2 M4?

Type 95 is the most unique sounding one of the bunch. The rest just meld together.

I should also add that you are right that SOME guns do sound stronger, and in the case of the Sniper Rifles the audio is much better, but the Assault rifles leave a lot to be desired.

I can tell a difference. M16 was higher-pitched than the M4, SCAR-L was lower, CM901 was a bit lower in bass, Type 95 was obviously different, ACR has the most bass, AK47 was way different, FAD was probably the weakest. The G36C was strikingly close to the M4, however.

gdt

I haven't played any COD mp in so long, watching some of these videos, it literally astounds me how low the health is.

Touch

zlatko said:

I'll agree with you. A lot of the weapons sound the same. Some of the SMG even sound like the M4. I'm no weapons expert though, so I have no idea what they are suppose to sound like.

I don't really consider it a big deal for COD. Since you die instantly by any gun in the game. In CS, however, it's very important. You need to listen and figure out what your going to be up against. There is a different strategy for taking on a P90 than an M4.

Well, I this actually may be a problem with the UMP and various AR's. If I think the enemy has a M4, I might rush in. To find out he has a MP5/UMP? I'm most likely dead.

I think this post makes since. May have flip flopped the argument but oh well.

zam

Hoping that IW took one of the good things from Blops in that you could hear the enemy's chatter (e.g "Reloading!" "Planting Claymore!" etc). You couldn't in MW2 (as far as I know) and it ws a great early warning for when the enemy was approaching or trying to flank.

Top Bottom