• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

jadedm17

zlatko said:
So you are fine with practically every gun in this game sounding just like the MW2 M4?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHzaurcpmIs

Type 95 is the most unique sounding one of the bunch. The rest just meld together.

I should also add that you are right that SOME guns do sound stronger, and in the case of the Sniper Rifles the audio is much better, but the Assault rifles leave a lot to be desired.
I'm actually wondering - and sorry if this has been asked but I haven't seen it - why all of the guns have a big circle on the iron sights? The Scar in MW2 didnt have that, whats the point of obstructing more view? Making the iron sights less useful?

nomis

madmaxx350 said:
Running animation is not even the same, character models are also different.

Yeah, stuff like the running animations have been changed for the first time since CoD4, and people are still calling this an "expansion pack"? Give me a fucking break. Killstreaks get changed to pointstreaks, but OOOOOHHH MAN they found a couple reload animations that are the same, Sledgehammer must have just copy/pasted the entire thing...

kuYuri

I noticed that the old running animation is only used for when running with SMGs, otherwise, it's all different animations for ARs, LMGs, Snipers, and Shotties.

zlatko

Banned
omnomis said:
Yeah, stuff like the running animations have been changed for the first time since CoD4, and people are still calling this an "expansion pack"? Give me a fucking break. Killstreaks get changed to pointstreaks, but OOOOOHHH MAN they found a couple reload animations that are the same, Sledgehammer must have just copy/pasted the entire thing...

Just ignore the the expansion pack comments. This games on disc content is packed to the brim. SP campaign, tons of new spec ops, and a helluva lot of tweaks to the MP that would take too long to list to try and catch everything while still keeping that core CoD gameplay millions of people love.

This game is worth $60.00 through and through if you are a fan of the CoD MP formula. The only thing that's up in the air is if after the first few weeks it will have the longevity and fun of CoD4 for the majority of the playerbase, or if it will become a hot mess like MW2.

By the "this is the same shit!" logic, pretty much every sequel should be getting similar complaints, yet no one says a goddamn thing. People need to let the hatred of the franchise go and move on and let the rest of us who enjoy it, ENJOY IT. Not to say that there aren't valid criticisms, but when most of them boil down "ZOMG! SAME SHIT!" it gets annoying.

Brian Fellows said:
You'd think Kill Confirmed would have some sort of stat for dogtags collected since that is sort of the whole point of the game. But it doesn't.

i thought that the confirmed kills were the killcounts? or is it just for xp?

So i could be first even if i don't confirm any kill?

Americanmushroom said:

Im pretty sure it only records the kill if you get the tag. might be wrong though

Delightful Oonsk said:
For anyone who used to play CoD2, Decerto is a fun frag vid too, complete with the excessive editing of its time. Sniper was godly in CoD2. I used to watch this so much to get hyped up for scrims and such. Miss those days.
Old cod and cod2 frag vids :(

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Americanmushroom said:

I got confused. The in game scoreboard doesn't show confirms or denies. The Lobby leaderboard does.

And no you get credit for a kill either with or without the tag.

rekameohs

Banned
zlatko said:
So you are fine with practically every gun in this game sounding just like the MW2 M4?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHzaurcpmIs

Type 95 is the most unique sounding one of the bunch. The rest just meld together.

I should also add that you are right that SOME guns do sound stronger, and in the case of the Sniper Rifles the audio is much better, but the Assault rifles leave a lot to be desired.

Aw, there's no reload animation as badass as the MW2 FAL one

Is there any chance of (customizable) weapon emblems being in MW3, like they were in Black Ops?
It was the one thing about Black Ops that I really liked.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Hoya Destroyer said:
Is there any chance of (customizable) weapon emblems being in MW3, like they were in Black Ops?
It was the one thing about Black Ops that I really liked.

No it uses the same playercard system as MW2.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Americanmushroom said:
Is the scar-L like the Scar-H from mw2 or are those completely different weapons?

