• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

BowieZ

Banned
Tagged along to a midnight launch in Brisbane wit my bro; we're home now and I'm watching him meander through the shiny movie. It's okay.

The_Monk

Radec said:
I want to but BF3 needs more attention now. :D

I, for the first time decided to get 2 FPS's even if I have another couples of great games (UC3, Dark Souls,Forza4) to play.

That and getting this for 20€ was just too good to miss.

Is anyone with more games than time? Is life making you way more busy than It should? I need a hug!

madmackem said:
There best for bigger releases, keeps the ot from becoming a mess.
Eh, I see OTs a place to put reviews as well as discuss the game, but fair enough.

I hate dedicated review threads. It attracts people who either don't like the game and want to troll or people who think that anything under 9 = shit.

EYEL1NER

I've got to figure out a way to get to the store tomorrow morning. I think I've settled on "Immunizations for dependents are now available, so I will go get my wife and daughter a flu shot tomorrow morning first thing" and then swing by Kmart on the way to base.

Dreaver

I just scrolled through the list of maps. The all seem really small and boring.. Also it looks like almost all are urban area's. Bleh, I want desert and Estate like maps :(

The_Monk said:
I, for the first time decided to get 2 FPS's even if I have another couples of great games (UC3, Dark Souls,Forza4) to play.

That and getting this for 20€ was just too good to miss.

Is anyone with more games than time? Is life making you way more busy than It should? I need a hug!
I do... Got like 5 games sealed, still having lots of fun in Battlefield 3 and I want a load of upcoming games...

Fuck internship.

Angry Fork

Have a few questions now that more people have the game.

1. Is every gun pretty much one shot kill in hardcore mode? If that's the case then is there a point to sniping?

2. How is hardcore search and destroy? Is it better or worse than COD4 in terms of noob tube abusers, campers etc. and the like?

3. How would you compare the map balance to COD4? Are the maps typically balanced for all classes or are there some ONLY for machine gunners and some only for snipers.

Angry Fork said:
Have a few questions now that more people have the game.

1. Is every gun pretty much one shot kill in hardcore mode? If that's the case then is there a point to sniping?

2. How is hardcore search and destroy? Is it better or worse than COD4 in terms of noob tube abusers, campers etc. and the like?

3. How would you compare the map balance to COD4? Are the maps typically balanced for all classes or are there some ONLY for machine gunners and some only for snipers.
You may like battlefield.

zam

My MW3 Hardened arrived today! :D

I have a question though, I saw that the Elite console app is available for download on marketplace, so I downloaded that. Then on xbox.com I redeemed my 1 year of elite premium code that came with my hardened. Yet when I go into elite on my 360 I still get the "click here to upgrade to premium". Have I boned myself out of my free year of elite premium?

When I click the "upgrade" button in elite I get a thing that asks me to redeem a code, and it says under membership info "Join date 2011-11, end date 2012-11". I'm thinking that either I successfully upgraded to premium, just that it will be reflected once MW3 officially releases, or that "Join date / end date" stuff is what my join/end date would be if I upgraded..

The_Monk

Less than 12 hours to pick this up.

All I need to know now is:

If I am a not so good player on MW2 but I'm a good/okay player in BO will I be at least average in MW3?

sweetfish

Gold Member
Anyone with the game that have looked at the possibilities for custom games?
They said in some live stream that it would be possible to create Gun Game, and this is one of the things I will be missing from BO. I hope they bring it back in some form.

Angry Fork

cuevas said:
You may like battlefield.
I loved COD4. I'd get Battlefield 3 but I don't have the money to upgrade my vid card right now and I'd want to max it out for the full effect.

I just want MW3 to be as good as COD4, same balance/damage but without noob tube abusing. If that's how it is I'll like it.

def sim

CoD4 and WaW are truly broken, as in people are leaving the map and are still able to kill people? So is MW2 the same or does it have those same problems too? It'd be funny if MW2 ended up being the most balanced in the end. As annoying as they were, the combination of OMA everything, commando knife, and claymores balanced each other out. Enough so that normal gunplay is very present in the game, despite everyone's exaggeration.

cuevas said:
It's a mw game, it'll probably outrange snipers.

aw now we're talking

Xater

sweetfish said:
Anyone with the game that have looked at the possibilities for custom games?
They said in some live stream that it would be possible to create Gun Game, and this is one of the things I will be missing from BO. I hope they bring it back in some form.

