• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Still haven't seen it confirmed anywhere, anyone know if MOAB is in all modes or just private match? Fucking retarded if they brought that crap to ranked games.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Stupid question, but will there be any Steam sales of the previous COD games? I got COD4 from the summer sale, and I'm waiting for World at War, MW2 and Black Ops to go on sale before completing my collection.

Hyunkel6

I was obviously kidding, but I do think Pres is the most entertaining cod commentator. His rants and videos are hilarious. On topic, I liked Wings of Redemption's videos back in the MW2 days. His gameplay may be a bit on the boring side, but he was very insightful about map layouts, weapons, etc. Not sure how his channel turned out after MW2 though as I did not play Blops a lot.

Touch

Bumblebeetuna said:
Still haven't seen it confirmed anywhere, anyone know if MOAB is in all modes or just private match? Fucking retarded if they brought that crap to ranked games.
I'm fine with it since it doesn't end/win the game.

Madtown_

Bumblebeetuna said:
It's in ranked games, but it's still a 24/25 kill streak with your gun. Not easy, not common.

test_account said:
The PS3 version is really smooth online, even in Ground War (9 vs 9 players).
Awesome news! Apparently what was left at IW was still good enough to make a relatively equal cross-platform game.

Touch said:
I'm fine with it since it doesn't end/win the game.

No but it's just going to result in boosting/more camping/ignoring objectives. Makes absolutely no sense to put it anywhere near ranked games. But then again they seem to have made quick scoping even more effective.

Miggytronz

Hyunkel6 said:
I was obviously kidding, but I do think Pres is the most entertaining cod commentator. His rants and videos are hilarious. On topic, I liked Wings of Redemption's videos back in the MW2 days. His gameplay may be a bit on the boring side, but he was very insightful about map layouts, weapons, etc. Not sure how his channel turned out after MW2 though as I did not play Blops a lot.

If you want a more grounded commentary that you can take seriously, WoR is the guy. He still does commentaries for all FPS pretty much.

PARIS -- In a heist worthy of any video game, brazen French bandits stole more than $1 million worth of copies of the new blockbuster first-person shooter "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3," newspaper Le Parisien reported.

Two trucks containing thousands of copies of the game -- due to hit stores Tuesday -- were hijacked within an hour of each other Saturday morning in the suburbs of the French capital, with the value of the loot estimated at €780,000, or a little over $1 million.

In the first incident, the attackers hit a truck carrying the games with a vehicle, forcing the delivery drivers to stop and inspect the damage. They were confronted with two men wearing ski masks and armed with knives, who threw tear gas and made off with the truck.

An hour later, a truck carrying another consignment came across a vehicle blocking the road. When it stopped, three armed men jumped out, and one of them pointed a handgun at the driver, forcing him to abandon t

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/gamer...worth_of_ySs7JWjNuwzl87s81IyFoL#ixzz1d2FwZccM

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/gamer...d2BirQOX#sf_service_src_facebook_134486075205

Lulz

Mikasangelos said:
If you want a more grounded commentary that you can take seriously, WoR is the guy. He still does commentaries for all FPS pretty much.

I cannot fathom labelling WoR 'grounded' after his meltdown documented on YouTube, culminating in his breaking of a controller and pleading for the tape to be buried...

Touch

Bumblebeetuna said:
No but it's just going to result in boosting/more camping/ignoring objectives. Makes absolutely no sense to put it anywhere near ranked games. But then again they seem to have made quick scoping even more effective.
I don't see a point in boosting for it. I'm sure people will do it but after while they find out it's basically a complete waste of time, I think it won't be a problem.

Kermit The Dog said:
I cannot fathom labelling WoR 'grounded' after his meltdown documented on YouTube, culminating in his breaking of a controller and pleading for the tape to be buried...

Documented? Link? Sounds interesting, lol.

snack

Bumblebeetuna said:
It doesn't end a match like the nuke and kill everyone in the game. It just kills all enemies. What's so bad about it?

Hanmik

the danish site gamereactor.dk just answered a question about the review..

Jeg ved faktisk ikke meget om formatet, da Activision var ret strikse og kun tillod anmeldere at spille under låste døre. Dvs. vi fik tre dage med spillet, og sendte vores svenske kollega (ham der også skrev besøgsartiklen) på vegne af norden.

translated:

I do not really know much about what format they played the game on, since Activision was quite strict and only allowed the reviewers to play under locked doors. That way we had three days with the game and sent our Swedish colleague (he also wrote the article about our visit to activision) on behalf of the north.

it seems strange to only allow playing games under strict conditions, when you are supposed to do a review..

The_Monk

There was a guy that always started his videos in the same way:

Hi, my name is "...?" (can't remember) and I make Call of Duty videos.

What was his name? He was good.

The_Monk said:
Yes! Thank you kind sir. I always liked the way he talked. Very easy to listen, good tips, good gameplay. Good chill out attitude.

