• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Dreaver said:
Just as balanced? Are you serious? Model 1887 says hi!
Nade spam, chopper gunner, harriers, UMP .45, Commando and loads of other things made the game unbalanced.

And there are other things that made it a worse game as well in my opinion. (Deathstreaks can fuck off).

More options isn't always better. Call of Duty 4 had a few flaws but was almost perfect in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Modern Warfare 2. But it is/was NOT balanced.

There was balance issues with MW2 for sure, but to me the problem with MW2 was really just that it was so full of so much bullshit. The awful warping ninja commando knife bullshit, killstreak nonsense, shit constantly exploding everywhere, quickscoping, non server BS. Black Ops returned the game more to it's roots with lot of the bullshit removed, but it still just wasn't as good as COD4 for many reasons... like the awful netcode.

Yeah, the game did indeed creep up on me too, aswell as a lot of people. Are we seeing the first cast-iron signs of COD fatigue?

Guess we won't know until the sales figures get released...

Ningo

Wow i've had to download this 3 times now.

I downloaded the installer from amazon but because the activation servers aren't up it just applied the code to my account. So when I try to install it again it says I already have used the code and so can't progress the installer.

I then pre loaded via steam and once finished I clicked on the multiplayer pre load button and because steam splits the game between the two it starts pre loading again and deletes the pre load I already had.

Just as well I have plenty of cap left and won't be playing it till after my exams which begin wed morning. But what a mess.

GlamFM

Banned
IonicSnake said:
Playing the PS3 version and it runs great. Much better than Black Ops and so far the game feels more like MW1 than MW2.

Oh come on.

How is this more like COD4 than MW2?

Xater

IonicSnake said:
Playing the PS3 version and it runs great. Much better than Black Ops and so far the game feels more like MW1 than MW2.

That makes me happy. BLOPS was terrible on PS3.

Also no shop around here is selling it earlier. That is so rare. Looks like I really have to wait for tomorrow.

soultron

Banned
IonicSnake said:
Quit playing games with my heart. If this game is more COD4 than MW2, I'm on board.

SteveWD40

Part of me thinks I may just get COD4 instead (had it on 360, not got on PC) despite being able to get it for free with MW3.

Not sure if I can be arsed with what the game is now, and the guns are just getting a bit sci-fi as well.

LowParry

soultron said:
Quit playing games with my heart. If this game is more COD4 than MW2, I'm on board.

I've been reading from other impressions that it is much like COD4. Which I'm very stoked about.

aku:jiki

SteveWD40 said:
Part of me thinks I may just get COD4 instead (had it on 360, not got on PC) despite being able to get it for free with MW3.

Not sure if I can be arsed with what the game is now, and the guns are just getting a bit sci-fi as well.
People floating around in the air and/or shooting you from beneath the ground is quite a bit more annoying than air support.

(CoD4 and WaW have been hacked to shit for years.)

LowParry

SteveWD40 said:

So you like hacked games eh? And where exactly are you getting the sci-fi vibe from guns? They're pretty spot on from today's weapons.

soultron

Banned
aku:jiki said:
People floating around in the air and/or shooting you from beneath the ground is quite a bit more annoying than air support.

(CoD4 and WaW have been hacked to shit for years.)
I played COD4 on PS3 for several hours yesterday and, aside from an external zombie mod (which was actually fun), I didn't experience any hacking. It was nice.

Radec

GAF | PSN

Global: MW3NeoGAF

TacticalFox88 | NightBlade88
Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
The Last Wizard | Nighthawk17
SarcasticD | DMasta718
Audίoboxer | Audioboxer
MercuryLS | MLS3
Marda | Faeirea
lowemark | lowemark
MDavis360 | MDavis360
Angry Fork | napkin
AwesomeSauce | madvillen
btothekw | btothekw
samus4ever | DrakesMistake
Adamska23 | adamska23
gray_fox224 | riceman224
eroots | eroots
Flunkie44 | Flunkie44
Live Free or Die | AmericanNinja1

Just add up and add gaffers.

CcrooK said:
So you like hacked games eh? And where exactly are you getting the sci-fi vibe from guns? They're pretty spot on from today's weapons.

They look like modern weapons, but they don't fire/act like actual real weapons. Tossing in various perks and upgrades and the weapons handle even less realistic.

LowParry

BattleMonkey said:
They look like modern weapons, but they don't fire/act like actual real weapons. Tossing in various perks and upgrades and the weapons handle even less realistic.

That's true. I figure people get the sci-fi look from the heartbeat sensors.

soultron

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
The weapons in COD have never handled terribly realistically, this is not news.

def sim

Modern Warfare has never been realistic. This might as well be Quake with a realistic skin pack. It's fun all the same.

soultron said:
The weapons in COD have never handled terribly realistically, this is not news.

In earlier COD's before 4 they actually did pretty well and in some cases had some nice realistic touches on the weapons unique quirks. As the one person said, to him it started to feel sci fi which I think probably comes from the various high tech attachments and perks along with the general way the game series has gone where they become less realistic.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Got it. Midnight launch, probably about 80 or so people there between the 2 game shops. Couple of dudes dressed up, one was an army dude and the other literally had a towel on his head.

Time to shoot some nubs in the face.

Edit: 1.02 patch straight up for PS3. 20mb.

Kyoufu said:
Probably because he isn't getting cheesed by Commando every game.

And I haven't been killed by a bunch of noobtubes either, but as I said, so far it feels more like MW1 than MW2. If there are stuff to exploit that ruins the game I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Cornbread78

After a weekend of playing BF3, how come I think I'm going to enjoy playing this mindless shooter much much more? Why why why? I just hope the party lobies are stable enough to keep a party together instead of constant party dumps and migration errors....

Ordered this for cheap today :D Unfortunately I won't be able to play until Friday night when I'm done with my uni assignments, but oh well.

Friday night = SP, maybe some MP.
Rest of weekend = All MP baby.

Can't wait.

def sim

You dudes that are playing or have played already, is the SPAS as awesome as it is in MW2? Will the SPAS church be re-opening?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Foliorum Viridum said:
Ordered this for cheap today :D Unfortunately I won't be able to play until Friday night when I'm done with my uni assignments, but oh well.

Friday night = SP, maybe some MP.
Rest of weekend = All MP baby.

Can't wait.

Single player is what you do when your nets down.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Single player is what you do when your nets down.
Nope. Always hit SP first in COD games, sir!

I want to see how it is compared to the "true" IW games. I have my doubts but I'm also still excited. Friday seems very far away!

Top Bottom