You can create gun games in custom games. You can even change which weapons people will get and stuff. At least that is what they said on the IGN stream not too long ago.

J2d

I got as question about the Prestige shop. Extra custom classes seems to be the one thing I spend my tokens on but I don't wanna miss out on and callsigns and emblems. Does that mean that if I wanna have all the callsigns etc I'm only gonna have 5 custom classes when I have prestiged ten times?

Fuck I'm pumped for this. Won't get to play until tomorrow night though. Might stay out of this thread til then because I'm getting so jealous of all of you who have it right now.

rance said:
CoD4 and WaW are truly broken, as in people are leaving the map and are still able to kill people? So is MW2 the same or does it have those same problems too? It'd be funny if MW2 ended up being the most balanced in the end. As annoying as they were, the combination of OMA everything, commando knife, and claymores balanced each other out. Enough so that normal gunplay is very present in the game, despite everyone's exaggeration.

aw now we're talking
You have a very odd definition of balance.

sweetfish

Gold Member
Xater said:
You can create gun games in custom games. You can even change which weapons people will get and stuff. At least that is what they said on the IGN stream not too long ago.

Yup, thats the stream I was thinking of. I want to know how much control you have, if anyone have tried it yet.

Madtown_

cuevas said:
You have a very odd definition of balance.
Black Ops is inherently boring and unbalanced simply because of the blackbird. Every game with a party is EXACTLY the same. Exactly.

Anyways, I'm excited for this one. It looks like the damage models aren't anything crazy.. Just wish they'd give people more of a reason to use the LMG's.

I'll probably get Elite once the first map pack comes out.

Coldphire

Neo Member
Are there any podcasts or YouTube channels that you recommend listening to / watching over the next week to get some good insight and opinions on the MW3 multiplayer?

Kyoufu

Coldphire said:
Are there any podcasts or YouTube channels that you recommend listening to / watching over the next week to get some good insight and opinions on the MW3 multiplayer?

Look for Whiteboy7thst on youtube. Very popular PS3 commentator that has been doing gameplay videos since MW2. Best player/commentator IMO.

Hyunkel6

Coldphire said:
Elpresador. Fair and unbiased opinions mixed with good gameplay.

Miggytronz

Hyunkel6 said:

HAHAHAHAHA im sorry Predador is pretty terrible at video games and his videos prove that week to week. Unbiased..........he compares all video games to COD, Even Gears of War. LOL

Madtown_

Hyunkel6 said:
+1
Absolutely true.

The only mainstream CoD commentators that don't annoy me are woody and maybe seananners. Still don't watch them, though. I'd rather play the game than listen to someone talk during gameplay of it.

Hyunkel6 said:

J2qVD.gif

Hanmik

Deadly Cyclone said:
When do the reviews hit?

gamereactor denmark has a review ready 00.01 Danish Time.. (thats 23.01 in the UK)..

ohh they changed it to early tomorrow.. some time difference problems..

This is the first CoD from 4 on that I don't plan on buying. I got all of the others day one. It feels... weird.

If GAF's opinion is fairly positive then I might be swayed in the future.

Angry Fork

Elpresador hates campers and noob tubers but beyond that he's fair I think. Whenever he complains about someone killing him gun on gun it's just for show, part of his act/character.

I think the only thing he legitimately hates deep down is campers. His commentaries are entertaining none the less and worth watching if you're looking for decent COD feedback. He's said he loved black ops but hates MW2 so he doesn't love everything about COD.

Madtown_ said:
Black Ops is inherently boring and unbalanced simply because of the blackbird.

Well MW3 has the Advanced UAV, which is already getting called in every single game I play. Thank god for Assassin, the required Perk 2.

Madtown_

Genesis Knight said:
Well MW3 has the Advanced UAV, which is already getting called in every single game I play. Thank god for Assassin, the required Perk 2.
The Blackbird is always updated and cannot be countered by any perk.
The Advanced UAV updates once every 5 seconds, and as you mentioned can be countered by a perk. That's the difference.

test_account

XP-39C²
The PS3 version is really smooth online, even in Ground War (9 vs 9 players).

Genesis Knight said:
It doesnt show the positions in realtime like the Blackbird in Black Ops though.

EDIT: Already mentioned in the post above :)

Gaogaogao

Madtown_ said:
The Blackbird is always updated and cannot be countered by any perk.
The Advanced UAV updates once every 5 seconds, and as you mentioned can be countered by a perk. That's the difference.
certainly a blackbird could be countered by another blackbird?

Top Bottom