Is he still around? Wonder if he will do anything similar in MW3.

Oh, he's still around. He works for Machinima; you'll pretty much only find his videos on the MachinimaRespawn channel.

The_Monk

divisionbyzorro said:
Oh, he's still around. He works for Machinima; you'll pretty much only find his videos on the MachinimaRespawn channel.

Thanks for answering. Good to know, always liked him.

Man, I can't believe the nostalgia I have from watching MW2 videos. There's nothing better for me than playing with some good old friends on a cold winter day.

Madtown_

Kermit The Dog said:
Enjoy.

He gets beaten and loses it.
Didn't watch the whole thing, as it looks extremely boring. But how is that a meltdown? He bitched when he was losing. Don't we all? Or am I missing the 'meltdown' part of the video?

Madtown_ said:
Didn't watch the whole thing, as it looks extremely boring. But how is that a meltdown? He bitched when he was losing. Don't we all? Or am I missing the 'meltdown' part of the video?

What about the bit where he destroys his controller and calls someone a faggot? And when the guy's being empathetic and says "We've all been there" he responds with a polite 'FUCK YOU!'.

That's pretty meltdowny.

JackEtc

I'll be enjoying Battlefield 3 as my multiplayer FPS this year, but am definitely going to play the singleplayer on PC, I want to know the conclusion to the story.

Anybody know when reviews drop?

Hanmik

JackEtc said:
I'll be enjoying Battlefield 3 as my multiplayer FPS this year, but am definitely going to play the singleplayer on PC, I want to know the conclusion to the story.

Anybody know when reviews drop?

tomorrow morning 08:00 UK time..

test_account

XP-39C²
The_Monk said:
Thanks, that's a good thing to read. I hope to be that way when the game releases to everyone.
Madtown_ said:
Awesome news! Apparently what was left at IW was still good enough to make a relatively equal cross-platform game.
I can add a small disclaimer and say that i havnt tried every map yet, so i cant say for sure if some maps are better or worse than others. But i have tried about 4 different maps in Ground War and i havnt noticed a single framerate drop :) I have noticed some small lags once in a while, but that might be due to the host, i dont think that it is game related at least, otherwise i think it would be constant lag.

The_Monk said:
Do Titles in here will unlock in the same way in MW2? Or you buy them? I loved those in MW2.
It is like in MW2, you have to complete challenges to unlock them. There are no currency in MW3 like it is in Black Ops. Everything in MW3 is unlocked through challenges and leveling up (as far from what i have seen so far at least).

I'm kinda glad there are no emblems in this one. It was cool seeing some creative designs in Black Ops but it got tiresome seeing swastikas in your face in every match.

Hanmik

test_account said:
I can add a small disclaimer and say that i havnt tried every map yet, so i cant say for sure if some maps are better or worse than others. But i have tried about 4 different maps in Ground War and i havnt noticed a single framerate drop :) I have noticed some small lags once in a while, but that might be due to the host, i dont think that it is game related at least, otherwise i think it would be constant lag.

does the constant shift of host have any effect on gameplay..? (or do hosts not change? )

Mik2121

-Pyromaniac- said:
I'm kinda glad there are no emblems in this one. It was cool seeing some creative designs in Black Ops but it got tiresome seeing swastikas in your face in every match.
Was gonna say... is there any sort of customization besides the weapons' camouflage?

PS_John

Neo Member
Madtown_ said:

After that match he then went on to offer Syndicate $3000 to play a rematch and let him win...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AfKYm5dZhs

The guys a joke - There was another video recently where he was claiming to be a 'Level 1 Xbox Administrator' and then threatened to ban someone in the lobby lol

Aggrotek

-Pyromaniac- said:

Also penises. The maturity of the community is quite obvious.

I hope there are a bit more to choose from this time around in the emblem/title department.

-Pyromaniac- said:

I only saw that a few times. The emblems I see in every match now are boobs or rabbits humping :-/

Hanmik

BackwardsSuggestions said:
So the suckers (i.e me) can buy it at midnight before the reviewers get then to change their mind,

don´t think the first reviews will be very harsh.. I read that Activision only allowed reviewers to test the game under locked doors, and they only had a limited playtime with the game.

Linkhero1

Can't wait to get my hands on this tomorrow. Who has the best youtube channel for MW3? I want to watch some multiplayer videos.

The_Monk

test_account said:
It is like in MW2, you have to complete challenges to unlock them. There are no currency in MW3 like it is in Black Ops. Everything in MW3 is unlocked through challenges and leveling up (as far from what i have seen so far at least).

Thanks for answering. It's the best and more fun method for me. :D

Linkhero1 said:
Can't wait to get my hands on this tomorrow. Who has the best youtube channel for MW3? I want to watch some multiplayer videos.

Ons1augh7 of course.

I'm not even buying MW3, but I'm looking forward to his RTC.

Top Bottom