Its a lighter version. Might just be me but it seems to have a slightly faster fire rate than the one in MW2.

madmaxx350 said:
No, I don't think you are wrong, I'm on the other side of the fence since I believe that a dude with Assassin shouldn't have the same amount of ammo damage as I do since I can't see him on my mini map and that already means he has an advantage on me (of course sitrep pro changes all that)

For S&D, that isn't going to matter as much as something like quick nade throw and faster ads, nade and explosive resistance, and hardline pro

Mayyhem

This game is awesome, feels so good killing people in it compared to MW2. They removed all the little annoyances that were in previous CoD games, and balanced this game properly. Im having a blast playing this.

Aside, I wish Canada had that mountain dew/doritos double exp promotion >.<. I want some Double exp time :(

demolitio

Americanmushroom said:
Is the scar-L like the Scar-H from mw2 or are those completely different weapons?
SCAR-L shoots a 5.56 round and the SCAR-H shoots a 7.62 so the "-L" and "-H" literally stand for light and heavy. It was a smart decision in real life for them to have different models for different purposes.

In terms of the guns ingame, expect the light version to do less damage but have a faster fire rate compared to the slow fire rate and heavier damage of the SCAR-H in MW2.

Im suprized so many retailers are selling MW3 so cheap, here in Australia.
New "A" games usually sell for $100. Most retailers Ive seen are selling MW3 for less than $80. Im not sure why retailers would compromize the price when EVERYONE is expected to buy this game anyway.
Is a nice suprize, but Im still a bit worried about the long term cost of the DLC.
The 16 included maps is good too (as it was in MW2). The limited number of maps that came with Gears 3, made the online stale too quickly IMO.

Mengetsu

Hoya Destroyer said:
New "A" games usually sell for $100. Most retailers Ive seen are selling MW3 for less than $80. Im not sure why retailers would compromize the price when EVERYONE is expected to buy this game anyway.
Is a nice suprize, but Im worried about the long term cost of the DLC.
The 16 included maps is good too (as it was in MW2). The limited number of maps that came with Gears 3, made the online stale too quickly IMO.

It should be standard to launch games like these with a minimal of 12 maps for MP. Gears made me a sad banana...Plus now everyone camps with the Sawed-off I liked gears cause it was fast paced even though 2 was meh. Even 1 with the snipers they even came out most of the time trying to blow your head off :(

hamchan

Hoya Destroyer said:
Is a nice suprize, but Im still a bit worried about the long term cost of the DLC.
They're doing it to get people into the store I guess. When MW2 came out two years ago Kmart also sold it for around $80.

Mayyhem

Liquidsnake said:
Yes. It's a shame there is not one place on any map you can snipe from.
Yeah, so far it seems the only map I've seen people actually be successful in sniping is Interchange, and even that's not that good of a sniping map

no angel

KoreanBarbecue said:
Anyone here attend CoD XP and get their free copy of the game yet? A buddy of mine at ATVI says they should be arriving soon. I'm still waiting for mine, but figured I'd ping folks here to see if anyone got it yet.
Not received mine yet, plus im in the uk which makes me even less inclined to believe I'll receive it launch day!

holdbrillanj said:
Games got reviewed before release date back in the day right?
You betcha. In fact, magazines would get final versions of games extremely early since there was about a month period between press time and hitting the bookshelves. Since there was no Internet back then, publishers didn't have to worry about leaks and such.

Touch

eemijun said:
Still can't decide if I should keep my hardened edition pre-ordered. I need some advice.
I have the Hardened Edition pre-ordered and I'm not even going to be able to get it. Had to downgrade to standard edition because some company decided to hog all the Hardened Edition and basically fuck over my local Play N Trade. Cancelling would be pointless because every single place in my city is sold out on pre-orders. My only chance to get the Hardened would be to hope someone doesn't come to claim there at Wal0Mart or something.

Advice, just keep it. It's well worth the money and if you cancel and change your mind... well good luck.

Top Bottom